Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Painting Corner Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 03:33 PM

Painting Corner Lights

Ok so, come this Spring I need to get my Bumper re-painted. I have a couple things I want to do. First things first, I still need to replace my Passenger Side Foglight LMAO, haven't yet since I got the car. I'm thinkin about gettin the 98-99 I30's, which are supposedly clearer. Secondly, I've been thinkin about paintin my Corner Lights to body color. I think I'm gonna have my boy sand and repaint my bumper along with the Corner Lights, then take out the bulbs (if that even matters) and then install the new Fogs. I'm still undecided on whether to go with the Yellow Lexus-like Ion Crystals or matchin HID's or maybe just Super Whites Then lastly, put on my new License Plate Bracket and maybe a nice Chrome Plate instead of State issued plate

I know what the Corner Lights do and can see how they illuminate, but being 90% of my driving is in the City I really don't need them. Now, if they were rear lights that lit up when in reverse for Parallel parking, now that would be a worthy Mod for me. Hmmm...I sense a Mod. Install side lights with Hyperwhite bulbs that are low to the ground on the rear quarter panel to illuminate the curb that are spliced and run concurrent with the Reverse lighting system...

Ok, anyways for the Corner Light. Here's what I came up with. Please bare with me that I DO NOT have Photoshop to blend the blacks together, but all I do is lean back from the PC until it blends itself...
Old 02-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Donating i30 Owner

to be honest i though about this.. but our fogs looks dooofy... withoutht ecorner.. cuase it looks like one big light.. which looks better.. if u had the ceifro front bumber.. it looks hella good with painted corner.. ... i wonder if they sell the ceifro bumper shell by it self.. hmm.. okay srry straying form topic.. yea. however what i paln to do to the light is fog it.. liek i did to the turn signal... make is darker inside.. specially since out ar is black the silver stands out waaaaaaaay toomuch.. so if we paint it darker inside.. like a light layer.. it makes it loks fogged like.. and its sweet... also im gonna open up the fog and remove that freaking plastic cover thing.. cause i only use fogs when i really need visibility and the stupid shield thing in front of the bulb is annoyings.. ugly and i hate it..

ps.. hey man ill help with the projector if u can hook up a paint job.... hehehehe... had to try...
Old 02-10-2005, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by HomerMAC
ps.. hey man ill help with the projector if u can hook up a paint job.... hehehehe... had to try...
HaHa, well I can ask him when I see him sometime in the Spring. I suppose you want the whole car? Only external, no door jams uner the hood or trunk lining, i can almost bet hed hook you up especially since we got the same color so it will be cheaper for him to get more of it at once in a larger quantity. I was gonna do mine Candy Apple Red, but I'm a freak and would need everything red not just the outside. That means pullin engines and all the crazy nonsense, so...

Anyways, yeah I think Sycefiro has a Cefiro bumper For Sale, not sure tho. It has a different valance underneath where the license plate goes and yeah I believe there's no corners just fogs and the chrome trim doesn't connect all the way. There's a groove that slants down from the grill to the plate mount. It is pretty nice, but i like our Bumpers too, jst was curious on whether I should do that to the Corner light or not.

What Plastic shield/cover you talkin bout? It's on the inside of the lense?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Donating i30 Owner

yea inside the fog lense / housing.. its therelook at it closely.. ull se it.. not the whole car. i mean jsu tthe front .. my hood has few paint chips from my dad driving behind cement trunk... long story.. nadd i let brother take teh car to buffalo once..a nd he ****ed up the front bumper with dead flies and crap but didnt was teh car when he go there.. and the **** like ruined thepaint job.. my car doesnt shine like ti used to... u know..

and cefiro bumper has conrer... everybody jsut paints it... cause it looks retarded.. i would persoanlly get some clay and smooth it out and paint hat over.. looks very sweet.. the cefiro bumper.. and then i would remove the silver shiney stuff aourn teh car..
Old 02-10-2005, 11:35 PM

Damn, well my front bumper is f*cked up too. I know he would give you a break on that. Sh*t he'd prolly wanna do both at the same time and just charge $50 more, all seriousness. Now, if you wanted the whole car, i know he can hook you up but of course its gonne be some money ya know? LMK tho, I'mma call im come late March.

You wanna strip the Chrome trim?...