Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

hids in cefiros

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 04:34 PM

hids in cefiros

hey i wanna put hids in my cefiros but im not sure which HIDs i wanna get. Can someone tell me what they got and if its good or not? If you can please try to include prices and where you got em.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:02 PM

any HID conversion kit is going to cost you some money. ones that i have seen are like 350, and 400. if you are just getting it because you want blue or white tinted bulbs, i would just buy xenon/krypton bulbs. i have white plasmaglow xenon/krypton bulbs, they run at about 90 watts. yoou will need to purchase and upgrade harness. in total you will probably spend about 60 bux total to do this, once again its more cost effective if you want alil more light and or colored bulbs. I myself think the yellow oem bulbs are unclassy
Old 02-23-2004, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by SuBXeRo
any HID conversion kit is going to cost you some money. ones that i have seen are like 350, and 400. if you are just getting it because you want blue or white tinted bulbs, i would just buy xenon/krypton bulbs. i have white plasmaglow xenon/krypton bulbs, they run at about 90 watts. yoou will need to purchase and upgrade harness. in total you will probably spend about 60 bux total to do this, once again its more cost effective if you want alil more light and or colored bulbs. I myself think the yellow oem bulbs are unclassy
if you can get a philips set, it would be perfect. However any and all HID retrofits (non-oem, even in an OEM housing thats not made for hids) are now illegal... So the only place you can get them just about is ebay now. Also, if the cefiros are not made for HIDS, you will be blinding people left and right with HIDs, please do not do the general public a dis-service by putting HIDs in a non HID housing, you'll **** off way too many people.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:09 PM

I have done an HID retrofit before and never got flashed once. You just need to make sure that your headlamps are aimed properly and geta quality kit that is aligned with where the original fillament would be.

I just bought a kit from www.autolamps-online.com. Their kits are supposedly all Philips and they are in England so they can sell you the kit.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by NewLoveI30
I have done an HID retrofit before and never got flashed once. You just need to make sure that your headlamps are aimed properly and geta quality kit that is aligned with where the original fillament would be.

I just bought a kit from www.autolamps-online.com. Their kits are supposedly all Philips and they are in England so they can sell you the kit.
Please tell me how you align it where the original filament would be? The bulb is not only longer for HID, but there is also no filament, nor is the light dispersion the same...
Old 02-25-2004, 09:40 AM

When you buy a retrofit kit they have to rebase the D2S or D2R bulbs in order to fit in the OEM bulb socket. If you buy a quality kit, when they re-base the bulb they will align the two electrodes (with HID), where the fillament is on the origional bulb. This ensures that your beam pattern will be the same since the light source (little capsule in HID bulb) will be in the same place as the stock light source (fillament in the halogen bulb).

You cant really do anything about the galre unless you retrofit an HID projector or something. But like I said, I have an HID kit on my other car and nobody has ever complained.

IMO, a good factory HID OR retrofit is less agrivating than halogen lamps that are not aimed correctly, like the people who lift their trucks and dont even think about re-aiming their headlights downwards.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Pizda Boy

i have 5th gen maxima hid's in my 4th gen and not once in my life did I get flashed...i just aimed my headlights as much as i could toward the ground. . .

Sam
Old 02-25-2004, 07:30 PM

hey NewLove whats up with your HID Kit ? im looking at a hellios kit with my cuz. anybody know anything about the company? heres the site. anybody have any comments?

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/hid.htm
Old 03-01-2004, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by mikeI302k
hey NewLove whats up with your HID Kit ? im looking at a hellios kit with my cuz. anybody know anything about the company? heres the site. anybody have any comments?

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/hid.htm
I just did a retrofit for an 02' RSX-S with H1 bulbs... 1hour retrofit (have to take bumper off for this car) and it looks bomb diggity sitting next to my car.... Sigh...its bluer...however mine are brighter since im 4300k and the rsx is 6500k... maybe ill get soe 8000k for my high-beams, and blind the hell out of the darkness lol.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:26 PM

All I can say is...SWEET!!!

These are the best looking HIDs Ive seen. I got the 6000k kit from www.hid-online.com, so I guess they are not a bright as the 4100k, but the color is killer. This kit is all Philips

I was afraid that they were going to look too purple, but it is a crisp, clear blue. When next to people with OEM HID the light they put on the ground looks yellow compaired to mine.

I did a badass install too, if i do say so myself. I used the wiring harness that comes with the kit (to make sure the ballasts get 12volts all the time), which run directly to the battery, so I wraped the wires in loom and zip-tied it across the underside of the radiator support. Any exposed wires I ran through loom and wrapped with electric tape for the OEM look.

I mounted tha ballasts under the headlights, on top of the foglights. There is a nice plastic shelf to mount them to. This location is nice because I dont have to worry about mounting them in a vertical position and they seem protected from the elements.

All in all, Im stoked!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:36 PM
Banned

I did conversion 2 years ago in my 98 i30.
Used "K2" 6000K kit.
http://store1.yimg.com/I/sports-imports_1781_2571037

Color looks perfect. Like Acura or Audi.
Better than Infiniti stock HID on 2k i30.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:53 AM

I just bought stock i35 headlights. they cost me $400.00 from ebay. they were not stolen. i looked into that. I cant wait to put them in. o and lenny i might get the HID kit from arkady for my high beams and blind the sh*t out of the darkness lol.