Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Cefiro chrome door handles

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 01:50 PM

Cefiro chrome door handles

Has anyone installed the chrome door handles from Paradox? I want to put them on my '01 I30 because the stock ones are all scratched up. I noticed that both chrome front door handles have a hole for driver and passenger lock cylinders (see pic from Paradox webpage below). Unfortunately, the stock setup has only one lock cylinder on the driver's side and apparently the Nissan/Infiniti dealership does not make a passenger side lock cylinder (or corresponding linkage) for the 00+ I30 and Maxima models. If I install chrome handles there will be an opening on the passenger handle where a lock cylinder should be.

Old 03-25-2005, 02:15 PM

Then just install the handle itself, and keep the outer part body color as it already is.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Max Mutes
Then just install the handle itself, and keep the outer part body color as it already is.
Actually, it is not the chrome that is scratched but the painted section.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:18 PM

Oh...well..I'm sure if you took them off yourself and brought them to a guy to paint it wouldn't be more than $100 to repaint all 4 of em cuz those all chrome ones are I believe $150 or $160.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:50 PM

You may contact Paradox Systems to find out for sure... but I think the ones pictured are actually for the A32 (96-99) I don't think those are the A33 ones

Edit: It seems clicking on the preview link for both the A32 and A33 chrome door handles actually opens the preview of the A32 handles, check with Paradox, but I'll bet the A33 set is a correct fitment with no keyhole on the passenger side.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:34 PM

The door hands are for the A33 and not the A32. I think they used the A33 picture for the A32 handles because the boxes they came had Japanese writing and A33 written on them. I contacted Harry from Paradox and he said that they do not have the passenger side lock cylinders and suggested I go an find a dumby lock cyinder at the dealership/junkyard. He also said he is no longer selling the chorme handles (I bought the last A33 set) due to the low demand for them, which would explain why he was not familiar with my problem since he sold so few. BTW I took the front passenger side door handle off and it is identical to the rear passenger side door handle. I installed a functional lock cylinder (different key though, and had to make my own linkage out of model airplane wire) but that was a bad idea because everytime you unlock and open the door from the passenger side the car alarm goes off. Right now I am fabricating a polished SS plate to cover the hole from the inside. Since the base of the handles are plated with shiny chrome, I am thinking of installing amber LEDs (as turn signals) just under the door handle itself. Although, I am not 100% sold on the idea cause it might be too
Old 03-30-2005, 01:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by skeetch
Since the base of the handles are plated with shiny chrome, I am thinking of installing amber LEDs (as turn signals) just under the door handle itself. Although, I am not 100% sold on the idea cause it might be too
...what about having the LEDs under the handles as courtesy lights. When you unlock your doors with the remote, the LEDs would turn on with your interior light!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by speye022
...what about having the LEDs under the handles as courtesy lights. When you unlock your doors with the remote, the LEDs would turn on with your interior light!
That's what I been wantin to do...haven't found anybody willing to do it for me or give it a shot on theirs, being I can't work with LEDs.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Max Mutes
That's what I been wantin to do...haven't found anybody willing to do it for me or give it a shot on theirs, being I can't work with LEDs.
I feel you. I already messed up the white LED conversion on my window switches! I'm not doing anything else until I fix it...glad the weather is finally getting nicer
Old 03-30-2005, 09:18 PM

Yes, I've thought of the making them as courtesy lites as well. It is even possible to do both. Sure puts a twist on the old middle side marker light (you know like the ones the beemers have). Wiring high intensity LEDs (such as those made by lumileds...they make some super bright LEDs...one per handle should suffice) is not so difficult and requires construction of simple resistor circuits. See the link to the PDF below.

http://www.lumileds.com/pdfs/AB11.PDF

The important thing is to make sure you have an adequate heat sink, otherwise you can kiss the LED goodbye (if I remeber correctly they are about $12/LED).