Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

You asked for it...Leather shift and ebrake boot

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 07:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: You asked for it...Leather shift and ebrake boot

Originally posted by DanNY
Italian leather shift boot and ebrake boot
This GD is for 4th gen Shifter boot and Ebrake boot only.
Do not ask to buy them separate because the shifter boot won't match the ebrake and you'll have a mismatch interior.
**3rd gen and 5th gen GD will be coming soon and in a separate GD**

****READ CAREFULLY****
if you need me to explain something..ASK!

All prices includes shipping.

These products retail at $60 shipped for a set of boots (shifter and ebrake)

-Group deal will start at $55 shipped for the set.

-Price will drop down to $50 once we have 20 confirmed people.

-Price will drop down to $45 if we have 40 or more confirmed people.

The choice of color leather will be black, burgundy, tan..and for you pimps out there, there's white. i believe there's a slight delay with colors other than black and white...but i'll double check.

The choice of color thread/stitching is available below:
- black (AKA OEM or stock): #03
- red (AKA Jspec - a perfect fit for the Japanese OEM red stitched shifter ****): #60 Bright Cardinal Red
- white: #02
- yellow: #67
- light gray: #81 Titanium
- dark gray: #80 Graphite
- light blue: #31 Ocean Blue
- dark blue: #32 Azure Blue
- silver: #07
- light green: #69 Apple Green
- dark green: #61 Kelly Green

also you can choose from this color chart (not an exact match to what you see but it gives you an idea what you're getting)
http://boots.hypermart.net/grafika/colorchart.gif

This GD will run for 2 weeks (until April 14th). Once the GD is over the price will go back up to $60

Instructions on how to install the boots...(piece of cake right?)
http://www.sprintmax.com/tails/shiftboot.htm
http://boots.hypermart.net/MaximaA32install.htm

Contact info:
either PM me or email shadysport@yahoo.com
in the text state the following:
-Org name
-Real name
-Mailing Address
-Your email address(if you're PMing me)
-color of leather
-color of stitching (include the # next to the color to help us get u the color u want)
Incomplete info will result in delay...please please verify that you have all necesary info to me.

I need people who are "IN" on this. I can't have 30 "interested" or "maybe" people and all of them drop out at the end. That's not fair to the people who are in this deal for real.

Delivery:
If we reach 40 people prior to the 2 weeks then the price will be set at $45 and orders will be going in and payment will be due.
Emails will be sent out at the close of the 2 weeks to all interested parties on final price. At that point payment will be due and orders will be put in. Delivery will be on a first come first ship basis.

Payment method:
Paypal is the preferred method of payment. paypal address will be given once the final price has been set on the GD.

I will update this thread/post often with new info so keep looking here for updates on GD pricing.

I'm also aware of the server cut over..so if we do cut over and lose this post i'll repost the info again.

Also want to take this time to thank Maciek for getting us products for the maxima community.

I think i pretty much covered everything. Again any questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks for reading.
Dan

UPDATE1 - more "dip" in leather/added stitching option
UPDATE2 - added ebrake boot into GD
UPDATE3 - There are 20 orders...price is now $50 for the set, shipped!
UPDATE4 - GD extended for 2 more days!! 4/16
Old 05-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: You asked for it...Leather shift and ebrake boot

i was wondering if the GD was still on for the Leather shift and ebrake boot?

if not i would like to purchace it even if it is not.

how much would that cost?

what are my paying options?

how much do they resemble the factory Leather shift and ebrake boot?

Old 05-11-2003, 07:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

go to boots.hypermart.net

it explains it there..

also, the leather in this GD/website is MUCH MUCH better then the factory boots imo
Old 05-16-2003, 10:36 AM

Hello all,

I just received my leather Ebrake and shift boots. Could someone who glued the ring back with JB Weld tell me if the "but" joined the two end or they gleud them side by side? How much JB Weld did they used? I am new at that product, and I want to make sure I don't glue the leather on the ring The instruction only says to use JB weld not how. Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Stephane
Old 05-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by tweaked
Hello all,

I just received my leather Ebrake and shift boots. Could someone who glued the ring back with JB Weld tell me if the "but" joined the two end or they gleud them side by side? How much JB Weld did they used? I am new at that product, and I want to make sure I don't glue the leather on the ring The instruction only says to use JB weld not how. Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Stephane
use a tiny bit on the part where you cut. it's butts up together...no over lap.

it's not a critical area..you can prob get away with a little hot glue or maybe even crazy glue.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: You asked for it...Leather shift and ebrake boot

Originally posted by tonitone927
i was wondering if the GD was still on for the Leather shift and ebrake boot?

if not i would like to purchace it even if it is not.

how much would that cost?

what are my paying options?

how much do they resemble the factory Leather shift and ebrake boot?

sorry..group deal has ended.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:23 AM

hey danny u get ur ebrake boot from me yet?
Old 05-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

problems

Hello,

Can anyone host 2 pictures for me? They're 1024x768 but I can also resize if necessary.

My black leather boot arrived and it feels and smells great, but there are tiny "cuts" in 5-7 various places. Dunno if this is an accident, but it's not acceptable to me for quality leather.

Also, my brown ebrake boot does NOT match at all with my interior. I also have a picture clearly showing that.

thanks...

Chris
Old 05-17-2003, 08:31 PM

Re: problems

Originally posted by TurDz
Hello,

Can anyone host 2 pictures for me? They're 1024x768 but I can also resize if necessary.

My black leather boot arrived and it feels and smells great, but there are tiny "cuts" in 5-7 various places. Dunno if this is an accident, but it's not acceptable to me for quality leather.

Also, my brown ebrake boot does NOT match at all with my interior. I also have a picture clearly showing that.

thanks...

Chris
I can host them if you want. either email me or when you see me on aim. orionxx64@yahoo.com
Old 05-17-2003, 09:35 PM

any idea for when the group deal for the 5th gens comin up?
Old 05-18-2003, 08:28 AM

Hello,

thanks...

Chris
Can't you host the Pics on your cardomain page? The only 'cuts' on my shift boot are around the bottom where the rod goes in, I assume they are there to make it easier to out the rod in.

My e-brake boot also does not come even close to matching the console . The only reason I ordered an ebrake boot was because it was supposed to match the console. I understand leather is a natural product so it might not be exact, but this is not even close. The console matches the stock ebrake boot almost exactly.

EDIT - In case the colors didn't come out right, thestock boot/console is a brown/tan/olive color and the boot I got is an orange/brown
Old 05-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Banned

hey danny whats up with the brown e-brake boots it doesn't even come close its more of liek a redskin????i didn't install it yet.casue it doens't match my center console bro.im i the only one here that got that? the shift is great.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:04 PM

Im in the process of hosting the pics for TurDz and yes, the brown ebrake doesnt even come close to matching. cardomain seems to be haywire right now so im trying another host.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Guys,

the problem with the ebrake boot's leather not matching your consoles is because I matched it to a picture I had of the interior, not against the actual leather (because we couldn't get anybody to send one to us to use as a sample).

When we get a sample, I'll try to find matching leather. If it's not possible to match it right, I can get you black ebrake boots. We'll keep you posted.

Personally, I think that leather is fabulous. I understand now it's not the same color as the console, but it will fade a bit in time. I really like it as a color though, so to those of you who also like it as a color, I suggest this - try to install it and drive around with them for a while. You might get to like them!

Maciek
Old 05-18-2003, 01:18 PM

Hosted for TurDz
http://www.dtmpower.net/ppost2/data/...bootsm-med.jpg
had to use link because its a large file size
Old 05-18-2003, 01:21 PM

(Hosted for TurDz)
unmatching ebrake boot
Old 05-18-2003, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by Keepsake300ZX
Guys,

the problem with the ebrake boot's leather not matching your consoles is because I matched it to a picture I had of the interior, not against the actual leather (because we couldn't get anybody to send one to us to use as a sample).

When we get a sample, I'll try to find matching leather. If it's not possible to match it right, I can get you black ebrake boots. We'll keep you posted.

Personally, I think that leather is fabulous. I understand now it's not the same color as the console, but it will fade a bit in time. I really like it as a color though, so to those of you who also like it as a color, I suggest this - try to install it and drive around with them for a while. You might get to like them!

Maciek
I dont understand when you said you couldnt get someone to send a sample when I myself offered to send out my stock boot as I stated early in this thread.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Nismo
I dont understand when you said you couldnt get someone to send a sample when I myself offered to send out my stock boot as I stated early in this thread.
This thread has 12 pages already. There was a lot of discussion about different aspects of the GD going on at the same time. I must have missed your offer.

Plus, in my defense, please understand that ALL the time we've been talking about a BROWN ebrake boot. How come eveybody's compaining now, while NOBODY mentioned anything about the boot not being, in fact, brown. The center console in the pics is not brown, if you ask me. It's kind of grayish. Maybe it's my laptop's LCD display, but that's what it looks like to me. The picture I had used to match it looked different.

Guys, please give me a break. I understand this is a problem, I do apologize for the slip-up and I promise I will come up with something to make good to all of those who don't like the color they have received, but I need some time to make that happen. Thank you for your understanding. I WILL be in touch.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Also, I'd like to add that whatever happens, I will not mind if you install and use the current brown boots - if it comes to a return and a refund, I will accept them used. Please, go ahead and install them, you might like them. I think it's a great color, personally and if you have an interior with a few different shades of brown in it already (seats, woodlike trims, etc.) it won't look out of place.
Old 05-18-2003, 02:10 PM

Guys, please give me a break. I understand this is a problem, I do apologize for the slip-up and I promise I will come up with something to make good to all of those who don't like the color they have received, but I need some time to make that happen. Thank you for your understanding. I WILL be in touch.
I understand the confusion and everything and I respect you for comming here helping your customers and accepting mistakes.
Old 05-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Banned

well not 2 be a **** if u can't match the stock leather e-brake boot. can i just get a money back.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:27 PM

This thread has 12 pages already. There was a lot of discussion about different aspects of the GD going on at the same time. I must have missed your offer.

Plus, in my defense, please understand that ALL the time we've been talking about a BROWN ebrake boot. How come eveybody's compaining now, while NOBODY mentioned anything about the boot not being, in fact, brown. The center console in the pics is not brown, if you ask me. It's kind of grayish. Maybe it's my laptop's LCD display, but that's what it looks like to me. The picture I had used to match it looked different.

---------------------------

Here is my first post, about the 5th post in this thread...
Originally posted by Anachronism

My Max has a Black shift boot and Tan ebrake boot stock so I wouldn't have to worry about the colors not matching. Can I get the same combo through this group deal (black shift boot/tan ebrake boot)? Will the tan match my interior like the stock boot?
And about ten posts down (funny thats exactly how I described the color).
Originally posted by Requin6

yes i too would like to know if you can get a tan/olive/brownish e-brake boot and black shifter boot. give the tan interior guys some love!

--Paul
And endus was also worried about the color matching...
Originally posted by endus
I'm another poor tan-interiored sucker who is interested (but NOT in yet). My boots are getting ghettoed and I'd like to replace them but the color of the brown is important....keep us updated on the tan color thing...
And me again ...
Originally posted by Anachronism

I was hopeing we could get the $45 price but if we can get the brown e-brake boot to match the center console fairly close I will be in. I think I will post in the old thead so anyone who has email notification on can learn about the new GD. Jepht20 found this pic of soon2bmaxed's interior for me. Errr.. I'm holding out for brown.
And I also offered to give up my ebrake boot to match it but that was near the end of page one (I have more posts per page than you though). I think everyone wanted a boot to match the console but ended up calling it 'brown' because it was easier than saying Tan/olive/brown. But I do understand mistakes happen and it sounds like you are going to make things right for us and that is the important thing. Maybe I will install it and see if it grows on me. The quality of the ebrake boot is great and I would love to have one that matches.
Old 05-18-2003, 05:25 PM

I also know how you must feel about this mixup...

So to get this clear, someone sent you a sample and the brown color you sent us was the matchup to that? I remember Anachronism had a pic of his interior very early on and it matched mine exactly. Once I heard from DanNY that you found a great match, I didn't hesitate to order one for myself.

In the meantime I will be patient. BTW, can you address my earlier post (& pic) on the "cuts" on my black leather boot??

thanks.
Old 05-18-2003, 05:27 PM

do u have a pic of the cut?
i wanna see it
Old 05-18-2003, 05:38 PM

Please give details on how to get a refund as this color will not grow on me and I dont need to install it. I really wished you guys would have posted a pic of the leather material since you previously wasnt sure if the color would match.

Side note, the quality of the boots themselves is very nice! I just wish the color matched my interior.
Old 05-18-2003, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by danimsta
do u have a pic of the cut?
i wanna see it
As mentioned in my previous post, there is ALREADY a pic of it posted by Nismo.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:07 PM

i was very excited to receive my boots in the mail...but much like everyone else i am sure, when i pulled out the ebrake boot the brown is not a remotely close match. i am willing to be patient on this one, as i am willing to exchange my redskin brown boot for a closer matching olive/brown boot. if a matching boot cannot be provided, will a refund be provided?

--Paul
Old 05-18-2003, 11:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Guys,

if I cannot get matching leather, I will accept the returns and reimburse your money. If you don't want to wait for the correct leather color, please email me at info@bestshiftboots.com about it and I will give you my address so that you can send them back.

Have a great week,
Maciek
Old 05-19-2003, 12:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Re: problems

Hi Chris,

I just saw your pics and you're right, that's not acceptable to me either (the cuts). Please send it back to me and I'll get you a proper one ASAP.

I'm sorry about this, we do our best to ensure that there are no flaws on our leather, but the reality is that with 30+ sets being shipped at the same times, mistakes can happen. I'm only human, after all.

I've sent you an email with my address so you can send this one back.

Thanks!
Maciek
Old 05-19-2003, 01:26 AM

Re: Re: problems

Hi Chris,

I just saw your pics and you're right, that's not acceptable to me either (the cuts). Please send it back to me and I'll get you a proper one ASAP.

I'm sorry about this, we do our best to ensure that there are no flaws on our leather, but the reality is that with 30+ sets being shipped at the same times, mistakes can happen. I'm only human, after all.

I've sent you an email with my address so you can send this one back.

Thanks!
Maciek
what are you going to do with it? throw it away? ill take it
Old 05-19-2003, 01:53 AM

Re: Re: Re: problems

Haha sorry, just like in the food business, if you want the correct order, you have to give the old one back. (I saw a guy have to give back a sandwich from Carls Jr because even though they messed up his order, it was "policy" heh...he begged for it but didn't get it)
Old 05-19-2003, 02:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Re: Re: Re: problems

Obviously I only need it because I need to show it to the shop who makes them for me to get a free one in exchange. If they let me keep it, you can have it as a spare if you pay for shipping it back to you.

Maybe more of you guys will be interested, I'll throw it on eBay then... J/K, it's yours if they give it back to me.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Re: Re: Re: Re: problems

Haha sorry, just like in the food business, if you want the correct order, you have to give the old one back. (I saw a guy have to give back a sandwich from Carls Jr because even though they messed up his order, it was "policy" heh...he begged for it but didn't get it)
Carls Jr isn't that the place owner by a guy who's high up in the KKK? That's a story I heard about it and that's why none of my friends in LA go there. Wonder if it's true or hearsay.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Requin6
just snapped this one off...

--Paul
Guys,

this is the picture I tried to match. I assumed the actual color is brighter in color than the one pictured, because the boot and the center console is in shade.

Anyway, like I said before:

1. As soon as I get an actual boot I'll tell you if I can match the leather properly. If I can, a correct color boot will be provided at no cost to you.

2. If I cannot find a better matching leather, I can offer you a black ebrake boot anytime (even today if you want one).

3. If none of these suit you and you want a reimbursement:
- if you want to keep your shift boot, you can keep the ebrake boot also and I will reimburse you the difference.
- if you want to return both items, please email me and I'll give you the address you can send them back to.

Thank you!
Maciek
Old 05-19-2003, 03:58 AM

Maciek, it's great to know that you are willing to make things right. Mistakes happen but how the vendor handles them is the important thing

Do you have somebody sending you an actual boot to match? I think the pic below shows the color pretty well but I think you would be better off useing an actual boot. I am willing to send you mine if you want it. As others have said the color is kind of an olive/tan/brown.

Old 05-19-2003, 04:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey,

thank you. I appreciate that you can look past the mistake and see the will to fix it! I hope all the others affected will grant me the same courtesy.

I think DanNY is having somebody mail me an old boot, but I'm not sure because I cannot reach him... If you'd really be able to send it to me, I'd love that... Can you email me at info@bestshiftboots.com so that I can give you my address?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
Maciek
Old 05-19-2003, 07:09 AM
Shiver me timbers.

Maciek, I have not recieved my boots yet. I was wondering if you would hold up on sending mine until the whole color thing is straightened out? Thanks, Fred.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi Fred,

sorry, they have all shipped almost 2 weeks ago, I'm sure you will receive yours in a few days.

Thank you,
Maciek
Old 05-19-2003, 08:53 AM
Shiver me timbers.

Hi Fred,

sorry, they have all shipped almost 2 weeks ago, I'm sure you will receive yours in a few days.

Thank you,
Maciek
That's fine. Just let me know when everything is straightened out and I will send you mine back for the correct one. I will not install this one and I will keep it in new condition. Thanks Maciek.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:29 PM

Im still avaliable just incase a stock boot needs to be shipped out. Just let me know

Quick Reply: You asked for it...Leather shift and ebrake boot