General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anybody getting tired Intake ads?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 04:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Anybody getting tired Intake ads?

Seems like every other post there's a certain homemade intake vendor that either plugs his intake or skews discusions about the merits of different intakes and filters. I don't want to name anyone but I'm talking about the WAI WITH the midpipe.
I mean, I had first considered trying his product but after seeing how he is using (or rather mis-using) this board - it's turned me off to doing any business with him. Just had to vent!
Old 04-07-2002, 04:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

intakes a talked about lots in general because they are cheap and give decent HP for the $$$. The fact that one of our members sells a quality intake for less than the competition is not a bad thing is it?
Old 04-07-2002, 05:05 PM

Re: Anybody getting tired Intake ads?

Originally posted by sleepermax
Seems like every other post there's a certain homemade intake vendor that either plugs his intake or skews discusions about the merits of different intakes and filters. I don't want to name anyone but I'm talking about the WAI WITH the midpipe.
I mean, I had first considered trying his product but after seeing how he is using (or rather mis-using) this board - it's turned me off to doing any business with him. Just had to vent!
I have NO problem with this. Said persons make quality products and have very fair prices. If anything I wish MORE aftermarket companies and manufacturers would participate on this board. Warpspeed, Frankencar, Berk Tuning, Custommaxima, all get my respect. They take a leap of faith and risk to produce products for our cars which have a very limited aftermarket. THEY stand to lose money, but they continue to do what they do because they share something with us. They too love their maximas. I for one, am tired of seeing people on this board scare away prospective manufacturers and makers of new products. Most of the negative attitude comes from people who are not willing to spend the money that is necessary for quality products and performance increase. Ultimately, those of us who ARE willing, are the ones who suffer.
Old 04-07-2002, 05:34 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

theres nothing wrong with self-promotion...at least he does in in appropriate threads(ie-when someone asks which intake to buy)..I don't hang in the 5th gen forum so I don't know how "bad" it is, but as long as the claims are valid and dynos are there to prove any power differences what wrong with a member promoting a decent, less expensive quality product...we should have more guys doing this to begin with!!!
Old 04-07-2002, 07:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Anybody getting tired Intake ads?

Originally posted by Chinkzilla

I have NO problem with this. Said persons make quality products and have very fair prices. If anything I wish MORE aftermarket companies and manufacturers would participate on this board. Warpspeed, Frankencar, Berk Tuning, Custommaxima, all get my respect. They take a leap of faith and risk to produce products for our cars which have a very limited aftermarket. THEY stand to lose money, but they continue to do what they do because they share something with us. They too love their maximas. I for one, am tired of seeing people on this board scare away prospective manufacturers and makers of new products. Most of the negative attitude comes from people who are not willing to spend the money that is necessary for quality products and performance increase. Ultimately, those of us who ARE willing, are the ones who suffer.
Well, my point was that it seems the motivation behind a lot of his posts is solely to either 1)knock a competitor or 2)hype his product or misinform. On the contrary whenever Warpspeed, Berk, Avalon, Cattman, Don, ect, post it's informative and I find myself learning something new and useful. This is not at all the case with this certain individuals posts - it's mostly hype. I just don't think the board should be used in this manner. I have nothing against him personally and have spent several thousand dollars trying just about every N/A performance mod for both auto and now my 5-speed. So I have no problem with paying for a quality product. I'm just getting tired of the useless hype.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:26 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I agree that this "company" shouldn't be allowed to post threads, but it's my understanding that Jamie is fine with it. This "company" would get a lot more of my respect if I saw their name up in the advertizing banner (ie supporting the org community through advertizing fees). IMO, no one should be allowed to advertize for free. If you've got a product and you want to sell it, then support the Maxima community and this Org and pay some advertizing fees plus they would get massive publicity seeing that their banner would be showing every few seconds. It's a shame the other companies haven't caught on to this. A few $$$$ up front could net you major $$$$$$ on the long haul.

Dave