General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Ticket woes :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 11:48 AM

Ticket woes :(

arrite guys, i know its been on this board a hundred times, but i still cant find what i am looking for, or should that be needing

driving back from grandma's house (literally) (an 11-13 hour trip) i was pulled over in bumfuc.... kentucky. morehead kentucky, doing 89 in a 65, admittably, i knew i was speeding, but seeing as there was noone for me to run in to, on this long, clear, dry, interstate (64) i figured that 95, was about a fine speed, and it was as fast as my cruise controll will go :?

so the cop pulls me over, rags me about not having my registration card with me, i explain to him how i have 400 other froms of id in the car, and tell him every detail about the car so he knows damn well it isnt stolen, i also tell him i have to pee. (which was true)

he leaves for about 5 minutes, comes back to get my vin number, (which i quoted the first 3 off for him)
leaves, comes back another 5 minutes, ( i reallly have to **** now) and explains how his radio isnt working this far out, if i could follow him in, i tell him to just take me to the nearest resttop so i can use the restroom.

after following him in for around 8 miles, and traffic backing up behind his SLOW ***, he pulls in to a gas n go or some ****, i wait for a few minutes, and finally he tells me to go ahead and use the restroom.

after relieveing my self, i returned, and waited, for another 5 minutes (if you added all these 5 minutes up it took almost half an hour to go 8 miles and get a ticket) he returnes with a ticket, sais i can pay the fine (noted on the back) and mail it in, say thank you and he leaves

i read it over for a few minutes, unable to find the fine written anywhere i was pretty unhappy, and that the courtdate was so close sucked too.

so for all that story, my question to you is, 89 in a 65, i need it dropped, ... completely, how can i do it, my spedometer wasnt off, but i thought i might make it be off, any other idea's, i simply cant afford the insurance increase (and yes i have slowed down) and i cant afford the 175 dollar ticket (which i found out later), it doesnt matter to me how i get the ticket dismissed, but i must do it, ANY idea's PLEASE!!!! help me, my court date is the 10th, and it is unchangeable unless i go down there (around 4 hours drive)

again, ANY BODY with an idea PLEASE POST, i absolutely, MUST get this dropped

(and please, refrain from the if you cant do the time crap, i am already under enough stress, between a job taht pays me 6 dols an hour, the slowly mounting debt, and traffic tickets, i am at the end of my rope)
Old 06-05-2002, 11:51 AM
I'm needing a caw

Hire a lawyer.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:00 PM

heres what u do, u get ur court date n go to traffic court that day (no lawyer needed) and u take the deal that they usually give you b4 the judge comes out, this may be a slightly higher amount of $ than ur ticket, but the deal is that if u pay it now w/out goin thru trial, they will take off the points and ur ins co. will never even know about them; if you can, just make sure if ur place gives out these deals b4 the hearing, usually they do b/c all they care about is gettin ur $
worked wonders for me b/c my 3 points are gone
Old 06-05-2002, 12:04 PM
lcf

Originally posted by maxichic
heres what u do, u get ur court date n go to traffic court that day (no lawyer needed) and u take the deal that they usually give you b4 the judge comes out, this may be a slightly higher amount of $ than ur ticket, but the deal is that if u pay it now w/out goin thru trial, they will take off the points and ur ins co. will never even know about them; if you can, just make sure if ur place gives out these deals b4 the hearing, usually they do b/c all they care about is gettin ur $
worked wonders for me b/c my 3 points are gone
what she says works... but not all the time.

if i knew i could not afford to get another point on my license and i received another ticket i would retain an attorney.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:44 PM

well at least you guys dont have what the wonderful state of CT has if you get more then 2 moving voilations you gotta take driver re-training. I got a speeding ticket for about $300 which was a few months ago, went to court without a lawyer and got away with a $50 fine but the bad part is that I have to take this driver re-training course again which is 5 boring hours or sitting and talking with an instructor and other people in the class.

Jay
Old 06-05-2002, 12:47 PM
lcf

Originally posted by nymjayjay
well at least you guys dont have what the wonderful state of CT has if you get more then 2 moving voilations you gotta take driver re-training. I got a speeding ticket for about $300 which was a few months ago, went to court without a lawyer and got away with a $50 fine but the bad part is that I have to take this driver re-training course again which is 5 boring hours or sitting and talking with an instructor and other people in the class.

Jay
illinois is crazy tough on drivers under 21. two years ago my girlfriend got her licence suspended for 6 months. in illinois, if an individual receives 2+ speeding tickets in the same year and they are under 21 its a 6mo suspension. btw, both of the tickets my girlfriend got was while she was driving my car.

Old 06-05-2002, 12:50 PM

pfft, i would take 5 hours anyday

i have to drive 4 hours each way, just to go to ct, plus hotel stay,

chris
Old 06-05-2002, 01:06 PM
I'm so hood

There's always the infamous out-of-state method you could try if you're all out of ideas...

where you send the check in for the ticket and write it for $25 over the amount of the fine...then the theory goes that they send you a check back or something for the amount over, and if you do nothing about it, it's supposed to never actually get processed all the way. Bad news is you pay for the ticket, good news is insurance won't go up.

But it works, and it doesnt work from what I've heard. There's no way to be sure to get a ticket off your record - if there was, don't you think everyone would do it? I'd check Kentucky traffic laws and see if they have a program for keeping points off your license - here in nebraska, there's two different classes you can take, one for more severe offenses like 20+ speeding, wreckless driving, etc...you can only take that one once in your lifetime though...heh...I broke that rule, pleaded with the judge (even brought my pops to stand by me!) and she sent me back on court order. You can try begging like that, it tends to work best with an attorney present...
Old 06-05-2002, 06:34 PM

bumfuc.... kentucky
I live in ky and I find that comment offensive and stereotypical. I live in Louisville which is a very respectable city!
Old 06-05-2002, 06:37 PM
lcf

Originally posted by blizz20oma
There's always the infamous out-of-state method you could try if you're all out of ideas...

where you send the check in for the ticket and write it for $25 over the amount of the fine...then the theory goes that they send you a check back or something for the amount over, and if you do nothing about it, it's supposed to never actually get processed all the way. Bad news is you pay for the ticket, good news is insurance won't go up.

But it works, and it doesnt work from what I've heard. There's no way to be sure to get a ticket off your record - if there was, don't you think everyone would do it? I'd check Kentucky traffic laws and see if they have a program for keeping points off your license - here in nebraska, there's two different classes you can take, one for more severe offenses like 20+ speeding, wreckless driving, etc...you can only take that one once in your lifetime though...heh...I broke that rule, pleaded with the judge (even brought my pops to stand by me!) and she sent me back on court order. You can try begging like that, it tends to work best with an attorney present...
http://www.snopes2.com/autos/law/ticket.htm
Old 06-05-2002, 06:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Jay

You are going to have a blast Jay,

It is 5 hours of some boring monotone guy talking about how speedxing is bad
Old 06-05-2002, 06:52 PM
I need a truck

or you can just pay the ticket and have your license suspended like mine
Old 06-05-2002, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by maxima42

You are going to have a blast Jay,

It is 5 hours of some boring monotone guy talking about how speedxing is bad

close man but no cigar, its some broad talking for 5 hours
Old 06-05-2002, 10:39 PM

there is nothign inheritnly wrong with kentucky, just the fact that where i got pulled at, was truly, bumfuc... like i said, he had to get closer just to radio me in !

thanks guy's, some of you were of help, others were funny, and still others, were sad
Old 06-06-2002, 04:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

close man but no cigar, its some broad talking for 5 hours
I had some old guy when I went last time in bridgeport.
Old 06-06-2002, 06:05 AM

Originally posted by maxima42

I had some old guy when I went last time in bridgeport.

I went to airway in shelton in a small little classroom with about 30 people. it sucked!!!!! I gotta go again coming up soon cause I got a speeding ticket a few months back

Jay
Old 06-06-2002, 10:36 AM
I'm so hood

I went to airway in shelton in a small little classroom with about 30 people. it sucked!!!!! I gotta go again coming up soon cause I got a speeding ticket a few months back
hehe...the worst part about those classes here is...
like I said before, you're only supposed to take the 8hr one once a lifetime here, but I did twice...with about two years separating the instances..

and the class was the EXACT same. Different teacher, but 100% same content/gruesome videos, down to the farkin jokes and stories the officers told! (And some of them were off-topic jokes/stories, like some dude getting busted for smoking a joint in the bathroom of the place during the lunch break portion!)

so the second time around I knew all the answers and everything going on in the class. They thought I was just on-the-ball and happy to be reformed