Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Eibachs = Rough Ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003 | 12:54 PM

Eibachs = Rough Ride

Hey all, I recently put in a set of eibach pro kit springs for my 01 i30. I drove home this weekend to NYC, and i gotta say the ride quality now BLOWS. Im gonna switch back to stock, but before i do i wanna be sure that i am not just doin somethin wrong... Im runnin 35psi in my tires, and my wheels are stock 16". Its too bad, cause the ride is great on the highway, but pathetic in the streets. An infiniti is just not supposed to bounce along like some honda civic with cut springs. I think im gonna quit modding and just wait for the 350z like I should have in the 1st place...

Sorry, i gotta vent...
Old 04-28-2003 | 01:32 PM
Got Projectors?

Re: Eibachs = Rough Ride

Originally posted by JSpecMax
Hey all, I recently put in a set of eibach pro kit springs for my 01 i30. I drove home this weekend to NYC, and i gotta say the ride quality now BLOWS. Im gonna switch back to stock, but before i do i wanna be sure that i am not just doin somethin wrong... Im runnin 35psi in my tires, and my wheels are stock 16". Its too bad, cause the ride is great on the highway, but pathetic in the streets. An infiniti is just not supposed to bounce along like some honda civic with cut springs. I think im gonna quit modding and just wait for the 350z like I should have in the 1st place...

Sorry, i gotta vent...
I know eibachs are supposed to ride rough...but even with 16" wheels? Think maybe you need some KYB GR-2s or Tokico Blues instead of stock struts?
Old 04-28-2003 | 08:10 PM

Sorry, i gotta vent...
i am thinking of getting jic magic coilovers
no need to wait...its already available..
Old 04-28-2003 | 08:31 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Sorry, i gotta vent...
You might want to check your struts, you should not be bouncing around. Yes, they should be a little rougher, but not bouncy,

Yes, my car rides a little rougher, but the cornering is 10X better.

You sound a lot different then when you first installed the springs, why did things change???
Old 05-02-2003 | 03:20 PM
TheyCallMeSteel

I have the H&R's on my I35, with factory springs and I love the look. The ride is fine as well.
Old 05-02-2003 | 04:15 PM

Originally posted by TheyCallMeSteel
I have the H&R's on my I35, with factory springs and I love the look. The ride is fine as well.

H&R's and factory Springs? I bet that was complicated to install.

Old 05-02-2003 | 06:31 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally posted by Tapio

H&R's and factory Springs? I bet that was complicated to install.

Old 05-02-2003 | 07:01 PM
TheyCallMeSteel

I meant.. LoL... H&R'S and factory shocks.. lol.. Me smart.
Old 05-03-2003 | 10:30 PM

You have too much pressure in your tires man, you should have no more then 32 psi in all of them as your cold pressure. I have a stock 98 with factory wheels on it and the manual recomends 29psi. I would bet if you lowered the pressure a bit, you would change your mind about the ride.
Old 05-05-2003 | 09:13 AM

Originally posted by infinitiman96
You have too much pressure in your tires man, you should have no more then 32 psi in all of them as your cold pressure. I have a stock 98 with factory wheels on it and the manual recomends 29psi. I would bet if you lowered the pressure a bit, you would change your mind about the ride.
Hmmm pretty interesting. Im gonna check my manual about that one... thanks!
Old 05-06-2003 | 07:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Did someone say that the ride changed after driving for a while on the new springs, or was bouncy and junk right off? Eibach springs on stock struts will probably wreek havoc on your struts, especialy if the infiniti struts are tuned less agressively than the maxima struts. I had eibachs on my 96 Maxima SE, and it was fine. I had progress springs on Toks on my i30, and even with a coil cut they felt great.

BTW Mike, everyweek I try to pick up another VQ at auction and I can't do it!
Old 05-06-2003 | 10:02 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally posted by fst96se
Did someone say that the ride changed after driving for a while on the new springs, or was bouncy and junk right off? Eibach springs on stock struts will probably wreek havoc on your struts, especialy if the infiniti struts are tuned less agressively than the maxima struts. I had eibachs on my 96 Maxima SE, and it was fine. I had progress springs on Toks on my i30, and even with a coil cut they felt great.

BTW Mike, everyweek I try to pick up another VQ at auction and I can't do it!
Did you sell the I30 with the progress on it or did you take them off? If you still have them I'll take them off your hands, I want to go a bit lower.
Old 05-09-2003 | 08:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

Did you sell the I30 with the progress on it or did you take them off? If you still have them I'll take them off your hands, I want to go a bit lower.
Of course I left them on... Still kicking myself. Every max I see at auction needs em, and I don't want to buy them again. The guy that bought the car couldn't apreciate them I am sure, but it looked so bad without them!
Old 05-10-2003 | 07:40 PM

Hey all, Im glad to report the ride has improved greatly. I am not running the recommended 33 front, 30 rear psi. Its not bad, just looks/feels too low. Maybe im just paranoid tho. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-23-2003 | 03:30 PM

Sorry, i gotta vent...
i have eibachs on my 98 I30t too dude and the ride is excellent. you have to expect some harshness for sure but not like you're describing it. and you also have to switch your struts/shocks when you lower your car. the stock struts/shocks can't handle lowered springs. there's H&Rs which are the softest then you have Eibachs, and if you think Eibachs are a rough ride there's nothing else out there that will be better i think. you might as well go back to stock then.