Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

S/C Fuel Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 07:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

S/C Fuel Delivery

Well I bought a V1 S/C kit off a fellow .org member and I plan on installing in next month or two

For fuel delivery if I want dont want to go FMU route and do the ECU for fuel delivery ??... I plan on gettin 370's, MAF, S/C program and raised rev limiter by winter but my question is will I need the FMU if I go with the ECU upgrade ?? what if I Put in the FMU now and run that till I get the ECu in the mail..then just take the FMU out ?? I dont know the order of everything:

If i do the ECU right away and not the 370's and MAF will my car run like sh*t ?? all at once or none ??

this kit comes with a cartech FMU, FRP...I will need to buy the 370 and the MAF>... I will also be running a 3.125
another thing, this kit comes with a vortech inline fuel pump, anyone running this kind of pump ?? should I buy a Walbro instead ??

Im really new to all of this so please go easy on me

-matt
Old 03-25-2004, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by matty
Well I bought a V1 S/C kit off a fellow .org member and I plan on installing in next month or two

For fuel delivery if I want dont want to go FMU route and do the ECU for fuel delivery ??... I plan on gettin 370's, MAF, S/C program and raised rev limiter by winter but my question is will I need the FMU if I go with the ECU upgrade ?? what if I Put in the FMU now and run that till I get the ECu in the mail..then just take the FMU out ?? I dont know the order of everything:

If i do the ECU right away and not the 370's and MAF will my car run like sh*t ?? all at once or none ??

this kit comes with a cartech FMU, FRP...I will need to buy the 370 and the MAF>... I will also be running a 3.125
another thing, this kit comes with a vortech inline fuel pump, anyone running this kind of pump ?? should I buy a Walbro instead ??

-matt
Fuel pump: Many people are using the Vortech inline pump. Using a Walbro in-tank pump makes SC installation easier, I think. No aux pump wiring to deal with.

FMU: You won't need the fmu with the JWT ecu and 370 cc/min injectors, but it's kind of nice to have a way to fatten up the fuel curve if you need to without having to resort to an air flow converter. I would keep it. Anything that enhances tuneability is good, as far as I am concerned.

ECU: If you have the ecu programmed for the 370 cc/min injectors, then you are going to have to install the injectors and the JWT ecu at the same time, otherwise you will run too lean.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by matty

if you get the JWT ECU, you shouldnt need FMU to boost up your fuel pressure. your new ECU has a fuel map for SC'ed maxima. I know Matthel (turbo95max) and stephenmax both use JWT ecu without the FMU.

I dont think your stock injectors are able to support enough fuel without the FMU. or are you saying do the ECU first without installing the SC? if so, it will make your car run rich because the ECU thinks that you have a supercharger in it.

again, you dont injectors if you have FMU to boost your fuel pressure for more fuel delivery. your stock MAF should be able to support enough air flow. You can use the FPR to lower your base fuel pressure and the cartech to adjust the raising fuel pressure rate so you wont max out your fuel injector.

vortech inline pump - if it is a t-rex pump and its flow rate of 50 GPH (gallon per hour) will be fine. but an in-tank performance pump is always preferred because your stock in tank pump is not a high pressure rated pump.

-matt
it's ok, I am always gentle with newbies j/k

happy boosting.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
Fuel pump: Many people are using the Vortech inline pump. Using a Walbro in-tank pump makes SC installation easier, I think. No aux pump wiring to deal with.

FMU: You won't need the fmu with the JWT ecu and 370 cc/min injectors, but it's kind of nice to have a way to fatten up the fuel curve if you need to without having to resort to an air flow converter. I would keep it. Anything that enhances tuneability is good, as far as I am concerned.

ECU: If you have the ecu programmed for the 370 cc/min injectors, then you are going to have to install the injectors and the JWT ecu at the same time, otherwise you will run too lean.

you always beat me