General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What's the worst you've ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 10:51 AM

What's the worst you've ...

What's the worst you've gotten away with when a cop pulled you over? As for me, believe it or not... I got out of driving without a license (literally)! Okay, so no flames... But when I was not the 'legal' age to drive, & obviously didn't have a license or a permit, I was driving with my sister once around my area, and a cop pulled me over for a non-working brake light. I first gave him the registration and my sister's license (hoping he wouldn't notice ), and he went back to his car... Came back in 2 minutes and...

Cop: Where is your license? Can I please have it.

Me: I don't have a license.

Cop: What!? Excuse me... Do you mean to tell me that you've never had a license in your life... ever?

Me: (calmly)... Uhmm, yes, Sir.

Cop: Do you have any type of an ID on you?

Me: Yes, my state ID... Here you go.

Cop: Okay, I'll be right back... (still shocked...)

So he went back in his car and probably did a run up on my State ID and came back and told me that he'd give me a Summons & a ticket for the brakelight, but he will not give my sister a Summons. So I politely proceeded to ask him if he can give me 2 minutes to explain my self (yeah... driving without a license - what kind of a reason could I possibly have!). So I just told the cop that I really like the car my sister has (CLK 430) and I was just test driving it and I live 2 blocks away... And I didn't mean to 'cause any harm and other than not having a license, I am a decent driver. So he just gave me a small lecture and went back to his car to write the tickets. Came back in 5 mins with just a ticket for the brakelight and let me go with a warning. Oh boy was I happy. And yes, the cop was real nice and I do appreciate his kindness.

So this is the worst what I've gotten away with. Please, no flaming. I don't think there's much harm in driving without a license around your area once-in-a-while (as long as your sitting with a licensed person) - if you KNOW how to drive decent. But anyhow,... Please post about what's the worst you've gotten away with a cop when you got pulled over!
Old 04-20-2002, 11:46 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

Re: What's the worst you've ...

Not me, but my dad was pulled over for doing 110mph, drunk. The cop gave him a ticket for 99mph (100mph = automatic suspension) which cost $300 and didn't even notice the drunk thing.

The trick he used was to pull over so close to the traffic lane that the cop had to approach the passenger side and was less likely to smell his breath.

When he told me this, I told him he was a braindead 4king moron who deserved to wreck out and get killed. We never did get along that well.

Me? When I was young & stupid I passed a cop at 145mph and was over the next hill before I even realised it. Even though I knew I'd lose my licence I pulled over to wait for him (why make a misdemeanour into a felony?), but he never showed. I guess he wasn't expecting to have to set off - prolly still getting his speed trap set up. By the time he picked up the coffee and donut off the floor he obviously didn't think he could catch up. The cop car was a Ford Orion - 2.0 4-banger used in Europe for light traffic duty.

I set off again after 10 mins and passed another cop down the road at legal speed. That cop was VERY interested in me, but finally left me alone without pulling me over. 1st cop obviously didn't get a speed reading and the second cop didn't witness a violation, so...

I never drove that fast again - even to this day. Its very rare I exceed 80/65.
Old 04-20-2002, 12:00 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

95 in a 35, asked me where i was going and told me to slow down.
Old 04-20-2002, 12:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I flew past a cop at about 100 in a 60 on the highway. I had a full car load and a friend in the back had a bottle of pucker he'd been drinking on. I was 16 at the time and was driving my old 1990 Maxima. Everyone yelled, "COP." I didn't see him because it was a large group of cars we were passing and he was in the middle. So, I started slowing down and the cop came right after me and pulled me over. I did not have my license with me either. He asked me why I was going so fast and I gave him some BS excuse that we were being chased (first thing that came to mind). He said that there was no one behind us and I said they must have turned off already. He let us all go and ended up calling my parents at about 3:00 am and told them what I was up to. I was in trouble for a while once I got home, but never got a ticket.
Old 04-20-2002, 12:23 PM

this past spring break i skipped my last class and was on my way home doing 105 in a 45 and a motorcycle cop pulled me over and asked me why i was in such a hurry. i told him that i didn't realize i was going that fast ( by the time i saw him i had slowed down to 90 or 92 but still...) and that i was excited for spring break so my adrenaline was pumping. he laughed and gave me a warning and told me to be careful. nice guy........
Old 04-20-2002, 12:28 PM

i "borrowed" my fathers jag s type one night. i was with a bunch of friends, and we were going to a show in upstate NY but we had no idea where it was. so i made a wrong turn somwehere, and i was on some 2 lane highway all by myself. like, nobody on either side. i was cruising at about 100, trying to find the next exit, and all of a sudden i see the lights behind me. i was convinced i was going to jail. he askes me for my license and reg and insurance. well, i have my license i tell him, but not the others. its my fathers car i say. he then tells me i was doing 100 in a 50. he was running my license like forever. when he comes back, he tells me to slow down, that the speed limit is 50, that next time i borrow a car to have the reg and insurance, and rides my bumper till i get off at the next exit.
Old 04-20-2002, 12:35 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I don't get out of **** with the cops!!!! and my terrible driving record is proof of that!

Old 04-20-2002, 07:39 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

street racing. only made up for all the other times i got nailed over some bull-it. and thank god for green cards.
Old 04-20-2002, 09:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This past October I was pulled over in North Carolina on I-40 doing a 100 in a 65. The funny thing is I was stopped a cop in a dog catcher truck. The officer told me that in the county I was passing through that the Puppy Patrol guys are also sworn police officers. He just asked me why I going so fast and I told him the truth. I said, "Well officer I saw you in a Animal Control truck trying to keep up with me so I was going to prove that there was no way you could keep up with a 2k1 Maxima. If I would have known you were a cop I would have certainly never ran." Anyways he just ran my liscence and everything else, gave me warning and told me to slow down.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:35 PM

let's see....

1. got into a traffic accident, I had the stop sign, the other guy didn't.. but I didn't see his (I did stop..) but was snowing hard, the guy didn't have lights on... anyway COP show up... give me a ticket

2. Doing 85 in 55 zone because I was late for an exam... cop pull me over... got a ticket for speeding and not carrying a license (was really late for exam.. forgot my wallet)

3. Driving in the car pool land cuz I am late for work.. got a ticket for illegal turning, driving in the car cool lane, and no front license plate..

4. Got pull over for doing everything legal... Got a ticket for not wearing seat belt...

Got pull over 4 times.. each time I was polite, have everything ready for him... no luck for me....