General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Mp3 CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 12:31 PM
MikeeZ

Mp3 CD Changer

Hey guys,
New to the forum.. Did a search, found a thread, but only one mention of a new Sony DVD/CD Changer. I don't need DVD, but I'd like a cd changer that connects to the bose head unit and supports mp3? Such an animal exist?

I have a 97 GLE, all options with the bose setup. I don't really feel like ripping the whole bose setup out (I did this on my 300zx)..

My max is my daily driver. I'm getting close to the end of building up my weekend warrior, a ~600+ bhp 300ZX twin turbo.

Thanks in advance.

MikeeZ

Old 05-23-2002, 04:08 PM

Re: Mp3 CD Changer

Originally posted by MikeeZ
Hey guys,
New to the forum.. Did a search, found a thread, but only one mention of a new Sony DVD/CD Changer. I don't need DVD, but I'd like a cd changer that connects to the bose head unit and supports mp3? Such an animal exist?

I have a 97 GLE, all options with the bose setup. I don't really feel like ripping the whole bose setup out (I did this on my 300zx)..

My max is my daily driver. I'm getting close to the end of building up my weekend warrior, a ~600+ bhp 300ZX twin turbo.

Thanks in advance.

MikeeZ
there is such a thing as an mp3 changer. look at crutchfield. its a changer thats about 6" x 6", and uses postage-sized cards to hold the mp3s.
Old 05-23-2002, 05:03 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

MikeeZ
kenwood
Old 05-23-2002, 05:31 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

MikeeZ
Neo Car Jukebox MP3 Player
Old 05-25-2002, 01:33 AM

I am driving a '97 SE with Bose system also, and I was looking for the same thing. As far as I know, most of the after market (Alpine, Kenwoood, Sony) changers won't work with Bose.

So I think we have two options:

1. get a FM module type changers, ~$300
2. get a juke box 20 gig @ $200 at EBay. then buy a car kit from Radio Shack.

So far, I think option 2 is better.

Hey guys,

Old 05-25-2002, 08:51 AM

Re: Re: Mp3 CD Changer

Originally posted by SunMax
I am driving a '97 SE with Bose system also, and I was looking for the same thing. As far as I know, most of the after market (Alpine, Kenwoood, Sony) changers won't work with Bose.

So I think we have two options:

1. get a FM module type changers, ~$300
2. get a juke box 20 gig @ $200 at EBay. then buy a car kit from Radio Shack.

So far, I think option 2 is better.

Changer that play mp3's are a waste. I have the 40 gig mp3 system in my car. Have had it for over a year. Come to think of it i may be the only one on the board with a serious mp3 system. All i can say is nice. No cd to deal with. Who the hell wants to burn their collection to mp3 cd's. Whats the point? I have over 3000 songs on my player, plus a backup of my pc on it to. Soon to put a sleave in the wife's car to be able to swap easily between cars.
Old 05-25-2002, 10:00 AM

Re: Re: Re: Mp3 CD Changer

Do you update new songs? How is your setup look like?

Originally posted by webboy

Changer that play mp3's are a waste. I have the 40 gig mp3 system in my car. Have had it for over a year. Come to think of it i may be the only one on the board with a serious mp3 system. All i can say is nice. No cd to deal with. Who the hell wants to burn their collection to mp3 cd's. Whats the point? I have over 3000 songs on my player, plus a backup of my pc on it to. Soon to put a sleave in the wife's car to be able to swap easily between cars.
Old 05-25-2002, 10:44 AM
lcf

i wish the remote were large and i could see MORE files at the same time. makes it easier to scroll, find track, etc.

but this stuff is definitely on my want list.

Old 05-25-2002, 05:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Mp3 CD Changer

Originally posted by webboy

yeah any pics of your system, i think im actually gonna go with the new alpine unit.
Old 05-25-2002, 05:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mp3 CD Changer

Originally posted by Mad Dhan

yeah any pics of your system, i think im actually gonna go with the new alpine unit.
Ill post pics tomorrow to dark now..

I update songs threw mp pc it slips in like a removable harddrive.

The remote (not the faceplate) is way to small ive lost it. Scrolling threw the songs on the faceplate is easy.