General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 03:25 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

Actually proper way is not to use SS mode. Everyone how doesn't use SS mode and just uses the gates gets 14s. SS doesn't hit redline.

Originally posted by SteVTEC
God damn...

Racing proceedures for a CL-S
[list=1][*]Turn off TCS[*]Turn off VSA[*]Put shifter in SS mode.[*]Launch. 1-2 shift is auto.[*]Manually shift to 3rd.[*]Move shifter to D3 to avoid early cutout in SS-3rd.[/list=1]Maxima 5spd proceedures
[list=1][*]Drop the clutch and GO!!![/list=1]Acura's have too damned much idiot proofing.

Old 03-31-2002, 03:26 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

Originally posted by MAX2000JP

There is numerous witnesses. The CL-S driver was racing and had decent skills. He knew about gate shifting, MODs, and turing VSA off. What else is there to argue about???

You are one of the Biggest BSer's I have ever seen. This thread is gonna get locked CAUSE you opened your mouth in it
I hope it gets locked. I am sick of hearing all these bs kills of type-s's all of a sudden popping up.

Bring the witnesses.

Old 03-31-2002, 03:27 PM
RussMaxManiac

Real mature man....If you wanna get arrogant, I have a 2002 A8 L and 2001 330i sitting in my garage. Have Fun!!!
Oh? BMW looses more value as well than a Acura. Audi, I haven't kept track.

So what if they are in your garage, you don't own them.

Old 03-31-2002, 03:28 PM
RussMaxManiac

Dude I like my ****ing car like everyone here likes there damn Maxima. But I am SICK AND TIRED of hearing everyone here making fun of the type-s, mentioning my ****ing name, etc. I am SICK OF IT.

Old 03-31-2002, 03:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Russ, can you answer this though:

Jesus Russ, a year ago you have your 01 Maxima 5spd and boast about killing the CL-S and how it sucks and you go and discredit every Acura owner that boasted about killing a Maxima. Now you have an 02 Acura CL-S and come here and try to discredit every Maxima owner that boasts about killing an Acura.
Old 03-31-2002, 03:37 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Cumalot
Russ, can you answer this though:

Jesus Russ, a year ago you have your 01 Maxima 5spd and boast about killing the CL-S and how it sucks and you go and discredit every Acura owner that boasted about killing a Maxima. Now you have an 02 Acura CL-S and come here and try to discredit every Maxima owner that boasts about killing an Acura.
I just told Steve this. After owning a CL-S I now know why I beat them. I raced them on the highway, and if you catch them at the wrong speed the tranny will not shift down into the gear. If you are going around 70-75 it won't hit 3rd gear and that is what you need. it will stay in 4th and be a dog. If you run one from 50mph~ it will hit 3rd gear and it will pull strong. That is why mine pulled 2+ car lengths on 2 modded 5spd Maximas from 50-110.

Old 03-31-2002, 03:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac

Who cares how much value it loses....If you can afford the car, you dont worry about resale. BMW is still light years ahead of Acura in performance and refinement and thats what you pay the extra money for. BTW PM Furiss112, he will tell you that the CL-S went down.
Old 03-31-2002, 03:50 PM

I just told Steve this. After owning a CL-S I now know why I beat them. I raced them on the highway, and if you catch them at the wrong speed the tranny will not shift down into the gear. If you are going around 70-75 it won't hit 3rd gear and that is what you need. it will stay in 4th and be a dog. If you run one from 50mph~ it will hit 3rd gear and it will pull strong. That is why mine pulled 2+ car lengths on 2 modded 5spd Maximas from 50-110.

Even in SS mode? Couldn't you just downshift to 3rd? Or even in SS mode, it will not allow you to do that going around 70mph?
Old 03-31-2002, 03:51 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

man your sig is killing me!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2002, 03:55 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I love it, this is too much...I'm having flashbacks of kindergarten!

But I am SICK AND TIRED of hearing everyone here making fun of the type-s, mentioning my ****ing name, etc. I am SICK OF IT.
Old 03-31-2002, 03:58 PM
RussMaxManiac

Even in SS mode? Couldn't you just downshift to 3rd? Or even in SS mode, it will not allow you to do that going around 70mph?
Yea even in SS mode . Steve told me to try to downshift to 3rd manually to see if it will work. Do a search on cl-s board for tranny downshift, you will find them talking about it. Idiot proof tranny pos. Oh well.

Old 03-31-2002, 03:59 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Dude I like my ****ing car like everyone here likes there damn Maxima. But I am SICK AND TIRED of hearing everyone here making fun of the type-s, mentioning my ****ing name, etc. I am SICK OF IT.
Russ, people would stop mentioning your name if you actually addressed and cleared up all of your contradictions and 180's that you've made instead of just ignoring them when people bring it up.

If bill calls you out on one of your 180's, if you just said "yeah, well I was wrong" or "actually, the Acura isn't as good as I thought it was" or "the Maxima isn't as good as I thought it was" and addressed each thing instead of accusing him of harassing you, you would make yourself look so much better

And then these guys would stop making fun of you too
Old 03-31-2002, 04:04 PM

I was talking to Russ on IM and he was describing this and I seriously couldn't believe it.

Geez...that Acura 5AT is so idiot proofed that you seriously cannot do anything with it it seems. SS mode is just bogus. I could downshift my Accord V6 from D4 to D3 at 90 mph (the cutoff was about 92 I think) without a problem and it'd hit 3rd gear. 70-75? dayum!!! That really sucks! That would annoy the hell out of me.

Anyways, if a CL-S loses because the tranny is so idiot-proofed that the driver can't downshift, or is in the wrong mode or whatever, and then loses because of that, this is what people in the automotive world would call that.

An EXCUSE!!

This is why I got a manual tranny. No idiot-proofing. No BS. If I want 3rd gear at 75 mph on the highway then by golly I am going to get it!!!
Old 03-31-2002, 04:06 PM

Yea even in SS mode . Steve told me to try to downshift to 3rd manually to see if it will work. Do a search on cl-s board for tranny downshift, you will find them talking about it. Idiot proof tranny pos. Oh well.

Hm...interesting. I think the CL-S is a very nice car. I don't blame you for switching to one, but maybe you should have wait and got the 6spd one? A friend of mine is getting one, that's why I asked the questions. I better tell him to get the new 6spd.
Old 03-31-2002, 04:07 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

If bill calls you out on one of your 180's, if you just said "yeah, well I was wrong" or "actually, the Acura isn't as good as I thought it was" or "the Maxima isn't as good as I thought it was" and addressed each thing instead of accusing him of harassing you, you would make yourself look so much better
he admits this? where? when?

I'm just a hater.....
Old 03-31-2002, 04:09 PM

Re: Re: Re: Another one bites the dust....CL-S kill...

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

yea....I'm no match for Russ....he stomps on Vipers and Sport Bikes regularly....
so what the vipers & sport bikes he races isn't moving, its sitting in the parking lot.
Old 03-31-2002, 04:19 PM
RussMaxManiac

Hm...interesting. I think the CL-S is a very nice car. I don't blame you for switching to one, but maybe you should have wait and got the 6spd one? A friend of mine is getting one, that's why I asked the questions. I better tell him to get the new 6spd.
Well when i test drove a cl-s before getting this one, the guy was telling me would you rather wait for the 6spd since you have a 5spd now. I was like, I would, but I rather drive a auto now. Sick of the traffic I drive in to work and home every day, so the auto has really been nice actually.

Old 03-31-2002, 04:21 PM

Acura CL-S Proceedure to race a Maxima 5spd from 80 roll-on
[list=1][*]Turn off VSA[*]Turn off TCS[*]Start Race @ 80 (see option list below)

A) Downshift to D3 and fail to catch 3rd - idiot proofing.
B) Dowshift to 3rd in SS and fail to get 3rd - idiot proofing.
C) Just do nothing and duke it out in 4th and get smoked.
D) Slow down to 50 so that then you can get 3rd - idiot proofing.
[*]Use binoculars to see Maxima's ugly tails.[/list=1]Maxima 5/6spd Proceedure to race a CL-S
[list=1][*]Select 3rd/4th gear.[*]GO!!!!![*]Watch Acura slowly disappear in rear-view mirror as they madly scramble and fumble to get the right damned gear on their idiot-proofed to no end auto tranny![/list=1]

I'm sorry Russ, I don't mean to bust on your car but this bizarre auto tranny shift programming is just crazy...there's no denying that!
Old 03-31-2002, 04:30 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Acura CL-S Proceedure to race a Maxima 5spd from 80 roll-on
[list=1][*]Turn off VSA[*]Turn off TCS[*]Start Race @ 80 (see option list below)

A) Downshift to D3 and fail to catch 3rd - idiot proofing.
B) Dowshift to 3rd in SS and fail to get 3rd - idiot proofing.
C) Just do nothing and duke it out in 4th and get smoked.
D) Slow down to 50 so that then you can get 3rd - idiot proofing.
[*]Use binoculars to see Maxima's ugly tails.[/list=1]Maxima 5/6spd Proceedure to race a CL-S
[list=1][*]Select 3rd/4th gear.[*]GO!!!!![*]Watch Acura slowly disappear in rear-view mirror as they madly scramble and fumble to get the right damned gear on their idiot-proofed to no end auto tranny![/list=1]

I'm sorry Russ, I don't mean to bust on your car but this bizarre auto tranny shift programming is just crazy...there's no denying that!

Steve,

I (and I think Russ) will agree on the programming of the autos for sport shifting. You don't really get a whole lot of "control" to do what you want and select the optimum gears. Instead of going simple, they obviously wrote bullet-proof firmware to take care of most conceivable situations. While that shows a good attention to detail, they also programmed some of the fun out of it.....
Old 03-31-2002, 04:38 PM

Old 03-31-2002, 04:45 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by deezo

Old 03-31-2002, 04:45 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

oh man, now that did it...

Originally posted by deezo
Old 03-31-2002, 04:47 PM

Sorry, I had to do it.
Old 03-31-2002, 04:47 PM

oh man...wait till the Acura guys (excluding russ) see that!!!

deezo you ROCK!!!
Old 03-31-2002, 04:54 PM

oh man...wait till the Acura guys (excluding russ) see that!!!

deezo you ROCK!!!
As you all can see, they come with leather too.
Old 03-31-2002, 04:55 PM
RussMaxManiac

Here:

Old 03-31-2002, 04:57 PM

Russ-

BLAH BLAH BLAH.....excuses, excuses.....

I NEVER post BS kills....EVER...in fact, it's rare that I even post a kill at all...maybe once a month.

If you want confirmation...PM Furbiss112....he was there....and so was my brother in his Grand Prix, and my brother's friend in his 200SX.

I'm not going to argue with you becuase frankly it's not worth it. And the comment about the depreciation of the vehicle was just plain immature. Get a woman Russ.
Old 03-31-2002, 05:30 PM
SLOW

I read this thread up until Russ' first few posts and then stopped. Now its just "blah blah blah, a maxima can never pull a CL-S from a roll, blah blah blah." As if I haven't done it twice on the street and once on the track, and as if brian hasn't raced enough of them to prove it too. Blah blah blah.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:33 AM

Russ is a fu*king lame hypocrite and you should get off the board and go back to your CL-S shiet hole that you so properly fit into.

end of discussion.
Old 04-01-2002, 02:49 AM

Russ...

Im sorry to say, but you annoy the **** out of me. You Im me all the time to tell me that the maximas are at it again, but in fact you are the one who starts all the flames!! GROW UP!! I know the maxima has a good chance to a type-s.. why is that hard to belive his maxima beat him? You really need a new hobby, you will kill youself at a young age over this little stuff. Just move on... you own a CLS and be happy. You dont need to bad mouth or call other liars. Im surpised these maxima owners dont ever ***** you out, you need a good *** kicking. Im sorry i had to be the one to say it. Im just sick of this whole Maxima vs type-s threads. Finally we get a good story of a race and both owners being respectful, and then you have to come in here and ruin it. Just stop already. Damn go buy yourself a mustang.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:13 AM

Originally posted by Crazy AcurA
Russ...

Im sorry to say, but you annoy the **** out of me. You Im me all the time to tell me that the maximas are at it again, but in fact you are the one who starts all the flames!! GROW UP!! I know the maxima has a good chance to a type-s.. why is that hard to belive his maxima beat him? You really need a new hobby, you will kill youself at a young age over this little stuff. Just move on... you own a CLS and be happy. You dont need to bad mouth or call other liars. Im surpised these maxima owners dont ever ***** you out, you need a good *** kicking. Im sorry i had to be the one to say it. Im just sick of this whole Maxima vs type-s threads. Finally we get a good story of a race and both owners being respectful, and then you have to come in here and ruin it. Just stop already. Damn go buy yourself a mustang.
That's just Russ, no matter what car he buys, it will be faster than any other like it or not like it.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:06 AM

ooooh....now an Acura owner lays the smack down on Russ. Ouch!!

Old 04-01-2002, 06:09 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Oh please, don't even compare your $hitty honda to a BMW.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:36 AM
RussMaxManiac

lol, kinda funny you say this after you got banned from the TL-S site for starting flame wars. lol

Originally posted by Crazy AcurA
Russ...

Old 04-01-2002, 06:37 AM

Old 04-01-2002, 07:11 AM

Originally posted by MaxedOut97SE
Yeah, I was wondering about that, it seemed a little off....and oh as a matter of fact that was said in the beginning of a review of a 2k2 6 speed....That article also went on to say that if only Nissan would make the Max RWD and add a lil more HP then it would be a world class sports car, along with the 540i 6 spd and M5.....HOLLA!!!
they already did, but they didn't have alot of HP, but you could always change that.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by Nealoc187
I read this thread up until Russ' first few posts and then stopped. Now its just "blah blah blah, a maxima can never pull a CL-S from a roll, blah blah blah." As if I haven't done it twice on the street and once on the track, and as if brian hasn't raced enough of them to prove it too. Blah blah blah.
I can't say thats entirely true, but my 84max is not exactly stock, it doesn't even have the original engine in it
Old 04-01-2002, 08:32 AM

lol, kinda funny you say this after you got banned from the TL-S site for starting flame wars. lol

Russ has an answer for everything
Old 04-01-2002, 08:42 AM

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

Russ has an answer for everything
Like i said before, Russ gives everyone that owns the same make/model as him a bad name. The Chicagoland TL/CL owners last fall invited us to their meet. They were nice guys and enjoyed cars. No arguing or dissing each other, just some nice smoke shows