Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

GAUGING INTEREST for Diamond Audio Hex components

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by mrb23
yo mecca, on the list, put me down for 1 silk and 1 coax too... also, I've mailed payment to Don already. He should get it Friday or so...
sweet
Old 05-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Sports Button FTW

1 more spot guys!! and i think RAYMOND WANTS IT!!!! After this one spot is taken, please PM, email or AIM me to see if there are anymore available spots
Old 05-14-2003, 10:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by meccanoble

and the coaxials right?
Yes.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:07 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by ljl10

Yes.

no problem
Old 05-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Sports Button FTW

bump, last day and the first 10 slots are full. There are 13 left in the warehouse at the moment. If anyone wants one of the last 3 sets please contact me or post here and set yourself up for one.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:15 PM

I have backed out the group deal. Please remove my name as someone can now take my slot. Sorry for the inconvinence but I have more important things than my car that have just came to my attention. Thanks. Mike.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Sports Button FTW

i'm sad to hear this bro, i hope things go well with your new situation.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Sports Button FTW

bump, everyone that has paid or plans to pay please read the 6th topic.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:38 PM

<He means 6th topic in the first post of this thread - "WHAT TO DO AFTER YOU'VE PAID.">
Old 05-16-2003, 04:38 PM

bump, everyone that has paid or plans to pay please read the 6th topic.
I've sent Don the requested email per the 6th topic.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Sports Button FTW

I've sent Don the requested email per the 6th topic.
excellent, at the end of the night, this group deal is officially over. If anyone STILL wants in on this group deal, you will have to speak to Pearl96max on a one on one basis to see if he can cut you a deal or squeeze you in. Those that have paid by 12:00 have secured their spot
Old 05-21-2003, 11:00 PM

So what's the deal with this thing? Have units been shipped out already? I haven't received an email from Don or anybody since last week.

Just checkin'...thanks.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Sports Button FTW

So what's the deal with this thing? Have units been shipped out already? I haven't received an email from Don or anybody since last week.

Just checkin'...thanks.
hi, there was a limited supply of HEX and coaxials left due to the long wait of the group deal. We were hoping to end the group deal early but because no one paid in the first week (maybe 1 or 2) we extended it to the next week unsure of the status of the component and coax sets. The one's in stock have been shipped accordingly to how people paid.

there are more coming in the ware house and EVERYONE will get theirs soon but because of the long time hold on the speakers, the warehouse could not hold when the demand by other stores were so high. If you want to know if your speakers have been shipped yet, please contact Pearl96max through email @ MyPearlTPI@aol.com.

As long as you filled out topic 6 on the first post of the group deal, you'll get your set soon, just a matter of time of when you paid. Some are being shipped now and the next batch comes in on friday. This is not a dead group deal, everyone WILL get their speakers and they wont be waiting a month for them or anything.

Please contact Pearl96max for stronger details on when you'll be receiving your speakers. Thanks all.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:36 AM

hi, there was a limited supply of HEX and coaxials left due to the long wait of the group deal. We were hoping to end the group deal early but because no one paid in the first week (maybe 1 or 2) we extended it to the next week unsure of the status of the component and coax sets. The one's in stock have been shipped accordingly to how people paid.
Are you saying that less than 10 sets were in stock when the group deal ended? Is that what "limited supply" means? That goes against what you said in your first post, which was that 10 sets had “definitely” been held. Plus, I only see 10 people listed as "PAID" on your original post.

If you or Don are selling people product(s) that AREN'T in stock you or Don should at least tell people this fact and that the lead time will be longer than previously advertised because of it.

Originally posted by meccanoble If you want to know if your speakers have been shipped yet, please contact Pearl96max through email @ MyPearlTPI@aol.com.
I shouldn't have to email anybody. If I send someone $400 something dollars, I expect them to AT MINIMUM send me an email saying "We received your $$ Luke, thanks. We'll be shipping your product(s) to you on 'x' date and you'll be receiving them on 'y' date. If anything changes, we'll let you know."

I'm bothered that no attempt at doing this was made. I didn’t expect to have the speakers in my hands today, but I certainly expected someone to contact me directly concerning the status of the group deal since it seems that you guys don’t have the products in stock at this moment. All I can do is keep trusting you guys because you already have my $$ and kick myself that I didn' buy these from Anton directly who lives about 45 minutes away from me.

Old 05-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Sports Button FTW

Are you saying that less than 10 sets were in stock when the group deal ended? Is that what &quot;limited supply&quot; means? That goes against what you said in your first post, which was that 10 sets had “definitely” been held. Plus, I only see 10 people listed as &quot;PAID&quot; on your original post.

If you or Don are selling people product(s) that AREN'T in stock you or Don should at least tell people this fact and that the lead time will be longer than previously advertised because of it.

I shouldn't have to email anybody. If I send someone $400 something dollars, I expect them to AT MINIMUM send me an email saying &quot;We received your $$ Luke, thanks. We'll be shipping your product(s) to you on 'x' date and you'll be receiving them on 'y' date. If anything changes, we'll let you know.&quot;

I'm bothered that no attempt at doing this was made. I didn’t expect to have the speakers in my hands today, but I certainly expected someone to contact me directly concerning the status of the group deal since it seems that you guys don’t have the products in stock at this moment. All I can do is keep trusting you guys because you already have my $$ and kick myself that I didn' buy these from Anton directly who lives about 45 minutes away from me.

my apologies, the reason i said to contact pearl96max was because he was the one receiving the money, therefore he would have known whether he got your money or not. I am the organizer of the group deal and I am also a customer (buying a set myself, thats one of the reasons i organized this group deal). The 10 sets that were held were for that first week and when we were ready to get them from the warehouse we found out that some of them were sold. We still had some in stock, just not 10 and to be fair we had to send them out according to who paid first. Everyone will get there set and the most people will wait is a week more than the latest expected which was a week. Tomorrow the rest of the HEX and coaxials shall be coming in and will be shipped and you will receive this week. i'm to blame for giving everyone the idea taht these were in stock ready to ship once paid when in fact only a few were in stock after the group deal ended and the rest were gonna come in.

When the group deal started, we had over 10 in the warehouse and they were ready to be shipped if everyone paid the first week but it didnt happen that way and unfortunately some may wait more than a week. I do apologize for this.

As for contact, i've been in a few group deals and never was contacted if money was received, only way i knew i sent the money correctly was by asking someone or looking at the group deal thread to see if i was updated as a paid personnel. But i understand why you would like to be notified, but something as easy as checking back on the group deal can answer that question.

Once again i do not know when u sent the money in, whether u were first second, third, etc. so if u want to know when u will receive your set, please contact pearl96max. I know u paid, just dont know in what order...
Old 05-23-2003, 01:35 AM

Mecca, I appreciate your position. Two things...

Number one, I seem to be the only one that is raising an issue with you, Don, and the group deal in general. I can take this to mean one of two things...either everybody else is blind to what is (or isn't) going down, or you have a really good rep in this forum and nobody questions your tactics. You have some positive feedback on your record so I am taking that into account. It would be really nice if Don or whoever this guy is would post here and state his intentions regarding the status of this group deal. Mecca, you seem to be a middleman in this thing and I understand that...

....but the overall lack of communication bothers me. I hope I am making my point as concisely and as clearly as possible.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:03 AM

Don i know your busy as all heck, i just think you should post on here a little more just to reassure people that you are taking care of things. I totally trust you, and judging by your rating other do as well, but i mean for people that are new to dealing with you, i think reassurance is what they need! Just keep them up to date. Last they heard from you in this thread was Tuesday the 13th, which was 10 days ago. Let them know your here and that you care, because i for one know that you take care of your customers from my own personal experience with you.
-Jalal
Old 05-23-2003, 10:05 PM

Originally posted by MJ23FE
Just keep them up to date.
Amen.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Sports Button FTW

hey guys, well don's a real busy man and i'll push him to post here with the little time he has between installs and running around but i for one took the liberty of going up with don to pick up the HEX sets and coaxials and they are all in stock in his house so anyone that is local that wants to pick them up can do so, just let him know u wwant to and those of u that are long distance, he will be shipping them out soon, too bad this happened with a holiday monday, no shipping will be happening that day.

Anyway, ljl10, thanks for the positive reply. I do have positive feedback and i have held group deals, not the best i've seen around but descent one's and i make sure i now deal with people who deliver and not dead beats.

I am somewhat of a middle man but i'm also the main person running this group deal. I set it up, i put out all the info, the only thing i am or can not do is contact you guys on shipping issues because i'm not the one shipping them out. Thats the only part u need to talk to Pearl96max about. I guarantee you all 100% that you will get your sets in in due time.

P.S.-anyone that wants to have their speakers installed by Don, please contact him and make an appointment, unfortunately this gonna be a raining weekend if not more....

EDIT: i meant to send this on friday grrrr
Old 05-27-2003, 10:16 PM

Mecca, for the record I have changed my handle from ljl10 to sbslacker. Thanks for your above reply. I am looking forward to receiving my speakers.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:51 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by sbslacker
Mecca, for the record I have changed my handle from ljl10 to sbslacker. Thanks for your above reply. I am looking forward to receiving my speakers.
no prob. Oh and i have my set installed by the way. Sounds great.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:50 AM

Great. I'm glad. Has anyone received their speakers yet? Please post here if you have.....thanks.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:17 PM

still waiting

Originally posted by sbslacker
Great. I'm glad. Has anyone received their speakers yet? Please post here if you have.....thanks.

I'm still waiting!!!!! But I live in Chicago and I hope there are here by friday. Can't wait to hear them!!!!
Old 05-29-2003, 07:19 PM

I got a question? For who ever got the HEX speakers what kind of amp. is everyone getting, and how much power will it have.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:13 PM
Sports Button FTW

i'm running 400 watts
Old 05-30-2003, 10:56 PM

Hi there. I was in oon this GD but due to current events in my life I cannot afford to keep them. If anyone knows someone interested or if someone wants another set you can by mone. Don still has them and will sell to whoever paypals me the money. You can confirm with Mecca and he'll tell you I paid and that Don has my set at is install bay right now. PM or e-mail me if anyone is interested. Thanks. Mike.
Old 05-31-2003, 02:16 PM

i'm running 400 watts
Is that 400x4 watt amp. And if so what kind of amp is it?
Old 06-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by raymond3414

Is that 400x4 watt amp. And if so what kind of amp is it?
Mine is 400X2 i believe. I've been educated a little on quality of amps for inside speakers and if i'm not mistaken, the subs are ok to bridge but the inside speakers are not. I am bridging i believe but because i have crossovers, it evenly distributes the power to the speakers so i dont send bass to the tweeters for example. I think it something like that, not 100% sure.

And all speakers have been sent out for anyone worried about receiving there's.

All locals can come pick there's up from don at anytime, just let him know you want to pay a visit.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:03 AM

Has anyone received their speakers yet?
Old 06-06-2003, 12:05 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity
Has anyone received their speakers yet?
i know iansw has and a lot of locals have, all have been shipped out, a little later than expected but nonetheless shipped out, all of you should have received your speakers some time this week, i'm surprised u havent gotten yours yet but it should come in tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:28 AM

Okay, i'll be sitting by my mailbox. How were they shipped out? UPS, FedEx, USPS?
Old 06-06-2003, 08:02 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity
Okay, i'll be sitting by my mailbox. How were they shipped out? UPS, FedEx, USPS?
All Fedex except one which was shipped UPS. yours was shipped fedex
Old 06-07-2003, 05:24 AM

Thanks, got it today! Look for a positive rating in the next couple of days. You too Don...thanks again guys!!
Old 06-07-2003, 10:54 PM

Installed some of the speakers today.

It was 95 degrees here in Seattle, which is unbearable to those of us living under the clouds 9 months out of the year.....so I only got the HEX Components installed.

I did not get the crossovers installed. I'm still running these off of my Focal crossovers for now.

I thought my Focals were really good sounding. But these Diamonds literally make the Focals sound like Radio Shack speakers....

That much of a difference. I was (and still am) blown away. And the crossovers aren't even in yet!!

Leaving meccanoble and Don good feedback now.
Old 06-08-2003, 05:38 AM
Sports Button FTW

thanks guys, i'll also be leaving feedback for the swift payment u guys made
Old 06-08-2003, 06:38 PM

Again, I have a set of brand new HEX components if anyone is interested in another set. I was in on this group deal but I am looking to give these up for $350 shipped. Thanks. Mike.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:27 PM

anyone heard from Don lately? I was still waiting for my HEXs cuz the HU I wanted wasn't in stock. Just wondering what's up since I haven't heard from him lately.. thanks
Old 06-19-2003, 07:53 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by mrb23
anyone heard from Don lately? I was still waiting for my HEXs cuz the HU I wanted wasn't in stock. Just wondering what's up since I haven't heard from him lately.. thanks
hey mrb23, i spoke to don on AIM yesterday and he said he would speak to u. If you need his number its on the first post of the group deal. Also i think he hasnt shipped your speakers yet because u were waiting on a head unit and to save you shipping he was gonna ship together. I could be wrong but that seems to make sense, atleast thats what i would do. He should contact u though and if anything, u can call him up as well.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:25 AM

meccanoble: thanks for the help, but I don't see any phone numbers on the first page of posts even...