Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

GD: 4th gen DUAL BEAM, PROJECTOR housing, angel/demon eye option headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Tha Snatcher

Originally Posted by umnitza
Update: Bi-Xenon projector - BAD, no fit

Looking to do something else.
What about my idea?
Old 02-16-2004, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor

email us your idea, we can't look through this thread at this time, sorry
Old 02-16-2004, 04:09 PM

That sux.

But how come this guy was able to do it? http://maxima.cardomain.com/memberpage/202250/5
Old 02-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good things come to those who wait. Be patient guys.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:00 PM
My heroine

Originally Posted by SaNdMaN
That sux.

But how come this guy was able to do it? http://maxima.cardomain.com/memberpage/202250/5

cause george worked his as* off making those.. when he got them finished he said it wasn't really a feasible way to do it for mass production

*edit* and seriously.. patience is a virtue. umnitza isn't fly by night, they will update when they have news.. no updates = no news, and moaning about lack of updates won't make updates come any faster.. good things come to those who wait, just look how the 5th gen angel eyes turned out vs. how long it took.. custom first run stuff takes time..
Old 02-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by willis
cause george worked his as* off making those.. when he got them finished he said it wasn't really a feasible way to do it for mass production

*edit* and seriously.. patience is a virtue. umnitza isn't fly by night, they will update when they have news.. no updates = no news, and moaning about lack of updates won't make updates come any faster.. good things come to those who wait, just look how the 5th gen angel eyes turned out vs. how long it took.. custom first run stuff takes time..

exactly...i dont mind asking for updates but extra ish thrown into the request is what turns people away.

BTW, **** THAT THE BI-XENON's wont fit . Dam, cant we take like the smallest projectors out there and put them in?

And willis doesnt have dual, he just has 1. Unless uminitza u mean not even single ones will fit?
Old 02-17-2004, 11:44 AM

geo1317 did it and indigomax did it, and they're not even "professional" like you guys. This aint ever gonna get done. It took months just for them to "look at it".

Bi-Xenon projector WITH angel eyes:

Bi-Xenon projector WITHOUT angel eyes:
Old 02-17-2004, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
geo1317 did it and indigomax did it, and they're not even "professional" like you guys. This aint ever gonna get done. It took months just for them to "look at it".

Bi-Xenon projector WITH angel eyes:

Bi-Xenon projector WITHOUT angel eyes:
Not to knock the effort behind the 2 installs you posted pics of but I don't want my kit to look like this. I want it to look professional and clean like the rest of my mods. These guys better take their time and research this before the offer this to us.
If these guys don't take their time, they will get roasted just like Indigo did. Just thinking about this a little more, can't believe you even brought of the trashy work that Indigo put forth.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Old Timer

Hmmm. Just what I thought. I replied to this thread two months ago. There were no pics then, and there are no pics now. I'm not trying to be a pessimist, but this thread has been going how long now? Still no pics of even a prototype of what you guys have promised to put your money to? As soon as I see at least a prototype of the finished product, I will commit, but not until then.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by deezo
Not to knock the effort behind the 2 installs you posted pics of but I don't want my kit to look like this. I want it to look professional and clean like the rest of my mods. These guys better take their time and research this before the offer this to us.
If these guys don't take their time, they will get roasted just like Indigo did. Just thinking about this a little more, can't believe you even brought of the trashy work that Indigo put forth.
I actually think Indigo's looked better than geo's but obviously George's was more functional and had angel eyes that made it look great at night. At leat they did it. This thread sarted October 15th!!!! 4 months ago and no pics and even the manufacturer says they can't do it... not promising...
Old 02-17-2004, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by deezo
What was wrong with indigomax's projectors? And what do you mean he "got roasted"?
Old 02-18-2004, 12:04 AM

What was wrong with indigomax's projectors? And what do you mean he "got roasted"?
this: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=280563
Old 02-18-2004, 02:30 AM
Tha Snatcher

Yeah, get reading. 'Tis a sad sad tale.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:07 AM
Old Timer

Hmmmm. Very interesting. Once again, a good mod bites the dust.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:14 PM

Thanks for posting the link guys.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:09 PM

o man are we ever going to get projectors? I wish I had george's skills

Deezo, what exactly is unproffessional looking about Indigo's or geo's projectors? Just curious, they don't look to bad to me.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by d_warner
Hmmm. Just what I thought. I replied to this thread two months ago. There were no pics then, and there are no pics now. I'm not trying to be a pessimist, but this thread has been going how long now? Still no pics of even a prototype of what you guys have promised to put your money to? As soon as I see at least a prototype of the finished product, I will commit, but not until then.
Guys, I too want things to move faster, but as I said many times before, good things take their time.

Hypothetically, if Umnitza put pics out tomorrow, would YOU, d_warner, have 4 or 5 bills to lay down the day after? If anything, this delay is letting people save up since not everyone has a few hundred bucks laying around to drop on a dime.

Matt from Umnitza has been friendly and co-operative so far, so give them a chance.

Anish
Old 02-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Sports Button FTW

Guys, we have another option for projectors if uminitza cant come through. HIDtech.com. If someone can talk to them about a group deal, we can get a good price on the setup. Havent received any complaints from them, they are in NY, not too far from me so i can atleast bark at them if they try something. I think thats our next bet if uminitza cant come through, not knocking on this but delivering a backup plan since this doesnt look like it will be done However I would be happy to get my angel eyes from u if things dont work out
Old 02-19-2004, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by meccanoble
Guys, we have another option for projectors if uminitza cant come through. HIDtech.com. If someone can talk to them about a group deal, we can get a good price on the setup. Havent received any complaints from them, they are in NY, not too far from me so i can atleast bark at them if they try something. I think thats our next bet if uminitza cant come through, not knocking on this but delivering a backup plan since this doesnt look like it will be done However I would be happy to get my angel eyes from u if things dont work out
MECCA,

How about you start contacting them, maybe the competition might jumpstart UMINITZA to start working on the prototype. We got 50 people interested, that's something you can mention to them.

Eric
Old 02-20-2004, 11:59 AM

Well, we know bixenon projectors are doable because enough one-off's have been done already... the question remains, who can put it into production.

I will wait for that day, although naturally I would prefer it to be sooner, much sooner, rather than later.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by EZEMaxima
MECCA,

How about you start contacting them, maybe the competition might jumpstart UMINITZA to start working on the prototype. We got 50 people interested, that's something you can mention to them.

Eric
Well i just sent them an extensive email about how we have atleast 30-50 people (those that obviously drop out) interested in bi-xenon projectors and if he can do a group deal for us. I also told him that a lot of people have HIDS already and dont need ballasts so if he can work out a group deal for just the housing/projector installment and we decide if we want to get our bulbs/ballasts from him we can do so. Plus i told him we wouldnt mind putting a heavy deposit (like half of the price) before receiving products.

I'm in NJ which is right next door to NY. As long as they have a base store and not doing this in a garage, i'm definitely down for this deal so if they try to beat someone i can roll over there and handle things. but they seem very legit.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:49 PM

See the problem with this whole patience thing is that our maximas aren't getting any newer. I mean the latest 4th get maxima is already 5 years old, and most of us have 96's or 97's.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:14 AM

Bi-xenon's can't be done folks! Oh wait, now there's a THIRD comapany/person who's put bi-xenon projectors into Maxima 4th Gen housings...

www.hidtech.com
Old 02-21-2004, 12:04 PM

the question is how much?
Old 02-21-2004, 01:32 PM
My heroine

Bi-xenon's can't be done folks! Oh wait, now there's a THIRD comapany/person who's put bi-xenon projectors into Maxima 4th Gen housings...
/rant

then go ahead and order from there...

and as a note... One Person (george) put bixenon's into his headlights.. he said it was labor intensive / not really gonna work for mass production

One Company (technically) put bixenon's into max headlights.. they sent a couple pairs, everyone who got them had a problem with quality and the "company" has not been heard from since.

HIDTech apparently can do them.. good.. great.. go get some.

This thread is about umnitza's efforts to bring a good quality product out for fourth gen maxima's. Why is everyone *****ing and moaning about how long it's taking for something to happen when this is a product that has yet to be successfully made on a large scale? Go back, reread the angel eyes thread, see how long that took vs. how good the product came out.

And point two.. do you have the $700 to pay HIDTech right now?.. or for that matter, do you have $400 to pay Umnitza right now?.. I'm guessing most people complaining about the long wait Do Not Have the money, in hand, ready to pay in five minutes.. if there were pics out, you would probably be saying we need more time to get money together.. so save the money and wait for a good product to be out.. Don't come in this thread and ***** it up yapping about other products which have also yet to see the light of day. If you're tired of waiting, use one of your other options to get projectors for 4th gens. No options?? I guess you're kinda stuck waiting for a product to come out then, huh..

/rant

anyhoo.. *bump* to the top.. please stop complaining about the length of time this is taking, that will get us nowhere...
Old 02-21-2004, 02:00 PM

/rant

and as a note... One Person (george) put bixenon's into his headlights.. he said it was labor intensive / not really gonna work for mass production

One Company (technically) put bixenon's into max headlights.. they sent a couple pairs, everyone who got them had a problem with quality and the "company" has not been heard from since.

This thread is about umnitza's efforts to bring a good quality product out for fourth gen maxima's. Why is everyone *****ing and moaning about how long it's taking for something to happen when this is a product that has yet to be successfully made on a large scale? Go back, reread the angel eyes thread, see how long that took vs. how good the product came out.

And point two.. do you have the $700 to pay HIDTech right now?.. or for that matter, do you have $400 to pay Umnitza right now?.. I'm guessing most people complaining about the long wait Do Not Have the money, in hand, ready to pay in five minutes.. if there were pics out, you would probably be saying we need more time to get money together.. so save the money and wait for a good product to be out.. Don't come in this thread and ***** it up yapping about other products which have also yet to see the light of day. If you're tired of waiting, use one of your other options to get projectors for 4th gens. No options?? I guess you're kinda stuck waiting for a product to come out then, huh..

/rant

anyhoo.. *bump* to the top.. please stop complaining about the length of time this is taking, that will get us nowhere...
Old 02-21-2004, 02:41 PM

I like that HIDTECH headlight conversion.

more pics of beam pattern

more insatlled pics

Hope Karl doesn't mind me posting pictures of his new projector headlights

Eric
Old 02-21-2004, 02:54 PM

/rant

/rant

I'm for quality but quick response and atleast some details as to why it won't work would help.

And like you said, most of this guys don't have the money, and i for one, would not hold onto my money waiting for something that may not happen. They are in the business where customer service and quality workmanship matter. And as you know for a fact, there is alot more people who wants projector headlights for their 4th maxima but is not willing to spend the $700 or just waiting for the final product that has not signed up on this group deal.

I might just go with HIDTECH.COM, since they are able to retrofit one with quality workmanship and quick turnaround.

Peace,
Eric
Old 02-21-2004, 08:04 PM
I like Maximas

wow that beam pattern is awesome! and this place is only 30 mins away hmmm nice...
Old 02-21-2004, 09:40 PM

So I guess the next questtion is...how much did they cost????
Old 02-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Former Sponsor

I think those are pretty nifty

If we can work with them, we might be able to bring it in for less.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:52 AM
Sports Button FTW

I think those are pretty nifty

If we can work with them, we might be able to bring it in for less.
i do apologize for jumping in on this thread with info about hidtech.com. Only reason i brought it up was cause you guys said you may not be able to do it so i was giving everyone a second option.

I believe one guy paid 800 something dollars for this setup. That price included buying new headlights and all the goodies. Way too much for me to even dream about even though it may be worth it. I'm looking to spend 400 without price of new headlights. Uminitza, if you can work with them, it would be great but i'm not sure how that will happen. Anyawy, those of u definitely interested, we're having a vote here:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=287244

give your input and we'll see what happens from here.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:04 AM

All I know is whoever makes the cutoff look like this will get my money... Whether it be $600, $800, or $1G...

Old 02-22-2004, 01:21 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i think those are Valeo projectors and they dont come with a movable shield, so if you want to give up the Bi-Xenon's those projectors do give off the best cut off and color. If we had dual headlights i would have used the Valeo projectors, but High beams where a must for me.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by geo1317
i think those are Valeo projectors and they dont come with a movable shield, so if you want to give up the Bi-Xenon's those projectors do give off the best cut off and color. If we had dual headlights i would have used the Valeo projectors, but High beams where a must for me.
Dumb question but do we really need high beams with the light output of these low beam xenons?
Old 02-22-2004, 08:54 AM

Yes, high beams are not just for light output, but very handy for nighttime signalling. My CATZ kit has the high beam solenoid controller which works very well and is invaluable.

I've seen people turning HIDS off and on as a signalling device, it doesn't work too well, people just think your lights were turned off an on.

I've also heard that some states do check for functioning high beams during safety inspections.

Dumb question but do we really need high beams with the light output of these low beam xenons?
Old 02-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

As far as being street legal, Yes. But personally its up to the individual, i have been in plenty situation where i needed the high beam, like on the high way or on some back roads where i know deer wonder.

Also with the sharp cut-off on the projectors you really don’t see anything beyond the shield, if you have the glare intense 9004 HID them you don’t need high beams
Old 02-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Former Sponsor

that is the euro cuttoff, we get that now with the ZKWs from Germay that we put in E36 BMWs.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:58 PM

how come none of the maxima retrofits i've seen so far have a clean cut off? and what's up with the hot spots?
Old 02-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Sports Button FTW

All I know is whoever makes the cutoff look like this will get my money... Whether it be $600, $800, or $1G...

ga dayum thats hot. geo, i was about to say that i dont need high beams cause my 9004's hid low beam setup is enough light for 95% of my situations. I do hit some roads that have a serious up and down hill where i would have loved high beams. But i see how the splash of the fugly 9004's can create such a heavy amount of wide light. projectors i guess will definitely need high beam.

Quick Reply: GD: 4th gen DUAL BEAM, PROJECTOR housing, angel/demon eye option headlights