New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

Newbie / 1995 SE Maxima manual trans story

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 02:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Newbie / 1995 SE Maxima manual trans story

Hi Guys - It's been almost 25 years with my Maxima. After lurking here I thought I should properly join. I have been in love with my stock 1995 Maxima SE (manual transmission, pearl white, moonroof, BOSE) since buying it new from the showroom in Northern California. 1995 Motor Trend Import Car of the Year. Nobody else washes/waxes and I return home if a parking is near-full (PITA but worth it) and I rarely drive in the rain. Garaged since 1995, 82K miles, no paint/accidents, clean interior/engine. Paint is immaculate and people ask if it's a repaint. Every time I drive it I decide it's staying with me unless the factory wants it. Power/boost and mileage seem like new. About the only flaws are a pea-sized spot on the fake-leather shifter and a few small dings front/rear, no side dings. New clutch, tires, battery, shocks, alternator, starter, spark plugs and coil-packs. Brakes are 70%. If you are considering a Maxima, I really suggest the popular 4th-Gen as it is a pleasure. Rowing the gears is a blast! Watch the 1995 ads for this "poor man's BMW," but it beats out several MBZ, BMW, and Lexus cars in top-end, 1/4 mile and handling. Friends with Luxus and Mercedes autos note a quieter ride than theirs - until POWER. Passes smog every time. Starter and alternator replacements were easy with easy MAF removal. A few years ago the manager of a major tire store came out to the car, pointed at the Maxima's multi-torsional beam axle in back and tried to convince me it was rear-drive with a "hidden differential!" Many "soft" Californians ask how I can drive such an antique with a stick, 2 tiny cupholders and no SAT-NAV system - I tell them to look at the Z cars and Maximas on the road, that's how. Well, there's a Thomas Guide under the seat. My wife likes the car, so I guess she can stay.

Anyone aware of "recent" sellers of decals/stickers for the 4DSC in the side rear window? The orig decals ceased with the 1994, 3d-gen., until picking up ten years ago with a re-design.

Check my Garage/photos.....Thanks and happy driving - Save The Manuals!
Jon