Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Plz LOOK and HELP, i need some exerienced opinions about my S/C im putting in

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 04:48 PM

Plz LOOK and HELP, i need some exerienced opinions about my S/C im putting in

Okay i have a 1998 nissan maxima SE
I have the following mods done to my car:

Exhaust:
Warpspeed 3" Headers back FULL exhaust

Suspension:
Stillen Front Strut-bar
Stillen Rear Strut-bar
Stillen Rear Sway-bar
Eibach Springs
Tokico Illumina adjustable Shocks

Brakes:
Wilwood Big Brake (fit on 16? wheel)
Rear Stillen Slotted Rotors
Rear Matrix Kevlar Pads
Stillen Breaklines

Transmission:
Stillen Short Shifter
ACT Stage 1 Street Clutch
Stillen Alum Flywheel
Amsoil High Performance Transmission Fluid

Stillen Oil Cooler- $330
HKS Twin Power Ignition- $650
Middle Eastern Variable Intake Manifold (with STOCK ECU)

I just have a few questions i would like to get answered if at all possible

-Is there anything else i should do as far as mods before I Put the V2 Supercharger into my car?
-what is going to be needed after the installation(ive heard of smaller pullys, and also the belts breaking)(where can i find pullys and belts and which are the best)
-Where can i find an Intercooler for the V2 Stillen Supercharger which is the best??? where can i buy???
-What is the best blowoff valve for the supercharger, where can i find it to purchase it
-After the supercharger installation is it possible to order the Jim Wolf ECU so that my VI will be more usefull. or will the supercharger stop me from being able to put that ECU into the vehicle
-how much boost will my engine handle at certain PSI's and what mods can i do too accomadate the PSI increase safely.

Please can somone take the time to answer these questions as best possible and please try to avoid just throwing me to past posts aimlessly, please put time into helping me out it will be much appriciated.

thank you
Old 05-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by mighteatyou
-Is there anything else i should do as far as mods before I Put the V2 Supercharger into my car?
a bumper sticker that reads "Owned by Stillen"
Old 05-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I believe almost every question above can be answered in the FAQs.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Your in Warwick... come to Newburgh and I will answer all of your questions with a test drive. I've done just about everything you want to do, if you want to see it all together, I'll be glad to show you, and answer any questions you may have.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:15 AM

your kit will come with everything you need to get started. you really dont need a intercooler i heard it slows you down. the jwt is perfect for the s/c i have one also. 9 lbs of boost max without any additional upgrades after that you have to change injectors etc. metal pullies are suggested due to the melting of the plastic ones. i heard the blitz bov is nice cause the plastic one that comes with our kits is inferior. right now im running a 3.125 pulley at 11lbs with nitrous.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by C MAX
your kit will come with everything you need to get started. you really dont need a intercooler i heard it slows you down. the jwt is perfect for the s/c i have one also. 9 lbs of boost max without any additional upgrades after that you have to change injectors etc. metal pullies are suggested due to the melting of the plastic ones. i heard the blitz bov is nice cause the plastic one that comes with our kits is inferior. right now im running a 3.125 pulley at 11lbs with nitrous.
So you need to upgrade injectors after 9lbs of boost, I thought that our injectors if tuned right(ie safc, emanage) could support 10lbs of boost and still be safe?
Old 05-21-2004, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by chris'smax
So you need to upgrade injectors after 9lbs of boost, I thought that our injectors if tuned right(ie safc, emanage) could support 10lbs of boost and still be safe?
yes if you have those devices. but i think our set ups go from 9lbs with 3.3 pulley to 11lbs with 3.125 pulley, thats why unless you can make a pulley to just reach 10lbs. but it still will spike past ten i have seen 14lbs with my 11lb pulley. what happens is you put to much stress on the injectors and they could possibly fail.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
a bumper sticker that reads "Owned by Stillen"

BWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....

Auuugh THANKS...needed that~!