Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

no light

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 09:24 PM

no light

while i was changing out blue blub for the clear light to super white blub... i think i short curcuit something b/c now my clear light don't work plus ... my radio, A/C unit, and clock light don't work either and i know it's not the blub b/c i tried it out on other parts and it works.... anyone know what is wrong? or what i need to do....
do i just need to change out the fuse? if so where are they located for those area? thanks
Old 02-07-2003, 11:26 PM

you probably blew a fuse...there are various fuse boxes, but the one I think you're looking for is located under the driver's side instrument panel under a cover.

I think you blew fuse 19 or 21. One of those fuses controls the lighting for the radio, hazard switch, clock...
Old 02-08-2003, 12:09 AM

you blew out the fuse. it happened to mine before. those fuses are not normal ones. they are really small. i think i need to go to the dealers and get an extra one.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:49 AM

cool... so u can only get those fuse from the dealers?
Old 02-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Got Projectors?

When I was trying to wire in those new sockets, I blew the fuse for the parking light circuit. I found the fuse for that circuit in a fusebox on the driver's side under the hood. Also, in the fusebox in the passenger compartment there is a fuse puller and 3 extra fuses. Just start checking the fuses for the circuits that aren't working in both boxes and swap out any burnt out fuses.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:32 PM

Originally posted by MetaOrbit
When I was trying to wire in those new sockets, I blew the fuse for the parking light circuit. I found the fuse for that circuit in a fusebox on the driver's side under the hood. Also, in the fusebox in the passenger compartment there is a fuse puller and 3 extra fuses. Just start checking the fuses for the circuits that aren't working in both boxes and swap out any burnt out fuses.
i also have blown fuse and i don't know much about electric part of the cars...... how would u check to see if the fuses are working or not...
Old 02-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by virus99

don't know anything about wiring the cars up so... how would u check to see if the fuses are working or not...
Well, find the fuse for the circuit that isn't functioning. There is a diagram on the door of each fusebox that details the purpose of each fuse. When you find the fuse you're looking for, pull it out, and hold it up to a light. The piece of metal in there will be in one piece, continuous throughout if it's good. If it's bad, the metal strip inside will either be broken, or look charred.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:49 PM

Well, find the fuse for the circuit that isn't functioning. There is a diagram on the door of each fusebox that details the purpose of each fuse. When you find the fuse you're looking for, pull it out, and hold it up to a light. The piece of metal in there will be in one piece, continuous throughout if it's good. If it's bad, the metal strip inside will either be broken, or look charred.
I c thanks for the tip
Old 02-08-2003, 11:54 PM

Thanks it's finally working now. The clear light with super white looks great much better then blue blub that came with it.
Old 02-09-2003, 11:20 AM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by ][ 35

Thanks it's finally working now. The clear light with super white looks great much better then blue blub that came with it.
Glad it worked out. I didn't like the blue bulb either. The way I drive, I don't want to give a cop any reason to pull me over. So I went and bought some amber 194 bulbs and popped them in there.

Looks nice and clear in the day and just like stock at night!
Old 02-09-2003, 02:30 PM

i found the fuse that was blown and i replaced it and it worked find...but it's blown again.... and when i put in new one... it don't work but it just blows the fuse... any idea?
Old 02-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by ][ 35
i found the fuse that was blown and i replaced it and it worked find...but it's blown again.... and when i put in new one... it don't work but it just blows the fuse... any idea?
Which fuse is it? Almost sounds like to me that you've got a short circuit. Something like where a + and - wire are exposed and make contact every now and then, and if it's popping immediately, then they're probably in contact right now. If it's on your tail lamp circuit...I'd go back and check the wiring for the clear bumper lense bulb sockets if you used the aftermarket ones.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:15 PM

Which fuse is it? Almost sounds like to me that you've got a short circuit. Something like where a + and - wire are exposed and make contact every now and then, and if it's popping immediately, then they're probably in contact right now. If it's on your tail lamp circuit...I'd go back and check the wiring for the clear bumper lense bulb sockets if you used the aftermarket ones.
when u said short circuit like + is in contact with - ... b/c i might have done that when i was trying to make the front clear light wire tab fit and kind of jammed them in after narrowing them down with dremel.... so if they are in contact with each other.... so + and -... that is why it's keep blowing my fuse right after i put them in?
so to fix this... all i have to do is just rewire them? and it will be fine.... or did i messed up the whole wiring in the car that it's going to take much more to fix then just seperating the + and -...
Old 02-09-2003, 07:41 PM
Got Projectors?

when u said short circuit like + is in contact with - ... b/c i might have done that when i was trying to make the front clear light wire tab fit and kind of jammed them in after narrowing them down with dremel.... so if they are in contact with each other.... so + and -... that is why it's keep blowing my fuse right after i put them in?
so to fix this... all i have to do is just rewire them? and it will be fine.... or did i messed up the whole wiring in the car that it's going to take much more to fix then just seperating the + and -...
Well, it would go like this:

If you have the new sockets and all wired up, and there is any chance that the + and - wires can make contact with each other, then it will continue to pop fuses when they do touch. So if those metal tabs could possibly rub against each other, then it's bad. Some temp. solutions could be to get some electrical tape and individually cover any exposed metal on each wire (don't wrap the wires,tabs,taps,etc. up together!). Also, you could get some vinyl heat shrink and use that to cover the exposed (read:conductive) metal.

Let me know if that makes sense. If not, I'll take another shot at clearing it up.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:53 PM

Well, it would go like this:

If you have the new sockets and all wired up, and there is any chance that the + and - wires can make contact with each other, then it will continue to pop fuses when they do touch. So if those metal tabs could possibly rub against each other, then it's bad. Some temp. solutions could be to get some electrical tape and individually cover any exposed metal on each wire (don't wrap the wires,tabs,taps,etc. up together!). Also, you could get some vinyl heat shrink and use that to cover the exposed (read:conductive) metal.

Let me know if that makes sense. If not, I'll take another shot at clearing it up.
i'm just worried that i mess up the whole eletrical wiring in my car..... as long as i just rewire them now it is going to be okay or am i too late that my wiring is messed up now
Old 02-09-2003, 08:00 PM
Got Projectors?

i'm just worried that i mess up the whole eletrical wiring in my car..... as long as i just rewire them now it is going to be okay or am i too late that my wiring is messed up now
If all that's happening is that you're popping fuses then that means the fuses are doing their job - preventing the short circuit from damaging anything else.

So, if you have them wired properly now, and make sure there is no exposed metal touching, then you should no longer pop fuses, and you shouldn't have to worry about any other damage.