Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

FS: *NEW* V1 S/C Plate Kits...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 09:22 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

These things are great workmanship guys. Remember, there is no other way to s/c your car anymore.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

GodFather

GodFather,

I sent your Two kits out today. I sent you the tracking number. Please check with me when you recieve it. Let me know how it looks

-matt
Old 01-31-2006, 12:12 PM

Sorry kinda O/T but I have charge pipes for sale on ebay, if anyone is interested here is a link. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old 01-31-2006, 12:16 PM

Defintely not Off Topic. Really ON topic

Fix your Link though

-matt
Old 01-31-2006, 12:23 PM

Wrong listing buddy.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Made in Taiwan

Originally Posted by MAX420
Sorry kinda O/T but I have charge pipes for sale on ebay, if anyone is interested here is a link. Thanks. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...QQcmdZViewItem

that's funny, he's copied the wrong link...
that motor looks meaty, though.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:02 PM

Alright.. Go ahead and put me down for the kit..
Old 01-31-2006, 06:00 PM

Haha sorry, thats the motor im buying for project sh*tstain. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Stock97automax
Alright.. Go ahead and put me down for the kit..
Talk, sometimes, is cheap. PM me about putting a deposit on a Starter Kit, and I should be going ahead with another run in a few days.

-matt
Old 02-01-2006, 08:01 AM

i haven't heard any mention of the t-fitting we'll need for the -4 oil feed line. i'm assuming we need to supply ourselves with this item. anybody know where to get one?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by jac121479
i haven't heard any mention of the t-fitting we'll need for the -4 oil feed line. i'm assuming we need to supply ourselves with this item. anybody know where to get one?
I know

pm me.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:35 PM

slimer
i just tried but, its not working. where can i get that fitting???
Old 02-01-2006, 06:56 PM

Its 1/8 NPST fitting into the motor.

-matt
Old 02-01-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by i30ds
Yeah, I'm in on the one from the '01 mustang.
You should let me know when you get everything in Ill bring up turbomax and we can check out each others car
Old 02-01-2006, 08:04 PM

thanks Matt
Old 02-01-2006, 08:11 PM

slimer
i just tried but, its not working. where can i get that fitting???
dude, its cuz you only have 11 posts. you need 15.

Matty, its actually NPST and there is only one place that I found it. Its not available at Summit or Jegs.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 PM

Slimer
so where'd you find this fitting at?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:11 PM

I want to tell you a little more than where to find the fitting. There are some deals. I'm on AIM right now. Slimermax1

Steve.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:55 AM

do you guys know what the difference is between NPT and NPST? i can't find any info on NPST.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:59 AM

do you guys know what the difference is between NPT and NPST? i can't find any info on NPST.
NPT is tapered so the more you turn it, the tighter the seal. NPST does not have a taper, so it needs to be sealed with either a copper ring or a rubber o-ring. Thats why people sometimes have a leak in that area.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:03 AM

Slimer!! i finally caught you. so whats going on with this fitting. i can't find crap on these NPST fittings.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:07 AM

Slimer!! i finally caught you. so whats going on with this fitting. i can't find crap on these NPST fittings.
its not like you have to catch me.

did you already get the -04 ss line?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by slimer
its not like you have to catch me.

did you already get the -04 ss line?
If you didn't, I'd get this.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:13 AM

Slimer
where'd you get it??? and how long does the line need to be?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:18 AM

I gave you a long explanation over pm, but it doesn't seem to be activated yet.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:23 AM

well, i'll be waiting for it. hopefully 16 posts makes it happen. thank for your help man.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:26 AM

Do you need a parts list too? I'm just making sure because i need all my stuff ready.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:14 PM

unfortunately your pm didn't work. i checked and it says i have zero messages. could you send it again? it should work now. and i'm all about a parts list.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:55 PM

unfortunately your pm didn't work. i checked and it says i have zero messages. could you send it again? it should work now. and i'm all about a parts list.
You have pm. And I will get it to you.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Armed and Dangerous

I gave you a long explanation over pm, but it doesn't seem to be activated yet.
Hell post it here. I'd love a long explanation about the feed line.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:36 PM

Hell post it here. I'd love a long explanation about the feed line.
I lost it.

BUT

You need about 4' of ss line. The pic that I posted is -04AN already and includes the t-fitting. I used a NOS fuel line because it had an extra lining on the inside and I had already gone with a ss line made at a local shop that ended up coming apart. I think I still ahve the stillen one too, the way I installed the fittings didn't allow me use it. To mount it, Stillen used Adel Clamps, but I have been using thick zip ties and those have worked fine for me. You just need to figure out the best route. One of these days, I'll get off my lazy butt and take pictures.

When you get your s/c you have to make sure it has the oil squirter/restrictor in it.

If not, you have to buy one from vortech. My unit has a 90 degree fitting so I can't take mine out. Dammit.

Any other ?'s
Old 02-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Armed and Dangerous

I lost it.

BUT

You need about 4' of ss line. The pic that I posted is -04AN already and includes the t-fitting. I used a NOS fuel line because it had an extra lining on the inside and I had already gone with a ss line made at a local shop that ended up coming apart. I think I still ahve the stillen one too, the way I installed the fittings didn't allow me use it. To mount it, Stillen used Adel Clamps, but I have been using thick zip ties and those have worked fine for me. You just need to figure out the best route. One of these days, I'll get off my lazy butt and take pictures.

When you get your s/c you have to make sure it has the oil squirter/restrictor in it.

If not, you have to buy one from vortech. My unit has a 90 degree fitting so I can't take mine out. Dammit.

Any other ?'s
Thanks Slimer.

So I need 4 feet of -4 SS hose with a -4AN 45 degree fitting on one end and a -4AN T fitting on the other end? All the places I know that carry SS hose only have the individual parts, so you would basically have to build your own. I guess its not really that big of a deal, but I would prefer if I could get the hose already completed like in the picture above. Do you remember where you got it from?

I also have a few (actually a lot) of other general questions that I and other people probably have as well.

First, what needs to be done about the relocation of the radiator overfill tank? I know that the stillen kit came with a bracket.

Second, I looked at the stillen instructions in the stickies and it shows the cam sensor re-adjusting retainer that allows for clearence with the blower bracket. I know that the instructions were for the V2 kit which had a different bracket. So, I guess my question is, does the V1 bracket need the cam retainer or is clearence not an issue here?

Third, in one of Matt's posts on page one he mentions the rubber oil feed back hose but says it is a nissan part. Any extra info on that?

Forth, what is the recommended path for the power steering lines. In the stickies write up, the ptatohed just left them. He said that they were rubbing, but never had any problems. I would prefer not to do this. Any extra info or advice on fixing the power steering lines.

Fifth, do I have to run my BOV back to the air filter to be emissions legal? I know there was some discussion about this on page one, but the responses were conflicting. I would really like to just expel it into the atmosphere. We just have regular old fed emissions here in CO... no gay cali emissions so they are not too strict.

Sixth, what is the proper size K&N filter I need? If I do need to run the BOV to my air filter, I will have to drill a hole in it and insert some sort of nipple right?

I guess that is it for now. Hopefully between you and Matt and anyother SC veterans, we can all come up with the answers.

Thanks,

Devin
Old 02-03-2006, 01:50 PM

Thanks Slimer.

So I need 4 feet of -4 SS hose with a -4AN 45 degree fitting on one end and a -4AN T fitting on the other end? All the places I know that carry SS hose only have the individual parts, so you would basically have to build your own. I guess its not really that big of a deal, but I would prefer if I could get the hose already completed like in the picture above. Do you remember where you got it from?

I also have a few (actually a lot) of other general questions that I and other people probably have as well.

First, what needs to be done about the relocation of the radiator overfill tank? I know that the stillen kit came with a bracket.

Second, I looked at the stillen instructions in the stickies and it shows the cam sensor re-adjusting retainer that allows for clearence with the blower bracket. I know that the instructions were for the V2 kit which had a different bracket. So, I guess my question is, does the V1 bracket need the cam retainer or is clearence not an issue here?

Third, in one of Matt's posts on page one he mentions the rubber oil feed back hose but says it is a nissan part. Any extra info on that?

Forth, what is the recommended path for the power steering lines. In the stickies write up, the ptatohed just left them. He said that they were rubbing, but never had any problems. I would prefer not to do this. Any extra info or advice on fixing the power steering lines.

Fifth, do I have to run my BOV back to the air filter to be emissions legal? I know there was some discussion about this on page one, but the responses were conflicting. I would really like to just expel it into the atmosphere. We just have regular old fed emissions here in CO... no gay cali emissions so they are not too strict.

Sixth, what is the proper size K&N filter I need? If I do need to run the BOV to my air filter, I will have to drill a hole in it and insert some sort of nipple right?

I guess that is it for now. Hopefully between you and Matt and anyother SC veterans, we can all come up with the answers.

Thanks,

Devin
The radiator overflow needs to be relocated to the driver-side of the engine bay (to make room for the supercharger). The Stillen kit did come with a bracket, but seriously you could just use zip ties to keep it in place. You just need to buy a longer piece of radiator-coolant overflow hose.

The oil drainback hose is the same as the stock nissan crankcase breather hose (goes from crankcase to the stock resonator intake box). Buy a new one because the one you have has probably become too stiff from aging. I actually used a stock nissan upper power steering hose. It's smaller in diameter, but it does the job.

The power steering lines should be rerouted to go behind the fuse box (along next to the passenger-side fender, behind the headlight and down to the hardlines in front of the radiator. You'll be removing the stock hardlines (underneath where the blower is supposed to go).

The EPA doesn't like atmospheric BOV's for some reason. In Cali it's illegal, but I have one anyway. A recirculation valve makes it quieter and will be more "emissions legal" than an atmospheric BOV.

The stock "pancake" air filter is a K&N with part number: RA-0980. I'd recommend a larger 4" long filter. ptatohed used a larger one and got another lb of boost. If you want to recirculate, then yes you'll have to punch a little hole in the filter and add a nipple. There's actually a "pre-drilled" hole when you buy the new filter. It's covered up, but all you need to do is punch it out.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by ewuzh
The radiator overflow needs to be relocated to the driver-side of the engine bay (to make room for the supercharger). The Stillen kit did come with a bracket, but seriously you could just use zip ties to keep it in place. You just need to buy a longer piece of radiator-coolant overflow hose.

The oil drainback hose is the same as the stock nissan crankcase breather hose (goes from crankcase to the stock resonator intake box). Buy a new one because the one you have has probably become too stiff from aging. I actually used a stock nissan upper power steering hose. It's smaller in diameter, but it does the job.

The power steering lines should be rerouted to go behind the fuse box (along next to the passenger-side fender, behind the headlight and down to the hardlines in front of the radiator. You'll be removing the stock hardlines (underneath where the blower is supposed to go).

The EPA doesn't like atmospheric BOV's for some reason. In Cali it's illegal, but I have one anyway. A recirculation valve makes it quieter and will be more "emissions legal" than an atmospheric BOV.

The stock "pancake" air filter is a K&N with part number: RA-0980. I'd recommend a larger 4" long filter. ptatohed used a larger one and got another lb of boost. If you want to recirculate, then yes you'll have to punch a little hole in the filter and add a nipple. There's actually a "pre-drilled" hole when you buy the new filter. It's covered up, but all you need to do is punch it out.
Thats about right. The PS hose is High Pressure 5/16 IIRC.

Any more ?s
Old 02-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Thanks guys.

So, you guys would recommend NOT using the RA-0980 filter, but a 4'' long filter instead? Maybe I can get a part number from ptatohed for that one.

ewuzh- You say that you have an atmoshperic BOV even though it is illegal in CA? Do you still pass emissions or do you have convert whenever you need to run emissions? What do the emissions techs say when they pop your hood?

Slimer- So I just need to get a good lenght of SOFT ps line in size 5/16 and connect it to the hard line directly in front of the ac condensor, run it behind the fuse box and then up to the ps container eliminating the hard lines that run right where the blower will sit? What does "IIRC" mean?

What about my question on the cam sensor retainer? Do I need to worry about that at all?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:42 PM

Thanks guys.

So, you guys would recommend NOT using the RA-0980 filter, but a 4'' long filter instead? Maybe I can get a part number from ptatohed for that one.
Yes, get that one.

ewuzh- You say that you have an atmoshperic BOV even though it is illegal in CA? Do you still pass emissions or do you have convert whenever you need to run emissions? What do the emissions techs say when they pop your hood?
I have mine vented, but they don't pop the hood here. OBD-II FTW Do they do a visual inspection like that? Methinks that they would not know what it was.
Slimer- So I just need to get a good lenght of SOFT ps line in size 5/16 and connect it to the hard line directly in front of the ac condensor, run it behind the fuse box and then up to the ps container eliminating the hard lines that run right where the blower will sit? What does "IIRC" mean?
Yup. Thats it. Route it around where the filter sits. IIRC is if i remember correctly.
What about my question on the cam sensor retainer? Do I need to worry about that at all?
Since the orientation of the V1 plate is different, you do not need this.

THe other thing missing is the relay box relocation bracket, but I have never used mine. Its just wedged between my CAI hard tube and the PS resoviour.

Whats next?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:59 PM

Haven't smogged my car yet with the supercharger, but I will have to this year. I doubt I will pass emissions with my current setup, so you know what that means.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:28 AM
.org window licker

thx matty for allowing me to post in ur thread
i happen to have a Vortech V-1 S-trim blower up for sale to go with matty's adaptor plate and kit great deal if u buy from me and matty
(i will personally take 100 dolllars off my price for blower,...matty must inform me that u have purchased from him first!!!!)
blower is sold thx everyone for showing intrest
if i get another on i will put it on here !!!
Old 02-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Thanks guys.

Now lets talk about the intake piping and the BOV.

I know need to get a MAF flange from cattman, but I need just one right... not two?

Should I go with 2.75 or 3'' piping?

On the stillen brand pipes, I saw that they have support bars welded on that go down towrds the front valve cover. How am I going to support my custom pipe in that area? Do I need to have supports welded on, or do I need not worry about it?

What about the IACV hoses (both the big one and the small one)? I need to have holes drilled in the pipe directly after the MAF and then have nipples welded on right?

What is up with ''reclocking the SC"? I did a search, but I could only find people talking about it... never saying why they did it. My guess is that it angles the SC up more so you have room to put on larger pipes, but I could be wrong.

What BOV should I get? Matt recommended the Vortech BOV, but said it was pretty pricy. I did a search and got some confliction in the answers. Some were saying that the HKS causes compressor surge, and the Greddy Type S is leaky. Some said to use a Blitz, but others said that it has some compressor surge too. What are you using? I definately do not want some thing that leaks or has compressor surge.

What do I do about getting a flage for my BOV?
Old 02-04-2006, 02:56 PM

I know need to get a MAF flange from cattman, but I need just one right... not two?
Or from frankencar. you only need one.

Should I go with 2.75 or 3'' piping?
Go with 3". It will keep everything the same.

On the stillen brand pipes, I saw that they have support bars welded on that go down towrds the front valve cover. How am I going to support my custom pipe in that area? Do I need to have supports welded on, or do I need not worry about it?
Screw it, I've never had 'em.

What about the IACV hoses (both the big one and the small one)? I need to have holes drilled in the pipe directly after the MAF and then have nipples welded on right?
Aside from a bov flange (which you could buy a 3" pipe from ebay like ptatohed and the wizard did for their AWAC setup) this is the only welding involved with the entire project. Keep costs down.

What is up with ''reclocking the SC"? I did a search, but I could only find people talking about it... never saying why they did it. My guess is that it angles the SC up more so you have room to put on larger pipes, but I could be wrong.
It makes the outlet go at a better angle so you do not have to have the bend like in the Stillen pipes. There are many threads about this. If you have not donated yet, pony up the $20 and you'll do yourself a huge favor.

What BOV should I get? Matt recommended the Vortech BOV, but said it was pretty pricy. I did a search and got some confliction in the answers. Some were saying that the HKS causes compressor surge, and the Greddy Type S is leaky. Some said to use a Blitz, but others said that it has some compressor surge too. What are you using? I definately do not want some thing that leaks or has compressor surge.
I have the turboxs rated to 20psi and its great. no compressor surge or anything. However, if you do care about all that emissions BS, get the vortech race or another BOV that you could recirc to make it emissions legal during your inspection. I would go with the vortech race because is pushes HUGE amounts of air. Stephen Max has it and likes it a lot. I don't see anything wrong with the Blitz either. For BOV's, its up to you.

What do I do about getting a flage for my BOV?
I answered this above, but talk with me more over PM. I have solutions for you.

Quick Reply: FS: *NEW* V1 S/C Plate Kits...