Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

My Roots dream is becoming a reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003 | 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Maximajism94se
oh, and buy an american car puhleeeeeeeeez!

Nah, didn't you know it's smart and logical to put American parts on a Japanese car???? Get your head out of the sand man. Craig Mack is miles ahead of the rest of us

-Tony
Old 10-20-2003 | 10:52 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by araffio
Nah, didn't you know it's smart and logical to put American parts on a Japanese car???? Get your head out of the sand man. Craig Mack is miles ahead of the rest of us

-Tony
Just look at his "Ford" rims, his "yo way awesome sounding dual exhaust that ANY of his friends ever heard", and on his homepage..."Maxima SS"...wanna be a chevy, i guess or a ford, or now... pontiac grand prix.
Old 10-20-2003 | 10:58 PM

Supercharged Guys: People say i'm fast, but is what i'm doing cheating?

I loved that thread...

-Tony
Old 10-20-2003 | 11:06 PM

I like these...

Is it possible to make the V1 blower louder?

I Just raced a Suzuki Crotch Rocket....and won.
Old 10-21-2003 | 07:01 AM
Jer

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

Quit putting Craig Mack down for putting down his time, effort, and money to try something DIFFERENT with his car. At least he's making something happen as opposed to just cheap talk (you know who I am talking to).

If it does work out, I bet he'll put any Vortech'd S/C'd max to shame right off the line.. and it'd be interesting to see how well it performs against a turbo...

I guess some of you haven't heard the sound of an Eaton-Magnuson on a non-american car? (oh wait, that means anything with these SC's ie. Jaguar, Mini, Mercedes)...

You see the emoticon above munching on the giant popcorn bag? When his little tummy decides to expunge his meal, I will make sure he dumps all of his corn on your front doorstep!

And he hasn't gone prissy, sold his s/c, then decided he wanted it back again (you know who I am talking to x 2, sho<cough>ford-wanter<cough>). Here comes to flame war...
Old 10-21-2003 | 07:11 AM
living out of a maxima...

Why don't all you haters ease up a little bit? It's nice to see someone doing something different for change...

Do I think this will outperform a turbo kit? No. Do I think it will outperform his V1? Maybe in some respects. But does this matter? No. Craig wants a roots blower, so good for him.
Old 10-21-2003 | 07:15 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I agree...and I'm not gonna lie, Craig might make some mad corny posts sometimes about people stopping and worshiping his blower but I give him props for attempting this... I'm just not sure the results will even worth it though. wish i had money to throw around like that though back in high school...sheesh!
Old 10-21-2003 | 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by JeffesonM
Why don't all you haters ease up a little bit? It's nice to see someone doing something different for change...

Doesn't matter.... When you rub as many people the wrong way as Mr. Mack does, people are gonna tell you what they think of you're idiotic ideas. For someone who disrespects so many people, he should be able to take it in stride....

-Tony
Old 10-21-2003 | 09:12 AM
Jer

This is pathetic. Sign me out of this thread, let me know when the S/C install is a success.
Old 10-21-2003 | 11:43 AM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally Posted by Jer
This is pathetic. Sign me out of this thread, let me know when the S/C install is a success.

Agreed. I will PM you and a few others with updates and questions periodicly.
Old 10-21-2003 | 11:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

As easy as it is to make fun of and flame Craig, at least he's got the ***** to try something new.

Curious as to how this will turn out....would you actually be doing a dyno?
Old 10-21-2003 | 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
M90...

A complete waste of time and effort Craig.
There are much better choices for postive displacement superchangers than the crap M90.

www.whipple.com

http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...-flowzilla.htm <~~ If you REALLY want power, get respect for a project and make all the girls here wet their panties use this one.

Thanks man, I love you too. While Kenne Bell and other Twin Screws would own, you can't beat $345 for the M90 though! Find me a used twin screw in good condition for that price and I will be in owned. And besides, an interooled M90 at 10psi would be a monster! I've discussed these things with Dave B. before and will continue to do so, so if you wanna PM me with your thoughts please do.
Old 10-21-2003 | 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by KLoWnPR109

Curious as to how this will turn out....would you actually be doing a dyno?
I don't know....maybe i'll just let a few org members know how everything goes, and just keep it all to myself. After all, it's a sh!tty idea, a sh!tty design, my car is sh!tty, i'm sh!tty, ect. And of course i'm gonna dyno!
Old 10-21-2003 | 11:55 AM

post it in OT, Craig, I want to know too
Old 10-21-2003 | 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
I have been trying to contact you via AIM but either you arent signed on or I am blocked.

IMHO I don't think you'll ever be happy with the whimpy undersized M90. Which is why I say use a higher displacement twin screw for optimum performance or maybe even a M115.
I am usually on later. I definately don't have you blocked. (i dont have anyone blocked)

The M90 is recommended for 3.0-4.6L engines. The M112 is recommended for V8's only. I read on a GTP website that using an M112 on a smaller displacement V6 (proly talkin about their 3.8's) wouldn't yeild full boost until 2800rpm, whereas the M90 yeilded it at 2000. The M90 also spins faster. There were some other good points, I just can't remember. But I think the M112 is bigger, wouldn't fit anyways, and would be overkill for our small 3.0 engines.
Old 10-21-2003 | 03:43 PM
Handsome

Originally Posted by Craig Mack
Agreed. I will PM you and a few others with updates and questions periodicly.
Old 10-21-2003 | 08:00 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by slammed95
I don't mean to be negative, but I'm willing to bet that this will never happen.

And what are you talking about "Who wants the simplicity of a Supercharger setup?" It doesn't get more simple than a basic turbo setup.

Well, at least you can dream.
Turbo setups can be plenty complex...

And Craig, I hope it does work out. There's no reason it can't if you spend the time/money on it.
Old 10-21-2003 | 08:42 PM
VQ Wizard

Here is more reading material Craig.

http://www.kennebell.net/media/articles/LIGHTNING.pdf
Old 10-21-2003 | 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by JeffesonM

Do I think this will outperform a turbo kit? No. Do I think it will outperform his V1? Maybe in some respects. But does this matter? No. Craig wants a roots blower, so good for him.

Well when Craig wants to say stuff like this : quote "Ouch! Well, me and my "wanna be GM" would wipe the floor with your slow @ss max, V1 or Eaton. You 'aint got nothin on nobody b!tch. So why don't you go eat **** and die motha f#cka!!!!!!! " Then I dont have any respect for him or his childish ways. (THE THREAD ) So for all you friends of his this is my reason and if you looked up a few posts this is what he said to tony "go f#ck yourself you cuntrag." Real grown up of him huh? I dont see why whoever has charge over these forums dont say anything to him. I have seen others get banned for stupid crap, yet alone he can say all these things and get away with it and get all these people to back him up, like buddies.

Jer - If I wanted to sell my S/C and buy another after that...Thats all my buisness not yours. You obviously didnt want those pullies, you been saying you were gonna buy them for a whole year from me..havent heard from you yet. I wouldnt want another V2 because of the belt problems. Maybe a V1 if I can find a good one.
Old 10-21-2003 | 10:29 PM

-Tony
I could be wrong but aren't Vortech s/c's made in america? If they are, would they not be considered american parts? On top of that, it appears most of the Vortech stuff is made for American cars and very few imports. Stillen is the one who set a kit up for the Maxima. What you said makes no sense.

This should be a sweet setup when it's done. Good luck on everything and let me know how it goes if you would.
Old 10-22-2003 | 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by mtcookson
I could be wrong but aren't Vortech s/c's made in america? If they are, would they not be considered american parts? On top of that, it appears most of the Vortech stuff is made for American cars and very few imports. Stillen is the one who set a kit up for the Maxima. What you said makes no sense.

This should be a sweet setup when it's done. Good luck on everything and let me know how it goes if you would.

It makes perfect sense. The part came directly off an American car. The M90 comes stock on GTP's.

-Tony
Old 10-22-2003 | 06:58 AM
ejj

It makes perfect sense. The part came directly off an American car. The M90 comes stock on GTP's.

-Tony
So what? A supercharger is a supercharger. As mentioned, my (and everyone's) Vortech blower is an american part...hell, Vortech's primary market is the mustang crowd.

You guys bashing Craig for trying something new a morons, plain and simple. I get a kick out of Craig, and he's a bit different, but I really hope that he can make this work. At least he has the ***** to try something new unlike 99% of people here that just do what others have done.

Craig, could you keep me informed of your progress as well?
Old 10-22-2003 | 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by ejj
I get a kick out of Craig, and he's a bit different, but I really hope that he can make this work. At least he has the ***** to try something new unlike 99% of people here that just do what others have done.

Craig, could you keep me informed of your progress as well?
I can't get a kick out any disrespectful teenager cursing people out, sorry...

and different does not mean better.

-Tony
Old 10-22-2003 | 07:11 AM
ejj

and different does not mean better.
And we won't know until someone steps up and tries it...don't see anyone else making the effort.
Old 10-22-2003 | 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by 96shogunmax
Well when Craig wants to say stuff like...blah blah blah...Real grown up of him huh?...blah blah... all these people to back him up, like buddies.
So it's pretty clear you don't like Craig... good for you. But instead of ignoring him, you hop on his thread and take shots at his project??? That sounds real grown up.
and if you looked up a few posts this is what he said to tony "go f#ck yourself you cuntrag."
Ummm... yeah. That was in response to this constructive, grown-up comment:
Man, what a huge waste of money....

-Tony
If you guys don't like Craig, add him to your (not you're) ignore list, don't read his threads and move on.
Old 10-22-2003 | 09:34 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

People who hold "internet grudges" for longer then 5mins. need to relax and understand it's all for fun ESPECIALLY towards someone like Craig who's still in high school. Jeez, I can only imagine how cocky and stupid I would have acted.

B!tching about what some says/does XXXX days/hours ago and then "hating" on them from that point on is and you need a life. As Bill used to say, go outside and enjoy life once in awhile. THIS IS THE INTERNET and something we do for fun NOT a job you need to feed your family or something. Too many people take **** personal nowadays and act like someone pi$$ed on their moms' grave or something. Get over it!

Hating on Craig NOW because of what he's done in the past is STUPID, plain and simple. If you don't like him STFU and don't post in his threads or better yet put him on your "Ignore List" under "Profile". Following him around just to bash on him in threads is and doesn't help you learn, contribute, or have fun(unless your sick like that).
Old 10-22-2003 | 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
People who hold "internet grudges" for longer then 5mins. need to relax and understand it's all for fun ESPECIALLY towards someone like Craig who's still in high school. Jeez, I can only imagine how cocky and stupid I would have acted.

B!tching about what some says/does XXXX days/hours ago and then "hating" on them from that point on is and you need a life. As Bill used to say, go outside and enjoy life once in awhile. THIS IS THE INTERNET and something we do for fun NOT a job you need to feed your family or something. Too many people take **** personal nowadays and act like someone pi$$ed on their moms' grave or something. Get over it!

Hating on Craig NOW because of what he's done in the past is STUPID, plain and simple. If you don't like him STFU and don't post in his threads or better yet put him on your "Ignore List" under "Profile". Following him around just to bash on him in threads is and doesn't help you learn, contribute, or have fun(unless your sick like that).
Well said.
Old 10-22-2003 | 10:49 AM

It took one person to get a turbo fabbed for the Max so why wouldn't this project be possible? I definitely want to see how this turns out.

Good luck Craigy poopoo!!!!!
Old 10-22-2003 | 10:56 AM

I can't get a kick out any disrespectful teenager cursing people out, sorry...

-Tony

Apparently some people get a "kick out of it" for it to go on without any actions.
Old 10-22-2003 | 11:03 AM

Meaning?

10chars.

Apparently some people get a "kick out of it" for it to go on without any actions.
Old 10-22-2003 | 11:05 AM

Meaning?

10chars.
Meaning just what it says
Old 10-22-2003 | 11:09 AM

Define "some people", otherwise I don't know what you mean and don't want to jump to the conclusion that you're implying moderators.

Meaning just what it says
Old 10-22-2003 | 11:19 AM

Define "some people", otherwise I don't know what you mean and don't want to jump to the conclusion that you're implying moderators.

Everybody in this thread knows exactly what it means, he can get away with it when others have been warned/banned for being threatening like that
Old 10-22-2003 | 11:48 AM

Auuugh...so you do mean moderators.

Well FIRST, did you use the "Report Post to Moderator" button?

Second, it may be news to you, but the moderators aren't here to BABYsit jackazz fools. Yes, that's part of the job, but we aren't paid **** and the amount of tolerance we have to moderate BS posts vary. We don't have time to read all posts nor care too. That's not our job.

We are here to learn, HAVE FUN, and contribute the same as members, however we are also given the task to keep the forums running as smooth as possible. IF you guys feel like someone is out of control, click the little "Report Post" button. If you don't, why are you complaining? IF a moderator responds, good. If not, maybe he didn't feel it was warranted or maybe he just didn't care to weed through it all and clean it up. Cleaning a thread takes time ESPECIALLY with our server when it's busy, so that may determine if the posts are removed or not or it's just DELETED like I choose to do.

Next, if you think I care if people cuss each other out or whine this or that....I really don't. I laugh and go on. You should too. I care about helping get misplaced threads to the place of most help and keeping VALUED information from disappearing NOT babysitting.

Anyways, I'm done. Thickheaded jackazzes like yourself who BLAME moderators for BS that's of no value don't understand the purpose of this side and don't deserve to be here, you won't be soon.

Everybody in this thread knows exactly what it means, he can get away with it when others have been warned/banned for being threatening like that
Old 10-22-2003 | 11:51 AM
I'm needing a caw

Do you fish?

Old 10-22-2003 | 11:55 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

damn this is really bothering some of you guys...wow.
Old 10-22-2003 | 12:01 PM

The really sad part is that I spent the last 30mins reading this thread to find that it's about to be locked.....

Anyway, Craig....has your "guy" thought about how he's going to intercool the blower AFTER it's been custom installed? You do realize that the intercooler is supposed to go under the blower in that setup? Are you figuring in that if your boost comes in too soon, you WILL have traction issues which will then minimize your overall gains?

Yes you are correct in thinking that the blower assembly is cheaper to find USED and it is more reliable (longevity wise), but it is also less efficient and puts out a ton of heat. It sounds like when you're done you will have a few thousands in the project. How does it compare to any other FI project dollar wise?

I give you props for trying something different, but I also give you low marks in doing your homework. It seems, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you are putting a lot of your confidence and "knowledge" on "your blower guy" and that seems kinda dangerous, don't you? There are thousands of pages of text you could have read thru before embarking on this project. Not saying you shouldn't have done it, just saying that it seems like it's not planned as well as it should have for a "pioneer" type project. I personally think that you should know about as much as your mechanic when you are doing a project. Not when you are diagnosing a problem (you wouldn't need one if you knew what the problem was), but in doing the actual planning of a project like this. In reading thru this entire thread, I just don't get the feeling that you are completely up to speed with what it takes to get to your goal. You have a very clear goal and you have a clear starting point, but I don't think you have a clear view of what it's going to take to get there.

I'm just playing devils advocate. I have a Max that's pretty fast (or at least was before the electrical gremlins got it), and I have a boosted LEX. I'm not trying to hate at all. If you pull this project off, more power to you and actually all Max owners because it will give them yet another option for FI. I just think you probably should have thought it out a little better before starting flame wars with others about how the project is going to turn out.

My long .02.
Old 10-22-2003 | 12:03 PM

Next, if you think I care if people cuss each other out or whine this or that....I really don't. I laugh and go on. You should too. I care about helping get misplaced threads to the place of most help and keeping VALUED information from disappearing NOT babysitting.

I'm sure you'd care if I cursed you out, moderator or non-moderator. How you'd feel is exactly how I feel now. Only difference is that you have the power to ban someone and I don't....
Just because things are typed in letters and not said out loud in person means nothing, they are still said from one person to another.
If you honestly think Craig Mack does not step way out of line time and time again, then something is seriously wrong here...

-Tony
Old 10-22-2003 | 12:05 PM

Auuugh...so you do mean moderators.

Well FIRST, did you use the "Report Post to Moderator" button?

Second, it may be news to you, but the moderators aren't here to BABYsit jackazz fools. Yes, that's part of the job, but we aren't paid **** and the amount of tolerance we have to moderate BS posts vary. We don't have time to read all posts nor care too. That's not our job.

We are here to learn, HAVE FUN, and contribute the same as members, however we are also given the task to keep the forums running as smooth as possible. IF you guys feel like someone is out of control, click the little "Report Post" button. If you don't, why are you complaining? IF a moderator responds, good. If not, maybe he didn't feel it was warranted or maybe he just didn't care to weed through it all and clean it up. Cleaning a thread takes time ESPECIALLY with our server when it's busy, so that may determine if the posts are removed or not or it's just DELETED like I choose to do.

Anyways, I'm done. Thickheaded jackazzes like yourself who BLAME moderators for BS that's of no value don't understand the purpose of this side and don't deserve to be here, you won't be soon.
I did use the "Report Post to Moderator" button a few days ago, and if you want to ban me for being right , because you are high and mighty you think, then go for it. I did nothing wrong. I just see a few people who look to be his buddies and dont/or wont face up to the fact that that was just wrong.
Old 10-22-2003 | 12:17 PM

Search for "thebigsaddler"'s post on custommaxima.com's turbo dyno or more recently look in the 5th gen forum for the "2K2 engine blown, not warrantied" post by SmokinOdum, if you care to see I don't.

Words on the internet are like a fart in the wind to me. Doesn't really matter.

I don't babysit Craig, since he doesn't post in my forum. However, I've seen what he does in the SC forum and General and it's funny MOST of the time and harmless IMO.

Again, I'm not sure what your age is, but don't forget you're talking to a high schooler who is what 17-18yrs. old max? If you can't laugh at immature cocky comments from a TEENAGER, who can you laugh at.

I'm sure you'd care if I cursed you out, moderator or non-moderator. How you'd feel is exactly how I feel now. Only difference is that you have the power to ban someone and I don't....
Just because things are typed in letters and not said out loud in person means nothing, they are still said from one person to another.
If you honestly think Craig Mack does not step way out of line time and time again, then something is seriously wrong here...

-Tony

Quick Reply: My Roots dream is becoming a reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!