Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

My Emanage Ultimate is here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:36 AM

it came in !!!!!!!!!!!

i already skimmed through both manuals.. kinda dissapointed though. it doesn't do all the things i want it to do, but it seems if we did the fuel cut wrong, it'll make the car spit fire =D..

so can we advance and retard timing with this thing? i'm assuming that's what the ignition harness is for right??
Old 09-29-2005, 12:15 PM
3.5 in the works

What were you hoping it would do that it doesn't?

Once the firmware update is released, we should be able to advance timing as it requires the crank signal. Retard should already work now using only ignition coil or tach rpm input.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:32 PM

i dunno, something like a built in boost controller would have been nice, so i wouldn't have to wait for the profec e01 ultimate.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:55 PM

alright, i looked up all the wires on the FSM and i want to compare notes

here is what i got, please correct me if i am wrong

this is for a 2000 maxima.

injector 1 = terminal 101
injector 2 = terminal 103
injector 3 = terminal 105
injector 4 = terminal 107
injector 5 = terminal 102
injector 6 = terminal 104

ignition signal 1 = terminal 21
ignition signal 2 = terminal 22
ignition signal 3 = terminal 23
ignition signal 4 = terminal 30
ignition signal 5 = terminal 31
ignition signal 6 = terminal 32

rpm= 25
vias=16
ground=58
MAF= 61
coolant temp= 70
intake air temp= 64
vehicle speed= 86
throttle position= 91
crank (pos)= 85
crank (ref)65, 75
cam (phase)= 66, 76
knock= 93

one wire i can't find is the 12v source. could it be 67?

Alex, care to correct me? because so far i think you're the only 5th gen that has this thing hooked up.

i'm not sure what to set my vehicle code to. so i'm going with vq30det. and i'm not sure how to set the knock feature.. can the EU retard timing when it see's knock like the j&s?

thanks in advance
Old 10-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

umm, anything new on this?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:47 PM

^ I was just about to ask the same thing.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:08 PM
3.5 in the works

Sorry guys.. been super busy the last week or so. I'll hopefully have an update tomorrow (Tues) after I talk with Kenji. Meant to call him today but didn't have time.

I believe Greddy Japan was working on the VQ30 last week, comparing their test car with the signals I provided.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:09 PM

^^ Can't wait , I'll have my fingers crossed. This is the only thing holding me up from buying this unite.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:42 AM

Hey guys we have the E-Manage Ultimates in stock so we can provide same day shipping or local pick up they go for 544$ for the unit 100$ for the harness + shipping to your area
Old 10-14-2005, 10:53 AM
3.5 in the works

Argh... haven't been able to get a hold of Kenji today... will keep trying. He was supposed to have checked with Japan on their progress yesterday. Plus he said the guy from Japan will be here this Saturday, don't know if that is significant or not.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by DandyMax
Argh... haven't been able to get a hold of Kenji today... will keep trying. He was supposed to have checked with Japan on their progress yesterday. Plus he said the guy from Japan will be here this Saturday, don't know if that is significant or not.
I would just like to say "Thank you DandyMax for all your hard work trying to get the upgraded firmware for us" If you were not up on this we would probably never got any love. So Thanks
Old 10-14-2005, 01:31 PM
3.5 in the works

No problemo!

I don't mind doing my part for the Maxima community but I do have other selfish reasons too: my car is going into winter storage in 2 to 3 weeks tops and I'm hoping to be able to test out timing and rev limit functions before then. hehe

Kenji is probably getting sick of me.. lol. I've been trying not to bug him too much but I am definitely keeping on him and he knows we need the upgrade ASAP.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Kevlo for President

PerfectPower has also been slacking on adding the VQ30 to the firmware
Old 10-16-2005, 11:25 PM

so dandy, did you talk to kenji? whats going on???
Old 10-17-2005, 10:26 AM
3.5 in the works

update

Finally got a hold of Kenji today. He's been rather busy lately.

Japan has confirmed my signals are the same as the DET (no surprise there). They were doing programming for it last week apparently, and he believes they should be finished by the end of this week at the latest. He should be touching base with them again tonight I believe, and I'll check in with him again tomorrow.

I sure hope they get done this week. I'm running out of time as the car's going into winter storage by the end of the month at the latest, and after that it'll have to wait until spring unless someone else in a warmer climate can carry on.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:45 AM

let me know how i can help.. the weather here in southern california is fairly consistant throughout the year.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:29 PM

omg, if they get it done, and working... i think i may have a new modification....

again, dandy thanks a ton for being the guinea pig on this!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:17 AM

almost the end of the week, anything?
Old 10-20-2005, 03:08 AM
Banned

Dan do you have the external signal harness for wideband input? I assume thats whats required to display it.

Also I believe you said once you had the Consult interface, which one is it, I am looking to get one for my 95 to use next year?

Again thank you for being so persistent, this is really going to be huge benefit to a lot of folks.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:14 AM
3.5 in the works

Mr.Duck: I'm having trouble getting Kenji again.. he's in NJ this week and doesn't seem to be answering his cell.

Jim: I do have the signal harness. Yes you need it for WB input.. which WB are you using though?

Consult... I have the Blazt cable (usb version) and it works perfectly. Any Nissan car with the grey Consult I connector will work fine (95 max included ) and it doesn't have to be OBDII either - as long as it's Consult I it'll work. Consult II started in 2000 I believe. Alternatively, you could try building your own... PLMS DIY info
Old 10-20-2005, 07:39 AM
Banned

Dan I have 2 widebands and the present, one is a WBo2 and the other is an FJO. They both have 0-5 v outputs. One is an Bosch and the FJO is NTK.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:41 AM
3.5 in the works

Ah ok then that's good.. as long as it's a linear output 0-5v you should be fine. The Zeitronix I have is not 0-5 linear and therefore doesn't play as nicely with the EU.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:10 AM

Any linear output WB02's that you would recommend?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:15 AM
3.5 in the works

I'd say just get whatever suits you best in terms of features/cost etc. The only thing to watch for as far as the EU is concerned is that the output from the WB be linear and over a 0-5v range. This is the type of signal the EU expects to see. The actual range of the sensor (in terms of A/F ratio) is not crucial as you can set the A/F ratios that 0v and 5v correspond to (and it will interpolate accordingly).

Jime: it occurs to me I should clarify re the signal harness. Perhaps we're talking about the same thing but I should mention that there is no specific "WB signal harness" available for the EU yet. However the pressure sensor harness is available and can be adapted easily for a WB - this is what people are using and what I have.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:22 AM

i just got the aem uego wideband controller. do i have to get the pressure harness and plug it into one of the option ports? and i'm not sure what to select on the option port on the list of A/F meters, there's sard, NGK, NGk lamda and what not. i'm stumped... much help is greatly appreciated =D.. thanks in advanced

-daniel
Old 10-20-2005, 11:10 AM

I'd say just get whatever suits you best in terms of features/cost etc. The only thing to watch for as far as the EU is concerned is that the output from the WB be linear and over a 0-5v range. This is the type of signal the EU expects to see. The actual range of the sensor (in terms of A/F ratio) is not crucial as you can set the A/F ratios that 0v and 5v correspond to (and it will interpolate accordingly).
Do you think it'd be worth it to get one without the datalogging capabilities? Eventually i want to get the EU and i'm sure it can datalog on it's own. This is one i found with linear output. Sound like a good price?

http://www.machv.com/plxmwio2seki.html

Edit: NM...found it for cheaper on ebay
Old 10-21-2005, 01:58 PM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by mingo
i just got the aem uego wideband controller. do i have to get the pressure harness and plug it into one of the option ports? and i'm not sure what to select on the option port on the list of A/F meters, there's sard, NGK, NGk lamda and what not. i'm stumped... much help is greatly appreciated =D.. thanks in advanced

-daniel
Yes, get the pressure harness and wire it up to the WB, and then use either option 1 or option 2.

As far as the list of A/F meters, what type of sensor is yours? NGK or Bosch? But really it doesn't matter much. Those are just presets... all you gotta do is pick one and then edit the 2 boxes to the right. The first box is the A/F ratio at 0v output, and the second is the A/F ratio at 5v output (get this info from the calibration curve for your sensor/controller).
Old 10-21-2005, 02:08 PM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by nismology
Do you think it'd be worth it to get one without the datalogging capabilities? Eventually i want to get the EU and i'm sure it can datalog on it's own. This is one i found with linear output. Sound like a good price?

http://www.machv.com/plxmwio2seki.html

Edit: NM...found it for cheaper on ebay
The EU has very good datalogging capability, and you can datalog at any time and as much as computer memory permits while the laptop is hooked up. Without being hooked up though, datalogging has to be turned on/off via a switch connected on the front panel.

As far as whether to get datalogging capability with the WB or not, it's really up to you depending on what you think you'll need. With the EU and a linear 0-5v output WB, you won't need anything else to datalog. But will it be a while before you get an EU, ie-would you get the WB first.. and would you want to be able to datalog in the meantime until getting the EU? Only you can answer that...
Old 10-21-2005, 04:41 PM

alright thanks dan =D..

i'll just input it the way it says in the aem manual .. and it is a bosch
Old 10-21-2005, 05:39 PM

so... since the 00vi fell through, did they fix the cam sensor problem?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Duck
so... since the 00vi fell through, did they fix the cam sensor problem?
what's that suppose to mean? the eu won't be able to control the vi?.. darn it...
Old 10-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Turbo is too much fun!

I think he meant that his plans for a 00vi fell through... Hes planning on getting the EU if they had fix the cam sensor.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:54 AM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by mingo
what's that suppose to mean? the eu won't be able to control the vi?.. darn it...
The EU can most definitely control the VI. It has been operating mine for a couple months now.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:32 PM

The EU can most definitely control the VI. It has been operating mine for a couple months now.
oh ok.. i got a bit confused.. so any updates from kenji or is he starting to avoid you?
Old 10-25-2005, 04:42 PM

yeah, was still waiting on the updates from you dandymax but hey, i found another 00vi so the EU is going to be put off again
Old 10-31-2005, 06:24 PM

Anything boys ?? Im really close to ordering an Emanage Blue..

-matt
Old 10-31-2005, 06:51 PM
brotherhood of tq

i would also like to know if any progress has been made for this
Old 11-01-2005, 09:12 AM
3.5 in the works

Sorry guys... I'd give an update if I had one. I haven't been able to get a hold of Kenji for the last week and a half. He was out east in New Jersey, and now he's at SEMA apparently this week and he hasn't returned my calls. I'm sure he's busy and all but at least a quick return call would be a nice courtesy. I'm NOT impressed with Greddy's customer service in this regard. There's NO excuse for not returning a call after almost 2 weeks and several voicemails later.

It's a very good possibility the update is practically finished, but I'd been told they were doing some testing and plus I've also heard there's another major software revision coming out soon that will include more changes besides the addition of the VQ30. Maybe they're waiting to release it all at once. And I'm sure they've been focused entirely on SEMA the last couple weeks.

I'll keep after it but short of physically going down there and tracking him down there's nothing I can do. On another note, my car goes into winter storage this weekend for sure.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Banned

Hey Dan it would be nice to have this nailed down but in reality I have all winter. I have the cable now for the wideband and am also going to try a GM MAP Sensor after I get it all connected and working with the MAF. Still waiting for the Consult hardware I guess I can hook it up to the wife's car and try it out as well.

Also have you tried connecting any press or temp gauges, just wondering of the possibilty of logging them or if they need any special type of gauge or interface? Not much on the actual inputs of what it expects to see or read.

Tnx again for your diligence, sure will be a great tool if it all comes together.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:17 AM
3.5 in the works

Jim I'm sure eventually we'll have it all working.. it's just a matter of time. It is frustrating though that we couldn't get it in time for the end of this season. To add to what I said above, the upcoming software release I think will include the ability to set real-time timing in terms of the actual advance, rather than a +- adjustment value.

Are you planning on running your new 3.5 with nitrous? And I'm curious how you plan to use the MAP.

As far as the press/temp gauges.. I'm sure you've noticed that there are several presets in the drop down boxes but beyond that I think most sensors/gauges can be logged via the auxiliary/analog inputs if they are an analog signal. The EU may not display the same units but it should be able to datalog the actual voltages etc. I (or you) can check into this further if need be but I have for example hooked my knock sensor up as a "pressure sensor" and it displays/datalogs the output voltage properly. It would of course require knowing what the voltage level corresponds to in terms of gauge units..

Quick Reply: My Emanage Ultimate is here!