Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

how to get ride of condensation??

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 08:06 PM

how to get ride of condensation??

I just bought a new set of cefiro headlights and the right side already has condensation in it.it's been 2 days now and it's still there,i even parked it in the sun!!does anyone know how to get rid of it?? thanks
Old 08-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by rjb22
I just bought a new set of cefiro headlights and the right side already has condensation in it.it's been 2 days now and it's still there,i even parked it in the sun!!does anyone know how to get rid of it?? thanks
Did you alter the corner lights so they would fit in ALL the way?? Some if the tabs have to be cut away so it will fit. Its kind of like getting the square block to fit in the circular hole (you'll see what I mean). With out doing this they wont fit in all the way and water moisture could be getting in that way.

Who did you get them from?? There have been a lot of issues like this with the NON oem cefiros... If they are not oem, then you might be screwed.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:07 AM

That could be it, i had to tape the corner bulb socket to the light to stay in place,i bought them on ebay,there is a pair on there right now for $265,check it out and let me know whats up,thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-I...spagenameZWDVW
Old 08-12-2005, 10:59 AM

That could be it, i had to tape the corner bulb socket to the light to stay in place,i bought them on ebay,there is a pair on there right now for $265,check it out and let me know whats up,thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-I...spagenameZWDVW
Yap! Aftermarket... The seller claims it's TYC brand, yet the photo shows it's EZ DEPO another secondary aftermarket manufacture. However, i30ds is correct. Alot of time the moist and water gets in from the side market sockets. If they did not include JDM/TDM side marker sockets with the headlights, then you should make sure your socket goes all the way in. Then seal it off with tape. Not just tape 'em on to the headlights. If they come with the sockets then take time and patience to splice the wires and use their socket.

These aftermarket lights are getting better quality though still NOT as good as the OEM one's. But if you install 'em properly. You should not have too much probelm (maybe except for the beam pattern).

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 08-12-2005, 11:01 AM

Haha.. sorry didn't quite answer your question on how to get rid of condensation??

---> If it's a sunny day, open your hood, unplug the side marker socket and let it sit for 30min to 1 hours.. the condensation should go away.

If you are NOT lazy (I know the A33 headlights is a PITA to take out)... then uninstall your aftermarket A33 headlights. Reseal all around the headlights with silicon (those stuff you use to seal bath tubs)... then re-install the headlights.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO
Yap! Aftermarket... The seller claims it's TYC brand, yet the photo shows it's EZ DEPO another secondary aftermarket manufacture. However, i30ds is correct. Alot of time the moist and water gets in from the side market sockets. If they did not include JDM/TDM side marker sockets with the headlights, then you should make sure your socket goes all the way in. Then seal it off with tape. Not just tape 'em on to the headlights. If they come with the sockets then take time and patience to splice the wires and use their socket.

These aftermarket lights are getting better quality though still NOT as good as the OEM one's. But if you install 'em properly. You should not have too much probelm (maybe except for the beam pattern).

SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Hey Simon, is there any way I can get my hands on a set of the actual JDM corner lights so I can splice them on?? Also, is there any way I can get the JDM "city light" (that smaller bulb that already comes in the Cefiro housing) connector so I can splice that on and plug it into my city light??

Thanks,

Devin
Old 08-12-2005, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by i30ds
Hey Simon, is there any way I can get my hands on a set of the actual JDM corner lights so I can splice them on?? Also, is there any way I can get the JDM "city light" (that smaller bulb that already comes in the Cefiro housing) connector so I can splice that on and plug it into my city light??

Thanks,

Devin
I thought I sent you the City lights already?! I don't have the connectors, all I did was to go to radioshack to look for the connector that fits in the city lights. Let me check what I have, email me your address. I will also look for the connectors that you can find in radioshack or audio stores and email you the photos.
Thanks
SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 08-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by SYCEFIRO
I thought I sent you the City lights already?! I don't have the connectors, all I did was to go to radioshack to look for the connector that fits in the city lights. Let me check what I have, email me your address. I will also look for the connectors that you can find in radioshack or audio stores and email you the photos.
Thanks
SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Nope never got corner or city lights with my Cefiros (although I did buy those all the back in September of 2002 and you might not have been given them out at that time). So yeah, if you could see if you can get me the coner lights and the city lights that would be great.

Thanks

Devin
Old 08-12-2005, 07:34 PM

Come to find out the tape came loose on that side so thats how the condensation got in. It dried completly today and i put a better tape on it. thanks for the responses
Old 08-24-2005, 08:54 PM

I still have some condensation left in the light, does anyone know how to get ride of it fast!i tryed a blowdryer but it kept coming back??
Old 08-25-2005, 01:46 PM

I still have some condensation left in the light, does anyone know how to get ride of it fast!i tryed a blowdryer but it kept coming back??
Maybe you should purchase the right corner/signal combination socket from me and splice it in to prevent condensation. If that doesn't work. You'll have to take out the headlights, dry it out. Re-seal (extra silicon) all around the headlight and put it back in.

Good Luck
SY
sycefiro@yahoo.com
Old 08-25-2005, 07:49 PM

Today i spent a couple of hours with a hair dryer and then it got real sunny so it dtyed up completely.The hole on the aftermarket light is bigger then the hole on the oem light, so the socket is to small and i have to find one big enough to seal in the hole correctly,do you have these?? thanks