Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Fuel system, ECU, ignition timing, what is everyone running?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
just curious why you say use the J&S over the Emanage's timing retard capabilities?(granted it eventually works 100%)
eManage retards equally across all cylinders according to RPM, however that's something you have to tune with a knock meter of some sort on a dyno.

J&S retards PER CYLINDER according to the amount of knock it sees or you program. It can add retard according to boost and/or pressure plus some other goodies I haven't had a chance to play with yet. Soon.

my other concern with Emanage is that the stock MAF is still maxing out...although the pressure sensor can read and scale higher than the stock MAF, the Emanage is still reading from the MAF and I've still yet to see how it does any compensation for the MAF when it reaches its peak voltage...I'm not saying it doesn't, but I've yet to find a clear explanation. seeing as how the airflow map(to take away fuel) is strictly based on TPSxRPM and makes adjustments to t he MAF signal, where does the Greddy MAP come into play?? how can it when te point of the airflow map is strictly MAF manipulation? matter of fact in the airflow adjustment map, you can't even scale it in Psi. I'm starting to believe the pressure sensor is only good for scaling the maps in PSI when using the additional injector or ignition tables...but I've been confused on this for a while so I'm in the same boat if everyone else is stumped...now whos confused after reading that
You may be right, I don't know.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Mishap
He had the FMU in while the car was running factory injectors. Haven't taken it out nor have we even bothered to put in his fuel pressure gauge. Neither of us has much time w/ the E-manage install taking a bit longer than expected. It is dialed all the way down so it's base fuel pressure is much lower.

As for the problems w/ the injector harnes...I only had the crappy Haynes manual to go by for tapping the injector wires so it seems I might have tapped the wrong wires causing the E-manage to throw error codes whenever the injector harness is activated.
Maybe if your brother called me after I left him a message Id be able to help him better.

The pins for the injectors on a 97 are:

Injector1 - Pin 102 - Red/Black
Injector2 - Pin 109 - Red/Green
Injector3 - Pin 104 - Red/Yellow
Injector4 - Pin 111 - Black/Orange
Injector5 - Pin 106 - Blue/White
Injector6 - Pin 113 - Purple/Red

Dixit
Old 02-20-2004, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by BigDogJonx
Maybe if your brother called me after I left him a message Id be able to help him better.

The pins for the injectors on a 97 are:

Injector1 - Pin 102 - Red/Black
Injector2 - Pin 109 - Red/Green
Injector3 - Pin 104 - Red/Yellow
Injector4 - Pin 111 - Black/Orange
Injector5 - Pin 106 - Blue/White
Injector6 - Pin 113 - Purple/Red

Dixit
Well if it's any consolation, me accidentally tapping the wires for his transmission and making his car shift only at 5000rpm is his punishment for not checking his messages. It was interesting when his car shifts at full line pressure randomly.

Thanks for the help, I'll try to rewire it today.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:09 PM

What year is considered for the Z32 MAF or the Cobra. why the the stang CObra?
Old 02-20-2004, 12:52 PM

z32 maf is the same for all 90-96 300zx turbo and non turbo

the z32 maf is also the same as the maf on all years of the infinity J30

not sure on cobra maf
Old 02-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Whatever JWT says...they program their ECU for the MAF.

Originally Posted by maxlinegtr
What year is considered for the Z32 MAF or the Cobra. why the the stang CObra?
Old 02-24-2004, 04:56 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

okay heres my final conclusion on the Greddy pressure sensor and it apparent "taking over" when the stock MAF maxes out...

"Greddy Pressure Sensor – This is a 3-bar air pressure sensor add-on. With it, you can tune your fuel maps with this sensor's output as the basis for tuning instead of the car's airflow signal input. This is primarily used when you've overrun the capacity of the stock airflow meter. Whether or not you need this is a tough question – it's really best to run the car without it first and see if you're maxing out the stock airflow meter signal before investing in the pressure sensor." (from the Greddy FAQ on Mohdparts)

basically people are believing it will compensate automatically for the stock MAF when it maxes out, but if you read the above VERY closely, it simply states, for TUNING purposes....ie- when you record/live communicate with the datalogger, you can view your MAF voltage and then make changes based on its voltage readings...of course when its maxed out you can no longer do that...SO by adding the pressure sensor you can then "convert" its voltage output readings(which is displayed in the datalog/live communication) and contiune to tune based off of voltage output as if the stock MAF was still reading(in reality it isn't and that isn't good)...so at this point I'm 99% sure the pressure sensor has no active role in the cars actual operation, its only a tool used to base tuning off of after the stock MAF voltage has maxed. so the Z32 MAF is most likely still a necessity I'm thinking once the stock MAF is maxed...something to think about again I'm no expert, just stating my findings.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:01 AM

Exactly Addae, I think people keep thinking its an automatic process when its almost 100% manual.

Dixit
Old 02-28-2004, 02:38 PM

So I was thinking... you guys with the 370cc injectors should consider this. Instead of using a boost referenced FMU to extend the out put of the 370's use an adjustable FPR and up the fuel pressure to 4 bar (58psi), this changes the 370s to a ~427cc injector (relative to 3.0bar, 43.5psi), Then just tell the e-manage that you actually have 427cc injectors. Use a A32 MAF and you should now be good till ~400bhp as compared to ~350bhp. You should be able to get more out of it considering the 1:1 ratio of most adjustable FPR's., at 14psi you may be able to get close to ~450bhp, which is what most of the turbos you guys are using will max out at anyways When running this high fuel pressure set up a Walbro GSS342 HP is a must, most in line "boost pumps" wont hang with the GPG needed at the higher pressures.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:11 PM

Good Info Mardi!