Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

Fujita / K-Sport / Progress RSB Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Fujita / K-Sport / Progress RSB Installed

Guys / Gals, here are the pics of the install.. Right off i can see some probs.. First the Fujita is not bolted down, and there are no hose clamps///, plus they drilled out of my strut tower???(whats up with that!!!, and the way they did it just looks off))),,, besides that the ride was great.. The rears are a bit low though.. look at the pics and you can see what i am talking about... Input please.....other pics on Putfilesite, Click in my SIG....

Old 03-17-2006, 03:03 PM

I wonder why the cai was such a problem... we didnt have to cut anything when we were installing it... hmm
Old 03-17-2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by *FleXIMA*
I wonder why the cai was such a problem... we didnt have to cut anything when we were installing it... hmm
yeah i know... and now that i think about it more and more i am really peaved that this happened... The ride is a bit stiff, but that was expected.. I went back out to my car and looked again at the fujita, and they totally didnt install the rubber mount and bolt that holds it on....WTF!! man i hope this doesnt F-up my ride....
Old 03-17-2006, 03:14 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

yea, were's the rubber grommet that holds the intake?

I didn't cut anything either, but you need that rubber in there to hold it deffinatly, check the box it might be in there..

my rear was also like that ghost, but I compressed my coils to raise it some to fit my 22's..
Old 03-17-2006, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
yeah i know... and now that i think about it more and more i am really peaved that this happened... The ride is a bit stiff, but that was expected.. I went back out to my car and looked again at the fujita, and they totally didnt install the rubber mount and bolt that holds it on....WTF!! man i hope this doesnt F-up my ride....
it won't mess anything up, but probably make noice when going over bumps, since is not tied down..
Old 03-17-2006, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
yea, were's the rubber grommet that holds the intake?

I didn't cut anything either, but you need that rubber in there to hold it deffinatly, check the box it might be in there..

my rear was also like that ghost, but I compressed my coils to raise it some to fit my 22's..
so you think its alright though.. But i know i took that rubber grommet with that bolt, and the rubber hose clamps for the fujita.. looks like he just installed it, lost some parts and said oh well... Damnit! So if i need to raise the rear some i have to ask them to compress the springs??? thanks tek....

edit// oops tek i meant about the coils, not the intake its the least of my worries..
Old 03-17-2006, 03:29 PM
*moderator*

Looks sweet on stock wheels!!!!! Like a whole different car. Glad everythng with the coils worked out and as for the intake I'd be heading right back over there...
Old 03-17-2006, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Looks sweet on stock wheels!!!!! Like a whole different car. Glad everythng with the coils worked out and as for the intake I'd be heading right back over there...
yeah they are closed, unfortunately... ill have to call in the morn, and or go in tuesday....!! Arg.. Work this weekend,,and i had to miss work this friday because of the install...... Oh, well, here comes my school check!! Bling!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 03:55 PM

yea, if you look at my cardomain page 3, you can see the before and after of the drop, as you go further down the pics get recent... it was tucking good at first, but I raised it some..

all I did was compress the spring alittle and moved the collar up on the shaft..

click the sig..........
Old 03-17-2006, 04:21 PM

Looks Sweet Ghost!! Just work those problems out and youre good to go!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:30 PM

I want Ksports!! damn the stock struts and Cattmans.....I want to tuck!
How hard was the install of the KSports? How do they compare to the stock ride?
Old 03-17-2006, 04:32 PM

NOT TO jack the thread...
Jsmithsole; since you had both system, from spring to Coilovers, how do you say the ride is between the 2? I get a little "floaty" with just springs no struts/shocks...info please.
Its St patty's i going out drikin....
Old 03-17-2006, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by VQMAX05
I want Ksports!! damn the stock struts and Cattmans.....I want to tuck!
How hard was the install of the KSports? How do they compare to the stock ride?
remember, the stock ride has travel, the k-sports are real small, so the travel isn't there. you hit a bump you will feel it, but is not harsh unless is a construction zone or a dirt road.

it does have that bounce like a low rider, but its because of the rebound, its much quicker up and down vs stock. you have to take under consideration the size of the coils, the smaller you go the more you feel.

even with all of that is not a bad ride, but you could be more **** than me on that. I like it cause of what I could do with them..
Old 03-17-2006, 06:28 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Man too bad I didn't know you were doing this. I have an AEM intake I installed myself and it went flawless. It was a basic bolt on. No reason to drill anything to install an intake. I need to come check you out. I'm in Plano.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:07 AM
*moderator*

remember, the stock ride has travel, the k-sports are real small, so the travel isn't there. you hit a bump you will feel it, but is not harsh unless is a construction zone or a dirt road.

it does have that bounce like a low rider, but its because of the rebound, its much quicker up and down vs stock. you have to take under consideration the size of the coils, the smaller you go the more you feel.

even with all of that is not a bad ride, but you could be more **** than me on that. I like it cause of what I could do with them..

to what Tek said. The springs were more like stock in my opinion. But that tuck is soooo sweet it's worth every bounce!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 04:16 AM

congrats ghost
Old 03-18-2006, 09:15 AM

Wow, that is one slammed Max.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:46 PM

What the hell!! They moved my post?? Whats the deal, now it will rarely get anybody from the 6th gen forum to respond.. There are others on there, like the other Fujita posts that are staying, and this is just the same but more 6TH GEN RELATED..!!!! Seriously...

Anyways.... Thanks guys for the props./.. Do you think i should raise the back up a little? Tek, jsmith? I will let them settle a bit, then by the end of next week i am getting an alignment.. Other than that, as stated before the ride is pretty bumpy but it feels better than stock, and my rear feels firmer due to the RSB!!! And, the FUJITA SCREEMS!!! I can seriously feel a significant change in my car.. Everywhere.. It is raining today, so i took it easy on the roads.. Hope to hear from you guys soon.. Thanks... Later...
Old 03-18-2006, 06:15 PM
*moderator*

I would let it settle and see what you think. I think it looks pretty sick as is...
Old 03-18-2006, 07:18 PM

I would let it settle and see what you think. I think it looks pretty sick as is...
thanks bro, and i am glad i am finally in the K-Sport Family!! lol.. I still wish the Moderators would move this back to the 6th gen forum.. oh, well.. I amthinking about getting my engine bay steam cleaned... have you ever done this? had a few friend do this before shows, i am just doing it to get ride of the heavy grime that has built up.. bought it used, and meant to have them clean it before i picked it up.. i plan on going to the Texas Heat Wave this yer again but i wont be entering my ride this year, but the next...
Old 03-18-2006, 08:16 PM

nice ride, ghost. How are those body kit designs coming?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:01 PM
*moderator*

I amthinking about getting my engine bay steam cleaned... have you ever done this?
I don't like to, I usually just clean it by hand. That high pressure could get into places you don't want water...
Old 03-19-2006, 05:37 PM

Well speaking of water.... One of my headlights finally leaked.. DAMNIT!!!! This is just not my week... Now i have to find another set of HID's so i can fix mine...and add my Fog, HID's with it... I do have my regular HIR's, so i could just use them, but i really like the HID's.... ARG!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:00 PM

I got these results with just a hose and some armor all in my back yard..

Old 03-19-2006, 08:10 PM

sweet, so i can spray my engine bay?? i would have to cover the battery and intake filter... i might use some simple green, and what else do you recomend? thanks for the advise, i have never deep cleaned my engine bay, so any suggestions will help... thanks tek..
Old 03-20-2006, 03:21 AM

sweet, so i can spray my engine bay?? i would have to cover the battery and intake filter... i might use some simple green, and what else do you recomend? thanks for the advise, i have never deep cleaned my engine bay, so any suggestions will help... thanks tek..
I power wash my bay at the car wash without covering anything, it won't hurt it...

I just don't stay in one place for a long time, keep moving.. I shoot it from the front and sides, I don't shoot near the belts so they squeek, thats all..

simple green works good...
Old 03-20-2006, 06:57 AM
Silver Tooth S2K 9k FTMFW

tht max is slammed!!! very nice
Old 03-20-2006, 10:31 AM

I power wash my bay at the car wash without covering anything, it won't hurt it...

I just don't stay in one place for a long time, keep moving.. I shoot it from the front and sides, I don't shoot near the belts so they squeek, thats all..

simple green works good...
thanks, ill keep that in mind.

I called the place where i got my stuff installed, and asked a few questions..
first off i asked about the K-sports, and they said that the rear shocks are all the way extended? and if you lift the car they wont drop any? does that sound right to you? when i hit a puddle or bump m front end jumps quite a bit.. do you think it is because of the way they are installed at an angle.. look at my pics again to see what i am talkng about.. also they cut into my strut tower, which i see they had no problems with you or j's install and they are straight up.. i have 18's, and you guys have 20's, but i see that you put back on your 20's during winter so no probls there.. these guys have done quality work that i have seen on other cars and trucks, but it just seems a bit off to me...

on another note, i called fujita and they will send me another rubber mount and bolt with my free air filter when i send that paperwork in.. really ice people over there... the Fujita screems!! nice!!! i will have to pick up some hose clamps, any suggestion on size, or are they just universal.. Thanks for all the help, and sorry about bombarding you with questions.. you have been a great help, you and j.... thanks alot... please let mek know if anything sounds off to you about the install..

i will most likely get 20's in the very near future, and a question on my rims are what offset do i need to stay between? There is a set of 20x8.5 with a offset of 35, and i guess i need 245/35/20 tires correct, and maybe 245/30/20 rears, which i have seen too on our rides...

Thanks....Later...
Old 03-21-2006, 03:20 AM

^Bump'ety, Bump^ well atleast my coils say that...lol.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:24 AM
*moderator*

thanks, ill keep that in mind.

I called the place where i got my stuff installed, and asked a few questions..
first off i asked about the K-sports, and they said that the rear shocks are all the way extended? and if you lift the car they wont drop any? does that sound right to you? when i hit a puddle or bump m front end jumps quite a bit.. do you think it is because of the way they are installed at an angle.. look at my pics again to see what i am talkng about.. also they cut into my strut tower, which i see they had no problems with you or j's install and they are straight up.. i have 18's, and you guys have 20's, but i see that you put back on your 20's during winter so no probls there.. these guys have done quality work that i have seen on other cars and trucks, but it just seems a bit off to me...

on another note, i called fujita and they will send me another rubber mount and bolt with my free air filter when i send that paperwork in.. really ice people over there... the Fujita screems!! nice!!! i will have to pick up some hose clamps, any suggestion on size, or are they just universal.. Thanks for all the help, and sorry about bombarding you with questions.. you have been a great help, you and j.... thanks alot... please let mek know if anything sounds off to you about the install..

i will most likely get 20's in the very near future, and a question on my rims are what offset do i need to stay between? There is a set of 20x8.5 with a offset of 35, and i guess i need 245/35/20 tires correct, and maybe 245/30/20 rears, which i have seen too on our rides...

Thanks....Later...

The rears should drop, I would have them re look at how they installed them/adjusted them. When I first put mine on the rears were this way (went to a shop that "said" they knew what they were doing) I had them take them out and ran my Eibach's again for a while. Now I found a shop that knows what's up and they rears are fine. (saw the rear wheels drop on the lift the other day...)
I noticed the angle and was going to ask you about that, again I don't know too much about them but I don't think the fact that I am on 20's (all yr 'round by the way!) and Tek's on 22's would make that much difference becuase the overall tire/wheel diameter doesn't change that much, Tek?

My wheels are 20x8.5 with 38mm offset, 35mm is fine too. Not sure why you'd go with a lower profile tire in the back, just do the same all around then you can rotate at least, and I have no rubbing problems...

J
Old 03-21-2006, 09:22 AM

my coils are also straight up not to the side. I messured the rears before the coils and I raised it alittle, maybe he ment that if you extend them any further you won't have a drop, it would be more like a stock look, wich was fine for me since I had to fit the big wheel in there..

I belive your tires in the front are cambered in if the coils are slanted like that, I'm not sure though cause I never touched that... if your fronts are bouncing try setting them hard..

I didn't only put my springs in there hand tight, I compressed them some before I tighened the clamps down on them, the cause of that was a harder ride, but it doesn't bounce all over the place, all this was for the wheels, I can't have too much bouncing going on or I will rub..
Old 03-21-2006, 10:01 AM
amimaxima

you need rims

Old 03-21-2006, 10:09 AM

I'll prove you can raise it:

Stock set up:

coils:

raised coils:

side ways shot: