Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

hi... need help with neon choosing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hi... need help with neon choosing...

HI.. i've got an olive green infiniti I30 2003...
which looks like this...:
http://www.nissan-me.com/interactiv...ages/max_b2.jpg

if i am into buying this item, which colour would u suggest??
http://store.dragracing.com/product....=1304&catid=56

thank you.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by kal59
HI.. i've got an olive green infiniti I30 2003...
which looks like this...:
http://www.nissan-me.com/interactiv...ages/max_b2.jpg

if i am into buying this item, which colour would u suggest??
http://store.dragracing.com/product....=1304&catid=56

thank you.
AAAAAHHHH.... i would suggest not to put neon under your I30. If you want to brighten up your car at night, I would suggest HID (or HID-like) headlight, plasma white fog light and side markers. That's my suggestion.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:37 PM

If he's got a 2003, it's got HID...... But then again didn't the I30 stop in 2001/2002? If its 2003 its an I35, no?
Old 03-27-2004, 05:21 PM

ub would look good go for it, but buy streetglows
Old 03-27-2004, 10:07 PM

if u want to put ground effects on, buy a honda!

Seeing as you have an Infiniti you might want to invest the money you would spend into something worth while, like a chip or exhaust component...
Old 03-28-2004, 11:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

sorry guys but its not olve green its golden, i dont know why do i keep calling it olive green... anyways, about the i30 or i35, am not sure which is which, coz in my country its called NISSAN MAXIMA S.Touring, thats why i put on a link that shows the exact picture of the car.... with the headlights, read wing, with side-mirrors that have indicators in them.... all that... i know that putting the performance mods are better than appearance, but again, i want it to improve in appearance, coz its just too dull... thats why i was asking for suggestions, on which neon colour light to put on... thanks...

P.S. its golden , not olive green.. sorry..
Old 03-28-2004, 02:17 PM

well if u want sum neons ub kits are always nice IMO otherwise do int neon work, underthe seats headliner under dash leds in vents things like that.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:45 AM

Personally I dont like neon. If you really want lights under your car, I have seen someone put a series of white LEDs along the bottom of the sidesills. Not only does it add a glow to the underside of the car, it still looks classy IMO.

I really wouldent put on neons...

But its your car, so whatever you do, Have fun with it!
Old 03-29-2004, 01:29 PM

led UB kits arent that good for ground effects, the "glow" isntthat same as neons. but then again it depends on what look u are going for with your car
Old 03-29-2004, 03:18 PM
attomica

I don't know. In my world, I30s are cars described with words like "mature", "elegant" and "high-class". Putting neons on an I30 is described with words like "stupid", "gay", "ugly", "cheap" and "rice". But that's here. I guess they're okay where you are.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:46 PM

I agree with you that the I30's are classy cars, i agree with that 10 fold, but then again how many classy cars do you see with UB kits. if you think about it there are quite a few. its the pimp look IMO. i mean i like it personally, it kinda gives a spin on things. When you do certaint hings to these cars you change the image. once its lowered and its gots rims, your Classy car has just turned into luxury racer IMO But its still classy. and when you throw lights on that just gives it a better effect. Once again IMO it still holds a classy look. These "changes" differ for each age group, and lighting is generally for the younger ones like me. I havent seen many ppl with my type car with neons on them. i know of one and i havent seen pics of them on. But IMO once again i thinks its naive for someone to think it is "rice" or "gay" without seeing what it really looks like on these cars.

Plus just one other thing, everyone has diff prefs for their cars. Some have performance as their top priority, Others have Audio, Others have Lighting, And others have Style (exterior mods) so to speak.

We all love our cars, so just for the hell of it just appease everyone here and be interested in what their projects may turn out to be. Keep an open mind about things. Lighting is something that is rarely done to these cars in a magnitude of any size, besides leds in the headlights. Its nice to have sumthing different once in while.

so all in all just keep an open mind, and for the betterness of us all just keep the nasty opinions to yourselves
Old 03-30-2004, 07:57 AM
attomica

Originally Posted by CrystalClearI30
I agree with you that the I30's are classy cars, i agree with that 10 fold, but then again how many classy cars do you see with UB kits. if you think about it there are quite a few. its the pimp look IMO. i mean i like it personally, it kinda gives a spin on things. When you do certaint hings to these cars you change the image. once its lowered and its gots rims, your Classy car has just turned into luxury racer IMO But its still classy. and when you throw lights on that just gives it a better effect. Once again IMO it still holds a classy look. These "changes" differ for each age group, and lighting is generally for the younger ones like me. I havent seen many ppl with my type car with neons on them. i know of one and i havent seen pics of them on. But IMO once again i thinks its naive for someone to think it is "rice" or "gay" without seeing what it really looks like on these cars.

We all love our cars, so just for the hell of it just appease everyone here and be interested in what their projects may turn out to be. Keep an open mind about things. Lighting is something that is rarely done to these cars in a magnitude of any size, besides leds in the headlights. Its nice to have sumthing different once in while.

so all in all just keep an open mind, and for the betterness of us all just keep the nasty opinions to yourselves
I appreciate your diplomatic comments. It shows a level of maturity that is oddly in contrast with what you're advocating.

Infiniti occupies a position in the luxury car category that's not too far from Mercedes, BMW, etc. and it's right on par with Lexus and Audi. Would you put neons on any of these cars? Good God, I hope not. But, I'm left to wonder because you seem to know Infiniti's stature.

"but then again how many classy cars do you see with UB kits"
Well, you don't see that stuff on "classy" cars because everyone except your tiny segment of the driving population knows that it's just uncool.

"When you do certaint hings to these cars you change the image. once its lowered and its gots rims, your Classy car has just turned into luxury racer IMO But its still classy"
What? "Luxury racer"? What is that?

"...and lighting is generally for the younger ones like me."
That's why "younger ones" usually have Civics, Integras, Cavaliers, etc. You're already out of the norm by having an elegant car like the I30.

"I havent seen many ppl with my type car with neons on them."
Again, that's because owners of these cars are more mature and don't feel the need to have a "pimp ride". Which leads me to another thought. If your main drive is to be different, can't you achieve that by not putting neons (or any other "dress-up" items) on your car? Since the rest of your "crew" has them, wouldn't you be different then?

i thinks its naive for someone to think it is "rice" or "gay" without seeing what it really looks like on these cars.
What makes you think I haven't seen them before? I have seen then on an I30 before and, well, I thought it looked "ricey" and "gay"...all at the same time.

"We all love our cars, so just for the hell of it just appease everyone here and be interested in what their projects may turn out to be."
I'm think it's important for anyone doing research on any subject to get every perspective they can. So, I'm just offering mine, right or wrong.

I may not be as open-minded as you like, but I know how neons look and I know they belong on Civics, Neons,etc., not a car like the I30. Open-mindedness has no bearing on facts. The thread starter was asking about something which I find is the complete opposite in character to the I30, so I offered my opinion. It can be ignored or embraced as the pure truth, as it should be.

I understand you're a little kid with a probable love for MTV, spiked hair, piercings and baggy pants, but seriously, give the I30 (and the rest of us mature I30 owners) some respect.

Last thing...It's obvious my standards are different from yours, but I do give you credit for your smooth demeanor.

Now, leave the I30 alone!

Old 03-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by MarpsI30t
if u want to put ground effects on, buy a honda!

Seeing as you have an Infiniti you might want to invest the money you would spend into something worth while, like a chip...
Well, there are no chips made for an Infiniti I30 or I35, so that shoots your credability in the @$$...
Old 04-01-2004, 05:47 PM

im far from that stupid punk boy band wanna be look. far far far from it. im not "ghetto" either. i hate mtv personally, except for like pimp my ride and the ocassional techno videos shows. i follow more of the club persona. just to clarify my statement on the "luxury racer" i meant it as in the fact that most luxury cars arent raced if you get what im going after. it looks like a lux racer.

despite what you may think around here there arent that many kids in my group atleast with any interest in the the auto neon corporation. Im trying to go for a different look then what alot of other people have.

The area im from well the two towns we combine tinto a highschool well its a rich bunch of kids spoiled through the ***. one kid well 2 got brand new g35; 1 4 door and 1 2 door, both fully loaded, then you got the other kids witht hey old muscle cars that they are restoring things like that. other than me and like one other person we prob spent the most on our cars. Money that WE earned. In my area you need to pull your own weight. The I30 i bought all myself pretty good for a 16 year old if i do say so myself. i have no clue why i wrote this but im just goinna leave this section in anyways lol, i wrote it might as well keep it. it may have some significance

as soon as i get my car working right again when i fix my eletrical probs ill get some pics going for you guys. its just a totally different outlook on this car IMO. All in all this is my new hobby something to keep me busy. riught now my car would prob look ricey with the neons on, but then again i got a few other things to do to fix it to my preference.

In my eyes its my little racer and its my first car. I had standards for my car and i wasnt gonna waste it on something that didnt have a prestige image, and couldnt hold its own.

Hopefully i can try and chnage some peoples opinions on the neons and take the i30 customization in another unwalked direction
Old 04-01-2004, 06:23 PM

We sell multi colored ones in our show by street glow and it is actually an led kit ,unlike the neon its not as bright but alot more relible.
7 colors 25paterns
275 installed...
Old 04-01-2004, 06:44 PM

yeah i know. SuBXeRo wrote a nice comparison on the streetglow forums about the differences btw LED and Neon
Old 04-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

the thing abt neons being rice or not, is just a stupid thing.. sorry if its kinda offensive... but in my country, the infiniti I35 is not INFINITI.. its called a NISSAN MAXIMA, and its not that of a high class car, but on the other hand, i respect it more than a merc(i hate mercs!) so.. i just want to know which colour would suit my golden I35... i was thinking purple, since purple goes well with golden... what u guys think??

P.S. CrystalClearI30 i would be more than happy to see ur finished car.. good luck...
Old 04-02-2004, 08:28 AM
attomica

You should get pink. If you're gonna go, go all the way.

Old 04-02-2004, 11:56 AM

gold.. thats a tough color to work with. green wouldnt go, PINK wouldnt go, teal nahm red nah, white nah, i would go with blue. gold is a hard color to work with so the best would be blue most likely
Old 04-02-2004, 01:26 PM
attomica

Yeah, but PINK is the gayest and if you're gonna be gay, be TOTALLY gay, not just a little gay.
What's with you kids going all half-assed these days?

Old 04-02-2004, 10:41 PM

Look, I'm kind of new to posting but I couldn't resist.
Neons?WTF? Maybe gay or rice, definitly cheesy IMO. If you don't agree STFU. Go ahead and get lots of fiberglass body parts too because you should change the way your car looks. I don't want some FU'd POS with lots of crappy aftermarket parts even resembling my car. I would hope nobody draws any comparesons from your pillow biting car to my nice sedan. Have fun and pack-the-fudge while you're at it. In my opinion.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:59 PM

One more thing, since you seem to be blind, should I remove the dental floss blindfold, or just unzip your eyes? Because you must be a gook.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

blue would be nice.. yeah. thats a good thing.... but now am thinking if neons are put up, then a front lip is needed, and prolly side spoilers.... yes? no?
but then again, it just adds a brand new story line...
Old 04-04-2004, 05:21 PM

you dont need a bod kit, just install them, they show alittle on the sides, and on the back wwhere the muffler cut out it int he bumper, it shows alittle on the sides, im trying to find a way to counter act that.

and why they let some people express their "Gay", "Fudge-Packing", Ricer opinions on this board , i dunno, im guessing he didnt read anything before, just sounds to me like they are little children and cant handle others opinions without vulgar terms such as "Gay" or "Fudge-Packing". sounds to me like you guys should buy hondas, especially those "GAY" civics, those cars should treat your "Fudge-Packed" asses nicely.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I am sick of this thread