General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

SHE'S BAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK - deer beware

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 01:44 PM

SHE'S BAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK - deer beware

Finally! After 5 weeks of waiting and $11,835 I got my car back from the body shop.

It was done almost 2 weeks ago but they were waiting on a back-ordered passenger side seatbelt (which still hasnt come in, BTW) i got sick of waiting so i told them i'd take the car now and to call me when the seatbelt comes in.

everything seems to be fine except for the seatbelt which in turn is causing the airbag light on my dash to flash. also, they forgot to repaint my grill black. they told me to bring it in whenever i wanted and they'd do it for me but im still debating on whether i want to paint it back or leave it the stock "titanium" color.

the estimate was $9,700 but the total came out to be $11,835.41 - insurance took the tab.

apparently they got 2 new HID headlights but didnt give me the old ones like i had requested

so i am as happy as i can be right now. on question for you all: should i re-paint my grill body color or leave it the stock color?

i made the 2 hour drive home from school just to pick the car up and i am heading back in a few minutes. this is the same route i was driving when i hit the deer back in april. my fingers are crossed.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

how about sticking those deer whistle things on your front end? it looks tacky..but i'm sure your insurance company would appreciate it.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:20 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: SHE'S BAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK - deer beware

Originally posted by Newman
my fingers are crossed.
I'm sure the deer has his hooves crossed as well as to not get clobbered again! glad you got your ride back!
Old 05-30-2002, 02:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by DanNY
how about sticking those deer whistle things on your front end? it looks tacky..but i'm sure your insurance company would appreciate it.
To be honest, I've used those things on my truck and deer didn't seem to move away from the road (RT 15 in CT) when I approached them. It makes a whistling noise but I don't think it works.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:47 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

wow and i thought my bill was bad, these 2k2's are a lot to fix, glad to hear it came out ok.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by deezo
To be honest, I've used those things on my truck and deer didn't seem to move away from the road (RT 15 in CT) when I approached them. It makes a whislting noise but I don't think it works.
I have been told the samething by numerous people. I heard on a few occations that the whistle even attracks the deer towards the car b/c it catches their attention and they want to see what it is.

BTW-I am sorry to hear about you hitting the deer. Since i sold my S4 over 2 weeks ago, I have been driving the Max and i hit a deer @ 75mph last weekend (If your wondering, the WRX is being picked up tomorrow). Pretty much 2 deer ran across the highway and i avoided the first one and almost missed the 2nd deer and clipped it. The deer flipped over my car and caused about $4K in damage, so I know how you feel man.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:52 PM

Fark,

Glad there's no deer where I live

Newman, personally I like the titanium on my grill, but that's cause it sorta matches my color.. on the other hand, GET THOSE HID's BACK FROM THEM!!
Old 05-30-2002, 03:22 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Chinkzilla
Fark,

Glad there's no deer where I live

Newman, personally I like the titanium on my grill, but that's cause it sorta matches my color.. on the other hand, GET THOSE HID's BACK FROM THEM!!
ya i got my hid's and newman go black. i love how mine looks MB. and MB is almost black.
Old 05-30-2002, 03:22 PM

Newman,

Glad to hear you got the car back. I think you should repaint the grille black. I liked the black grille on your car. It looked nice.

Also, as previously stated, go get the HIDs back!

-Nick
Old 05-30-2002, 03:39 PM

Glad to hear you got the car back ...and go black!
Old 05-30-2002, 05:45 PM

Your bill's so high because of the HIDs and the airbags. Not cheap

Paint it black, and get those old HID's back ... I want the ballasts & igniter
Old 05-30-2002, 07:10 PM

Originally posted by pocketrocket
Your bill's so high because of the HIDs and the airbags. Not cheap

Paint it black, and get those old HID's back ... I want the ballasts & igniter

im almost over my minutes on my cell phone from calling the body shop so much in the last 2 weeks. looks like im going to be calling tomorrow about the HIDs.

i think i had come to the conclusion that i was NOT going to paint my grill again but not a single one of you agrees with me on that one. i may have to go ahead and do it then.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:19 AM

Finally! After 5 weeks of waiting and $11,835 I got my car back from the body shop.

It was done almost 2 weeks ago but they were waiting on a back-ordered passenger side seatbelt (which still hasnt come in, BTW) i got sick of waiting so i told them i'd take the car now and to call me when the seatbelt comes in.

everything seems to be fine except for the seatbelt which in turn is causing the airbag light on my dash to flash. also, they forgot to repaint my grill black. they told me to bring it in whenever i wanted and they'd do it for me but im still debating on whether i want to paint it back or leave it the stock "titanium" color.

the estimate was $9,700 but the total came out to be $11,835.41 - insurance took the tab.

apparently they got 2 new HID headlights but didnt give me the old ones like i had requested

so i am as happy as i can be right now. on question for you all: should i re-paint my grill body color or leave it the stock color?

i made the 2 hour drive home from school just to pick the car up and i am heading back in a few minutes. this is the same route i was driving when i hit the deer back in april. my fingers are crossed.
damn I wish my car owuld get ripped for 11,000 in damage cause then I would tell em to total it out and get a 2K2 hehe. glad ya got yer baby back
Old 05-31-2002, 02:33 AM

You know what they say...."once you go black, you never go back."

Old 05-31-2002, 06:53 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

ummm ok...guess that's not a good idea.

just drive w/ a shot gun out the window..
Old 05-31-2002, 07:07 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

...and get those old HID's back...
I'm pretty sure that the insurnace company has every right to keep all parts that they replaced, and they typicall do. I asked about my wheels that they were going to replace in my last accident (they ended up refinishing them) and they said that they keep, fix and sell all parts that they can that they replace.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:57 AM

newman, paint that grill black... it looks good, the people at the nissan body shop that painted my grill and body kit said that it looks much better painted than left that titanium color.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by ejj5875

I'm pretty sure that the insurnace company has every right to keep all parts that they replaced, and they typicall do. I asked about my wheels that they were going to replace in my last accident (they ended up refinishing them) and they said that they keep, fix and sell all parts that they can that they replace.

a friend of mine told me this story last night about her boyfriend:

in a nut shell she said he totaled his car and insurance gave him $ for it. a little while later he was playing around with carfax and put the VIN to his totaled car in and found that after he totaled it, it was fixed and then sold. turns out he was entitled to the $ made from the sale of the car since he was technically still the owner of the car. (insurance didnt buy the car from him, they just gave him what he supposedly lost due to the accident)

technically i still own the broken HIDs, i think. so they don't have the right to do anything with them. im calling the body shop now.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:17 AM

technically i still own the broken HIDs, i think. so they don't have the right to do anything with them. im calling the body shop now.
Does that mean I'm getting free ballasts & igniters?
Old 05-31-2002, 10:01 AM

Does that mean I'm getting free ballasts & igniters?
if by "free" you mean "ill pay for them" then maybe
Old 05-31-2002, 10:58 AM

okay, so i just talked to the body shop. that seatbelt ive been waiting on came in today (of course it comes in the day after i drove 2 hours to pick the car up)

and about the headlights. he said "ill go check on the headlights and we'll have them for you when you come back next week to have the seatbelt installed."

he didnt guarantee me anything so im not sure he's going to come through for me.
Old 05-31-2002, 02:18 PM

okay, so i just talked to the body shop. that seatbelt ive been waiting on came in today (of course it comes in the day after i drove 2 hours to pick the car up)

and about the headlights. he said "ill go check on the headlights and we'll have them for you when you come back next week to have the seatbelt installed."

he didnt guarantee me anything so im not sure he's going to come through for me.
Hey Ryan, Im gonna try to make your signature come true ASAP!!
Old 05-31-2002, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by jhans114

Hey Ryan, Im gonna try to make your signature come true ASAP!!
woohoo
Old 05-31-2002, 06:04 PM

if by "free" you mean "ill pay for them" then maybe
Hehehe, it was worth a shot

l8r
Old 05-31-2002, 06:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

better hit another deer, although the wait sucks, its the way to get a free carbon fiber hood
MrGone
Old 05-31-2002, 06:46 PM

Hehehe, it was worth a shot

l8r
ARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! This is the second post where I've noticed my sig pic is missing