Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

for those looking for turbo piping

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by iansw
Even better - these guys do welding for sure....and they are in CA.

http://www.superiortubepipe.com/html...ilities__.html
sweeeeeEEEt i'll definately check that one out. that's in northern california and that's not too far from where i live =D.. i'll be moving back to northern california in december.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:25 AM

bump... wow this thread seens to be never ending.. i just read all 15 pages. hopefully this kit comes through. im very interested in it. i will be slowly putting a turbo kit together for myself piece by piece. hopefully by winter it will be up and running.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:22 PM

it's pretty sad how many manufactures in this industry are notorious for lagging.

i've heard some not so great stories about other manufactures too. but none of them have lagged as long as this one.

i'm waiting for the current manufacture to at least weld one set together so i have a perfect working peice the other manufactures can use as a reference.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you can make and weld a turbo kit in one day
Old 04-08-2006, 06:09 PM

i just read it all also. quite the story. i have worked in a machine shop and definately understand the manufacturer lag. good luck with the project
Old 04-08-2006, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by mingo
it's pretty sad how many manufactures in this industry are notorious for lagging.

i've heard some not so great stories about other manufactures too. but none of them have lagged as long as this one.

i'm waiting for the current manufacture to at least weld one set together so i have a perfect working peice the other manufactures can use as a reference.
i understand where your coming from. i hope it all comes together and we can all help u pay back some of that tuition. i will defiently keep up with this thread. i hope you get some kits going os hopefully i can buy one!
Old 04-09-2006, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by stephenlc
you can make and weld a turbo kit in one day
that's real sad but true.

but it takes more than just one day to come up with a great design because we had to cnc two flanges that mates with the stock manifold, another flange for the turbo exhaust intake and one bracket. and then there's the mider cut merge collector and after everything is tested, changes needs to be made if there are clearance issues, and when all is said and done, a jig/fixture/mold is made and then all the machines have to be set up with a certian die and stoppers to bend all the pipes a certain way they need to be bent and then all of that has to be tig welded, tig welding is alot more time consuming than mig welding.. but nonetheless it can still be welded in one day. at least one kit per day.. and look how long we have all waited. and how long my investements have been bound.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:12 AM

that's real sad but true.

but it takes more than just one day to come up with a great design because we had to cnc two flanges that mates with the stock manifold, another flange for the turbo exhaust intake and one bracket. and then there's the mider cut merge collector and after everything is tested, changes needs to be made if there are clearance issues, and when all is said and done, a jig/fixture/mold is made and then all the machines have to be set up with a certian die and stoppers to bend all the pipes a certain way they need to be bent and then all of that has to be tig welded, tig welding is alot more time consuming than mig welding.. but nonetheless it can still be welded in one day. at least one kit per day.. and look how long we have all waited. and how long my investements have been bound.
Im just saying anyway with experience can cut, weld, and make a turbo kit in one day. Most performance shops do this on a daily basis.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:24 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Im just saying anyway with experience can cut, weld, and make a turbo kit in one day. Most performance shops do this on a daily basis.

if you want to flame or BS, pm it.. if you don't want to buy the purposed product don't.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:39 AM
RR5

OK that's it. I'm taking out a loan to pay for this.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:49 PM

most performance shops just purchase prebent u pipes, cut some sections off and weld it to get the desired angle as opposed to custom bending the pipes to the desired angle.

if i wanted i could go to a local muffler shop, bring them a bunch of u bends, and have them duplicate the setup. but that wouldn't be a kit worth my efforts.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor

yea well its easy to paint a car in one day too... its just the kind of job that is done...

i do not know of any reputable shop that builds and designs turbo kits in one day
Old 04-20-2006, 06:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

are u still looking to sell the piping at all or have u stopped trying becuase cuz i might be interested depending on the price? let me know if ur still looking for buyers...
Old 04-20-2006, 06:27 AM

i'll post up an update when there is any news. as of now, the operation has been suspended for multiple reasons.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Depending on Price i may be interested too.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:59 PM
drag racing is for wussies

I just would like to know if this project is going to finaly be avalible to us soon ? I haven't driven my Maxima in bout a month now, and it got me thinking that I could pretty much have put togheter a nice feedpipe and downpipe for a nice ATP turbo and 40mm wastegate. I fabbed up a decent intercooler setup using SS prebends that I bought online for approx 400 bux including the intercooler for my brothers G20.

I am looking for a bolt on solution, if that comes around I will find me some stock exhaust manifolds or get those cheap headers off Ebay to repleace my HotShot headers with.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:05 PM

the owner of the manufacture is no longer picking up my phone calls, and has not been in the office. i think he's getting real close to selling his business. i need him to build me one more complete set so i can bring it with me to other manufactures to have it duplicated. the kit on the sponsor car is chromed and ceramic coated, it is also a showroom car so i wouldn't be able to pull the kit off that car.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:47 PM

wow...just, wow. It's about 3 am, and I read every single post in this thread. mingo, good luck getting everything together, I hope it works out well. Subscribing..
Old 05-14-2006, 08:48 AM

Mingo any progress ; updates?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:37 AM

i'm trying to pick up the fixtures from the manufacture now. but i can't get a hold of the owner. the employees won't allow me to just take the parts. and i need to get the CNC programs from him for certain parts of the kit.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:29 AM
RR5

i'm trying to pick up the fixtures from the manufacture now. but i can't get a hold of the owner. the employees won't allow me to just take the parts. and i need to get the CNC programs from him for certain parts of the kit.
Oh no! Looks like I'm going to have to bring my lunch to work and stick to driving to work and home so I can drop the $$ to buy the piping.

My offer still stands mingo.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:24 PM
4th gen <3

Sell me a feed pipe!!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:55 AM

so what happened

i bet many of you have forgotten about my project and others probably thought it was a hoax. well i have bad news and bad news.

the manufacture i was working with ananomously was hot shot headers. they shut down their shop, sold the property while ignoring and avoiding my calls for the past year. they either threw away my fixtures, turbo, 3" cat and 3" muffler along with the mock up or sold it or maybe have it stored away somewhere.

it is unfortunate to see how some people can befriend you and then screw you in your *** after you've patiently took their excuses for delays up your rear.

John Spangler, owner of Hot Shot Headers has made an *** of me on this forum as i was unable to deliver goods that i promised.

HOWEVER remember that one sponsored car? yes.. i spent thousands just to put this turbo kit on someone elses car. it's a show car and is sitting in a showroom. hopefully i will be able to pull the kit off his car again sometime in the future and build a fixture out of that again and send it to different more reliable manufactures.

for those of you that are thinking "why don't you sue him?" well i wish it were that simple, and if i could i would have. the problem is, everything was cash based, there is no paper trail. To me as a start-up i think it was a lesson learned at a somewhat unreasonable price, but still a valuable one.

I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up and hope i can one day pick this project back up. meanwhile i have to worry about my growling stomach and do whatever it takes to recover from the loss.

my maxima is the ultimate poser ride now, i sold my jic's am lowered on B rated springs and stock struts and have more gauges mounted than a 747 jumbo jet and an emanage ultimate collecting dust.

so what now?? stop buying hot shot header's products? well that's up to you guys, i for one am never doing business with him again.

just to entertain you guys i will upload some pictures so you guys can see the one-off kit that would be nothing but a dream to the rest of us.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:34 AM
RR5

Holy crap that really is bad news. I feel for you. All the advice you'll get now wont make any difference, but if you deal in cash you should think about getting the other party to sign SOMETHING that states the time-frame and purpose. I'd still call up a lawyer from the phonebook and see if there's at least something you can do.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:44 AM
SLOW

That's a pretty shtty deal. Sorry for your monetary/time loss, I know how it goes from personal experience.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:34 PM

I cant belive HotShot went out of bussiness, I had my friend call em up today about a intercooler pipe kit for my G20 that their website says is on backorder.... sounded like the bussiness was very much still operating.

WTF ? www.hotshot.com
Old 09-05-2006, 02:12 PM

from what i was told by the new owner of the propety he sold was that he is no longer going to be manufacturing. he's selling all his machines if not have already sold his machines. he still has fixtures/jigs/molds and just sends them out to other people i guess. to him, everything is always back-ordered. he'll collect money first, spend it on remodeling his house, and then think about getting a set made after he gets enough orders. he'll lag like no other. there were quite a few customers that would go by the shop when i was working on the turbo project looking for john. they would usually be super upset and yelling at me as if i worked there. after doing a google search, it seems as if everyone is liquidating hot shot inventory. i guess he doesn't want to announce that he's shut down or something just yet.

he has switched industries. one reason why he lagged on me so much was because he was "stuyding" for his brokers license. all his employees have told me at some point that him and his wife are crock loads of dung.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:12 PM

sorry to hear about that mingo. sucks there people out there that will screw anyone over for some cash. I was looking foward to your project. good luck wiht future endevors, hope to see something special out of you! and if u need to get rid of the emanage let me know
Old 09-05-2006, 09:34 PM
RR5

So come on people, lets find a shop that can get this turbo project off the ground. I'm sure someone on here knows or is close friends with someone who can help this out.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:45 PM

hahaah i'm keeping the emanage. i still hope to add some form of boost to my car. this project has seriously have been a roller coaster ride for me.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:59 PM

the problem isn't finding a shop that would build it. the problem is getting the jig/mold/fixtures back. in a few days i will no longer be in southern california. i have left a few messages telling him to ship it to northern california where i would be. i doubt it'll happen though.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Former Sponsor

the problem isn't finding a shop that would build it. the problem is getting the jig/mold/fixtures back. in a few days i will no longer be in southern california. i have left a few messages telling him to ship it to northern california where i would be. i doubt it'll happen though.
do you have his personal info dude? I'm sure we can make something happen call me or PM me dude
Old 09-06-2006, 03:03 PM

nope no personal info. if i new his home address i would have visited him already..

here's some pix of the sponsored car

the pipes dont' hang as low as they look.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:42 PM
teddibear703

those pics look mighty familiar
Old 09-06-2006, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by JdoubleOe703
those pics look mighty familiar
don't they now?? hahahahahaha..
Old 09-06-2006, 04:56 PM

Sorry to hear you got screwed over like that.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by venommaxr33
Not sure if you if you considered this, but have you considered running the intercooler piping across the top of the intercooler to from the turbo instead of across the top of the engine. Not only does it eliminate some 90 degree bends but the air temp is lower which is always a good thing. Essentially the the piping going to and from the intercooler run up the same side of the driverside where the CAI would go. However the fuse box will need to be moved left for both pipes to run behind it. Just some food for thought!!!

I ran my intercooler pipes just on top of the inter cooler between the impact bar and the bracket for the hood latch had to re-locate but the 2.5 in pipe fit just fine.. i did it for more stelth reasons but seems to keep it cooler and when you open the hood all you see is the bov and the pipe going to the tb
check out the pics.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...100_1137-1.jpg
that is a pic of where i put the pipes through.. kinda tight but goes with the stelth ness..

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...100_1175-1.jpg
under hood pic.. like i said all you see is the one pipe. and the bov..
Where is the turbo? haha.....
Old 09-06-2006, 09:41 PM

WOW that is complete horse crap.. I dontknow what to say.. just messed up.. i am sorry for your loss.. that sucks really does i hate it when the nice guy gets screwed.. well hope it all works out in the end.. and if there is anything i can do let me know..
Old 09-07-2006, 08:22 AM

wow that is really stealth mode Turbo setup....nice one SouthFlMaxTech..
now show us where i the Turbo at.lol
Old 09-07-2006, 01:21 PM

Nice setup you got there, clean.... but *I* don't like the particular location of that BOV- based on that picture you are runing a vented BOV, as I see no recirculation hose, and I don't see a MAF anywhere in the picture. So this must mean you are runing suck through MAF setup, am I correct ? And if so Why ?

I got my welder, I should flex my skillz and start my own lil project.

Quick Reply: for those looking for turbo piping