Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

How to set throttle settings on emanage?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Ahhh Addae you just reminded me of something, Chris take the correction factor out go 290 to 290 and tell us how the car runs, then 510 to 510 aand see if the car runs.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by JAY25
so how did Dixit control his injectors? They both have the same generation vehicles. Dixit was pushing an ungodly amount of boost? Are you running Emanage w/larger injectors and no injector harness? if yes what size?
I installed Coreys...he IS running the harness though, 590cc with Z MAF, so no I can't really comment on running with no harness or on a 5th gen.

but all I'm saying is what the FAQ and the manual says...and it states...the injector harness is 100% optional as far as MAF manipulation for larger injector control is conerned....thats all I'm saying. its the same principle, like the AFC "hack" I use all the time on Hondas to switch out their 240s and run 450cc DSM injectors....MAF voltage manipulation, which the Emanage is capable of without the injector harness. again, I'm not arguing with you at all, just stating the clear point that Greddy, Mohd and other have said, that the injector harness isn't needed to run bigger injectors, but for adding fuel(if using stock injectors), datalogging and running extra injectors.

as far as what Dixit did and what his setup consisted of, i have no clue until he can add some insight.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
I installed Coreys...he IS running the harness though, 590cc with Z MAF, so no I can't really comment on running with no harness or on a 5th gen.

but all I'm saying is what the FAQ and the manual says...and it states...the injector harness is 100% optional as far as MAF manipulation for larger injector control is conerned....thats all I'm saying. its the same principle, like the AFC "hack" I use all the time on Hondas to switch out their 240s and run 450cc DSM injectors....MAF voltage manipulation, which the Emanage is capable of without the injector harness. again, I'm not arguing with you at all, just stating the clear point that Greddy, Mohd and other have said, that the injector harness isn't needed to run bigger injectors.

as far as what Dixit did and what his setup consisted of, i have no clue until he can add some insight.
then he nees to lower base FP to solve the flooding issue since its a huge jump
Old 03-29-2005, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
I really think he is trying to do too BIG injector scaling on the stock MAF.... 290cc to 510cc(which might even actually be flowing slightly higher than that) might only correct about .56, but can the A32 MAF physically accept this?

the injector size should be fine. Keep in mind gabriel is using 510cc also and dixit ran 650cc i believe all on stock MAF
Old 03-29-2005, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Redmax
Ahhh Addae you just reminded me of something, Chris take the correction factor out go 290 to 290 and tell us how the car runs, then 510 to 510 aand see if the car runs.

Why to see if the emanage is actually functioning properly?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Redlinemax Owner

I was having problems with my setup for a while and when I took out the correction my car would run fine, otherwise it showed a number of problems if you take the correction out, then your injectors should run in static mode and the car should idle fine. If not there maybe a problem with your maf.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:13 PM

how where you able to crank your car without that correction factor? Was it because of the z32 MAF? I am also wondering if my MAF is FUBAR
Old 03-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Redlinemax Owner

you can crank your car without the maf you just can't press the gas after its running but if you have a greddy pressure sensor you can actually unplug your maf and the car will run too I've done that before too
Old 03-29-2005, 06:35 PM

you can crank your car without the maf you just can't press the gas after its running but if you have a greddy pressure sensor you can actually unplug your maf and the car will run too I've done that before too
nah i was talking about how would you start your car with that much fuel being dumped?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:40 PM

You can because the Profec comes w/a pressure sensor. Hes SCed and he did not buy the pressure sensor.

Chris get the injector harness, Dix ran some pretty large injectors and did not have the issues your experiencing now. I had the harness and the car ran like it was stock w/injector harness. I know they just posted that but I am more then sure its the injector harness.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:19 PM

You can because the Profec comes w/a pressure sensor. Hes SCed and he did not buy the pressure sensor.

Chris get the injector harness, Dix ran some pretty large injectors and did not have the issues your experiencing now. I had the harness and the car ran like it was stock w/injector harness. I know they just posted that but I am more then sure its the injector harness.

Jay do you think it could have anything to do with a bad MAF. Are going to pick up the harness in atlanta or did you want me to order it from lightning?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

You do NOT need the injector harness to solve your startup problem Chris, however it is a good idea to get one.

Greddy TT 350Z kits come with one, however the AirFlow map is zeros since the scale factor is subtracting the exact amount of fuel necessary to compensate going from 290cc to 440cc injectors. Then the factory Greddy map uses the Additional Injection map to ONLY add fuel. If you are rich, then you just add LESS fuel in the ADD map.

The Greddy manual even specifies NOT to use the AirFlow map to take out fuel when scaling for injectors, but to use the Additional Fuel map to reduce the amount at XXXXrpm points.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:59 PM

The MAIN reason to get the injector harness and use the Additional Injection map to modify injector pulse width DIRECTLY is so that you don't screw with your ignition timing.

Conditioning the MAF voltage INdirectly to modify pulse width via the Airflow map causes more/less timing depending on the factory ECU timing map.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Jay I don't have a profec, I have the avc-r

Oh chris if you want to buy the harness, redlinemax.com now has them for sale
Old 03-30-2005, 05:53 AM

Jay I don't have a profec, I have the avc-r

Oh chris if you want to buy the harness, redlinemax.com now has them for sale

how soon can you get it to me?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:30 AM

my airflow map is zeroed out since i haven't played with it yet. Should i try making any corrections there or does the injector scaling automatically make adjustments on the map with the injector correction factor?
Old 03-30-2005, 08:14 AM

-The injector scaling value reduces the MAF voltage values across the board.

-The airflow map value increases/decreases the MAF voltage over a set RPM interval, ie 1000-2000rpm, 2000-3000rpm, 3000-4000rpm, etc.

Both values are then combined into a final multiplier that is input to the ECU, which then ouputs an injector pulsewidth. If you have an injector harness, the Additional Injection value is added to the injector pulsewidth output.

So, since we have zeros in the AirFlow and Additional Injection map(no harness anyways), the only air/fuel correction is through the main harness via conditioning the MAF voltage.

In your current setup, adjusting the scale value or AirFlow map cell values at low rpm will have the same end result, ie less injector pulsewidth.

The scale factor is used for large/coarse adjustment, while the AirFlow map allows a finer adjustment.

I'd try setting the scale factor to the value that starts/idles the best and then adjust the AirFlow map values below <3000rpm to see if it helps any. However, since Gabriel doesn't have this issue, I'm not sure this will cure your cold start issue.

Originally Posted by chris'smax
my airflow map is zeroed out since i haven't played with it yet. Should i try making any corrections there or does the injector scaling automatically make adjustments on the map with the injector correction factor?
Old 03-30-2005, 08:28 AM

BTW, why are you deleting all your threads?

People will want to see how you get the eManage+PE510s working.

I'd leave them.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
BTW, why are you deleting all your threads?

People will want to see how you get the eManage+PE510s working.

I'd leave them.
I am just trying to keep everything in one thread so all the info is not all spread out. Don't worry i am deff going to keep you guys updated on EVERYTHING . Someone is being nosey
Old 03-30-2005, 08:41 AM

Good...I hope MANY many more people follow in your/Gabriels' footsteps here vs. pushing OEM injectors at insane fuel pressures.

Just HOPING Gabriel will post up his eManage maps, since that would save YOU a ton of money/time dynoing. I'm not saying you wouldn't still need to dyno, but that it's SOOOoooo much easier going from something close then just blank maps.

If he doesn't, I have stock Greddy maps to get you started, but they'd be very far off.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:03 AM

Well Chris...from your other post it sounds like you're going to try adjusting the base fuel pressure, right? Just waiting on a SX7R fitting?

Anyways, until then, I'd try pulling the intake manifold off and double/tripple checking everything.

I have a gut feeling something else is screwy here.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:02 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

I had a throttle problem about 8 months ago. it kept revving like yours chris.

What I did was leave the battery cable off over night and let the ecu reset. everything was fine after that.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:43 PM

Good...I hope MANY many more people follow in your/Gabriels' footsteps here vs. pushing OEM injectors at insane fuel pressures.

Just HOPING Gabriel will post up his eManage maps, since that would save YOU a ton of money/time dynoing. I'm not saying you wouldn't still need to dyno, but that it's SOOOoooo much easier going from something close then just blank maps.

If he doesn't, I have stock Greddy maps to get you started, but they'd be very far off.
I have already email them to him.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:23 AM

Could you email the *.GSC file to me PLEASE? I'd like to take a look.

Also, are you going to clock the blower to eliminate that 90-degree turn on the compressor discharge?

Originally Posted by LatinMax
I have already email them to him.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:30 AM

Gabriel,

So, you have a Walbro GSS342, PE510cc injectors, eManage, adjustable FPR with 34psi base fuel pressure, correct?

Also, I just looked at your webpage and saw you have your MAF located right at the blower inlet, have you had any idle/stalling issues with it that close?

Old 04-01-2005, 11:23 AM

could it have anything to do with the egr removal? All i did was just hacked the pipe that goes from the manifold to the egr. I then crimped the end of the pipe to seal it shut
Old 04-01-2005, 11:49 AM

YES, it could very well be...

I did a bit of reading last night on the 2000 Fed spec EGR system once I read your OTHER thread and realized ANOTHER monkey wrench you threw into this cluster *** "party". You've got some serious ballz to throw all these mods into the equation Chris.

Basically, the ECU sends a pulse signal to the EGR volume control solenoid to allow varying amounts of exhaust gas back into the intake manifold to be reburned in the combustion process. Now, there are checks that will throw a CEL, so I'm sure you'll be seeing them soon after you get it started/running. However, the FSM states that the valve remains closed during starting, engine idling, low engine coolant temp, etc., so that's probably why you're not getting a CEL yet. Once you drive around a bit, I'm sure you'll get a P0400/P0403 code.

Anyways, the way this *COULD* possibly be your cold start issue is that the ECU expects a certain amount of bypass air, ie air the MAF doesn't meter, like PCV, EGR, etc.. So, this could possibly be a factor UNTIL you can perform the Idle Air Volume Learning procedure and reteach the ECU now that it's getting less air for the combustion process without the EGR. Also, the eManage is scaling back the MAF voltage so the ECU thinks it is getting a lot less air then actual.

I'm not sure how to weed through all the changes you've made to narrow it down other then to bypass the eManage and reinstall the stock injectors.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:55 AM

already done intalling stockers for now and bypassed the emanage. I have to get the walboro put back in the tank then try to fire it up. I still dont see how sealing off that pipe could cause the massive startup issue i've been having? Plus the extreme gas smell from running rich. I am thnking it is the injectors
Old 04-01-2005, 12:04 PM

I think the jump up to 3000rpm then rising to 3300rpm was the eManage injector scaling, because once you reduced the scaling factor, ie 290cc-480cc, it only went up to 2200rpm. I think the EGR was causing the rough idle/dying at 1200rpm.

You tossed the Trex for the Walbro finally?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:09 PM

I think the jump up to 3000rpm then rising to 3300rpm was the eManage injector scaling, because once you reduced the scaling factor, ie 290cc-480cc, it only went up to 2200rpm. I think the EGR was causing the rough idle/dying at 1200rpm.

You tossed the Trex for the Walbro finally?

yep.

What leads you to believe it is the EGR causing the rough idle? To me it just sounded like massive fuel dump becuase of the extreme fuel smell and it almost sounded like it was backfiring.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:00 PM

Because others have had vacuum leaks and had rough idles/stalling.

You were rich, since you were only scaling back from 480cc injectors without the Trex activated, so that didn't help.

Also, the "extreme fuel smell and it almost sounded like it was backfiring" symptoms sound like others who have found torn/pinched injector O-rings or cracked injectors. At least with 4th gen. side-feed guys, so may not be the same.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=IceY2K1]Because others have had vacuum leaks and had rough idles/stalling.

Are you talking about other's that have removed the EGR.

I know that EGR pipe isn't leaking. That thing is sealed air tight.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:39 PM

No, others with vacuum leaks behind the MAF or at the injectors even.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:42 PM

No, others with vacuum leaks behind the MAF or at the injectors even.

I guess i am going to have to go back and do baaaaabbbbyyy steps
Old 04-01-2005, 06:19 PM

I thought I heard SOMEBODY say that before?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:51 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

alex, that was me.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:55 PM

slimer, what did you fix the issue you were having? If so what was the issue?
Old 04-01-2005, 08:01 PM

You had the small crack in the injector.

I believe Deezo had a pinched Oring and he had that major fuel dump and backfire issue with 370cc injectors. After 3-tries he lubed them with vasoline or something and got them to work. IIRC.

Originally Posted by slimer
alex, that was me.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:58 PM

Well tommorow i am going to pick up the new part for the intank fuel pump casing(broke while doing the walboro install) so we will see if she starts up.

Please everyone say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed that she fires up ok. I sware if it doesn't start i am going to get a damn hammer and beat that peice of garbage down.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:21 AM

GOOD LUCK CHRIS~!!!!!!

BTW, if you're selling the PE510s, let me know.

Quick Reply: How to set throttle settings on emanage?