Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

GAUGING INTEREST for Diamond Audio Hex components

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 07:45 AM
Sports Button FTW

GD: Diamond Audio Hex components

Here are topics at hand:

1) What's the GD
2) Pricing arrangements
3) Who's intereted
4) GD Deadline.
5) Why to get installed professionally?
6) *IMPORTANT* what to do after you have paid!!!!
1)Whats the GD????

Pearl96max has setup a group deal on Diamond Audio's best component sets, HEX. i've heard them in both his cars (maxima and now a lincoln mark VIII) and they have incredible bass not to mention great clarity. There are two types of these components, basically the same just different look, silk vs aluminum, one is not better than the other just about preference by the user.

You can find info on these components on this page:

http://www.diamondaudio.com/MobileAu...?page=Speakers

go to HEX section and click on 600a (aluminum) or 600s (silk)

Once again fully warrantied since being sold from a dealer not to mention Diamond audio is so tight with illegal selling you rarely find any Diamond audio stuff on ebay, especially their top of the line HEX equipment.

The group deal price for the HEX components, retail for 619, pearl96max normally sells for 400 to all org members as a special price and the GROUP DEAL PRICE IS 348 dollars!

348 DOLLARS FOR THESE components

Also anyone interested can get the diamond audio coaxials to complete the system, normally 150 to org members, now 100 dollars. All of these items can be installed by Pearl96max in Edison, NJ. Please contact him for info on install, all cars are different and previous systems and the way you want this system installed can change the price of installation.

2) Pricing Arrangements

Don can take paypal @ MyPearlTPI@aol.com but if you choose to pay through paypal you MUST add 2.9% sales tax to cover paypal fee's. He also accepts cash, and money orders.

If you live in New Jersey you would also have to pay 6% tax for the item(s).

Shipping is 10 dollars for components and 15 dollars for those buying both components and coaxials. Items will be shipped Fedex for those that want to know.

Here are how final prices stand with shipping included to out of state residents and tax included to instate:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Out of state paying through paypal (Hex components) - 368
Out of state paying through paypal (HEX comp/coaxial combo) - 476
Out of state paying through cash/money order (Hex comp) - 358
Out of state paying through cash/money order (hex comp/coaxial combo) - 463
Instate paying through paypal (Hex components) - 379
Instate paying through paypal (Hex comp/coaxial combo) - 488
Instate paying through cash/money order (Hex comp) - 368
Instate paying through cash/money order (Hex comp/coaxial combo) - 474
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If anyone instate wants to pay for shipping, add an extra 10 dollars to total and those buying the comp/coax combo add an extra 15 dollars to total.
3) Who's interested?

Here is the list:

1)meccanoble...................................PAI D!!!
2)infinitiblast (1 silk HEX, 1 coaxial)
3)mrb23 (1 silk HEX, 1 coaxial)................PAID!!!
4)Maximum Velocity
5)raymond3414 (1 silk HEX, 1 coaxial)..........PAID!!!
6)JeffersonM (1 HEX)
7)95seMax
8)AceFace(1 silk HEX, 1 coaxial)...............PAID!!!
9)MJ23FE (1 silk HEX, 1 coaxial)...............PAID!!!
10)iansw (1 silk HEX, 1 coaxial)...............PAID!!!
11)iansw (1 silk HEX, 1 coaxial)...............PAID!!!
12)dysfunctional
13)Playero (1 silk HEX, 1 coaxial).............PAID!!!
14)ljl10 (1 silk HEX, 1 coaxial)...............PAID!!!
15)mforest100 (1 silk HEX, 1 coaxial)..........PAID!!!
16)pauldcpearl (1 silk HEX)

if your interested, please post here so i can add you to the list.
4)Group Deal Deadline???

Pearl96max and I both understand that 400 dollars is a lot to come by and not something u can cough up on a daily basis, however there is a limited supply at the warehouse and they can not be held especially if another business connected to the warehouse has customers with money ready to buy. Right now, there are 10 temporarily being held in the warehouse until this friday coming up, May 16, 2003. This is the last day of the group deal!!! After that day, prices will go back up and the chances of having these in stock may be undetermined until we setup another group deal.

This group deal has been going on for over a week so far, so another week is fair for you guys to save up for this great deal.

As you can see, there are over 10 people on the list but only 10 will be definitely held. The first 10 to send payments will have a definite set and can pick them up the sunday or monday after the group deal ends. Those that want these shipped to them will have them shipped on the monday after the group deal ends and shipping normally takes 3-5 days.

For those of you that are impatient like myself, secure your spots and pay as soon as possible so you are not left waiting for the next group deal, if there will even be one.
5) Why to get installed by Diamond Audio dealer??

Diamond audio components come with a one year warranty provided they are sold by a Diamond Audio dealer, which in this case they are. However, if installed by an authorized, they become a 3 year warranty. Don is not only an authorized dealer but he gives a good price on installs compared to many other major retail installation shops in the area. Anyone that wants a 3 year warranty, a good price on installs, and the peace of mind that the installation is being done right (he installed it on his own 96 maxima for those that want to know about his experience), go to Pearl96max, his feedback alone shows the great experience he has had with many other org members on installs with audio, security, and cosmetics.
6) What to do after payment!

Ok, just to keep everything well organized, anyone that has paid for their set of HEX or hex/coaxial combo, please email Pearl96max @ MyPearlTPI@aol.com with the following information:

a) Your full name
b) Your maxima.org name
c) Your address
d) What you are buying *example* (silk Hex/coaxials)
e) How you paid (if through paypal, list your paypal address)

This is to reassure that he has the correct information for all those that have paid. Please send this info asap for anyone that has not sent this email with the following information will not get their set of speakers until this info is received.

GROUP DEAL HAS OFFICALLY STARTED!!!!

if you have a question, u can post here, or email me @ thaholycity@aol.com or email Pearl96max @ MyPearlTPI@aol.com

AND SOMEONE BUY MY M3 componenets!!!
Old 05-02-2003, 07:48 AM

That would be a positive...please count me in. See if he can get us some rear coax speakers at a good price too
Old 05-02-2003, 08:00 AM
Sports Button FTW

i could make this a full car setup, just gotta see who's interested in that as well. I got pricing from him too.

These components retail for 619 but he sells them originally for 400 to maxima.org members. Expect a better price in this group deal. I made the mistake of going lower diamond audio model (M3) and it sounds great but when i step into don's car i get jealous...so if anyone wants to buy mine so i upgrade to HEX let me know
Old 05-02-2003, 09:50 AM

yeah, I'm interested. Do you think we need rears too? or should the component be enough? And when abouts will the GD happen?

My friend with Diamond S500s sez he doesn't even need his rear speakers at all...
Old 05-02-2003, 09:54 AM

I would like DA Hex 600s and M3 61i.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:34 PM

Put me down for the GD on the 600s componet speakers. Let me know when this will be happening so I can get the funds.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:12 PM
living out of a maxima...

Yo quiero hex.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Sports Button FTW

so far the interest in this group deal looks positive. I can also get a group deal on the coaxial diamond audio speakers for those that are interested. This group deal will start real soon just gotta make sure i see enough interest. I'm looking for atleast 10 people to make this group deal happen. The reason why is that Pearl96max has already dropped the price for maxima.org members and his profit is minimal so to give a heavy discount on these he would need a larger mass of people to buy....just like any other groupdeal .

Anyway i see about 3-5 people interested so far...lets see if we can get that to 10 and we'll see what happens. If we get 10 people we can get a group deal on coaxial speakers for the back although the components sound so thorough its probably not needed but recommended for a completed system.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:35 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Hey guys, reason I had Mecca set this up is because I think it should get the attention it deserves and with all the work/cars that Im on all day I dont have enough time to tend to it. I am still on and answering questions though....

As for the pricing I would like to see 10+ people to get the ball rolling, more can join afterwards if need be. I am trying to fit in the best price possible, but as Mecca already stated is has been at a low for the Org members already.

I can setup it up to include the rear speakers as well if requested. They are not "needed" but definately make a great improvement. The DA components have the RAF (rear fill) output so take advantage , also you will only need a two channel amp to run these even with the rear coaxs.

Any more questions, feel free to email/PM/or post..

--Don
Old 05-02-2003, 04:47 PM

well let's setup a numbered list then meccanoble... i'm down for a set...
Old 05-02-2003, 07:22 PM

But Mecca And Pearl96, I currently have a 10' Brahma series sub do you think the rear speakers will be over kill.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:29 PM

i might be interested in both front and back sets depending on price ,

what are these speakers mostly made for , lows, mids, highs?
how many watts do they push?
u recommend connecting them to an amp?
Old 05-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Sports Button FTW

LIST THUS FAR

Originally posted by 95seMax

i think Don can answer the amp question better than me. I would say its definitely recommended, something about distortion from stock amps or something or the radio? He'll come in and answer that for u soon 95seMax.

I have the coaxials, m3's and 2 shiva subs, not as strong as brahma's but i would say if u normally have a full house in the car get the coaxials, they wont hurt plus they really complete the system.

Here's the list thus far:

1)meccanoble (if someone can buy my m3's )
2)infinitiblast
3)mrb23
4)Maximum Velocity
5)raymond3414
6)JeffersonM
7)95seMax
8)AceFace (maybe?)

just need atleast 3 more people to show their faces and give a positive attitude to this group deal and we should be on our way

SOMEONE BUY MY M3's!!! FULLY WARRANTIED!!!!
Old 05-03-2003, 08:57 AM

I would be interested in the S600s, it all depends on how much they are going to go for. How much are they going to go for once we get 10 people? I would also be interested in purchasing the M361i coaxials for the rear, any idea how much those would be going for?
-Jalal
Old 05-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by MJ23FE
I would be interested in the S600s, it all depends on how much they are going to go for. How much are they going to go for once we get 10 people? I would also be interested in purchasing the M361i coaxials for the rear, any idea how much those would be going for?
-Jalal
Ok guys, i see a lot of people are interested but just want see a price before they decide to buy so I'll end all the suspense.

Your choice of silk or aluminum HEX components normally 400 for maxima.org members, now 348 dollars!!!!!

Also anyone interested in coaxials, normal price for maxima.org members was 150, now giving a special deal of 100 dollars to anyone who purchases the HEX components.

These prices are brought to you by Don aka Pearl96max located in Edison, NJ. he is available to do install for anyone that is interested. This is the perfect time to upgrade your systems with spring here and summer around the corner. Believe me when i say these components are clear as day and have so much bass.

Anyone in northeast very tempted to purchase this but fearful of quality PLEASE pay don a trip and listen to his car. He has these installed and i guarantee you'll be happy with it.

Now that we have a price, just want to make sure we have enough interest before i start up a real group deal for this. Remember this price goes IF WE CAN GET atleast 10 people in!
Old 05-03-2003, 09:21 AM

I will trust the audio gods and believe that these things sound amazing, but how long will the group buy be going on for??? Not all of us, well atleast i do not have alot of money to drop at one time. Approximately how long will the deal be good for? I would definately be interested in both the S600S and the M361i. Thanks!
-Jalal
Old 05-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Sports Button FTW

I will trust the audio gods and believe that these things sound amazing, but how long will the group buy be going on for??? Not all of us, well atleast i do not have alot of money to drop at one time. Approximately how long will the deal be good for? I would definately be interested in both the S600S and the M361i. Thanks!
-Jalal
good question, i never got a time period as of yet, i'll ask about that but i think he'll be very understanding on the situation. No one carries around 400 dollars ready to spend on a daily basis...
Old 05-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm interested....
Old 05-03-2003, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by meccanoble

good question, i never got a time period as of yet, i'll ask about that but i think he'll be very understanding on the situation. No one carries around 400 dollars ready to spend on a daily basis...
Thanks. I, as long as many people here appreciate it, because $400 is alot to drop on 2 pairs of speakers at one time considering i am a poor college student. I still need to buy an Eclipse CD5423 and an amp to either power all 4 speakers or just the front two. Either way its CASH MONEY YO! And i dont got alot of it! Thanks for understanding man, try to work out so that its a long time period so that we can buy the HEX components now and the M3 coaxials later. Maybe he can record the sales to each individual so that if they cant afford to buy both speakers at the same time, they will still have the ability to purchase the Coaxials later(since the Group Buy is on the HEX you can have to purchase the HEX first or so i assume).
Thanks alot for understanding, it would really be helpful if it works out!
-Jalal
Old 05-03-2003, 07:28 PM

For that lowered price I am definitely in
Old 05-03-2003, 08:59 PM

What exactly are the coaxials? Are they the hex series coaxials? I have components already, but if I these are the hex coaxials and they are 100$ I am in.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:02 PM

Is the Hex line better than the Infinity Perfect line? What about some Focals? I don't know much about their line up or pricing, but I know that the Utopia line is their best. I also found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=32819 If you are too lazy to copy and paste the link, like me, well is has a pair of s600as for 300usd. I dont know much about how other companies fair against each other, so if someone is willing to offer me some info about how different speaker companies like, kicker, alpine, mb quart, focal, crystal mobile audio, etc. stack up to each other that would be great. Thanks for anyones help.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:09 PM

HEXs and Utopias are pretty much my 2 favs....

I have spent alot of time researching the Focals and Diamond HEX's.

I have Focal Utopias right now, but they're a few years old.

The HEX's sound warmer than the Utopias, but the Utopias sound clearer. It's a matter of preference, but the difference between the two isn't a whole lot.

Mostly this is due to the titanium tweeters on the Focals vs the silk/aluminum on the HEX. The titanium tweeters sound crisper, therefor giving the illusion they are clearer.

But the HEX's have better mids, that sound warmer.

Anyway - they're both equals in my book.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:12 PM
2-Wheelin it...

for those curious as to the power handling, they can handle some serious juice. the crossovers are designed very nicely with no worries of spiking. the 600s's are mainly for mids (woofer) and highs (tweeter). i have a diamond audio D5600.2 (150x2) powering into them and i i feel this is the comfort level for these speakers. actually, i'll let you all know tomoorw, as they will be powered for the very first time on my eclipse head unit.

btw, all my audio was purchased through don, so this is a pretty nice group deal. good luck with it don.

with diamond audio you have nothing to worry about. it's like buying a benz and worrying about the quality of materials. plus, that RAF is pretty sick, and those crossovers look so hot. better mount them somewhere visible so you can show them off. here are some pictures for those of you curious.

first is a hex component mounted on my door with a custom mdf mounting bracket...

and this is a close up of the OH SO GORGEOUS crossover..

tweeter mounted (some modding needed, but quite easy)

Originally posted by 95seMax

Old 05-04-2003, 12:07 AM

I'm very interested in this deal. I have a few questions though.

Will I need any type of custom mounting brackets for the components in the front or the coaxials in the back of 95 SE?

Also, I just bought a new Kenwood KDC-X569 HU. Crutchfield lists it as putting out 22 watts RMS and 50 peak. Do I need an amp for the speakers with this HU? If so what should I go with?
Old 05-04-2003, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by Sorgasm

Will I need any type of custom mounting brackets for the components in the front or the coaxials in the back of 95 SE?

Also, I just bought a new Kenwood KDC-X569 HU. Crutchfield lists it as putting out 22 watts RMS and 50 peak. Do I need an amp for the speakers with this HU? If so what should I go with?
I am also curious to whether or not you will need any custom brackets or fabrication to get these speakers to fit in the front doors??? I mean this in terms of are they to deep? Do you recommend sound dampening the doors at all??? Whats the minimum power that you would put on these speakers? Thanks!
-Jalal
Old 05-04-2003, 04:58 AM

Originally posted by DR0832
What exactly are the coaxials? Are they the hex series coaxials? I have components already, but if I these are the hex coaxials and they are 100$ I am in.
The coaxs are the M3 line, there are no HEX coaxs, they never have made them, nor will they ever.

Originally posted by ghetto_bill
Is the Hex line better than the Infinity Perfect line? What about some Focals? I don't know much about their line up or pricing, but I know that the Utopia line is their best. I also found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=32819 If you are too lazy to copy and paste the link, like me, well is has a pair of s600as for 300usd. I dont know much about how other companies fair against each other, so if someone is willing to offer me some info about how different speaker companies like, kicker, alpine, mb quart, focal, crystal mobile audio, etc. stack up to each other that would be great. Thanks for anyones help.
Yes the HEX line is better than the Perfect line, as a matter fact so is the DA M6 line. The HEX is very comparable to the Utopias, but at half the cost. Some like the HEX better and some like the Utopia better..

As for Ebay sales...BIG nono. I have run the S/Ns from Ebay sellers products when customers got them and brought them to me for install..Long story short: The S/Ns did not match anything in DAs system, told me they never existed. Not to mention, DA does not allow ANY online sales.

Originally posted by iansw
HEXs and Utopias are pretty much my 2 favs....

I have spent alot of time researching the Focals and Diamond HEX's.
Anyway - they're both equals in my book.
Except the HEX are alot cheaper

The front speaker brackets will need very minimal cutting, as for the rear they can drop in. You will need an amp for these. Most major/reputable companies will highly recommend and in fact insist on using an amp for component speaker systems.

I am also curious to whether or not you will need any custom brackets or fabrication to get these speakers to fit in the front doors??? I mean this in terms of are they to deep? Do you recommend sound dampening the doors at all??? Whats the minimum power that you would put on these speakers? Thanks!
-Jalal

I recommend sound damping on the doors, but not totally necessary. I would run a minimum of 100 watts per side.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:01 AM

Originally posted by Pearl96Max

Except the HEX are alot cheaper

No doubt!

just got a really good deal on the Focals I have now...I'd never pay full price for them!
Old 05-04-2003, 10:10 AM

Thanks for clearing everything up for me. As for the group deal, I don't think I'll have the money by the deadline, but once I get the money I'll drop you a line.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:13 AM

What is the deadline?

Meccanoble, you should update the first post of this thread by editing it with any pertinent information.

1) What's the GD
2) Pricing arrangements
3) Who's intereted
4) who's locked in
5) GD Deadline.

Then anyone can look at the first post and see exactly what's going on, instead of reading through pages of threads.

Look at my "New Supplier - New MEVI GD" Thread if you need an example.

IanS
Old 05-04-2003, 12:49 PM

I have another question. Actually 2. Don, What would you charge for the install if we bought the components and coaxials? Do the speakers come with a warranty? (this might have been covered and I missed it. If so sorry.)
Old 05-04-2003, 01:02 PM

I have another question. Actually 2. Don, What would you charge for the install if we bought the components and coaxials? Do the speakers come with a warranty? (this might have been covered and I missed it. If so sorry.)
I can install them. Price would depened upon car... and where the crossovers go,if I make the panels or use your factory ones,etc..If you check around though, my prices are more than reasonable.

As for the warranty...1 year from purchase, OR 3 years if installed by me. This isnt a marketing scheme, it is DAs policy.

--Don
Old 05-04-2003, 01:03 PM

What is the deadline?

Meccanoble, you should update the first post of this thread by editing it with any pertinent information.

1) What's the GD
2) Pricing arrangements
3) Who's intereted
4) who's locked in
5) GD Deadline.

Then anyone can look at the first post and see exactly what's going on, instead of reading through pages of threads.

Look at my "New Supplier - New MEVI GD" Thread if you need an example.

IanS
This is why I had him setup the GD, too much work for me....

--Don
Old 05-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Sports Button FTW

mistake on pricing

sorry guys, i've been working all weekend, thats the only time i work, i go to school all week and thats how i get to spend a lot of time online . Anyway i havent seen the thread since like friday night to saturday morning and just realized that i made a mistake on pricing.

The coaxial pricing is fine but i pressed the wrong button when inputting the price on the components, instead of 338, its really 348. 10 dollar difference, still an EXCELLENT deal. I'm going to update the first post like iansw said would be a good idea and also change my other post where i put pricing.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:22 PM

As for a deadline.... As long as originates with 10+ people I can keep it going for awhile. I did that with the other GDs (Viper alarms) and well hey they are still going, even after about 9 months from the original post.

--Don
Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 PM

Thanks Don! What about shipping on these? Is that extra or included in the $348? Damn this rox!
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by mrb23
Thanks Don! What about shipping on these? Is that extra or included in the $348? Damn this rox!
Shipping isn't included.

(BTW - I PM'ed you about the VB Mod)
Old 05-04-2003, 11:28 PM

Shipping isn't included.

(BTW - I PM'ed you about the VB Mod)
How much will shipping be? I live in Bergen County and can easily drive down to Edison to pick these bad boys up, and since i would be there, might as well have you install them for me Don! How much would install for the Hex and the M3's run me?
-Jalal
Old 05-05-2003, 05:14 AM

How much will shipping be? I live in Bergen County and can easily drive down to Edison to pick these bad boys up, and since i would be there, might as well have you install them for me Don! How much would install for the Hex and the M3's run me?
-Jalal
It would actually be better to come pick them up. Email me me for more info.

--Don
Old 05-05-2003, 06:53 AM
Dysfunctional

hey, put me down as well

Quick Reply: GAUGING INTEREST for Diamond Audio Hex components