Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Microvision 7" TFT Screens w/ remote & mount + case

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

All right, sweet! Yes of course, send over the PP money request for $10. If you can, send over whatever pics you have to my email addy bryan@berktechnology.com

Looks great!!
Old 12-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Very nice job mean bean. Nice place for install two btw.

Hey does anyone know what I need to do to get a pass through for my max? I have a 95 gxe and all I see back there is plastic and the steel plate behind it. thanks

which power supply did you tap into and do you have any night time pics?
Old 12-19-2004, 01:06 PM

Hey thanks for the props. I just sent refund request via PayPal. Thanks Bryan for the additional discount. Oh BTW, how big is your inbox? I can send you high-res pics but they are close to 1MB each at 1600x1200. Night pics to come since I installed it last night and was to tired to snap any pics until this morning.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by meanbean
Hey thanks for the props. I just sent refund request via PayPal. Thanks Bryan for the additional discount. Oh BTW, how big is your inbox? I can send you high-res pics but they are close to 1MB each at 1600x1200. Night pics to come since I installed it last night and was to tired to snap any pics until this morning.
I just processed your $10 refund for the pics. My mail box should have room. Just in case, send it to these two addresses at the same time. One of them should work.

bryan@berktechnology.com
cobymoby@sbcglobal.net
Old 12-19-2004, 04:19 PM

Bryan,
I'm emailing you the pictures as I write this. You should be receiving 4 emails that each contain 1 zip file (~15.2MB). All together it will add up to 84 pictures at 1600x1200 totally ~61MB. Let me know if you don't get a certain set and I will try to resend that zip file. Just in case you are wondering, the last picture is where I placed the remote eye for the DVD player.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:59 PM

Bryan,
I had to send them out in 8 emails/files since my mail server errored out and noted that the 15MB attachments were too big.

Rowan,
I'm powered directly from the battery. I have a 1-gauge cable that is wired into my trunk to power my amp. That cable is on a power splitter and I have the DVD player connected to that. Here are some night pics for you.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:25 PM

So, does this mean that I will be refunded $10? If so then here are some pics.

thanx for the pic.

Is it possible to put the DVD player in the front console with the TFT screen?
Old 12-19-2004, 05:51 PM

Yes, you can put the DVD player anywhere you want it. The location I chose is my preference and not mandatory. Pick your location and route the power/video wires to that location. That's pretty much it pure and simple.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:49 PM

Very nicely done. And it looks sharp at night!

Can we hook into any power supply? I was thinking the light source in the glove box if i stick it in there (assuming it fits). Is it not strong enough?

Which are the sources that are strong enough to supply steady power to the DVD player and it's intended utility?

thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

How much can I get a switcher for?
Old 12-20-2004, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rowan
Very nicely done. And it looks sharp at night!

Can we hook into any power supply? I was thinking the light source in the glove box if i stick it in there (assuming it fits). Is it not strong enough?

Which are the sources that are strong enough to supply steady power to the DVD player and it's intended utility?

thanks
The DVD players fits fine in the glove box. However, you may need to do some cutting as routing the cables through the existing opening at the top is a problem since it will cause them to be pinched when the glove box closed. As for using the glove box light power, just make sure that it is receiving 12v and you will be fine. BTW, if you are using the microvision LCD then make sure you wire the remote turn on wire to a switch. I first tried wiring it to my HU remote turn on wire and it would not allow you to turn the LCD off while the HU was still on. This caused a blue "No Signal" screen to constantly show when you are not using your DVD player. Needless to say, I now have it wired to the switch so that I can turn the LCD on/off at will. Good luck with your install.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:59 AM

great info thanks! I have to go by a multimeter I guess. Is it easy to wire the screen through a switch? Never used a switch before.

thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 08:17 AM

finally paid! Thanks!!! Can you hold shipment for me until after the new year? thanks!
Old 12-20-2004, 08:31 AM

Yes, it is a very simple. Just get a standard SPST (single pole single throw) switch. I bought mine from AutoZone for $3.99. It will have a negative (ground), battery (power source), fuse (power wire to LCD). Very easy to install and the hardest part really is deciding where you want the switch located. Some other useful tools to buy/have are a crimper, butt connectors. 16-20 gauge wire and electrical tape. I would recommend that you solder all your connection but some people are not comfortable in doing this so it up to you. I myself use solder on all connection unless they require to be disconnected from time to time and then will use the butt connectors.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:06 AM

FYI, the DVD player reads DVD-RW fine even though the manual does not state this. However, DVD-R is not supported which the manaul does state. Overall, it's a great DVD player although MP3 navigation could use some work. For the price, this player is hard to beat so anyone looking for a stand alone DVD player should really consider this Microvision player.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Sittin' On Chrome

although MP3 navigation could use some work.
can you please explain further or show pictures? Thanks.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:53 AM

great info thanks!
Old 12-20-2004, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by felix
can you please explain further or show pictures? Thanks.
There are alot of MP3 playback options but they cannot be changed on the fly once you are playing the MP3. You must stop the playback and then change the options and then start the play again. So an example would mean that I have it set to play only current folder contents and then changed my mind and wanted to change to play all of the disc contents. I cannot do this without stoping the current playback to change the mode. This is by no means a major problem but just a grip I have. It doesn't really bother me since my HU already plays MP3s so I will be using that for the MP3 playback.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Sittin' On Chrome

Oh, that's not bad... what does the screen display when you play an MP3 CD in the Microvision DVD player?
Old 12-20-2004, 06:56 PM

The screen looks like a Windows Explorer window in list mode. Basically, the folders contained on the disc in tree-type layout. Nothing fancy but easy to understand.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:51 PM

Here are some pictures of the DVD player's menus.

Startup

Screen Saver

Setup

MP3 Startup

MP3 Playback
Old 12-20-2004, 11:17 PM

cool..............
Old 12-21-2004, 04:20 AM
Sittin' On Chrome

sweet. thanks meanbean! that motivates me to install mine.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by wcasskicker
Hi Bryan, has mine be sent out yet? any tracking #.....haha...can't wait.....

I shipped it out today, Tuesday via air mail, shipping time is 7-10 days. I shipped it insured for the amount that I declared on the package as you had instucted. The box was kind of large so I suspect that your customs may actually open it. When they do that it usally takes them about a week or two to clear the package for delivery.

Show us your install when you are done!

Regards,
Bryan
Old 12-22-2004, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by cobymoby
I shipped it out today, Tuesday via air mail, shipping time is 7-10 days. I shipped it insured for the amount that I declared on the package as you had instucted. The box was kind of large so I suspect that your customs may actually open it. When they do that it usally takes them about a week or two to clear the package for delivery.

Show us your install when you are done!

Regards,
Bryan
thanx for the prompt reply. although I won't receieve as a Chrismas gift for myself, it will be my new year gift anyway.

I've found other sources of DIY on those monitors(include headrest), so I can combine the information you provided and the one I found. I will post links later to help some other members.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:49 AM

Please click on the step by step DIY button
Headrest DIY

Front Dash Revmoal

Some good Info
Old 12-24-2004, 10:47 AM

Please click on the step by step DIY button
Headrest DIY

Front Dash Revmoal

Some good Info
Sorry, way off topic, but is that an American Eskimo? Beautiful animal. Let's make this the Microvision/Dog thread. Haha

My puppy. Pure breed Siberian Husky with blue/white eyes
Old 12-24-2004, 12:11 PM

wow. so anyways; i'm interested on buying the tft screen and the microvision dvd/cd player. how much are both if i order them at the same time? please include shipping fees. i got paypal so it sohuldn't be a problem. another q. will the microvision player fit in the coin/compartment located under the stock bose cd player?
Old 12-24-2004, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by 206maxima
wow. so anyways; i'm interested on buying the tft screen and the microvision dvd/cd player. how much are both if i order them at the same time? please include shipping fees. i got paypal so it sohuldn't be a problem. another q. will the microvision player fit in the coin/compartment located under the stock bose cd player?
If you order them at the same time then take $15 off the DVD player, so the total is $275 shipped to your door.

The DVD should fit under there, it is a standard DIN size, I'm just not 100% sure about if the mounting holes for the ash tray/coin tray will line up with the mounting holes on the side of the DVD player chassis.

If you are the first one to do it, send me some pics and a brief write up on it then take $25 off the DVD player. So your total would be $265 shipped. I will take the additional discount AFTER the work/pics are submitted to me.

Regards,
Bryan
Old 12-24-2004, 02:30 PM

how are you gonna do that if i payed you already? give me back my 25 bucks through paypal? oh yeah is this gonna keep going on? coz i get paid on the 31st.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:07 PM

one more thing. these come with instructions on how to mount it right? i never installed any entertainment systems on any car so basically i'm the one you guys call NEWBIE but its all good. we got the same passion for the max. ^______^ so can you post a link on how or just message me. i can't find it in the how to's. thanks!
Old 12-25-2004, 03:47 AM

Handsome Dog

Originally Posted by cobymoby
Sorry, way off topic, but is that an American Eskimo? Beautiful animal. Let's make this the Microvision/Dog thread. Haha

My puppy. Pure breed Siberian Husky with blue/white eyes
Yes, it is an American Eskimo. You got a very handsome Husky there. Since we got similar breed, do I get 20% off for posing my dog pics?..hahaha..j/k
Old 12-25-2004, 12:40 PM

how are you gonna do that if i payed you already? give me back my 25 bucks through paypal? oh yeah is this gonna keep going on? coz i get paid on the 31st.
I can do a partial refund on your original paypal payment. 31st should be fine. As long as my prices don't go up, neither will your prices.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:43 PM

one more thing. these come with instructions on how to mount it right? i never installed any entertainment systems on any car so basically i'm the one you guys call NEWBIE but its all good. we got the same passion for the max. ^______^ so can you post a link on how or just message me. i can't find it in the how to's. thanks!
I have some write ups for the 4th gen Maxima. They are not official instructions from the manufacturer, they are just what other people have done here on the .org.

There are some links on this thread, go back a page or two.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:46 PM

Yes, it is an American Eskimo. You got a very handsome Husky there. Since we got similar breed, do I get 20% off for posing my dog pics?..hahaha..j/k

Old 12-30-2004, 09:27 PM

yeah....

Old 01-03-2005, 09:08 AM

yeah....

What year is your Maxima? I have writeups for the 95-99 only.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:23 PM

Old 01-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Schnell kaputt

Still have any of the screens left?

I also need a shipping quote to Vancouver, BC CANADA. Thank you.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bonka
Still have any of the screens left?

I also need a shipping quote to Vancouver, BC CANADA. Thank you.
Yes, I have some more screens arriving today (Friday). Shipped to Canada is $195 via USPS insured air mail ($200 worth of insurance coverage). I know the deal with Canada's customs.

I will be out until Saturday (CES).

Quick Reply: Microvision 7" TFT Screens w/ remote & mount + case