Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

ZOMFG!! They finally made a Metra Kit for the A33 I30/I35???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:54 PM

I received an email from Onlinecarstereo stating they were cancelling my order because the item was currently on backorder. They gave me a $5 coupon code for my next purchase. I guess I'll re-order my kit when I see they're in stock.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by NEW2DAGAME
I received an email from Onlinecarstereo stating they were cancelling my order because the item was currently on backorder. They gave me a $5 coupon code for my next purchase. I guess I'll re-order my kit when I see they're in stock.
Interesting. My order with onlinecarstereo.com is still listed as "not shipped" -- no cancellation e-mail or anything. But a search for 95-7609G on their site turns up nothing, and if you follow the link on page 1 of this thread, it says the kit is no longer available (rather than backordered).

I'll be interested to see if a) they cancel my order shortly, and b) they raise the price on this thing. (seems like it's often the case that it if seems too good to be true, it is.)
Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah I received the same email about my order being cancelled and getting a $5 coupon.

BS.

If you don't have it don't ad it...
Old 04-04-2010, 08:38 PM

I have a scefero kit for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:18 PM

So whats the deal with this kit? Any news on the availability?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by I30driver
So whats the deal with this kit? Any news on the availability?
I checked with metra again a week ago and still no progress. Haven't asked this week... I guess when it comes it comes. Sucks not having any kind of eta, but what can you do? The only thing that makes me impatient is my sub cutting out all the time. Otherwise I guess I can wait.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:56 PM

Now hoping for the first half of May for this.

This is promising: I was on Metra's site today looking for another part for my i35 and they now have a kit listed for the i30/i35, but a different part number: 99-7609G (rather than 95-7609G).

http://retailer2.installationexcelle...hicleid=211970

Install guide for the kit:

http://documents.victorytechnologies...duct/27268.pdf

(Maybe this kit isn't vaporware after all :P )

Last edited by Sloanie; 05-05-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yeah hopefully they need to hurry up with this thing.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by trinihardknock23
Yeah hopefully they need to hurry up with this thing.
I checked with the regional Metra sales rep about this part number and he tells me that this is the part I need and that it's now (finally) shipping. Should be seeing it soon!

On another note, onlinecarstereo.com still hasn't cancelled my order for part number 95-7609g. WTH is up with that place...

Last edited by Sloanie; 05-06-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:53 PM

where have u guys ordered these kits off so far? other than onlinecarstereo ?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by pattyt
where have u guys ordered these kits off so far? other than onlinecarstereo ?
I just contacted Metra directly -- http://www.metraonline.com/contactl.aspx

They steered me towards a local car audio shop / retailer that carries their products and had a kit on order, so I contacted that retailer to have them order one for me.

There is another online store listed early in this thread, installer.com? (don't remember the exact name)-- they were much easier to get in touch with by phone than onlinecarstereo, but their price is quite a bit higher, esp. with shipping.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 AM

ehhh my gxe kit is still better
Old 05-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just received an email moments ago from Installer.com saying my Metra bezel was on the way...
Old 05-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by tniccum
I just received an email moments ago from Installer.com saying my Metra bezel was on the way...
Hallelujah, finally. Thank you for posting that update. Do let us know when it arrives.

I had to ship my amp back to the manufacturer day before yesterday to have a defect corrected-- watch me be amp-less when the metra kit arrives, haha.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Will do - I'm assuming it will be here Monday - I have a UPS tracking number, but no delivery info just yet. Probably going in the big brown truck tonight.

I have my display mounted in the console, but finishing it off nicely will be a final triumph!

BTW, I installed a Kenwood KOS-V1000 system, very nice - with Nav and XM - i was able to remove the Bose HU and wire right into the harness - the V1000 is meant to replace a factory head unit like the Bose and be compatible with all the down-line pieces. has been working for over a year - sounds great, (at least as good as the speakers will let it).

If I get everything tidied up I'll try to post pictures.

Tom
Old 05-14-2010, 11:16 AM

My local dealer just called me to tell me that the kit has arrived. FINALLY. Though there was a defect identified in my amp (ZED Leviathan) last week, so now I'm waiting on the amp to get a chip replaced and sent back to me. Luckily it's in California so shipping will only take a couple days. (I also just barely ordered the sub for my system, which will come in next week as well. I'd been waiting for the kit to come in before spending any more money...)

With any luck, next weekend I can get everything installed and be finally rid of that BOSE system, especially that crappy sub cutting out most the time.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just got home, and my Metra bezel kit was waiting. Heading to the garage now to start test fitting.

Tom
Old 05-17-2010, 07:30 PM

Just got home, and my Metra bezel kit was waiting. Heading to the garage now to start test fitting.

Tom
Sooooo.....how does it fit??? Pics? Mine comes tomorrow....
Old 05-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

well.... it fits into the opening really well. Unfortunately, I'm an idiot, and didn't realize that my touch screen is a tiny bit bigger than a double-din. Doh! Did a little surgery and got it to look OK. I think if you do a single or double DIN (a real one) it will look very nice.

I have a bit of work left to do - but here's my first attempt:

Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 PM

well.... it fits into the opening really well. Unfortunately, I'm an idiot, and didn't realize that my touch screen is a tiny bit bigger than a double-din. Doh! Did a little surgery and got it to look OK. I think if you do a single or double DIN (a real one) it will look very nice.

I have a bit of work left to do - but here's my first attempt:

Wow! Thats way bigger. is it overlapping the climate control? Hows the quality of the kit?? Any problems?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Joeker82
Wow! Thats way bigger. is it overlapping the climate control? Hows the quality of the kit?? Any problems?
Quality is good - it is all plastic, and uses the Climate control as a structural piece. Seemed a bit wobbly, but once bolted into place it's fine.

I have some more plastic engineering to do , it is a snug fit - but it does fit. I don't care for the overlap, so I'll trim some of that plastic back. At least there aren't any gaps on the sides....
Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 AM

looks like the trim piece is designed for the black interior..us with the willow/beige will suffer a piece thats slightly colored differently...
Old 05-18-2010, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by din9lebeRrY
looks like the trim piece is designed for the black interior..us with the willow/beige will suffer a piece thats slightly colored differently...
Actually, Metra said they would be color matching the kits to any color. (for a additional fee) You should call Metra. I believe I heard about that in this thread a couple of pages back!?! BY THE WAY PEOPLE....It comes as two dins and a pocket. If you want it to be double din, you snap the center piece out and it comes with a extra finishing ring to fill the gaps. So, dont be buying a pocket in advance. Its supplied!

Last edited by Joeker82; 05-18-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:31 PM

Actually, Metra said they would be color matching the kits to any color. (for a additional fee) You should call Metra. I believe I heard about that in this thread a couple of pages back!?! BY THE WAY PEOPLE....It comes as two dins and a pocket. If you want it to be double din, you snap the center piece out and it comes with a extra finishing ring to fill the gaps. So, dont be buying a pocket in advance. Its supplied!
im the one that called them lol....

and yes..this is what you're talking about:

Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Finally good news. So what's the best site to order this from. Preferably a place that takes paypal. All the places shown in this thread says it's either out of stock or it doesnt exist.

Last edited by essential1; 05-18-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My interior is Beige, but parts of the dash are grey - the kit is a pretty good match for that.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:53 PM

im the one that called them lol....

and yes..this is what you're talking about:

Thanks for the diagram! lol! I just recieved my kit today. So, they did say they where going to tint them Beige?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:37 PM

x2-- why's that black bezel hanging down over the climate controls? It doesn't look like that on the install instructions... is it a sleeve that came with your head unit?

Last edited by Sloanie; 05-18-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by essential1
Finally good news. So what's the best site to order this from. Preferably a place that takes paypal. All the places shown in this thread says it's either out of stock or it doesnt exist.
Is there a local car audio dealer you can contact? There's one within a few miles of my home, they keep these kits on hand either way so I just bought one from them. In any case, you can e-mail the regional rep for Metra to find out where the closest place is to get one: http://www.metraonline.com/contact2.aspx
Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 PM

^thanks. Will do.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sloanie
x2-- why's that black bezel hanging down over the climate controls? It doesn't look like that on the install instructions... is it a sleeve that came with your head unit?
Actually, thats the ring that came with the Kenwood...I would imagine!?! He needs to lose the kenwood beauty ring and set the stereo back and use the ring with the metra kit. But, I think he did some plastic engineering???
Old 05-19-2010, 12:43 PM

Actually, thats the ring that came with the Kenwood...I would imagine!?! He needs to lose the kenwood beauty ring and set the stereo back and use the ring with the metra kit. But, I think he did some plastic engineering???
Yeah I wonder about that. Because I picked up a Kenwood DDIN unit, though it doesn't have the (what looks like a) 7" screen-- it's just a 6.1" screen, hopefully it fits a standard double din opening.

I should have my amp back tomorrow, and pending the arrival of the sub tomorrow or Friday, I could possibly get my install done this weekend. It's like waiting for Christmas but not being sure what day it'll land on...
Old 05-19-2010, 01:31 PM

Yeah I wonder about that. Because I picked up a Kenwood DDIN unit, though it doesn't have the (what looks like a) 7" screen-- it's just a 6.1" screen, hopefully it fits a standard double din opening.

I should have my amp back tomorrow, and pending the arrival of the sub tomorrow or Friday, I could possibly get my install done this weekend. It's like waiting for Christmas but not being sure what day it'll land on...
Yea, I have the kit. But, im waiting for a few items on ebay to sell to recoop the cost of a new deck. Your double din will work just fine. Just take your time and dont cut anything that doesnt need cutting....The kit was designed to fit everything single din, double din, blah blah blah. I'm sure it wasnt made to overlap the climate control. most likely it's always a beauty ring problem...IMO.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Right - that's sort of a tray that holds my video monitor - i don't really have a normal "head unit." just a touch screen monitor - the electronics are all in the trunk.

I trimmed the top part of it, now I need to trim the bottom to get rid of the overhang.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:39 AM

So I sent them an email asking where I can get this from locally and got this back:

ALL PRO TINT/MOBILE ELECTRONIC

561-733-7331

The part is a 99-7609g.. they aren’t shipping yet, but they can pre-order a kit for you. Let him know Andy from Metra sent you.
So maybe they release them in batches i guess. Either way, I'm gonna go place an order for one.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:01 AM

My interior is Beige, but parts of the dash are grey - the kit is a pretty good match for that.

I noticed that..I wish you didn't have the faux woodgrain so we could see how closesly it matches..

I emailed them as well.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:35 AM

I noticed that..I wish you didn't have the faux woodgrain so we could see how closesly it matches..

I emailed them as well.
Actually, its dead on. It matches perfectly! It matches the grey around the clock and the grey on the bose stereo. I'll take some pictures later today if you want to see!?!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:03 AM

^id love that man! More reason to get it. You have an i30 though, I hope the i30/35 beige remained the same!

I'll be waiting for pics, thanks in advance!

Last edited by din9lebeRrY; 05-20-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:24 AM

Actually, its dead on. It matches perfectly! It matches the grey around the clock and the grey on the bose stereo. I'll take some pictures later today if you want to see!?!
Awesome, did you install? Looking forward to some pics
Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by essential1
So I sent them an email asking where I can get this from locally and got this back:

So maybe they release them in batches i guess. Either way, I'm gonna go place an order for one.
Yeah maybe their first wave is sold out... because obviously they *are* shipping (and I was even told so by the regional rep for my area, not to mention that my local dealer has received it in stock.)

Quick Reply: ZOMFG!! They finally made a Metra Kit for the A33 I30/I35???