Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

My Emanage Ultimate is here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Banned

Sounds great on the software and timing.

Don't plan on nitrous at least not right away, will see how it all works first. I want to race Super Street All-Motor in CSCS events next year so my plans really doesn't include nitrous.

On the MAP, I have been doing a little reading and the best info I have at present I got here. http://forums.miataturbo.net/showthread.php?t=1825

Check it out and let me know what you think. I would prefer to use a GM 1 bar MAP sensor vs the Emange pressure sensor because of the resolution and I don't plan on boosting.

On the gauges, hopefully they will work. That is pretty much what I did with the WBo2 wideband, just convert the voltage to units, so if thats the way it works great.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:14 PM
3.5 in the works

Jim I'd agree that for non-boost a 1 bar would be the better choice due to better resolution.

So does this mean you'd like to eliminate the MAF and just use MAP control? Perhaps we can/should discuss more via PM/email but I have been considering this (as well as a few other things) as part of a complete pre-UIM reconfiguration in conjuction with a good rev-limit hike. Part of the reason I still have the old Injen on is that I've been doing some research and haven't decided what I'm going to do with my intake. I had a custom one half made up and then got re-thinking everything.

Right now with the 00VI I hit 4.6v on the MAF but my gut feeling is I can improve my intake. Perhaps for me with the 3.0 major changes may not be warranted, or be an area to gain much power, but I've been mulling over a few things:

- TB sizing/IM throat porting (4th gen vs PF, top end gain vs mid/low potential torque loss?)
- pre-TB path length (I'd like to go shorter for more top end but this is difficult to do and yet still have a true CAI)
- restrictions or poor air flow dynamics (does the MAF hurt here under higher than say 50% throttle? I've seen some info that suggests pressure drops beyond 50% with air pulsing due to reversion caused by valve overlap, pneumatic hammer and acoustic resonance etc)
- filter types, velocity stacks etc (I have dyno #'s showing 5hp difference b/w filters alone)
- a couple other misc construction/routing/orientation things

But as far as being N/A and non-boosted I think in several ways the MAF is preferable to a MAP for tuning. It's more accurate than speed-density and less subject to changes in engine VE due to wear, atmospheric conditions etc. One drawback to MAP tuning is the need to create an air temperature adjustment map as well (ie change in density and hence mass ratio of A/F) and I suspect it will take more time and effort to get as finely tuned. For that reason I've also thought about switching to a high-flow aftermarket MAF (for eg something like a Pro-M (Pro Flow) meter). All of this is assuming it is actually hurting me currently, I don't know yet.

I have some detailed engine analysis software and will be doing some calculations/running some models over the winter in hopes of getting a basis to decide on an optimum approach. Sorry for the long post, I probably haven't put all my thoughts in a clear, cohesive manner here but if you're interested we should talk more about this.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

anything new???
Old 11-09-2005, 09:39 AM
3.5 in the works

update

I was finally able to get hold of Kenji today. I learned a few things about their plans for future software releases (some interesting things here) and more importantly got some new setup instructions from Japan to try out. It will require rewiring my car a little bit.

I will report back and expound more on the above once I've done so, but it'll probably be Thursday evening or Friday morning before I have a chance to get to it.

Cutting it really close.. I was planning to put the car in storage this weekend.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Kevlo for President

Hmm what rewireing needs to be done?
Old 11-12-2005, 04:16 PM

anything????
Old 11-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Nissan maniaco conpulsif

.... Any updates ??
Old 11-14-2005, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by hightuner
.... Any updates ??
Ditto
Old 11-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

and this is why I didn't post anything about the SMT-6 when I was working on it.

and no the SMT-7 VQ30 firmware update is not ready yet...
Old 11-14-2005, 08:10 PM
3.5 in the works

Sorry guys will post soon... out of town on business.. barely have time to check my email
Old 11-14-2005, 09:14 PM

Hey guys just saw this.

Greddy just released version v1.09, you can download it at my site,
www.mohdparts.com/emanage

This is what was fixed/updated, (translated with Google)
E-manage Ultimate ver1.09
* Air flow input it abolishes the leveling processing of 1 and air flow input 2.
* When the レブリミッタ - the I/J returns during cutting setting operating, it corrects operation.
* Kalman air flow by the vehicle air flow pulse input it is not at the time of air flow output MAP use the fact that error comes out it corrects.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:44 AM

Is this version the one we've been waiting for?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:52 AM

thanx for the update. vq30de is still not an option.. so i'm still gonna stick with vq30det..
any rewiring need to be done?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:05 AM
3.5 in the works

Update (sort of)

WELL... go figure we are still having problems. My rewiring as per their instructions did not work. Japan has determined on their DET that the EU will need a hardware upgrade to be able to process the signal and has been building some kind of add-on module/board.

As far as I know v1.09 released in the meantime does not affect us currently as we don't have timing or rev cut control. When we do get functionality however, I wouldn't be surprised if there's still no VQ30DE listing. It will just likely be that the DET is fixed. They're the same sensor signals, and the DET does not fully work now either.

As for the generic future software changes I mentioned they include the following (anticipated release is January sometime):
-user setup option (improved functionality to custom set up your car instead of being forced to pick an engine)
-ability to set real-time timing as a total value, rather than a +- adjustment
-knock retard functionality added

Might know more from Kenji in a few days. Will post again when I have new info.

Dan
PS-Mingo you got PM...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by DandyMax
WELL... go figure we are still having problems. My rewiring as per their instructions did not work. Japan has determined on their DET that the EU will need a hardware upgrade to be able to process the signal and has been building some kind of add-on module/board.

As far as I know v1.09 released in the meantime does not affect us currently as we don't have timing or rev cut control. When we do get functionality however, I wouldn't be surprised if there's still no VQ30DE listing. It will just likely be that the DET is fixed. They're the same sensor signals, and the DET does not fully work now either.

As for the generic future software changes I mentioned they include the following (anticipated release is January sometime):
-user setup option (improved functionality to custom set up your car instead of being forced to pick an engine)
-ability to set real-time timing as a total value, rather than a +- adjustment
-knock retard functionality added

Might know more from Kenji in a few days. Will post again when I have new info.

Dan
PS-Mingo you got PM...
So you saying that we might have to buy additional hardware to get it to work properly? And some time in January they should release a new update?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:48 PM
3.5 in the works

If additional hardware is required I don't think we'll have to pay for it; I have not been given any indication that we would have to. The DET was supposed to have been supported in the first place.

January is the expected date for the new software functions I mentioned.. there could be other updates before then for bug fixes for specific cars etc, I don't know. Those were just things they said they were planning to add and were shooting for January. The way I've seen things go so far, I wouldn't treat that as a firm date.

As far as when we'll have the VQ30 fix, I don't know. I'm still going back and forth with Japan (via Kenji) trying to figure out why their recent suggestion didn't seem to work for me when they thought it would. All I can say is that I'm keeping on it.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Kevlo for President

I guess my mistake and Joe's mind really helped us out
Old 11-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
I guess my mistake and Joe's mind really helped us out
Greddy is just waiting for Perfect Power to release and then copy the SMT-7 VQ30 firmware.

Or maybe its the other way around.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Nissan maniaco conpulsif

I am confuse is this device working properly whit the resistance mod ??
Old 11-27-2005, 01:18 PM

I think Greddy needs a good kick in the nuts.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Kevlo for President

They need to hire Joe and I.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:34 AM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by JClaw
I think Greddy needs a good kick in the nuts.

Their customer service has been atrocious. I will keep the process going with Kenji but my car is now in winter storage so I can't test anything out until spring. I've contacted Mingo and he may be able to do some testing for me in the interim (he lives out in California).
Old 11-29-2005, 01:23 AM

Their customer service has been atrocious. I will keep the process going with Kenji but my car is now in winter storage so I can't test anything out until spring. I've contacted Mingo and he may be able to do some testing for me in the interim (he lives out in California).
keep i mind i have a 2000 5th gen.. so my car i may be a bit more sensative.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:08 AM

When is your car going out of storage? I was always planning on buying this thing first thing in April. I am NOT going to the track ever again without mucho A/F and timing tuning.

If they haven't figured it out in the spring, I just may have to shove my head through the wall.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:38 AM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by mingo
keep i mind i have a 2000 5th gen.. so my car i may be a bit more sensative.
Yes it's possible but I think it should be just about the same for most things... you'll likely have to add the resistors for the coils though.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:40 AM
3.5 in the works

When is your car going out of storage? I was always planning on buying this thing first thing in April. I am NOT going to the track ever again without mucho A/F and timing tuning.
I'll probably take it out early April or so, as long as the snow's gone.

If they haven't figured it out in the spring, I just may have to shove my head through the wall.
You and me both. I'm like a bulldog though, I'm not gonna let Greddy off the hook, no matter what it takes. It's certainly an exercise in patience, something that's never been my strong suit. (doesn't sound like yours either.. lol)
Old 11-30-2005, 04:05 AM

Yes it's possible but I think it should be just about the same for most things... you'll likely have to add the resistors for the coils though.
i already soldered those in so i wouldn't have to add them in later. i followed alex' directions
Old 11-30-2005, 05:04 AM

You and me both. I'm like a bulldog though, I'm not gonna let Greddy off the hook, no matter what it takes. It's certainly an exercise in patience, something that's never been my strong suit. (doesn't sound like yours either.. lol)
More or less. But you shelled out 600+US for that thing and it's not even doing what it should do for you. That's in my book, especially 4-5 months after it came out.

Greddy also probably lost a few buyers already. And believe me, if there was a competitive alternative, I'd be all over it.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:24 AM
Banned

Even for the functionality it currently has its still a good buy compared to the rest of the competition. Although it will be worth mucho more if the timing and rev limiter issues are resolved. Just the rev limiter would cost the price of the EU from JWT.

Besides I know Dan will persevere and it will work. As long as it works by spring thats all that matters.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:20 AM

does anyone happen to know what i hook the "injector ground" wire from the emanage to? do i ground it to the chassis? use the ecu ground or tape it up? i'm utterly confused as that is the last wire i need to hook up.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:21 AM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by jclaw
More or less. But you shelled out 600+US for that thing and it's not even doing what it should do for you. That's in my book, especially 4-5 months after it came out.

Greddy also probably lost a few buyers already. And believe me, if there was a competitive alternative, I'd be all over it.
They have lost several for sure, and yes the customer service is horrible. No doubt about that. But they're not going to get off the hook that easily with me, because I have invested that much into it.

does anyone happen to know what i hook the "injector ground" wire from the emanage to? do i ground it to the chassis? use the ecu ground or tape it up? i'm utterly confused as that is the last wire i need to hook up.
I responded to your PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

I tapped Pin#58.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:21 PM
3.5 in the works

58 is just another ground location I take it?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:01 PM

FSM calls it a "sensors ground". 350Z guys just used an ECU ground.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:21 PM
3.5 in the works

Yeah I just joined the 2 grounds together on the ECU ground line.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:27 PM

after taking another look at the FSM it seems like 58 goes to the throttle position sensor.. and 48 and 57 look like pure ground.. can you shed some light on that please alex?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:33 PM

it connects to the #42pin on the tranny control module and the vehicle speed sensor..
Old 11-30-2005, 07:44 PM

ok dan, i wired it up per your instructions.. the first way you had me wire it pos with the crank angle line and crank ref with the cam sensor line.. the numbers jumped all over the place. went up to about 80 something..

and switching the wires just didn't give me any readings at all it just stayed at 0.

i forgot to bring my lap top out to my friend's house wehre i wired everything up so i brought a desktop out by the car as i reved it up and down and what not..
Old 11-30-2005, 08:10 PM

I agree on 48/57, however per both my FSMs(2000/2001) 58 is sensor ground. TPS is 82/91.

after taking another look at the FSM it seems like 58 goes to the throttle position sensor.. and 48 and 57 look like pure ground.. can you shed some light on that please alex?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Kevlo for President

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
I agree on 48/57, however per both my FSMs(2000/2001) 58 is sensor ground. TPS is 82/91.

Correct, it is. Sounds like it is connected to the engine ground which would be the better ground.

Quick Reply: My Emanage Ultimate is here!