Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

will the dek with-stand boost

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

will the dek with-stand boost

Well I was wondering if any of you 5th gens guys have boosted the dek and how well will it stand boost. What are the horsepower limits? Im thinking of buying a 95 gxe with a bad motor and was thinking of swaping in the de-k.
Also what size injectors come in the de-k. Does the de-k bolt up to the 6speed tranny? Or do i have to stay with the 5pseed
Old 01-02-2006, 07:19 PM

No reason to believe the VQ30DE-K doesn't stand up to boost just as well as the VQ30DE. In fact you'd be starting with a MUCH better intake manifold and slightly more aggressive intake cams.

The injectors are 290cc vs 259 on the 95-99.

All VQ30-35's have the same bellhousing from 1995 to 2006. So the 6-speed does bolt up and it has been done before, but I hear it's a giant paint in the @ss to get working right.

Also the 6-speed flywheel weights in at a ridiculous 32 pounds, vs our 5-speeds' much more reasonable 18 pounds. So I'd be tempted to use a lighter flywheel if I were swapping in a 6-speed.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by JClaw
No reason to believe the VQ30DE-K doesn't stand up to boost just as well as the VQ30DE. In fact you'd be starting with a MUCH better intake manifold and slightly more aggressive intake cams.

The injectors are 290cc vs 259 on the 95-99.

All VQ30-35's have the same bellhousing from 1995 to 2006. So the 6-speed does bolt up and it has been done before, but I hear it's a giant paint in the @ss to get working right.

Also the 6-speed flywheel weights in at a ridiculous 32 pounds, vs our 5-speeds' much more reasonable 18 pounds. So I'd be tempted to use a lighter flywheel if I were swapping in a 6-speed.
ok great sound like a new plan for my future. Do it use the same axles? what the the hard part of gettting it to work and is it stronger than the 3rg and 4th gen 5 speed.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:02 AM

the DEK can handle some boost. W/ bigger injectors, E manage and JS Dixit dynoed over 400HP to the wheels w/a DEK motor.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:33 AM

what ever happend to that talk about the rods bending at about 350 to 400whp. Was that just a bad batch of rods?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by 93turbo gxe
Well I was wondering if any of you 5th gens guys have boosted the dek and how well will it stand boost. What are the horsepower limits? Im thinking of buying a 95 gxe with a bad motor and was thinking of swaping in the de-k.
Also what size injectors come in the de-k. Does the de-k bolt up to the 6speed tranny? Or do i have to stay with the 5pseed
Why not just buy the de-k motor, and swap it into your 3rd gen? Don't say it can't be done, because a shop by me DID it....
Old 01-03-2006, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Starchild2K2SE
Why not just buy the de-k motor, and swap it into your 3rd gen? Don't say it can't be done, because a shop by me DID it....
um it wouldnt happen to look like this one would it

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=448076

huge coinsadance i dont think so
Old 01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Alex_V

whats with the needless hostility??

~Alex

Old 01-03-2006, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by subs1000w
um it wouldnt happen to look like this one would it

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=448076

huge coinsadance i dont think so
Yeah, that's actually my boys car, and I didn't even know he had it on the internet until I saw the post they had. That was a real swap, the car was in the shop all summer, and I saw it with my own two eyes. Watch how many people do that swap now.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:12 PM

umm I know it can be done but I dont want a 3rd gen anymore I want something new and with aftermarket surpport.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yes a talented mechanic physically put in the dek motor We said that in a early post but to those who think we had no part in at all and that is not true.The mechanic didn't have the answers to how this was going to work and didn't know how and what key elements of the vq motor let alone the dek and placing that in a 3rd gen. We all work hard and collectively planned togethier to get the answers in figuring out how get around the trouble's we had. Which harness to use , what gear box , axels, how to wire the 00vi , iavc where to source all the parts and also the break down of the step by step that it took all of us to firgure it out. Desil and I did have alot of input on this project no shop volunteered 3 months to get this up and running. This is way we never posted this earlier because when ever u do thing here there is alway s negative feedback and sarcasim. Desil didn't have tell u about his car nor how it running or better yet if it even exisited. Desil and I are pissed that ur guys are trying to discredit us like we just dropped of the engine and that WAS IT . Yes work was done in a shop, but that shop isnt on maxima.org nor did they every do a swap like this before. Starchild doesn't even know what exactly went it making this car. But he knows we all put in work to make this come togethier. Before this post this was a dream and now it reality and we trying so you what was done but keep up the way ur acting and you ill never know. Desil21 and I can answer all of quewstions bc we were apart of decision and planning process maybe we didn't do as much physicall labor as the mechinac but we were there everyday along the mechanic helping with car for the 3 months when it being pieced togeheir.

And P.S to all thinking why caint we get the contact info to the shop or mechanic? too bad he is not doing any more mechnic work and closed down the shop in Nov of 05. and you don't believe us ask Starchild 2k2 , Max4u, tj-maxx, Ghase mforrest, nightrider.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by bgcease92
Yes a talented mechanic physically put in the dek motor We said that in a early post but to those who think we had no part in at all and that is not true.The mechanic didn't have the answers to how this was going to work and didn't know how and what key elements of the vq motor let alone the dek and placing that in a 3rd gen. We all work hard and collectively planned togethier to get the answers in figuring out how get around the trouble's we had. Which harness to use , what gear box , axels, how to wire the 00vi , iavc where to source all the parts and also the break down of the step by step that it took all of us to firgure it out. Desil and I did have alot of input on this project no shop volunteered 3 months to get this up and running. This is way we never posted this earlier because when ever u do thing here there is alway s negative feedback and sarcasim. Desil didn't have tell u about his car nor how it running or better yet if it even exisited. Desil and I are pissed that ur guys are trying to discredit us like we just dropped of the engine and that WAS IT . Yes work was done in a shop, but that shop isnt on maxima.org nor did they every do a swap like this before. Starchild doesn't even know what exactly went it making this car. But he knows we all put in work to make this come togethier. Before this post this was a dream and now it reality and we trying so you what was done but keep up the way ur acting and you ill never know. Desil21 and I can answer all of quewstions bc we were apart of decision and planning process maybe we didn't do as much physicall labor as the mechinac but we were there everyday along the mechanic helping with car for the 3 months when it being pieced togeheir.

And P.S to all thinking why caint we get the contact info to the shop or mechanic? too bad he is not doing any more mechnic work and closed down the shop in Nov of 05. and you don't believe us ask Starchild 2k2 , Max4u, tj-maxx, Ghase mforrest, nightrider.

Very true, even me and my boy Rob helped with getting some parts. It was a hard project but the shop with the help of Los and Desil21 made it work really well (big upz!!). But one know one thing, that shop will be missed. It's same place where I got the SAFC-2 and headers installed, and would have got the SC kit installed by them too, but it was to late!!! Still all good...