General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

You know you're a VQ driver when...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 10:42 PM
!OG SNES OG!

You know you're a VQ Driver when:

- you pass your time in the sun tanning booth dreaming about what mods you are going to do next (lol)

- your car gets smoked by a deer and you're actually happy! (because for the $300 dollar comprehensive deductible, you are getting a new hood, front quarter panel, and two side doors and they were the only part of your Max that had dings/scratches in them anyways).

- you get teary-eyed reading that some other schmo 1 country and 2000 miles away loves his car as much as you love yours

- you drive to Toronto (500 KM) for a Maxima meet

- the only Christmas presents that you want are Maxima related

- you've put over 80,000KM on your car in 17 months

- you are the fastest and sexiest import in a town full of hicks

- you spend more time on the .org than you do in the gym... and it's starting to show

- you have this thread on your PC for two days because it takes so damn long to read

- your wife thinks that the car rides great stock, and has no objections to you lowering it any more

- you are up until 2:30 in the morning installing your Frankencar midpipe

- you smoke your dad's Acura CL-S on a regular basis

- you could continue to put more things down on this list, but you realize that you have other things in life that must get done...

I love you BlaXXXima

Mike
Old 11-23-2002, 11:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

OMG! this thred is still here? wtf are u all tryin to do see how many pages it can take? man ive been away for 4 months and this is still goin, u all got some problem
Old 11-24-2002, 12:01 AM
aka UNCDooD

Originally posted by HitManSE
OMG! this thred is still here? wtf are u all tryin to do see how many pages it can take? man ive been away for 4 months and this is still goin, u all got some problem

i sorta revived the thread.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:46 AM

...when you tell your girlfrined to drop you off because you don't feel good, just to take your Max out for a spin
...when you get that feeling pulling up next to a riced out honda
...and when he looks at you, startled and scared and asks, "what? what do you want?"
Old 11-25-2002, 01:49 AM

Originally posted by max002

When you stare in glee at a j32a2 powered cl-s next to you in your side view mirrors as you just whooped its a$$

(Was driving a s/c 1997 auto...a car 6 years OLDER than the CL)

It amazes me how long it takes Honda to match up to the competition. According to their press reports, they did it until now to make their cars more profitable than toyota's. The profitability reports in the US show the biggest profits in this order: Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda... it's gotta hurt ot not have the best selling turd anymore

well, i would hope the supercharger would help you keep up

i've ridden in s/c'd maximas of your vintage that wouldn't keep up w/ my car though.

what, you can't take a joke, come on now
Old 11-25-2002, 02:37 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by max2acs

well, i would hope the supercharger would help you keep up

i've ridden in s/c'd maximas of your vintage that wouldn't keep up w/ my car though.

what, you can't take a joke, come on now
s/c is just trying to keep the HP #'s close

btw, myburrito'sbiggerthanyours

well, at least you're not in an accord
Old 11-25-2002, 05:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You know your a VQ driver when:

1. Your at the redlight and girls are trying to get your attention

2. When your wife wants make her car as fast as yours

3. When non maxima.org members see you on the street and follow
you around

4. When your younger 14 Year old brothers goes to school and
informs his class mates that there is not that many
cars that can not beat the Maxima and they dont believe him

5. When your younger brother just wants to work on a Maxima

6. When you go to Import day at the track and cant line up with no
Hondas

7. When your friends SCed Maxima spanks a F-body WS6 and hes in total disbelief he has to race him three times
Old 11-25-2002, 10:17 AM

When you actuallyactually have to think about either having sex with your wife, or washing "BlackWind".

When you convince your woman to buy a stick, even though you can't drive it, and have to "lay it down" so she can teach you.

When you pull out your axe handle at this a$$whle for scratching your Max. (In front of a police station in downtown New Orleans)
Old 11-25-2002, 11:20 AM

s/c is just trying to keep the HP #'s close

btw, myburrito'sbiggerthanyours

well, at least you're not in an accord

no, not in an accord

but try to remember this, the 6 speed accord coupe coming out in february is quicker than the 6 speed max or altima. time to show some respect

btw, i have owned a '90 se 5spd, and 95 gxe max
Old 11-25-2002, 01:16 PM
aka UNCDooD

no, not in an accord

but try to remember this, the 6 speed accord coupe coming out in february is quicker than the 6 speed max or altima. time to show some respect

i'm gonna definitely call on that right there.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Ludicrous Speed

no, not in an accord

2003 Accord 6-spd ... 240HP, 215TQ
2003 Maxima 6-spd (assuming factory blunder and not 255HP) ... 240HP, 246TQ

????? Dunno what you're talking about. Better yet, how about we race both of those cars but from 80MPH-0MPH Wimpy torque and nearly 1/3 more of the braking distance of the Altima.

-You know you're a VQ driver when you can stop on a dime if your life depended on it
Old 11-25-2002, 03:53 PM

you change your oil and oil filter way before 3000 miles, because you really LOVE your VQ
Old 11-25-2002, 08:21 PM

you know you're a vq driver when...

- you dont have a maxima, but your friend does, and when it messes up you go help him out (and do everything yourself) but when your car messes up you just kick it and ***** about how much you want a maxima.

- you notice everything that is wrong with the maxima BEFORE it becomes wrong........

- you try to explain in complete detail to your girlfriend what youve done to your maxima after you finish a mod even though not in a million years will she understand it... you just feel cool saying all the things you did to it

- when a honduh pulls up next to you and starts revving you start trying to swat the bees you hear buzzing around you then realize its just his damn car, so you smoke him just so you wont have to hear that damn noise anymore!!!

- if you wake up in the middle of the night to get a snack, you take a peek out the window just to make sure she's still there

- you pet the dashboard every once in a while and tell her how much you love her, and that if you weren't in a relationship, you two would be together... at least i do this.......

Old 11-26-2002, 12:50 AM

listen, bishes -

car and driver oct. 2002 02 max 6mt, 14.7 @ 97, same for the alti.

dec. 2002, 03 accord ex v6 6mt, 14.5 @ 98.

learn to deal. i know it's difficult for some of you to comprehend. i'm sure the stock cl-s auto's (even the 6mt's ) don't like it a bit either. but it's the real deal. unless you are pretty modded, you won't be walking all over v6 accords anymore.

you may see the tails
Old 11-26-2002, 01:15 AM
Ludicrous Speed

listen, bishes -

car and driver oct. 2002 02 max 6mt, 14.7 @ 97, same for the alti.

dec. 2002, 03 accord ex v6 6mt, 14.5 @ 98.

learn to deal. i know it's difficult for some of you to comprehend. i'm sure the stock cl-s auto's (even the 6mt's ) don't like it a bit either. but it's the real deal. unless you are pretty modded, you won't be walking all over v6 accords anymore.

you may see the tails
This guy actually takes Car & Driver times seriously =oD

Search is your friend... look for all the discrepancies in Car & Driver. Then read C&D's countless letter to editor sections with corrected numbers posted by readers...the editors admit to mistakes, as well as uncorrected time-slips for sea level. They don't test all their cars on the same tracks and same drivers. I should know, I was an intern with their art/layout dept.

Oh, and by the way Car & Driver March 2002 page 52: 2003 Acura 3.2CL-S 6mt, 14.7 @ 94 mph.. all out of 260HP/232TQ .. Dude, you'd finish in a tie with the Altima and Maxima!! Oh and once again, those other 2 fat boys have an extra 2 doors of weight.

Refer to pages 52 & 69 of that same March 02 issue. Let's try Acura vs. Infiniti 2-doors, although i guarantee you both the CL-S and G35 times are most likely faster than this:

2003 Acura 3.2CL-S 6mt, 14.7 @ 94 mph.. all out of 260HP/232TQ
2003 Infiniti G35 5at, 14.8 @ 94mph.. out of 260HP/260TQ... Oh wait my bad! They tested the heavier 4-door.. doh! How you like them coupe tails?

You know you're a VQ driver when you defend the engine til death!
Old 11-26-2002, 01:27 AM
Ludicrous Speed

You know you're a VQ driver when you have your handy "Guide to Car & Driver's Quarter-Mile Mistakes" reference book by your side.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:21 AM

Re: You nkow you drive a VQ when...

Originally posted by 88MaximaSE
You make a webpage with the contents from this thred.

http://www.geocities.com/edwardyen.geo/cars/vq.htm
when you click on the link from this webpage, not knowing anything except that it's about maxima's
Old 11-26-2002, 01:01 PM
aka UNCDooD

Re: Re: You nkow you drive a VQ when...

Originally posted by johnvt1111

when you click on the link from this webpage, not knowing anything except that it's about maxima's
when you bookmark that page before even reading it.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:28 PM

if you don't acknowledge the car (03 accord 6mt) is as fast the maximas then your just being ignorant.

it's not like i have one and i'm trying to defend it, i just am telling you what i've seen and heard.

i'm done hijacking this thread
Old 11-26-2002, 02:31 PM
aka UNCDooD

[QUOTE]Originally posted by max2acs

if you don't acknowledge the car (03 accord 6mt) is as fast the maximas then your just being ignorant.

it's not like i have one and i'm trying to defend it, i just am telling you what i've seen and heard.

i'll admit to the '03 Accord 6MT being just as fast as the Max but the autotragic of the Accord probably can't hang w/ the sheer power of my 3-pedal-ed VQ30.

nah, it'd probably hang w/ it..
Old 11-26-2002, 02:44 PM
Handsome

First Drive: 2003 Honda Accord
Wherein "Sporty Accord" Proves to be an Oxymoron
By Christian Wardlaw
Last updated: 2002-10-07

Charlie Baker, project leader for the 2003 Honda Accord development team, insisted on playing up sporty driving characteristics and emotional styling cues during the recent press briefing for the redesigned icon in Hollywood, Calif.

The 3.0-liter V6 sees a more dramatic power gain, as it now makes 240 hp at 6,250 rpm and 212 lb-ft of torque at 5,000 rpm. This power gain comes courtesy of a redesigned air intake, a freer-flowing exhaust, larger intake and exhaust valves, modifications to the fuel system and the updated iVTEC system. The V6 is rated to achieve 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway with the automatic transmission and will meet ULEV emissions standards in California.

During the press briefing, Baker made claims that the Accord V6 powerplant would make us forget about the new Nissan Altima's 3.5-liter V6. We beg to differ, having driven our long-term Altima 3.5 SE to the Accord launch. In contrast to the Nissan, the Honda upshifts and downshifts more fluidly and with less kick, but when the Accord's engine is revved, it fails to delight with any eagerness or urgency to rush to speed the way the Altima's V6 does. The Altima is a thrill ride when the go-pedal is mashed; the Accord is not. This, we're certain, is sure to please traditional Accord buyers, but it's not going to appeal to performance-minded folks.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:56 PM
aka UNCDooD

Originally posted by Street Reeper

First Drive: 2003 Honda Accord
Wherein "Sporty Accord" Proves to be an Oxymoron
By Christian Wardlaw
Last updated: 2002-10-07

Charlie Baker, project leader for the 2003 Honda Accord development team, insisted on playing up sporty driving characteristics and emotional styling cues during the recent press briefing for the redesigned icon in Hollywood, Calif.

The 3.0-liter V6 sees a more dramatic power gain, as it now makes 240 hp at 6,250 rpm and 212 lb-ft of torque at 5,000 rpm. This power gain comes courtesy of a redesigned air intake, a freer-flowing exhaust, larger intake and exhaust valves, modifications to the fuel system and the updated iVTEC system. The V6 is rated to achieve 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway with the automatic transmission and will meet ULEV emissions standards in California.

During the press briefing, Baker made claims that the Accord V6 powerplant would make us forget about the new Nissan Altima's 3.5-liter V6. We beg to differ, having driven our long-term Altima 3.5 SE to the Accord launch. In contrast to the Nissan, the Honda upshifts and downshifts more fluidly and with less kick, but when the Accord's engine is revved, it fails to delight with any eagerness or urgency to rush to speed the way the Altima's V6 does. The Altima is a thrill ride when the go-pedal is mashed; the Accord is not. This, we're certain, is sure to please traditional Accord buyers, but it's not going to appeal to performance-minded folks.

hahaha...i read that same article this morning
Old 11-26-2002, 03:09 PM
living out of a maxima...

me too... just laughed with evil delight
Old 11-26-2002, 03:17 PM

im tired of seeing posts about other cars, atleast post them in a different thread, under ANYONE WHO CARES.....cause i really don't care
Old 11-26-2002, 05:06 PM

you know you're a max driver when...

...when your dad sends money for your dorm fees and you blow it all on eibaachs, struts and suspension techniques front and rear sway bars.
I'm skrewed this christmas.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:13 PM
Sports Button FTW

when you have to race newer cars for competition because the ones in your age are too slow
Old 11-26-2002, 08:34 PM

Re: i love these threads

Originally posted by nismo2020
- your at the import hang out spot and you constantly have to pop the hood to prove you DONT have a supercharger.
haha this is so true man. i raced my friend's 91 Supra Single Turbo, I beat him because he was scared to run his car. When we met back up at our spot, he asked my other friend if I was SUPERCHARGED when I was bone-stock. Good **** right? =)
Old 11-26-2002, 08:38 PM
aka UNCDooD

Re: Re: i love these threads

Originally posted by xsp00kyx

haha this is so true man. i raced my friend's 91 Supra Single Turbo, I beat him because he was scared to run his car. When we met back up at our spot, he asked my other friend if I was SUPERCHARGED when I was bone-stock. Good **** right? =)

very good ****!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:15 PM

heres one

when you go to the track for the first time and out of 6 races you win 5 and lose one to a supercharged maxima by one second and your completely stock! ( i lost to iansw. thats my boy!!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:29 PM

Re: heres one

Originally posted by 98maxblackwind
when you go to the track for the first time and out of 6 races you win 5 and lose one to a supercharged maxima by one second and your completely stock! ( i lost to iansw. thats my boy!!
Um thats not losing....we're in the same boat and are brothers...that's quality control...
Old 11-26-2002, 10:31 PM

Re: Re: heres one

Originally posted by lophix

Um thats not losing....we're in the same boat and are brothers...that's quality control...
huh?
Old 11-27-2002, 07:45 AM
Handsome

When you would pull over if you saw someone stranded with a Maxima, just because it's a Maxima. But I never see stranded Maximas
Old 11-27-2002, 05:05 PM

When you realize that this topic has been the biggest and longest thread seen for one car and one car only MAXIMA!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

when you ask yourself when is this thread going to die.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:48 PM
ATt

...when you look inside other maxima's to see if they are 5spd or not...
Old 11-27-2002, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by ATt
...when you look inside other maxima's to see if they are 5spd or not...
all the time!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:53 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

all the time!
me too, ALL the time lol. at least i'm not alone.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima2k2

me too, ALL the time lol. at least i'm not alone.
but i have to do it quick cause sometimes theres someone in the drivers seat!
Old 11-27-2002, 06:58 PM

but i have to do it quick cause sometimes theres someone in the drivers seat!
for all autos..... they still smell your exhaust because you have no cat, as you get 4 car lengths ahead of their 5 spd
Old 11-27-2002, 07:02 PM

When you see a Maxima on the highway, and you look for ANY signs of mods...and when you do see someone with something you immediatley go to the regional forums and post a "sighting". Sorry if that one was said before, but there is NO WAY I'm reading 19 pages!!

Quick Reply: You know you're a VQ driver when...