4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

where can i get a Budget Y from

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 02:08 PM

where can i get a Budget Y from

everwhere I read, I see Budget Y pipe etc.... I assume that this is a high performance y pipe... is it any different from the Warpspeed Y?

Jae...
Old 05-04-2005, 02:16 PM

http://maxmods.dyndns.org/index.php?MaximaYpipes
Old 05-04-2005, 02:18 PM

www.budgetexhaust.com

Click on LSS on the website as they have split off the exhaust division from the rest of the company.

It is a high performance y-pipe. I bought the Budget stainless steel y-pipe last June and highly recommend it. I believe the Warspeed is cheaper but it may be because its aluminized. Budget has an aluminized y-pipe as well, but stick with stainless steel particularly in the northeast US. Just my $0.02.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:25 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

I've got both the Budget Y and B-resonated pipes. Hook this up with a stock muffler and the sound is almost stock. Nice rumble at idle and definitely won't give you a bees-in-a-can noise nor droning at 3000rpm.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:38 PM

ordered my aluminzed y-pipe from warpspeed monday. would it be worth it to paint it
black using high heat paint?
Old 05-04-2005, 02:47 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Originally Posted by g4nismo
ordered my aluminzed y-pipe from warpspeed monday. would it be worth it to paint it
Why would you want to do that?

I have a Budget Y-pipes that was painted black by them (they used to do this - see motorvate.ca) and the paint had burnt off.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The budget pipes come (used to come) painted black, but the paint would just burn off after a few trips on the interstate.

Why paint it? Did you want to try and prevent it from rusting? Warpspeed has a 4year rust-through warranty on their alum-steel pipes.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:01 PM

Why paint it? Did you want to try and prevent it from rusting? Warpspeed has a 4year rust-through warranty on their alum-steel pipes.
yeh but i forget they offered the warrenty. my mistake
Old 05-04-2005, 03:43 PM

would the Budget Y sound good with a stillen catback.. no honda ricey sound?? this is what I am trying to prevent/avoid as much as possible.... i want my max to sound alomst like a BMW or VDUB w/remus... you know what I am talkin about..that nice growl...
Old 05-04-2005, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by jaemax
would the Budget Y sound good with a stillen catback.. no honda ricey sound?? this is what I am trying to prevent/avoid as much as possible.... i want my max to sound alomst like a BMW or VDUB w/remus... you know what I am talkin about..that nice growl...
The stillen full catback is going to sound loud and raspy since it doesn't have a resonator. If you really want a stillen exhaust, I woud suggest getting the muffler section, and buy a resonated b-pipe from budget (or have a muffler shop make you resonated piping).
Old 05-04-2005, 05:42 PM

do they still have the y pipes for $160 from warpspeed?
Old 05-04-2005, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by rome06
They should. Call them and tell them you are from the org. They will take care of you.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:47 PM

yes, i got mine monday for 160 shipped
Old 07-07-2006, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bobo
www.budgetexhaust.com

Click on LSS on the website as they have split off the exhaust division from the rest of the company.

It is a high performance y-pipe. I bought the Budget stainless steel y-pipe last June and highly recommend it. I believe the Warspeed is cheaper but it may be because its aluminized. Budget has an aluminized y-pipe as well, but stick with stainless steel particularly in the northeast US. Just my $0.02.
Hey I just tried this website and couldnt find it. Can someone put a direct link on? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:23 AM
B!tch We Got a Problem

Here you go lssexhaust.com
(905)681-9502
Old 07-07-2006, 12:29 PM

You can probably take it to be powder coated.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:06 PM

www.lssexhaust.com I got my aluminized y pipe from budget 4 days after i ordered it and I live in Jersey. It added a nice growl and no "bee in the can" noise at all and added plenty of power. Ill have to order a new one since my car was totaled and the lot where its at wont let me remove nething from the car...
Old 06-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

ordered my aluminzed y-pipe from warpspeed monday
where did you order it from? and i cant decide which one to go with for a y pipe budget or warpspeed??... and pointers?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:47 AM

http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/

You can't order online, you have to call them using the number on their website.

I just ordered an aluminized y-pipe a few days ago, it should be here soon. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

The warpspeed group deal is not going on anymore unfortunately. BTW, this thread is over two years old...just thought people should know that.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:30 PM

WOW!! old *** thread,

TWO FREAKEN YEARS OLD.......
Old 06-28-2007, 08:12 PM

WOW!! old *** thread,

TWO FREAKEN YEARS OLD.......
i dont get some of you orgers....if someone starts a new thread everyone is so quick to say "use the search function!" instead of helping BUT when someone actually does search and brings back an old thread to further ask questions they get flamed for bringing it back.

who cares if this thread is 2 years old....theres no peace with some of you.

btw i know this is off topic but i see this so much
Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by black_maxed95
i dont get some of you orgers....if someone starts a new thread everyone is so quick to say "use the search function!" instead of helping BUT when someone actually does search and brings back an old thread to further ask questions they get flamed for bringing it back.

who cares if this thread is 2 years old....theres no peace with some of you.

btw i know this is off topic but i see this so much
search does not mean search and bring back old threads....search means look for the answer before asking questions already answered. This stuff has been covered continuously and if you free search you can find so many threads with information that you don't need to post questions again. That's the point. The point of telling new guys to search is not to have them search and just post in an old thread. That's basically the same thing. All they do is find the thread in post in it. There is really no research to find the answer themselves and that's why people want them to search. It's beneficial for them as well cause they can learn something on their own instead of getting spoon fed.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Addicted to the Org

Correct me if I'm wrong, Isn't alot of the threads started by newbies? Cause the whole point of this forum is to educate, gather information, and to give opinions. If these newbies didn't post these threads, then what would there be to look at? Pretty much nothing!!! Also, as long as this site has been up, just about everything has been answered at some point in time, there is only so much you can talk about. But at the same time, It gives us something to do on here.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:10 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Originally Posted by starlessnight
where did you order it from? and i cant decide which one to go with for a y pipe budget or warpspeed??... and pointers?
I'd also encourage people to use Google to search for information on products like warpspeed or budget. I find it hard to believe that these old threads haven't already covered everything under the sun.

To Google type this in the search field:

Subject site:forums.maxima.org

for example: budget site:forums.maxima.org

I still use this method.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by maximized98
Correct me if I'm wrong, Isn't alot of the threads started by newbies? Cause the whole point of this forum is to educate, gather information, and to give opinions. If these newbies didn't post these threads, then what would there be to look at? Pretty much nothing!!! Also, as long as this site has been up, just about everything has been answered at some point in time, there is only so much you can talk about. But at the same time, It gives us something to do on here.
No, there are plenty of legit threads with people actually having problems with their car and need help. That's the point of this thread. To educate and learn about the car and yes be an enthusiast. But the point of this forum is not for new guys to come on and be spoon fed everything they want to know. It was the same when I joined. People did not want to answer questions I had that were already asked and answered. They pointed to the search and I began to find things on my own and asked more legit questions that were not covered. If people search you do find info and at least can narrow down a question because you know some info. Other people just come on here and ask general "help I want to mod my car" haha. How many things could people write in that thread? Way too much for a new guy to comprehend. Just the way I feel about this site. It's extremely helpful and the guys on here do help a lot when people don't expect to be spoon fed and do some leg work on their own. I've never had a problem with that.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Kevlo for President

Cool beans.