Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Removing turbo, few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005 | 01:26 PM
Sports Button FTW

Removing turbo, few questions

wow, this job was a lot easier than i ever expected. Its just exhaust work. Anyway, i took feed line off and dont know what to do about the screw thingy left there. Should i put a cap over it, and if so what type? i never seen it before turbo was put on so i dont know what should be there.

Also the catback has muffler welded on and i cant take it out or so it seems. I tried turning it in different directions and i fear i may have to cut muffler off to take catback out. Is this necessary or with a little more height i can maneuver the catback out?

Also will the car be ok with 1 step colder spark plugs even though i'm running stock performance setup?
Old 03-27-2005 | 05:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

not sure about your 1st question i assume your talking about oil feed line but it depends on how its setup if there a Tee fitting between the block and factory oil sensor you could just remove the tee and reinstall the factor pressure sender

im not exactly sure about how the 4th gen exhaust is routed under the car but i had to drop my rear sway bar to remove my stock catback

the colder plugs wont really matter
Old 03-28-2005 | 10:26 AM
Sports Button FTW

yea but we still have that bar, you luckily have independent suspension .
Old 03-28-2005 | 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by meccanoble
yea but we still have that bar, you luckily have independent suspension .
It depends where the oil feel line came from, dont they replace the entire lower oil pan with a new Oil pan with a bung comeing from it, on some turbo setups ?? if thats the case, just replace the lower pan, not that big of a deal. You can probably sell that with the kit as well....and if the oil feed like is comeing from the sensor, just pop the T off and put the sensor back in, but thats more of a s/c trait not turbo

Jeez mecca, all this Boost in, Boost out, make up your mind man....I didnt even get to see your car turboed...and you havent even seen mine since I got my NEW Blower + BOV u gotta stop by i/m me i got a new #, peace bro

-matt
Old 03-28-2005 | 01:53 PM
Sports Button FTW

u got a new number? no more nextel?

yea, i didnt even get to see the full potential of this setup but i cant spend money on this car anymore, gotta get something simple, i had my taste of speed. I'll come back to it but now that i'm in school and struggling to pay bills, i gotta be reasonable and do whats right for my future.
Old 03-28-2005 | 10:47 PM

I took feed line off and dont know what to do about the screw thingy left there. Should i put a cap over it, and if so what type? i never seen it before turbo was put on so i dont know what should be there.
You dont have to but to be on the safe side that nothing gets lodged in you could.
Old 03-28-2005 | 10:48 PM

Also the catback has muffler welded on and i cant take it out or so it seems. I tried turning it in different directions and i fear i may have to cut muffler off to take catback out. Is this necessary or with a little more height i can maneuver the catback out?
If its a custom exhaust welded together as one piece, youll need to drop the rear to get it out. If so, before you put it back on, I suggest you have someone weld a flangefor them so it wouldnt be necessary to mess with your suspension in the future.
Old 03-28-2005 | 10:48 PM

Also will the car be ok with 1 step colder spark plugs even though i'm running stock performance setup?
Yea, it should matter.
Old 03-29-2005 | 08:08 PM
Sports Button FTW

well i had a t fitting which i removed and put sensor directly in. Fitting goes to winner of my turbo kit. All oil issues and fuel issues taken care of. All thats left is removing that dam catback. I'm just gonna cut the muffler off. I dont know how to remove that rear axle and dont want to learn now....

now i gotta put battery back in front, the plate and whatnot, i dont remember how its supposed to be. Anyoen have detailed pics of the battery location spot before battery goes in the back?
Old 03-30-2005 | 11:54 AM
Sports Button FTW

well battery is back in front but i still gotta get plate and whatnot. Feels good to see car start up by itself, no issues, starts up perfectly but loud as ***** cause there is no exhaust yet . I'm going to miss the supercharger / turbo scene...few can say they had both....

Anyway, car is for sale once again
Old 03-30-2005 | 01:41 PM

well battery is back in front but i still gotta get plate and whatnot. Feels good to see car start up by itself, no issues, starts up perfectly but loud as ***** cause there is no exhaust yet . I'm going to miss the supercharger / turbo scene...few can say they had both....

Anyway, car is for sale once again
hey mecca did you sell or sold the turbo yet. sorry to see you leave the boosted scene but at least i got a chance to run that monster. hope you get back in the game soon peace.
Old 03-30-2005 | 09:40 PM
Sports Button FTW

nah still for sale, has a lot of interest but no one has claimed it yet. I'll be back one day but it will be a very VERY long time from now
Old 03-31-2005 | 12:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

hey mecca, im still interested and waiting on those pics
Old 03-31-2005 | 01:21 PM

nah still for sale, has a lot of interest but no one has claimed it yet. I'll be back one day but it will be a very VERY long time from now
HUMMN, a s/c, turbo'd, nitrous injected max.