Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

SC Back In

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

SC Back In

Well I got my blower back from Vortech yesterday and put it back in today...install went ok but i had one question throughout the install..

V1 Blower Kit
I switched to a Dayco pulley (underneath Blower on the V1 plate) part # is the correct one I just cant think of it right now. Well after the install I started it and stopped it real quick and notice the belt was a tad bit off on the alternator and only the alternator...after running it a few minutes I didnt notice any unusual wear on the belt but its still off a tad bit

If I Look at it from the top, its UP on the left side of the pulley ...Just a tad bit....kinda like the idler pulley (The dayco) is a tad, Tinny tinnny bit too far out from the plate. The pulley I had on there (Im assuming it was the stock Stillen One) used no spacers or anything on the V1 plate and the bolt holding the dayco fit the same except for a spacer on the outside of things fit inside the dayco pulley and didnt inside my other Unit..>Before I used the dayco I Put both of them on and made sure they sat the same on the plate..they did....The dayco does have quite a bit smaller side walls then what I was using

Should I be worried or nah ??
I dont want problems down the road...cause possibly that little bit off is normal and It may have been the same last time

-matt
Old 11-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Sports Button FTW

look who's back . free bump for my V1 buddy reppin jersey
Old 11-17-2004, 09:18 AM

anyone wanna chime in >>

-matt
Old 11-17-2004, 09:28 AM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

if it's on the rail for the alternator pulley - which is what it sounds like you're describing - you'll probably shread that portion
Old 11-17-2004, 09:58 AM

If its not coming off it shouldnt be a problem. Give it some time and see what happens.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:34 AM

I dont know what would cause this to happen...Im using everything the same expept for that different Dayco I have on there...

-matt
Old 11-17-2004, 10:45 AM

I have the dayco on my car and it works perfect
Old 11-17-2004, 07:00 PM

Are you useing any spacers for it ?? is there a spacer that fits inside the outside of the pulley under the bolt ??

-matt
Old 11-17-2004, 07:08 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

maybe switch the sides that it is mounting on.

for the alternator problem, i put bolt that you run through the plate and into the alternator on the other side. it is only going through the plate at the very end so there is no play on the angle that the alternator would be on, but the belt pulls it in.

if you dont mind me asking, are you using gates or gatorback. if youre using gates, i would be less worried. they typically lose a rib.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:18 PM

no, I dont have any washers on it. It doesnt matter which way you put the pulley on cause it is equal on both sides. If you have a little patience and finess you can take the idler pulley off with out taking the whole bracket off. That would save you some time.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:23 PM

I just read the post about losing a rib. I have actually burnt 3 ribs off but still had the full width on the top. I have seen some ride with one rib gone, I had this happen to me once when I was figuring out the whole idler pulley replacement. Try without washer. I bet if you have one on there that is the problem. Good luck
Old 11-17-2004, 07:23 PM

Finess ??? Theres no way the bold has enough room to back out to make the turn to come off the plate...well the bolt I used is too long

I dont have a washer on there...between the plate and the pulley, there is nothing but the post thats on the plate...I believe I need to add a small washer,,,,a very small washer

-matt
Old 11-18-2004, 04:31 AM

Well, you must not have either! You have to stick the bolt through the pulley before you try to put the pulley on the post. It "just" fits when horizontal between mounting bracket and what ever inner wall that is. Im going to pull mine off in about 10 min. My blower is way past time to get rebuilt, I just cant give it up. If I see anything that may be helpful to you I will let you know. I was j/k about that first line..
Old 11-18-2004, 09:37 AM

Anyone else want to chime in ?? will have it off a tiny bit be a a problem ??

-matt
Old 11-18-2004, 11:38 AM

No washer on the inside. I do have a washer on the outside. I am running n/a with no bolts on the chain drive case where the bracket would bolt up to. I have never had such a hard time ever before trying to put the bracket back on. I was planning on putting the bracket back on so all the bolts would fit tight but after several attempts to just get it on, f@#$ it. You would think its easier than having the blower on but... I hope I can drive around the way it is. I took the oil return line and connected it to the oil feed line. My max is def busted now Vortech better fix my intake quick! Hey Matt, did you fix your issue yet?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by vortechpower
... I took the oil return line and connected it to the oil feed line ...
An easier way is to just get a pipe plug and block off the end of the oil feed line.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:42 PM

True, but I had to work with what I have. Everything seems ok. Im off to UPS now to send it home. I hope they do a better job than what they did for MAtty his first go around.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:29 PM

Well I managed to switch back to my old pulley from Dayco to Fenner Drive Pulley, without taking the entire blower assembaly off...I took off all the crank case bolts, and the belt and turned the blower back towards the fire wall to clear the 3/4" bolt to take the pulley off...I didnt wanna take the drain line off at all witch worked out ok..
I got the old one (Fenner Drive Pulley) and everything seems good now...its right on line from what I can see

-matt