Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Swapping out your plain rear view mirror for fancier one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004 | 10:51 AM

Swapping out your plain rear view mirror for fancier one!!!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that if you are interested in swapping out your rearview mirror with a fancier one, or if you have a rearview mirror but no wire or mounting kit or harness to make it work, this guy can get you anything you need!

Bob Prim is his name and he sells everything for rearview mirrors including the mirrors themselves. He has all wiring, all mounting kits, all glue, all harnesses and all mirrors including self-dimming, digital thermometer, digital compass, and homelink mirrors for any car.

He is a great guy to do business with. I just purchased wire, a mounting kit, and a harness for a mirror I purchased off Ebay from someone and they did not send me the harness. Bob is great! Please use him for all of your rearview mirror needs. GREAT PRICES ALSO!

To purchase from him or find out more about what he has, email him at mirrors@qtm.net

Please mention that John Jackson referred you to him.

Thanks and have a great day everyone.
Old 09-23-2004 | 10:59 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

You don't even know if it works yet. You might want to hold off on your enthusiasm for this guy
Old 09-23-2004 | 11:07 AM

UGH, fine fine. Man, you are a very negative person.

I am giving this info out because myself and another ORG member bought mirrors with no harness and it was a ***** finding someon to sell just the harness. We finally found this guy who has original parts and sells pieces and so I though it would be a nice jesture to share his info.

The only reason why it wouldn't work is if I can't wire it up correctly. Then it is not his problem, it's mine.

Geese.
Old 09-23-2004 | 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dr.Monkey1313
UGH, fine fine. Man, you are a very negative person.

I am giving this info out because myself and another ORG member bought mirrors with no harness and it was a ***** finding someon to sell just the harness. We finally found this guy who has original parts and sells pieces and so I though it would be a nice jesture to share his info.

The only reason why it wouldn't work is if I can't wire it up correctly. Then it is not his problem, it's mine.

Geese.

I am not being negative. I am being realistic. So you post two threads about how this guy is so great and his products are great. Yet you don't even have it yet.

IMO, it's not right to be posting this until you know it works. What if 5 guys go buy this stuff because they see this thread. Then the product turns out not to work the guy wont' refund money.....then what?

Sharing info is great....once you have all the info.

There are tons of products out there that have seemed to be great, but once you get down to it they don't work or dont' fit.

Use some common sense
Old 09-23-2004 | 11:24 AM

All right fine. F it!

Everyone forget I ever posted this info along with any other info that I have posted trying to help. For a while the Org. seemed to be a great place to get info and meet other people into the same things, but lately, the experience has gone way down hill. I see a newbie ask a simple question about something and everyone and their grandmother jumps on his *** and calls him a looser and tells him how dumb he is. I try and share info that I have found helpful and get a freeking sermon on how it is not good to share that until I know if it is good or not. I got the guy's name from the freekin Gentex Mirror rep!!! I highly doubt they would recommend him without knowing if he was reputable!!!!!

ALSO, I figured that everyone on here is a big boy or girl and can use their brains and decide what to do. Don't you think that each individual can think to themselves, hmm maybe I will wait and see how his products are before ordering them, or maybe I will contact the guy and ask a few questions before ordering.???????? Everyone is old and smart enough to make decisions for themselves I think.

IN CLOSING, I get it now, keep my mouth shut until I have all of the info, stop sharing, thinking I am being helpful, because I am not, and stop asking stupid questions even if I really want help with something on the Org. and hope that someone can help me here. Thanks for the eye opener; I have learned my lesson now................
Old 09-23-2004 | 12:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Don't take it like that Doc! From what I've read so far, you've seem very enthusiastic about hooking up your ride and sharing your good and bad experiences with us has been great! I believe MikeD just wants to make sure that your rep stays clean in case....just in case this referral doesn't come thru.
....keep posting Doc

Old 09-23-2004 | 12:33 PM

speye022: Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I am just ****ed because I never said the parts were great, I don't know that yet. I just said this guy was nice and has been great do deal with so far and that I purchased some hard to find parts from him. That's all. I figured if I had a hard time finding these parts, then maybe others out there have had the same problem. So, I researched for a few hours one day all over the place and was referred to this guy by Gentex. They said he is the guy I want to speak with.

Anyway, It's been a long few weeks for me and I am on edge as it is. Sorry about that.

Thanks again for the kind words. Have a good day.
Old 09-23-2004 | 12:59 PM

All right fine. F it!

Everyone forget I ever posted this info along with any other info that I have posted trying to help. For a while the Org. seemed to be a great place to get info and meet other people into the same things, but lately, the experience has gone way down hill. I see a newbie ask a simple question about something and everyone and their grandmother jumps on his *** and calls him a looser and tells him how dumb he is. I try and share info that I have found helpful and get a freeking sermon on how it is not good to share that until I know if it is good or not. I got the guy's name from the freekin Gentex Mirror rep!!! I highly doubt they would recommend him without knowing if he was reputable!!!!!

ALSO, I figured that everyone on here is a big boy or girl and can use their brains and decide what to do. Don't you think that each individual can think to themselves, hmm maybe I will wait and see how his products are before ordering them, or maybe I will contact the guy and ask a few questions before ordering.???????? Everyone is old and smart enough to make decisions for themselves I think.

IN CLOSING, I get it now, keep my mouth shut until I have all of the info, stop sharing, thinking I am being helpful, because I am not, and stop asking stupid questions even if I really want help with something on the Org. and hope that someone can help me here. Thanks for the eye opener; I have learned my lesson now................

Good lord Get your panties out of a bunch. All I am doing is trying to keep things balanced and with some perspective. If you had been here longer you would know that many times parts don't work out even when things seems look on the up and up. I hope it works out, I hope this guy is the anwser to all your wiring needs....If you want to contribute, then get the parts, install them, do a write up with pics, and I will put it in the FAQ's.

People think that every post needs to be responded with "way to go" and "thumbs up" smilies....
Old 09-23-2004 | 01:07 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD

People think that every post needs to be responded with "way to go" and "thumbs up smilies"....

Oh...to be a again.
Old 09-27-2004 | 02:15 PM

Well, despite my hesitation to post any more about this, I just wanted to let everyone know that I received the products I ordered from the guy above to install my new mirror. The products arrived in 2 days and are great quality. He also included instructions on installing as well as calibration instructions for the Digital Compass.

After speaking with this guy for over 2 weeks now, I can also tell you that he has answered my emails within about 10 minutes every time I have emailed him no matter what time day or night. So I can say from personal experience that his customer service has been great!!!

Anyway, just thought I would give you an update.
Old 09-27-2004 | 04:37 PM
Armed and Dangerous

So lets say I order a 99 i30 mirrior that has the outside temp/ compass display. This guy can get me everything I need to make the conversion work?
Old 09-27-2004 | 06:52 PM

i30Ds: Yup sure can. He can get you anything and everything related to mirrors for cars including the mirrors themselves. And like I said earlier, he was great to do business with. Quick response, very helpeful, knowledgable, and friendly.

My experience was great with this guy and I am sure yours will be as well. Just let me know what happens if you don't mind.
Old 09-28-2004 | 07:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Check out the site http://www.donnelly.com/products/default.asp
Old 09-28-2004 | 06:29 PM
Armed and Dangerous

i30Ds: Yup sure can. He can get you anything and everything related to mirrors for cars including the mirrors themselves. And like I said earlier, he was great to do business with. Quick response, very helpeful, knowledgable, and friendly.

My experience was great with this guy and I am sure yours will be as well. Just let me know what happens if you don't mind.
So he could even get me the sensors, right?

You must post pics when you complete the install of your mirrior!
Old 09-28-2004 | 07:05 PM

i30ds: Yes I believe he can get you the temp sensor as well as anything else relating to mirrors. LOL just email the guy and ask him. If you want to mention that John referred you to him that would be cool, but no big deal.

He will get back to you in no time and get you all the answers you need.

I will post pics of the install. I will probably do it this weekend if I have time. My Cefiros and protection will be here in a day or two so I have that install to do as well. Man I have a lot to do.
Old 09-29-2004 | 10:27 AM
Armed and Dangerous

i30ds: Yes I believe he can get you the temp sensor as well as anything else relating to mirrors. LOL just email the guy and ask him. If you want to mention that John referred you to him that would be cool, but no big deal.

He will get back to you in no time and get you all the answers you need.

I will post pics of the install. I will probably do it this weekend if I have time. My Cefiros and protection will be here in a day or two so I have that install to do as well. Man I have a lot to do.
It's lookin' up for ya, right?
Old 09-29-2004 | 02:16 PM

Do all the mirrors with compass and antiglare have temp built in?
my 2001 i30 has compass and anti glare but I don't think temp sensor, which i'd like to have. Can it be added or do I have to replace the whole thing?
Old 09-29-2004 | 05:34 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by thomwin
Do all the mirrors with compass and antiglare have temp built in?
my 2001 i30 has compass and anti glare but I don't think temp sensor, which i'd like to have. Can it be added or do I have to replace the whole thing?
Most cars that have a compass allow you to switch the setting to outside temp. The 99 I30s do this, so probably yours can too.
Old 09-29-2004 | 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by i30ds
Most cars that have a compass allow you to switch the setting to outside temp. The 99 I30s do this, so probably yours can too.
I must be hitting the wrong button or something... How do you change it from compass to outside temp?
Old 09-30-2004 | 05:35 AM

The mirror I have only has digital compass and auto dim features, but no way to switch to the temp. I do not think that mine has that feature, so your's may not have it either. If you wanted to get a mirror with auto dim, digital temp and digital compass, you could get one from ebay or from this guy I mentioned. He also have mirrors with all those features as well as the home link and onstar, but I don't know how you go about hooking that up. lol he would be able to tell you though.
Old 09-30-2004 | 01:08 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by thomwin
I must be hitting the wrong button or something... How do you change it from compass to outside temp?
I really don't know since I don't own a 2nd gen. Try holding buttons down for several seconds.

It could also be that the 2nd gen mirriors came with compass only.
Old 09-30-2004 | 01:50 PM
Got Projectors?

Mine is compass only. My outside temp gauge is located in the multi-function trip computer thing in the gauge cluster.
Old 10-01-2004 | 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
Mine is compass only. My outside temp gauge is located in the multi-function trip computer thing in the gauge cluster.
I see I do have an ambient temp reading on my A/C control in the console. I assume that is the outside air temp....