Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

What Idle problems/emanage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 03:26 PM

What Idle problems/emanage?

I will be running a 2.87 or 2.62 pulley with injector/ignition harness and psi sensor for boosting when I max out stock maf, and using emanage to tune the 500-550cc for everything from idle to max throttle/boost with no fmu.

I don't understand why shadow is having to tune with a sard and why he doesn't just use emanage? Also I am under the impression that the set up i plan to use above will require no fmu etc, it will all be taken care of by emanage.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

You'll still want the Z32 MAF....the MAP sensor is for tuning beyond the MAF capabilities and not for when you exceed the stock A32 MAF off the dyno.

Sorry, but OT.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:29 PM

I'm not tuning with the SARD. I'm trying to drop the idle fuel pressure so the car will start and idle correctly. On startup, the car is running off of a preset program and the emanage can't do anything.

Originally Posted by crewchief264
I will be running a 2.87 or 2.62 pulley with injector/ignition harness and psi sensor for boosting when I max out stock maf, and using emanage to tune the 500-550cc for everything from idle to max throttle/boost with no fmu.

I don't understand why shadow is having to tune with a sard and why he doesn't just use emanage? Also I am under the impression that the set up i plan to use above will require no fmu etc, it will all be taken care of by emanage.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
You'll still want the Z32 MAF....the MAP sensor is for tuning beyond the MAF capabilities and not for when you exceed the stock A32 MAF off the dyno.

Sorry, but OT.
i don't agree that I'll need an z32 maf. I will not be maxing the voltage on the a32 until close to redline, so that is where the emanage psi sensor comes in. When I'm dyno tuning the car with the emanange we can opt to use the psi sensor inputs rather than that of the maf since it will be maxed out or close to it! Please correct me if you think this wrong?
Old 02-08-2005, 02:28 PM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

i concur...........
Old 02-08-2005, 03:36 PM

Per eManage SM "duty cycle of the injector cannot exceed 100%", so at 100% MAF capacity, you are at 100% duty cycle and the injector harness can't add more via the Additional Injection Setting map.

Even if you could increase fuel via the injector duty cycle, once you exceed the MAF, you are no longer an airflow referenced system and any changes after you dyno tune via the MAP sensor will affect the AFR like temperature/humidity.

For $50 or whatever for a Z32, you'd be . Just my .02.

Originally Posted by seximagtr
i concur...........
Old 02-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Blu
the tits

i don't agree that I'll need an z32 maf. I will not be maxing the voltage on the a32 until close to redline, so that is where the emanage psi sensor comes in. When I'm dyno tuning the car with the emanange we can opt to use the psi sensor inputs rather than that of the maf since it will be maxed out or close to it! Please correct me if you think this wrong?
What kind of power do you expect to be making? I dont see why you need 550's if you aren't going to be making enough power to max out the A32 MAF. That is unless you plan to jack up the FP via a FPR and lean out the low end using emanage.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
I dont see why you need 550's if you aren't going to be making enough power to max out the A32 MAF.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:58 PM

It's the same money for a Z32 MAF. Just buy a J30 one, same thing and it's $40-$80 on eBay. Isn't the MAP sensor more than that? I was going to go the MAP route until I found out about the whole lack of airflow measurement. You really shouldn't be using a static measurement taken from one dyno tune to control your fuel management on the street.

And the others are right, why 550's if you're only maxing out an A32 MAF at redline? At 7psi, I maxed mine out ~4700 rpm based on the emanage log, it hit 4.9V there.

On a related note, Z MAF went in today, 660's will be here next week and then we'll find out how much power 12psi will put down.

Old 02-08-2005, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
What kind of power do you expect to be making? I dont see why you need 550's if you aren't going to be making enough power to max out the A32 MAF. That is unless you plan to jack up the FP via a FPR and lean out the low end using emanage.
i am expecting between 300-350 at the wheels. so I think I will be at the verge for the a32.

Also i don't think I can run a z32 maf with my stock ecu can I. thats why I went with emanage! i don't want jwt to throw codes and it just isn't tunable enough for me, and the turn around time.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Emanage will throw 1 or 2 codes and CELs too(at least on the 99) that you can't avoid
Old 02-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Blu
the tits

i am expecting between 300-350 at the wheels. so I think I will be at the verge for the a32.

Also i don't think I can run a z32 maf with my stock ecu can I. thats why I went with emanage! i don't want jwt to throw codes and it just isn't tunable enough for me, and the turn around time.
Im pretty sure the Z32 MAF will work with a none JWT equiped car. I believe someone did it recently but I can't remember who it was.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I think Stephen did it a long time ago with the AFC and some tweaking, but never got it fully functioning to the point it was reliable.

stock ECU + emanage and you can run the Z32 MAF fine...I'm convinced it makes sooooo much of a difference after seeing that 3.7v at 10psi @ WOT...you can't beat that
Old 02-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
Emanage will throw 1 or 2 codes and CELs too(at least on the 99) that you can't avoid
Like what out of curiosity since I will be wiring one up soon?
Old 02-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I can't remember off hand, cause I haven't had to identify them since I installed Redmax's Emanage last spring...we just ignore the CEL. I know for sure one is ignition related. once you install the ignition harness it pops up, and as far as I know there is no way around it. mind you these CELs will not affect performance(to our knowledge at least), its just that the ECU detects something foreign and/or a secondary device altering the signal and throws a code.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok Thanks, I'm not installing the ignition harness initially. BTW, do you know the correct jumper settings when using the ignition settings.

Sorry about the OT, this is my last question.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:42 PM
BUY MY CARS PLEASE!!!

i have a z32 and i used it w/ a afc2 with no problems at all. you just have to run richer than stock
Old 02-09-2005, 06:19 AM

So the concensus is that the z32 maf won't work with the stock 97 ecu, even with ecu.

Please correct this if it is wrong? a32 maf, 550, psi sensor (for correcting where the maf might cut out and using emanage to tune off psi, which would understandably not be as efficient as the maf, but cost wise work well enough) and the ignition/injector harness.

By the way I am expecting to only see 10psi with the 2.87 since I am intercooled.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:22 AM

No, the Z MAF will work with the stock ECU if you have the emanage or AFC.

So the concensus is that the z32 maf won't work with the stock 97 ecu, even with ecu.

Please correct this if it is wrong? a32 maf, 550, psi sensor (for correcting where the maf might cut out and using emanage to tune off psi, which would understandably not be as efficient as the maf, but cost wise work well enough) and the ignition/injector harness.

By the way I am expecting to only see 10psi with the 2.87 since I am intercooled.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:26 AM

How do you have to wire it (z32) up to the car/stock 97 ecu and what do you change in the emanage when you do this so there are no codes and problems, please be detailed and give why's?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:17 AM

Dude, you need to READ. Do you see the sticky's at the top?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=328401

All your answers are here, you don't listen nor read too well.

eManage settings have been posted several times, recently even.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:04 PM
BUY MY CARS PLEASE!!!

what ever you do not wire it backwards, like i did. you will blow the maf
Old 02-10-2005, 07:19 AM

Dude, you need to READ. Do you see the sticky's at the top?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=328401

All your answers are here, you don't listen nor read too well.

eManage settings have been posted several times, recently even.
I was finnally able to find the z32 thread I was looking for. And the psi sensor for the emanage makes since for not having the ability to tune like the maf.

I am going to be working with a guy in michigan to tune this emanage, and I don't wanna trailer my car all the way there and then run into something where it needs more parts and what not.

So if I go with the z32 maf there should be no need for the psi sensor?

And will the z32 maf plug and play as far wiring goes?

Also once the z32 is in, is the adjustment made via the emanage software or the ***** on the emanage?

Please IceY2K1 before you, call me an Idiot, I have reached the treshold of my knowledge (I have a lot to learn about emanage) and am trying to learn as much as I can about the emanage so I have a good idea how the tuning, wiring, and install in Michigan goes and so that I don't up there without things I need and so I'll have the answers to "How'd you plan on this working" questions?

And yes I have read them and there are a lot of general things in the stickies that I don't think apply to my specific set-up. I prefer the direct input of people who have ran a setup like I am planning to go to.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:52 AM

I was finnally able to find the z32 thread I was looking for. And the psi sensor for the emanage makes since for not having the ability to tune like the maf.
If you expect to make near 290whp, get the Z32/J30 MAF.

I am going to be working with a guy in michigan to tune this emanage, and I don't wanna trailer my car all the way there and then run into something where it needs more parts and what not.
So, you are planning on driving the car to Michigan once you've installed the Z32 MAF, but not the eManage?

So if I go with the z32 maf there should be no need for the psi sensor?
Not unless you go over 350whp, which I doubt, however the PSI sensor is a good option to have for logging boost and if you get the Greddy Pressure Gauge(~$180), you can use its sensor as an input to the eManage.

And will the z32 maf plug and play as far wiring goes?
No, it's not plug-n-play. You have to cut off the A32 MAF electrical plug and splice on the new Z32/J30 MAF plug. Read the threads in the sticky for how the wires are hooked up.

Also once the z32 is in, is the adjustment made via the emanage software or the ***** on the emanage?
Both. You need to set the ***** on the eManage and then you MUST use the support tool software to set up the other parameters according to the manuals I posted.

Please IceY2K1 before you, call me an Idiot, I have reached the treshold of my knowledge (I have a lot to learn about emanage) and am trying to learn as much as I can about the emanage so I have a good idea how the tuning, wiring, and install in Michigan goes and so that I don't up there without things I need and so I'll have the answers to "How'd you plan on this working" questions?
I never said that. You just don't seem to listen to the OTHERS here who have done this before and know what they are doing. You NEED to listen to them and how they've set this up or you'll go through the SAME learning pains they all did.

And yes I have read them and there are a lot of general things in the stickies that I don't think apply to my specific set-up. I prefer the direct input of people who have ran a setup like I am planning to go to.
Reread about how to wire the Z32 MAF, because you'd know it's NOT plug-n-play, ie requires rewiring the electrical plug.

GOOD LUCK and you'll have a beast once you've successfully tuned the eManage Air Flow correction maps and Ignition Timing maps.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:15 PM

ok I was finally able to read the sticky on the z32 again it's been like year since I read those!

So is there a reason why you shouldn't run the z32 on the psi side?
It is relatively the same as the a32 other than circuitry right?
Old 02-11-2005, 06:00 AM

I think that you're not supposed to run it on the pressurized side because of potential failure. Same w/ the 5th gen MAF.

I'll find out, I'm running it on the pressurized side, and I believe several people have done it before.

ok I was finally able to read the sticky on the z32 again it's been like year since I read those!

Old 02-11-2005, 08:00 AM

Only reason I can think of is heat generated by the charge air causes the pressurized MAF to read differently and fail sometimes. However, people still do it without issues.

Old 02-11-2005, 02:07 PM

Only reason I can think of is heat generated by the charge air causes the pressurized MAF to read differently and fail sometimes. However, people still do it without issues.

thats good news cause I spent too much time welding up my new intercooler pipes and making flanges to scrap them and move the maf on the other side.

thanx