General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

INNER TIRE ROD IS BAD! can't get wheel alignment

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 01:19 PM
Sports Button FTW

INNER TIRE ROD IS BAD! can't get wheel alignment

ain't this a super b*tch, i planned for this for almost a month now...get wheel alignment today, change wheel stud tomorrow and put rim on tomorrow...i go to this motherf*cking shop and they tell me my inner tire rod is bad, they can't give me wheel alignment till it's fixed. It costs 190 bucks! that's my money for my cold AIR INTAKE plus change! HOLY SH*T!!! Now i gotta find cheapest place to get this fixed JUST so i can go back and spend more money on a wheel alignment. They showed me why it was bad and it is my fault (fell alseep on wheel way back and messed up my right tire....) now when he showed me, it was all wiggling when he touched it, and it's not supposed to move....I'm not even gonna ask if there's a easy way to install this but does this need to be changed in order to get wheel alignment? i'm gonna check more spots to see if this is true, but what a crapola thing man....I'm SOOOO MAD RIGHT NOW! You know what, i'm going to hold off on Cold Air intake and y-pipe, first i'm getting my conversion, then i'll do all that cause i'm scared they might interfere with transformation you know?
Old 03-28-2002, 01:29 PM

Re: INNER TIRE ROD IS BAD! can't get wheel alignment

Originally posted by meccanoble
I'm not even gonna ask if there's a easy way to install this but does this need to be changed in order to get wheel alignment?
Some places might not do it without it being fixed it it will affect the quality of the alignment. In other words, they dont want you coming back three weeks later complaining they did not do a good job and you want one now for free. You should get it replaced anyhow.

SuDZ
Old 03-28-2002, 01:43 PM

Re: INNER TIRE ROD IS BAD! can't get wheel alignment

ain't this a super b*tch, i planned for this for almost a month now...get wheel alignment today, change wheel stud tomorrow and put rim on tomorrow...i go to this motherf*cking shop and they tell me my inner tire rod is bad, they can't give me wheel alignment till it's fixed. It costs 190 bucks! that's my money for my cold AIR INTAKE plus change! HOLY SH*T!!! Now i gotta find cheapest place to get this fixed JUST so i can go back and spend more money on a wheel alignment. They showed me why it was bad and it is my fault (fell alseep on wheel way back and messed up my right tire....) now when he showed me, it was all wiggling when he touched it, and it's not supposed to move....I'm not even gonna ask if there's a easy way to install this but does this need to be changed in order to get wheel alignment? i'm gonna check more spots to see if this is true, but what a crapola thing man....I'm SOOOO MAD RIGHT NOW! You know what, i'm going to hold off on Cold Air intake and y-pipe, first i'm getting my conversion, then i'll do all that cause i'm scared they might interfere with transformation you know?
Chill on the language dude the shop didn't do anything to you. You shouldn't be able to pass inspection if your rod is bad and your wheel has play. That's a steep labor charge because the tie rod is only $37. It's worth fixing nonetheless. If they start telling you need bushings, boots, then it's time to walk away. Otherwise fix it and get the alignment, put your rims on.

Inner Tie Rod, Maxima, List
$50.40
Sell $37.80
Old 03-28-2002, 10:38 PM
Sports Button FTW

sorry bout the language...jesus, they charging too much then...my normal mechanic said he can do it cheaper but my pop's said i should go to those guys cause they doing alignment and if alignment bad, i can blame them...and they'll have to do something for me...i also have to do a tire rotation...
Old 03-29-2002, 01:04 PM
Sports Button FTW

iight, there idiots...where can i get the tire rods (inner) at that price?! (38.00) they charged 90 for labor so it would come out to 170 instead....please let me know...i wanna order them then bring them at the spot to fix...but i need to know it's the right ones....they got OEM ones which were for maxima's but the screwing was different...i prefer straight from dealer but list price not MSFR...help me!
Old 03-29-2002, 01:07 PM

iight, there idiots...
I dont know how far your going to get treating people with no respect and insulting them when it is you who was asking for help on this one. Chill out a bit.

SuDZ
Old 03-29-2002, 02:06 PM
Sports Button FTW

sorry....just gets me mad when i wake up EARLY on the day i have no school just to wait there for 3 hours and have nothing done...sucks right...i'm sorry though, just can't deal with incompetence
Old 03-29-2002, 02:16 PM

sorry....just gets me mad when i wake up EARLY on the day i have no school just to wait there for 3 hours and have nothing done...sucks right...i'm sorry though, just can't deal with incompetence
Try giving courtesy parts a call and see waht they tell you the price is. Then tell them your on maxima.org and they will give you a discount around 20 - 25%

SuDZ