Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Microvision 7" TFT Screens w/ remote & mount + case

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 02:00 PM

can you please post some pics of the screen with the pull down swivel. im very interested in this. also can you please explain how one would connect a ps2 to one of these screens?? whats required?

Mike
Old 01-26-2005, 03:27 PM

cobymoby no show yet lols cant wait i wanna start my projectt
Old 01-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by cobymoby
Don't go too cheap, something that is decent will do fine. Is it for a camera?
Yep. I plan on having a switch for both the DVD player and the rear view camera wired directly into the screen.

Any brands you might recommend?
Old 01-27-2005, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by felix
Oh, ok. I have a problem with the other one: whenever I turn off the car then start the car, it doesn't remember where I left off and restarts the CD over. Just kinda annoying. One of my friends said it's because it doesn't have a 'remote wire' if I remember correctly. Anyone know how to fix this?
felix, there is a limitation in the way this unit's resume play works. If you want resume play to work on your DVD, you must first press the stop button and then press the power off button. When you power it back on, the resume play will work. Now, if you just press the power off button while the DVD was playing and then power back on, the resume play will not work. This process is not documented in the manual and I had to figure it out by trial and error. Not a big deal but it would have been nice for it to work either way. BTW, where are the pics of your install?
Old 01-27-2005, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by uhohitzmikey
can you please post some pics of the screen with the pull down swivel. im very interested in this. also can you please explain how one would connect a ps2 to one of these screens?? whats required?

Mike
Can someone answer my question as far as connecting the PS2 please. Thanx

Mike
Old 01-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Sittin' On Chrome

Originally Posted by meanbean
felix, there is a limitation in the way this unit's resume play works. If you want resume play to work on your DVD, you must first press the stop button and then press the power off button. When you power it back on, the resume play will work. Now, if you just press the power off button while the DVD was playing and then power back on, the resume play will not work. This process is not documented in the manual and I had to figure it out by trial and error. Not a big deal but it would have been nice for it to work either way. BTW, where are the pics of your install?
Thanks meanbean. So can I press 'stop' and turn the car off or 'stop' then power off button? I guess I could just try it when I get out of work. Also does this apply to MP3 CD's or just DVD's? I haven't taken pics yet, my car is too dirty in and out. I will take pics soon though. My friend and I did the install a little different; we took the IR eye out of the tv casing and extended the wires. This let us place it elsewhere and install the TV so it's symmetrical. (by this I mean the black casing). I'll show you what I mean later when I take the pics.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Can someone answer my question as far as connecting the PS2 please. Thanx

Mike
Sorry, I'll scan some pics and get those up here. As far as hooking up a PS2 it's a easy deal. Just use the video to input into the screen. For sound you have several options:

1. Get a deck w/ aux audio inputs
2. Use the infrared headphone kit ($29 if bought with the screen, 2 headphones, IR transmitter)
3. Use an FM modulator (eek)
Old 01-27-2005, 04:06 PM

Sorry, I'll scan some pics and get those up here. As far as hooking up a PS2 it's a easy deal. Just use the video to input into the screen. For sound you have several options:

2. Use the infrared headphone kit ($29 if bought with the screen, 2 headphones, IR transmitter)
Thanx a lot man. Im definitely waiting for those pics. Killer price and the headphones seem like a great idea so im going to wait for you to post some pics.

Mike
Old 01-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Sittin' On Chrome

Originally Posted by meanbean
I think you meant the Pause button and then power off; that worked for me with a VCD.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:32 PM

will this work for audio as well???

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=610
Old 01-28-2005, 02:08 AM

Yes, I installed one on a base model 350Z. Problem is that it isn't plug and play like the PAC stuff. You have to splice power and remote for it. PAC is nice enough to include the harnesses so that it's plug and play.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:50 AM

any luck getting that pic? and also do you sell the headphones and transmitter seperately?

Mike
Old 01-31-2005, 04:37 PM

any luck getting that pic? and also do you sell the headphones and transmitter seperately?

Mike
Mike,

I have that pic scanned, please send me an email at bryan@berktechnology.com so I can send the pic over to you.

Yes, you can get the phones/transmitter separately, but the flip down screen has the built in IR transmitter for the headphones. It's better to buy them together as a kit.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:56 AM

TTTTTTTTTTTt
Old 02-04-2005, 09:23 PM

damn customs is taking sooo long, cobymoby the next time i order i want to ship via ups they're sooo much faster
Old 02-04-2005, 10:04 PM

Are these screens still selling for $175 shipped? I have a definite interest in the screen. If not, when will this be offered again??
Old 02-05-2005, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Happy
damn customs is taking sooo long, cobymoby the next time i order i want to ship via ups they're sooo much faster

You can use express shipping via USPS which would be cheaper then UPS ground because of the brokerage fees that UPS charges. Sorry that your customs took so long.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Analog-SE
Are these screens still selling for $175 shipped? I have a definite interest in the screen. If not, when will this be offered again??
It is still good. I have screens and DVD players in stock and ready to go @ $175 shipped.

Regards,
Bryan
Old 02-05-2005, 07:17 PM

Brian or anyone that knows the answer,

1) What is the orange cord (male/male) that came with the DVD player for?

2) For anyone that has the rear view camera, both the wires from the camera (red and yellow) have FEMALE connectors. There is no MALE connector on the DVD player or the switch I got from Radioshack. What does each wire do? Also what is the name of the male/male video cord to connect the camera to the switcher?

edit: the switcher I got doesn't seem to fit the video wire from the DVD player. Anyone have a suggestion for the correct type of switcher and it's exact name?

3) For a power switch, is a 3 amp switch sufficient? How about 10 amp, or 30amp?

4) What have people been using for the power source? I want an always on source so I can turn the DVD or camera on while the car is off with an inline power switch. (when people say wire directly to the battery, does this actually literally mean that? Do I have to feed it through the firewall somewhere or is there somewhere in the cabin to wire it directly to the battery?)

Thanks in advance guys. I admit that I am a crazy electronic newbie, but I feel like I have the potential to learn a ton from this project!
Old 02-08-2005, 01:09 PM

Can I Send A Money Order? Can U Send Me The Info If I Can. How Much For The Screen And Dvd Player?
Old 02-09-2005, 03:15 PM

got my screen todayyyy lol yay now its time to save up for a good hu lol
Old 02-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Bring it B*tch!

Location: Queenz, nYc CarClub: NYCMAXIMAS.ORG Website: www.ChinoX.net
Is this still going on or am I too late?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:11 AM

1. That is for a digital out to a Dolby digital decoder I believe
2. Use a male to male RCA, it's just an RCA, but when you use it for a A/V purposes they call it an A/V cable. Yellow is your video signal, I don't know what red is for. Is it power???
3. 10-15 amp should be good. 3 amp is a bit small.
4. There are several always on power sources in the car, the technical term is 12 Volt constant. The easiest one to tap into would be the constand from the headunit's harness. Yes, directly to the battery means just that. Make sure to fuse it if you do.
5. Have fun with your project!!!

Originally Posted by Rowan
Brian or anyone that knows the answer,

1) What is the orange cord (male/male) that came with the DVD player for?

2) For anyone that has the rear view camera, both the wires from the camera (red and yellow) have FEMALE connectors. There is no MALE connector on the DVD player or the switch I got from Radioshack. What does each wire do? Also what is the name of the male/male video cord to connect the camera to the switcher?

edit: the switcher I got doesn't seem to fit the video wire from the DVD player. Anyone have a suggestion for the correct type of switcher and it's exact name?

3) For a power switch, is a 3 amp switch sufficient? How about 10 amp, or 30amp?

4) What have people been using for the power source? I want an always on source so I can turn the DVD or camera on while the car is off with an inline power switch. (when people say wire directly to the battery, does this actually literally mean that? Do I have to feed it through the firewall somewhere or is there somewhere in the cabin to wire it directly to the battery?)

Thanks in advance guys. I admit that I am a crazy electronic newbie, but I feel like I have the potential to learn a ton from this project!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by ChinoX
Is this still going on or am I too late?
Still going on, I have everything in stock. The DVD players that I have are the 2005 model. They are backlit green instead of blue.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by ronnyblaze03
Can I Send A Money Order? Can U Send Me The Info If I Can. How Much For The Screen And Dvd Player?
Yes, money orders are okay. PM'ed payment address.

The screen is $175 shipped
DVD player is $115 shipped

If bought together then the DVD player is $100 shipped. ($275 for the combo)
Old 02-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Bring it B*tch!

Location: Queenz, nYc CarClub: NYCMAXIMAS.ORG Website: www.ChinoX.net
Still going on, I have everything in stock. The DVD players that I have are the 2005 model. They are backlit green instead of blue.
heh heh, anyway to mod it so its white or another color??
Old 02-10-2005, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Happy
got my screen todayyyy lol yay now its time to save up for a good hu lol
Customs huh?
Old 02-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Wookie

Coby! I am sending PayPal today! I want the $275.00 shipped deal I am SO excited! I am sending it as we speak!!

How long should it take? I am sooo freaking excited it's not even funny!! heheh

Jinni
Old 02-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Wookie

Ok ... I tried to send you $$ ... it says that you are unable to recieve money ... what does that mean ?
Old 02-11-2005, 02:06 PM

Got mine today! Thanks to Brian for the great help, AMAZING shipping and great product. Ordered Tuesday, came in Thursday.. =)
Old 02-11-2005, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jinni97Max
Ok ... I tried to send you $$ ... it says that you are unable to recieve money ... what does that mean ?
The paypal address is

"paypal@berktechnology.com"

Are you using the correct address?
Old 02-13-2005, 08:26 AM

The flip down pics. These are in stock as well.

The beige mounting shroud is optional but I'm including those as well. You don't have to use the shroud to mount it. You can see what it looks like without the shroud on the box. The thing is very thin. Of all the Microvision monitors out there, these have the best clarity on the screens, the screens are made by SHARP, the largest LCD and Plasma screen maufacturer in Japan.

Optional Infrared headphones. (The IR transmitter is built into the monitor)
Old 02-13-2005, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ChinoX
heh heh, anyway to mod it so its white or another color??

I looked on the box of the 05 models and they actually still have blue LED's on them.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:42 PM

Tttttttttt
Old 02-17-2005, 08:40 PM

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt
Old 02-17-2005, 11:34 PM

man this is a crazy deal, but i dont like the playback screen that the microvision dvd player give for mp3 cds...... what happened to that one with am/fm tuner and detachable face?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Duck
man this is a crazy deal, but i dont like the playback screen that the microvision dvd player give for mp3 cds...... what happened to that one with am/fm tuner and detachable face?
After some consideration I decided to ditch that one because the features that it had. If it's something that I wouldn't use personally I wouldn't want to put it on someone else either.

There are some very affordable single DIN DVD players out there on the market now.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:47 AM

Hey cowboy does your dvd player play MP3s burn onto a DVD-R?

what kind of screen does it show when playing mp3s?

thx
Old 02-18-2005, 07:47 AM

sorry i meant cobymoby......lolz
Old 02-18-2005, 07:49 AM

another question......is the dvd player you're selling a head-unit?

Quick Reply: Microvision 7" TFT Screens w/ remote & mount + case