Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004 | 10:24 PM

remote starter

hey guys, i am looking to install one of those LCD alarm system into my 2002 I35, it will also include the remote start function. I am not sure if the key has a chip in it or does it even matter. I need to gather some info before I go out there and throw my wallet away. any info would be great ~~~~ thx
Old 01-10-2004 | 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by sanf38
hey guys, i am looking to install one of those LCD alarm system into my 2002 I35, it will also include the remote start function. I am not sure if the key has a chip in it or does it even matter. I need to gather some info before I go out there and throw my wallet away. any info would be great ~~~~ thx
I just installed my UltraStart 4500XR remote starter/LCD pager alarm today....the only problem i had was the doors will lock but wont unlock, so i'll have to use my stock keyless entry as well as the pager to do everything until i can get a hold of support from Ultra Start.....oh another thing was the trunk release wasn't working on the pager either...... but everything else was awesome, remote starter works perfect Forget all the horror stories these guys will tell you, get a good quality product with a warrenty and make sure it's installed professionally!

Marps
Old 01-11-2004 | 05:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

First check out the Clifford matrix or G series. I didn't mess with trying to install it myself but since you do have a Foreign car you will need a bypass which I bought off of a car alarm site for 25 bucks while the install place had it for 65. Check out this site for the peice you'll need.

Factory bypass

Second I recommend the extra money spent to get an authorized installer to install it. From what the guy at the shop that installed told me he it had to call Infiniti to 'perfect' everything. The Matrix alarm I have has all the convience, doors, trunk, auto start a nice carbon fiber remote and my favorite a carjacking feature where you have to punch in a key combination everytime you take the car out of park or open and close any door or it will shut off in several seconds.

If you like that whole remote pager crap you can get a aftermarket aux remote off ebay for another $75 thats compatible. Clifford also has addons like tilt sensor, and one button window roll down for the aux ports the alarm comes with. Check out Cliford

Bottom line man...
Unless you got the skills and patience to do the install yourself treat your 'I' right and leave it in the professionals. You don't want to spend all you money on the car itself just to realize a theif caught you slippin' with a half *** install

E..A..G..L..E..S !!!!!
Damn another overtime
Old 01-12-2004 | 11:10 AM

thanks for the info.. definitely helps. I went to bestbuy and they said i need to obtain an extra key from the dealer. They are going to rip apart the key and use the chip in it then install it into the new alarm system. I am goign to check out other places 1st because the bestbuy i went to is all booked up until March.. lol
Old 01-12-2004 | 07:58 PM

Auto start on I35 is very tricky so i would get a pro. to install it.... and also instead of getting a whole extra key from the dealer which will cost a whole lot..... just use the valet key....

that is what i did...... it works great....
Old 01-20-2004 | 08:21 AM

best one that i have seen so far is the new Prestige car alarm with auto start. The new LCD one. It has auto start, will open close anything, show the temp inside the car (the pager itself shows the temp of your car). Had theft bypasses, like you have to have the key in the ignition to drive it. Brake pedal turns off the car. Has alarm, fuel and spark cutoff. Nice system. I currently have the New Compustar, and I feel like kicking myself in the *** for not putting in the prestige one.