Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

LOWEST Progress RSB & Spring prices NOW @ Cattman

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006 | 02:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wow i just ordered....Best customer service EVER!
Old 06-27-2006 | 08:23 PM

E-Mail sent

Thanks
SoCalMax05
Old 06-27-2006 | 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Melaza
wow i just ordered....Best customer service EVER!
I agree. Can't wait to get mine soon.
Old 06-28-2006 | 09:20 PM

Paypal Sent........
Old 06-28-2006 | 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by brian02max
Anybody have a valid link for the RSB install? The two links in the How-To's don't work.

Ack ... I feel like a friggin'
http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...howpage&pid=12
Old 06-29-2006 | 09:16 AM

I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with the coilovers from Progress. I haven't read anything about them but I also don't doubt the quality of Progress parts. Brian, have you sold very many kits? And if so how has the feedback been?
Old 06-29-2006 | 09:51 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by joebangaa
I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with the coilovers from Progress. I haven't read anything about them but I also don't doubt the quality of Progress parts. Brian, have you sold very many kits? And if so how has the feedback been?
We've sold 25-30 sets over time, its a great system - quite unique, in the classic Progress style (do what works best rather than copying the latest fad), and the only name-brand coilover set I know of that was truly engineered for the Maxima. Not the case with any of the Japanese or Taiwanese coilovers, wherin all the adjustments that they want you to think are for tailoring them to your driving style/preference are really there to adapt an inventory of standardized components to hundreds of different applications.

The fact is that with 3 different ways to adjust height and 36 different damper settings (and many more settings/adjustments), there is still about one optimal combination for a given car. The people selling them don't know what that is, and the customer is unlikely to ever discover it. With the Progress system, you get them out of the box and put them on - voila! - the optimal settings (strut length, compresson and rebound damping rate, spring rate combos, etc.) are designed right into the system.

Plus, the Progress Maxima coilovers are bullitproof, as are all of their sport compact coilover sets because so many go straight onto the track. They are designed to be rebuilt, and Progress has an in-house (and very competent) racing lab that is works with customers to custom fine-tune their coilovers to specific vehicles and racing competitions. Its the same no-compromise approach we take when designing Cattman parts. These things are even plated with electroless nickel - the finish is beautiful, and should never corrode.

The flowing shapes of the billet aluminum strut bodies and mounts on the imported brands look trick, but many I've seen lack the strength and rigidity for the incredible lateral pressures that are put on them. I'm talking about bending or snapping in two with potentially catastrophic results. Many cannot be rebuilt, and of those that can, there are often no US-based facilities available to do it. Having in-house custom tuning services (strut tuning, spring matching) are almost unheard of.

Anyway, its a great product and the depth of expertise backing it up at Progress means that customer support or custom work is never far away. I could go on about some of the design elements that set their syle apart but here are just 3 examples of how they defy the current fads to produce a better product at a reasonable price:

1) huge urethane bushings that screw into the (front) spring tops instead of metal-on-metal contact, for a smooth quiet ride
2) no camber plates because no matter how cool they look, they're are a noisy, rapid-wear, rough-riding, unreliable PITA, and camber bolts work better on many cars)
3) no adjustable damping (what? non-adjustable?) for the reason I suggest above, if they're designed properly for the car they're installed on, you don't need adjustable damping on a serious set of coilovers.

Anyway, for those willing to pay a reasonable price for a great, rugged set of US-made and serviced coilovers, you cannot beat the Progress Coilovers for the Maxima. We financed the development project, and these coilovers are an exclusive Cattman Performance product; they are only available from Cattman Performance and a limited number of our distributors. We don't give them away, the price is $1295 for the complete set (with modest discounts for our maxima.org customers, gotta ask for it).

Oh, and here's a bit of trivia about these the Maxima "old-timers" might appreciate - the actual development work, track testing, etc. was done in SoCal while I was working on secondement in New Zealand. Since I coudn't get back and forth easily, Cheston Chiu represented our interests with Progress, and spent a fair amount of time at their facility and trying out various setups on his Maxima at Willow Springs. Cheston was an involved and prominent Maxima owner till the 350Z stole away his affections. Now he's big in that world.

Anyway, thats what comes to mind about the coilovers. Sorry to keep things so brief and with a lot of typos, I finally had carpal tunnel surgery on my hand today, and its slowing me down a little. I'll be glad to answer any other questions you have.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 06-30-2006 | 12:25 AM

im placing my rsb order for my 96 tomorrow morning.
Old 06-30-2006 | 01:41 PM

payment sent for 4th gen RSB.

ian
Old 06-30-2006 | 03:03 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Payment received, and just in time. I sent you an email.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

Originally Posted by gmax96
payment sent for 4th gen RSB.

ian
Old 06-30-2006 | 03:36 PM

hah sweet i made it! hope u will have some exhaust stuff on G/D next time.
thanks
ian
Old 06-30-2006 | 04:49 PM
DONE

hey brian i have a buddy that's checking his finances, can he possibly pay for one tomorrow through paypal? he was just wondering. thanks . and by the way thanks for my RSB, it fit awesome, very easy install, works great, and if DHL would of read the address on the package i would of got it yesterday. thanks and you're a great dealer to deal with
Old 07-01-2006 | 09:00 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by xlcrew
hey brian i have a buddy that's checking his finances, can he possibly pay for one tomorrow through paypal? he was just wondering. thanks . and by the way thanks for my RSB, it fit awesome, very easy install, works great, and if DHL would of read the address on the package i would of got it yesterday. thanks and you're a great dealer to deal with

We'll accept PayPal payments over this weekend (July 1 and 2) at the GD rates (including shipping).

And, for those who missed the sale, we will maintain the same sale prices for ONE WEEK (July 3-9), but SHIPPING IS NOT INCLUDED.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-01-2006 | 11:54 AM

Can I still get in on this? I wanted a Progress RSB for my 2002 Maxima. I will Paypal the money tonight or whenever I get a response. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2006 | 12:29 PM
scoobystoned...

i wantn a 1998 RSB, i will pay pal tonight if thats alright.
Old 07-02-2006 | 02:45 PM

hey u got my tracking # yet brian

thanks
ian
Old 07-03-2006 | 02:26 PM

Omg Omg Omg! My sway bar came in today, just as promised! Ima gonna go install!

THANKS BRIAN!
Old 07-05-2006 | 09:35 PM

I just got my RSB today right on schedule. I can't wait til this weekend til it stops raining so I can install it. Now all we need is a sale on y pipes...
on the service by Brian.
Old 07-05-2006 | 11:31 PM

looking for a rsb for my wife's 2k2. also need a quote for shipping to aiea, HI 96701
Old 07-06-2006 | 05:39 PM

thanks brian i got it today and it looks sweet.
Old 07-06-2006 | 06:35 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by hawnboy
looking for a rsb for my wife's 2k2. also need a quote for shipping to aiea, HI 96701

If you buy this week (by phone before 5pm MST 07 July or by PayPal before 11:59pm MST 09 July) you'll still get the $119 price + $40 shipping. Next week the price goes back to $139 retail (+ shipping).

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-06-2006 | 08:31 PM

So, can I still get the GD price for an RSB for my '04?
Old 07-06-2006 | 09:25 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by DRod
So, can I still get the GD price for an RSB for my '04?
Yes, actually you can. There's a new group deal featuring suspension parts for the 04-06 Maxima PLUS a great deal on the new KYB GR2 struts. You can get there by clicking Cattman 04-06 Maxima Suspension Sale.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-12-2006 | 09:07 PM

My new rsb arrived! Happy! Thanks for the sweet rsb deal and faaaaaaaaaaast shipping. Can't wait to slip it on and take on some twistys. mikey
Old 07-17-2006 | 04:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Is the RSB for a 02 still available for 119 shipped?
Old 07-17-2006 | 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by JiggaD369
Yea crap...I don't know how I missed this thread.
Definately in for $119 shipped, please let us know.
Old 07-17-2006 | 04:38 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by JiggaD369

Sorry, the sale was finished at the end of June. Still a great deal for $140.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-17-2006 | 05:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

140 shipped?
Old 07-17-2006 | 05:20 PM
SHIFT_up

Brian What's up with the STS??? You know i'm dying already!!!
Old 07-17-2006 | 05:53 PM

im sure its been asked a million times ... Id like to purchase the progress springs but I have no idea how rough or soft the ride is ? ... im on tein basics right now and the ride is great ... im pretty convinced that Ksports are toooo rough ... how is the ride of the progress springs ?... super rough, rough, mild, stiff, somewhat soft ? .. im gonna pair them with agx's ... any input Brian ? ... ive got money in hand
Old 07-17-2006 | 07:39 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by ThisMaxIsTight
im sure its been asked a million times ... Id like to purchase the progress springs but I have no idea how rough or soft the ride is ? ... im on tein basics right now and the ride is great ... im pretty convinced that Ksports are toooo rough ... how is the ride of the progress springs ?... super rough, rough, mild, stiff, somewhat soft ? .. im gonna pair them with agx's ... any input Brian ? ... ive got money in hand

I consider the Progress Sport Springs to be moderately stiff - they can be used with the relatively lightweight struts like GR2s or HPs without the front end bouncing (the stiffer springs will still bounce with those struts). Your choice of AGXs is ideal with the Progress springs.

Obviously we're happy to sell you a set of Progress springs - they're clearly our favorite in the "$250 or less" spring category - but I'd like you to feel the money has been well-spent. You indicate that you're pleased with the ride, so why do you want to take off the Teins?

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-18-2006 | 06:06 AM

hey great feedback... sry i should have clarified myself, i own 2 maximas and im doing a suspension on my newest maxima.. i just dont want the progress springs too be too rough but moderaltly stiff sounds like it would suit me well .. i think im going to purchase them from u 2nite ..

oh i almost forgot ... what are the progress's ride heights ? .. is it an even drop ?
Old 07-18-2006 | 06:25 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

hey great feedback... sry i should have clarified myself, i own 2 maximas and im doing a suspension on my newest maxima.. i just dont want the progress springs too be too rough but moderaltly stiff sounds like it would suit me well .. i think im going to purchase them from u 2nite ..

oh i almost forgot ... what are the progress's ride heights ? .. is it an even drop ?

Oh, now I see - that makes sense.

The Progress springs (for 95-99 and 00-03 Maxima) drop the car 1.7" in front, 1.3" in the rear.

BCC
Old 07-18-2006 | 08:57 AM
this place is dead

Are these the same springs you use for the coilovers? I auto-x, and do the occasional track day, so I want good springs and I will sacrfice comfort, but the max will still be a daily driver. I think Bejay1 uses these for auto-x so if that's true I know they can handle it. I am starting to think I don't have the patience for dealing with K-sports(after reading all the related threads) and would rather just go with Progress/AGX.
Old 07-18-2006 | 09:11 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by 97SEdriver
Are these the same springs you use for the coilovers? I auto-x, and do the occasional track day, so I want good springs and I will sacrfice comfort, but the max will still be a daily driver. I think Bejay1 uses these for auto-x so if that's true I know they can handle it. I am starting to think I don't have the patience for dealing with K-sports(after reading all the related threads) and would rather just go with Progress/AGX.

No, the Progress Sport Springs are stock replacement springs (same dimensions as stock, but different progressive spring rates) and the springs that come with the Progress coilovers we sell are typical, small diameter (2.5"), cylindrical coilover springs with linear springs rates.

If combined with a good adjusable strut (AGX or Illumina, NOT Koni), these springs will provide a good compromise between daily street use and weekend auto-x. Not quite as much potential as a decent coilover setup, but none of the small-to-large headaches that can accompany coilover ownership either.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 07-18-2006 | 09:42 AM
this place is dead

So, if I wanted, could I even get linear rates?
Old 07-18-2006 | 09:52 AM

thanks for all the info Brain . im gonna purchase the progress sport springs from you (95-99) ... now that ill have all my springs and strut, what else exactly is needed for a proper strut/spring setup, bumpstops, etc ?? .. im a newb with whats needed ... (as doing prior suspenion on my curect max, i only researched coilovers and not strut/spring ... also do you sell bumpstops and whatever else is needed for the proper setup ?? .. THANKS ! Rick
Old 07-18-2006 | 09:57 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Oops, double posted by mistake.
Old 07-18-2006 | 09:57 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by 97SEdriver
So, if I wanted, could I even get linear rates?

No, the two spring types are vastly different in configuration and are not interchangeable. If you buy lowering springs (any lowering springs that replace the stock springs) they are progressive rate.

OTOH, traditionally if you bought coilovers you got linear rate springs, but I see that the cylindrical coilover-style springs have been made in progressive versions. I'm not sure how this hybrid arrangement works out - I would be skeptical until convinced otherwise...

BCC
Old 07-18-2006 | 10:05 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor

thanks for all the info Brain . im gonna purchase the progress sport springs from you (95-99) ... now that ill have all my springs and strut, what else exactly is needed for a proper strut/spring setup, bumpstops, etc ?? .. im a newb with whats needed ... (as doing prior suspenion on my curect max, i only researched coilovers and not strut/spring ... also do you sell bumpstops and whatever else is needed for the proper setup ?? .. THANKS ! Rick

The finishing touches would be a set of AGX dustboots/bumpstops (combined) to prolong strut life and, if your car has over 50k miles, a replacement pair of Nissan's black, triangular isolator bushings that bolt into the tops of the strut towers (the strut rod comes up through the center with a nut). When you call, we'll be glad to add these to your order.

BCC

Quick Reply: LOWEST Progress RSB & Spring prices NOW @ Cattman