Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Supercharger Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 06:25 PM

Supercharger Help

ok, I need more help, I am in kansas, which as you all know is not famous for its automotive innovations. Around here there are hondas as far as the eye can see with there little bells and wistles. When it comes down to it I walk on most of them but that is getting boring. I want to leave them standing still. I have decided to buy stillens supercharger, but I don't have the time to install it my self, and as most of you can understand I don't trust too many people with my Maxima. So my question to you is, can anyone tell me where is the nearest and best reviewed place to have a stillen super charger installed. I am not really to worried about price I want quality work. Also should I do 50 or 75 shot of nos.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Your garage.

Take the time to do it yourself with a friend or two. You'll learn alot, and you'll get the satisfaction of a job well done.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:31 PM

is that how you did yours?
Old 08-25-2003, 07:15 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Doing it yourself may seem neat, and yes you will learn a lot, but I advise AGAINST it if you are not a major gearhead. I have seen many threads about people having little problems here and there from an install error. Find a good boost guy near you, and have him do it. I was recommended to one, and as far as the installation of the actual kit, it has performed flawlessly.

If you really wanna know your car, do a 5spd conversion. That was seriously one of the most rewarding weekends of my life. I'll NEVER forget it.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:16 PM

By the way, Dave B. is in Kansas. He's a major gearhead and knows a lot about cars. Get in touch with him and chat some, he's a good guy..
Old 08-25-2003, 11:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Craig Mack
Doing it yourself may seem neat, and yes you will learn a lot, but I advise AGAINST it if you are not a major gearhead. I have seen many threads about people having little problems here and there from an install error. Find a good boost guy near you, and have him do it. I was recommended to one, and as far as the installation of the actual kit, it has performed flawlessly.

If you really wanna know your car, do a 5spd conversion. That was seriously one of the most rewarding weekends of my life. I'll NEVER forget it.
Werent you the one that had fuel lines installed backwards or something like that???
Old 08-25-2003, 11:53 PM

THe most I had done before installing my SC was installing a HAI.

With people from the .org's help, and a little bit of patience and research, it wasn't all that bad.

Except for my vacuum leak, which was caused by the MEVI install and not the SC install, I've never had major problems with the SC.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:40 AM

Re: Supercharger Help

Originally posted by dr_blaqueman
ok, I need more help, I am in kansas, which as you all know is not famous for its automotive innovations. Around here there are hondas as far as the eye can see with there little bells and wistles. When it comes down to it I walk on most of them but that is getting boring. I want to leave them standing still. I have decided to buy stillens supercharger, but I don't have the time to install it my self, and as most of you can understand I don't trust too many people with my Maxima. So my question to you is, can anyone tell me where is the nearest and best reviewed place to have a stillen super charger installed. I am not really to worried about price I want quality work. Also should I do 50 or 75 shot of nos.

I didnt install mine but I learned ALOT about it from having to make adjustments here and there. Have it done by a reputable shop but try to hang around the shop and learn as much as you can about the install... YOU"LL NEED IT!

Deac
Old 08-26-2003, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by 96shogunmax

Werent you the one that had fuel lines installed backwards or something like that???
That was me, but they were RIGHT the FIRST time. Someone *cough*SEXIMAGTR*cough* told me they were wrong. Then we phoned sx7r only to find out TurboTom had installed them right and Sexima was wrong. I still love him tho
Old 08-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Craig Mack

That was me, but they were RIGHT the FIRST time. Someone *cough*SEXIMAGTR*cough* told me they were wrong. Then we phoned sx7r only to find out TurboTom had installed them right and Sexima was wrong. I still love him tho

At least you got it right now.