General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

cruisin

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 09:43 PM

drivin a bit too fast

Getting back to my previous post before I was so rudley interupted, can someone give me some names and models of good radar detectors that do not chime for alarms, door openers, traffic, etc, and do not have an automated voice on them. Any opinions would be appreciated. Oh and I am getting one, so i don't need anyone trying to talk me out of it or anything, personal preference is personal preference. Thanks
Old 07-08-2002, 10:25 PM

Re: cruisin

Originally posted by Brendan
Getting back to my previous post before I was so rudley interupted, can someone give me some names and models of good radar detectors that do not chime for alarms, door openers, traffic, etc, and do not have an automated voice on them. Any opinions would be appreciated. Oh and I am getting one, so i don't need anyone trying to talk me out of it or anything, personal preference is personal preference. Thanks
Passport 7500 is what I have and its saved me on numerous occasions.

It has a function (that probably most detectors have) where you can cut off the X-band. Most alarms are X-band and no PD has X-band anymore. Some alarms are K-band though, but it not very frequent.

But pretty soon they are going to use a new technology where they can catch you by measured distance. You know those cool yellow fieldmarkers(LOS and 1st down) they use on football games now? Well cops are going to start using that same priciple to catch us. And it will be undetectable.

If your like me and you drive at least 10 miles over the speed limit, your gonna have to deal with paying for a couple of tickets(I
ve had 5 in this car).
Old 07-08-2002, 11:36 PM

Re: Re: cruisin

Originally posted by Iron Lung

Passport 7500 is what I have and its saved me on numerous occasions.

It has a function (that probably most detectors have) where you can cut off the X-band. Most alarms are X-band and no PD has X-band anymore. Some alarms are K-band though, but it not very frequent.

But pretty soon they are going to use a new technology where they can catch you by measured distance. You know those cool yellow fieldmarkers(LOS and 1st down) they use on football games now? Well cops are going to start using that same priciple to catch us. And it will be undetectable.

If your like me and you drive at least 10 miles over the speed limit, your gonna have to deal with paying for a couple of tickets(I
ve had 5 in this car).

Excellent man, thank you very much, can you tell me more about these markers, i'm a bit scared so far. I have never gotton a ticket(knock on wood) and i cannot fathom how or why I have been this lucky. I have been pulled over once by 3 cops, but only recieved a verbal warning, however I know its most likely inevitable. Thanks again man. Sweet ride
Old 07-09-2002, 11:22 AM
It's chrome alright...

another site for info

http://www.epinions.com/elec-Car_Ste..._Detectors-All

Many only have one or two reviews, but they're (supposedly) written by people who own the product. You can search by price or manufacturer.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:56 PM

Re: another site for info

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
http://www.epinions.com/elec-Car_Ste..._Detectors-All

Many only have one or two reviews, but they're (supposedly) written by people who own the product. You can search by price or manufacturer.
Excellent, thanks for the help guys. I'm pretty sure I am going to get a cobra.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:00 PM

Cop Radar

I got the next best thing to radar detectors. Cop Radar!! LOL seriously though, I swear I do, ask my friends. I don't know why or how but I just seem to automatically slow down like seconds before the po-pos come around the corner. Drive like hell on wheels, even been called in on for ebrake turns and burnouts, get stare downs from the cops, Never Been Stoped, 3 years and running. My single greatest accomplishment!