Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

My changing role

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 01:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My changing role

Well, I am not sure if this is in the correct forum so feel free to move or delete this thread.

As some/many of you know, I have been helping PFI sell kits at discounted rates. I have done my best in the past to get the best pricing by sourcing parts in different locations. When I started, I thought that this might be a good way to may a little money for my little project car, my beloved Maxima. Cutting deals here and there, that has not worked out so well, which is OK. For those of you who know me, this is not even close to my main bread and butter and has turned into more of helping out a fellow enthusiast. My job has required me to travel a lot more than I had originally planned and I no longer can afford the time to put into this. I have often felt trapped between supplier and Customer. Oftentimes, a delay from either PFI or PFI's suppliers (more often than PFI themselves) gets people annoyed (and rightly so in some cases) and I have to find a some way of explaining the situation and calming them down. I have been very fortunate that most of you have been very patient about wait times. Getting caught like this makes me feel very bad.

The last straw came when I was accused of lying about prices from a .org moderator recently. I will NOT sit idly by and be accused of lying whether it be by a moderator or anyone else. To that end, I have decided to change my role. I will not actively try to help sell kits anymore. I WILL still help a fellow enthusiast get a discount on PFI kits and maybe still sell kits at request only, but from now on they will deal with PFI directly. I do NOT need this kind of abuse from anyone! I feel very angry and frustrated about this particular situation. I have been thinking about it for a while and this is my decision. I will be discussing this more with PFI to see how we can best work this. I think they still have an excellent product.

I don't expect an apology or anything, I just wanted somewhere to vent. if this had come from anyone other than a moderator, I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but from a fairly well respected (at least one I used to respect) moderator, I couldn't let it go. If the moderator concerned wishes to continue to bash me publicly, please feel free to cos at this point I lose nothing. Just don't expect me to reply.

Like I said before, feel free to move or delete this if you wish.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Jer

Having been bashed (more than once, and in/out of PM) by a mod, I can share your pains Assumptions and improperly voiced opinions can lead to bad things happening... but we all make mistakes.

I'm sure that everyone [else] whom you've helped out appreciate your time and effort!

Oh and.... nice car
Old 07-22-2003, 05:43 AM

What a shame, sorry Nigel, I can understand your feelings.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:27 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Preaching to the choir

Often times, alot of these projects start out from the desire to help others, share some info etc but pretty soon it seems people :
1) Expect you to do the things you started to do out of kindness
2) wait for you to show any time of humanness so they can jump all over you and try to make you look bad.

There are a handful of people here who genuinely try to help and they get bombarded all day long with BS demands for people to tell them how to fix this or modify that.

I know there is not a ton of money to be made with manufacturing turbos, CF hoods etc. On the scale most people do it here, there is not enough markup to make it worthwhile long term, nor is there enough volume to make it a good source of income.

There is a lot of disillusionment regarding the actual cost of a lot of the stuff.

People forget that our jobs are not to make sure we please them and act in a manner which they believe to be appropriate.

If they do not like it....well then f*** them
D
Old 07-22-2003, 08:28 AM

Sad but completely understand. Mans gotta do what a Mans gotta do. He has to stand up for what he believes in.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Old 07-22-2003, 01:02 PM

you shouldn't help people with maxima's, it's a constant losing battle with no return.

i keep to myself a lot lately and help out those people that i know, but have no interest in pleasing all the lemings on this site. no one appreciates a group deal anymore and everything thinks that you are being arragont if you try and provide some knowledge.

i know you and i had talked for awhile and i appreciate all of your help, and i will be sure to show you some pictures of my turbo setup when its all said and done in the middle of august.

best of luck.

jason
Old 07-23-2003, 11:41 PM

sorry to hear that your having these issues nigel, I would have to say that you have always been here when i needed a question answered or help with my turbo or just with the car in general. So just wanted to say thanx for that and sorry for all the trouble some people have caused you.
Ryan
Old 07-24-2003, 12:04 AM
Ramius83

Man Nigel, that irritates me that someone pushed you this far for you to post this. Uhhh, I wish that people would keep their own minds and thoughts to themselves and shut-up. They just need to lay off of your back. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know that you have been having it tough with always being out of the country, but please hang in there. And I wanted to thank you personally for helping me and my buddy out. Believe me, your effort in this matter will NOT go unrewarded......Thanks again Nigel.

Old 07-24-2003, 12:20 PM

Nigel....

Honestly...you need to STFU with the whinning already. I've seen the email and it WAS NOT that bad.

You're blowing it WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion IMO.

Get over it! We appreciate your helping the Maxima community, but people CAN/WILL b!tch about pricing ESPECIALLY when it's so volatile. You NEED to keep your prices up-to-date, so people don't get mislead and have fuel to b!tch.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Nigel....

Hello. I do not frequent these message boards very often, so if there is something that I have missed that caused this sort of digital shouting, please ignore my words and flame away.

That said, perhaps some of the members of this message board obtained a warped perspective on what Nigel was trying to do. He is one of the most genuine people I have ever met, personally and business-wise. He was the guinea-pig, he paid a lot of money upfront covering development and jigging of the turbo kit that our shop produces. Where we have very limited time available to successfully market the product, he stepped up and ran with it.

We sell our turbo kit either direct at our normal price, or through Nigel at his reduced rates. Believe me, he isn't making much for his efforts. It makes no difference to me whether someone would rather place an order with us or through him. However, a couple of perks he has been able to offer -- shipping is included and the larger intercooler is part of his orders.

I'm not writing to step on anyone's toes. If anyone has any questions about our product, prices, options/upgrades, what's included, colors, tech support, etc., send me a message. My email is Bill@PFIspeed.com or you can always call us, 970-377-2216.

Originally posted by IceY2K1
Honestly...you need to STFU with the whinning already. I've seen the email and it WAS NOT that bad.

Get over it! We appreciate your helping the Maxima community, but people CAN/WILL b!tch about pricing ESPECIALLY when it's so volatile. You NEED to keep your prices up-to-date, so people don't get mislead and have fuel to b!tch.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:47 AM

Re: Re: Nigel....

Originally posted by PFI Pros
Hello. I do not frequent these message boards very often, so if there is something that I have missed that caused this sort of digital shouting, please ignore my words and flame away.

That said, perhaps some of the members of this message board obtained a warped perspective on what Nigel was trying to do. He is one of the most genuine people I have ever met, personally and business-wise. He was the guinea-pig, he paid a lot of money upfront covering development and jigging of the turbo kit that our shop produces. Where we have very limited time available to successfully market the product, he stepped up and ran with it.

We sell our turbo kit either direct at our normal price, or through Nigel at his reduced rates. Believe me, he isn't making much for his efforts. It makes no difference to me whether someone would rather place an order with us or through him. However, a couple of perks he has been able to offer -- shipping is included and the larger intercooler is part of his orders.

I'm not writing to step on anyone's toes. If anyone has any questions about our product, prices, options/upgrades, what's included, colors, tech support, etc., send me a message. My email is Bill@PFIspeed.com or you can always call us, 970-377-2216.

You didn't miss anything. Nobody is warped, just confused about what the CURRENT price is on the turbo setup sometimes. They are volatile, so people b!tch when they go up, but love it when they go down.

He's crying over email between TWO people, but feels the need to cast a negative light on ALL MODERATORS for the whole world to see by posting it in this forum. That's a pretty chicken **** thing to do to get sympathy from members who don't have ALL THE FACTS and then not respond IMO.

Nigel, where are you?
Old 07-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

EvilBill@PFIspeed.com

Old 07-25-2003, 01:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Re: Nigel....

Nigel is away in China currently as part of his occupation..

Also, I am unsure where the above misquoted email address for me came from, but the correct one is simply bill@pfispeed.com - I don't believe that I'm evil!!

Old 07-25-2003, 01:37 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigel....

Also, I am unsure where the above misquoted email address for me came from, but the correct one is simply bill@pfispeed.com - I don't believe that I'm evil!!

Hopefully you get the joke .. if not let me know
Old 07-25-2003, 01:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 07-25-2003, 03:09 PM

Old 07-28-2003, 04:44 PM

Save the DRAMA for your mama next time INSTEAD of wasting our time.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:42 AM
¿Hablas Español?

I'll vouch for the not evil comment.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:06 AM

He's crying over email between TWO people, but feels the need to cast a negative light on ALL MODERATORS for the whole world to see by posting it in this forum. That's a pretty chicken **** thing to do to get sympathy from members who don't have ALL THE FACTS and then not respond IMO.

I reread what Nigel wrote. Where did you get the idea he was casting a negative light on ALL MODERATORS (sic)? I saw him mention there being only one he had an issue with.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by Stephen Max

I reread what Nigel wrote. Where did you get the idea he was casting a negative light on ALL MODERATORS (sic)? I saw him mention there being only one he had an issue with.
So was that me, Bill, Kev, Jeff, Emax, Sprint, Clee, Ben, Matt, Dan, Tim, deezo, Mardi, Jay, Mathel, etc....?

He shouldn't have mentioned it was a moderator PERIOD! It was between him and ONE other person who's status as a moderator HAD NOTHING to do with it.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:42 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigel....

So was that me, Bill, Kev, Jeff, Emax, Sprint, Clee, Ben, Matt, Dan, Tim, deezo, Mardi, Jay, Mathel, etc....?

He shouldn't have mentioned it was a moderator PERIOD! It was between him and ONE other person who's status as a moderator HAD NOTHING to do with it.
Okay, now I see your point. Peace.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigel....

Originally posted by Stephen Max

Okay, now I see your point. Peace.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigel....

Well thought I would sync up the two different threads. There seems to be a little delay there.

Well obviously, my apology was not accepted. I don't think that name-calling is really called for, but I guess it really takes one to know one! I have retracted my statement about "all moderators", and apologized ... Bah, just wasting my time here! Now I know why you are called "******, player, moderator" ... probably in that order! Oh and when someone writes "... Maybe you don't realize I am one of the mods of the *** forum. And happen ..", I think that does have something to do with it!

What "facts"? I've read all the email you referred too and you pretty much acted like a whinny b!tch, just the same as here.

You shouldn't have mentioned it was a moderator PERIOD! No purpose in your "straw that broke the camel's back" sob story.

Sure sounded like crying to me and you were wrong in posting how you did.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by turbo97SE
Well, I am back. If I cast a negative light on all moderators then I apologize. That was not my intention. It is rather ironic that you do not have all the facts either and yet are criticizing me and calling me chicken ****! If I had truly wanted to cast a bad light on moderators in general I would have posted in other forums.

Actually, most moderators on this forum are most helpful and very kind, some even offering their home/work numbers to help fellow org members out. I am not crying about some email, just stating a FACT!

Anyway, I am not going to let this affect my relationship with PFI. They are good people with plenty of expertise. Why should I let one or two bitter people get in the way of that?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 08-04-2003, 09:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigel....

Originally posted by turbo97SE
Well thought I would sync up the two different threads. There seems to be a little delay there.

Well obviously, my apology was not accepted. I don't think that name-calling is really called for, but I guess it really takes one to know one! I have retracted my statement about "all moderators", and apologized ... Bah, just wasting my time here! Now I know why you are called "******, player, moderator" ... probably in that order! Oh and when someone writes "... Maybe you don't realize I am one of the mods of the *** forum. And happen ..", I think that does have something to do with it!
"takes one to know one!" Grow up.

It wasn't an apology...you fuked up and are too much of a pu$$y to admit it. Go cry somewhere else next time you need sympathy about your butt soreness. NOBODY cares.

PRIVATE email between a potential customer/seller and PUBLIC crying about how you aren't appreciated are two different issues. You shouldn't have brought it up, IF you didn't want to hear it and it's "wasting your time".

Go cry yourself to sleep now and leave PFI up to the task, since I'm sure they can more then deal with all the customer demands like accurate up-to-date pricing.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:58 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigel....

"takes one to know one!" Grow up.

It wasn't an apology...you fuked up and are too much of a pu$$y to admit it. Go cry somewhere else next time you need sympathy about your butt soreness. NOBODY cares.

PRIVATE email between a potential customer/seller and PUBLIC crying about how you aren't appreciated are two different issues. You shouldn't have brought it up, IF you didn't want to hear it and it's "wasting your time".

Go cry yourself to sleep now and leave PFI up to the task, since I'm sure they can more then deal with all the customer demands like accurate up-to-date pricing.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:00 AM

Old 08-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Nigel....

If you disagree with what Nigel is saying, then state you opinion professionally. There is no need for your vulgar responce. Nothing good comes of it.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:03 PM

Originally posted by ptatohed

If you disagree with what Nigel is saying, then state you opinion professionally. There is no need for your vulgar responce. Nothing good comes of it.
Same from his post.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:48 PM
¿Hablas Español?

Old 08-04-2003, 05:41 PM

Originally posted by joaquink
Nothing to see...move along.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:07 PM

Enough already!