Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Hello all..

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 09:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello all..

I was here years ago with my 1991 Maxima, and unfortunatley my 95 Audi A6 died. So i left audiworld.com to find my original home here at maxima.org I have to move a heavy load of stereo equipment and find out how to mount my 2nd alternator from the audi to the infiniti. But i have 1 quick question. Will the supercharger kit from the Maxima fit the I30. I know they are just about the same but you cane be too sure. thanks!
Old 01-27-2003, 09:59 AM
wat

Re: Hello all..

Originally posted by kamakaziep
I was here years ago with my 1991 Maxima, and unfortunatley my 95 Audi A6 died. So i left audiworld.com to find my original home here at maxima.org I have to move a heavy load of stereo equipment and find out how to mount my 2nd alternator from the audi to the infiniti. But i have 1 quick question. Will the supercharger kit from the Maxima fit the I30. I know they are just about the same but you cane be too sure. thanks!
Aslong as its the same Generation, then yes...
Old 01-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Got Projectors?

Welcome back! I knew that your name, Jack Palazzo, sounded familiar...I finally figured it out!

Apparently I read one of your testimonials on LEDtronics LED "bulbs" before I bought them..

http://www.ledtronics.com/datasheets...ls/testim1.htm

Small world hehe.. As for your question, I imagine the Stillen S/C should work with relatively no problem on your car.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

thats great! I have a set of their compeditors as well they have a single led bulb that is super bright yet its only 1 led. its by ledcorp.com

Small world!
Old 01-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Small world

thats great! I have a set of their compeditors as well they have a single led bulb that is super bright yet its only 1 led. its by ledcorp.com

Small world!
Old 01-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Got Projectors?

How does that bulb from ledcorp.com compare? It seems to me that only 1 LED wouldn't light up the sides of the reflector as well as the ones made by LEDtronics, what's your take on it?
Old 01-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MetaOrbit
Welcome back! I knew that your name, Jack Palazzo, sounded familiar...I finally figured it out!

Apparently I read one of your testimonials on LEDtronics LED "bulbs" before I bought them..

Small world hehe.. As for your question, I imagine the Stillen S/C should work with relatively no problem on your car.
Hey all, I am interested to know if there is an LED bulb (or any type for that matter) that is a dual filament, that when lit in the "not so bright" mode is white, but when on it's brighter cyle is red or orange or yellow.

My i30 now has clear turnsignal lamps (thanks mike), but the bulbs are orange. It is a dual filament bulb, and always stays lit when running lights or headlights are on. Annoying for the orange to fill the clear corners for sure. I would like it to run white, and flash orange, anyone ever heard of any type of bulb that would do this??
Old 01-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by fst96se

Hey all, I am interested to know if there is an LED bulb (or any type for that matter) that is a dual filament, that when lit in the "not so bright" mode is white, but when on it's brighter cyle is red or orange or yellow.

My i30 now has clear turnsignal lamps (thanks mike), but the bulbs are orange. It is a dual filament bulb, and always stays lit when running lights or headlights are on. Annoying for the orange to fill the clear corners for sure. I would like it to run white, and flash orange, anyone ever heard of any type of bulb that would do this??
Hmm...none to my knowledge...probably has to do with the varying voltages between the different color LEDs makes it more difficult (read: more costly/time consuming) to make it work with 12v.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MetaOrbit

Old 01-27-2003, 05:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ledtronics led

The single ledtronics bulb uses a luxeon star led. it is viewable at full intensity t 90 degrees and 70% at 180 degrees. This led will light up the whole reflector. However i also can get you guys the white led to flash whatever color you want. The new RGB leds can make any color. Ill get you more info as soon as i get it figured out..
Old 01-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Got Projectors?

Re: Ledtronics led

Originally posted by kamakaziep
The single ledtronics bulb uses a luxeon star led. it is viewable at full intensity t 90 degrees and 70% at 180 degrees. This led will light up the whole reflector. However i also can get you guys the white led to flash whatever color you want. The new RGB leds can make any color. Ill get you more info as soon as i get it figured out..
Awesome! I had no idea there were manufacturers (other than OEM's) using the Luxeon stars.

Too cool.

You don't know if they'll be coming out with a 194 application do you?
Old 01-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally posted by fst96se

Shwan, I had some cheapo hyperwhite bulbs in mine. They do give a blue reflection when not in use, but are white when turned on. But I imagine you would like to stay leagal with your lighting, being your the law and all.