Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

PICS: 4th Gen with JDM Nissan Gloria VQ30DET

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:01 PM
BK Turbo Max

Wow, i'm impressed. I thought you were joking almost! LOL.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by BlackBIRDVQ
Props on getting the motor in..... but the red looks out of place. I would be ashamed to open the hood if my engine bay looked THAT messy.

Good thing your not him. Don't fret, nobody opens their bay in BK.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sounds like a cylinder or two aren't firing. Clogged injectors are typical of junkyard motors that have been sitting around for a while.

Good to see it up and running though.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 98MaXeDouT
Good thing your not him. Don't fret, nobody opens their bay in BK.
very true the show u another guys engine bay from their phones.lol
Old 04-19-2007, 06:34 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

....only a matter of time before someone realizes the manifolds bolt on to a 3.5.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:00 PM

^^^^ding Ding Ding
Old 04-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by tavarish
....only a matter of time before someone realizes the manifolds bolt on to a 3.5.
MDeezy has a 3.5-swapped car and has been inquiring in the other thread about it, actually

I'm excited to see what this will do for 3.5's and whether or not 5.5 gen people will stop their whining about no available turbo stuff
Old 04-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Congrats on the swap.

As nismology already said, it definitely sounds like the motor is missing but it should be easily fixable.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by JeEvE
Congrats on the swap.

As nismology already said, it definitely sounds like the motor is missing but it should be easily fixable.
Speaking of which, TJ_max, you should direct your friend to the DET manifold swap thread going on in this forum as well. I've already got the part #'s for the injectors if he needs to order them in that thread; should save some time if he does
Old 04-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Ichiban King

That b1tch is bad@ ss.. to Nismology's comment.

Then again thats a true DET, not a DE running various DET parts and that's why I really respect the hell out of them.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:33 PM
VQ30 DE T

About a month ago I told some one this swap would take too much labor & fabrication.. on the other hand i've never been so happy to be proven wrong. Great job & hats off to "TRAFFIC BLOCKIN"
Old 04-20-2007, 12:45 AM
The only 4.5 gen in da 956

I knew it could be done... way back, way way back... the Nissan Mechanic that I use to go to, told me if I wanted to go turbo, to just swap a Nissan "Gloria" engine... never knew what he met by that... until researched it way way later... I would like to see some numbers....
Old 04-20-2007, 12:48 AM
4th gen <3

Originally Posted by accordingtou
About a month ago I told some one this swap would take too much labor & fabrication.. on the other hand i've never been so happy to be proven wrong. Great job & hats off to "TRAFFIC BLOCKIN"

It's jdm cool, but I want to see it run.

Nice job Traffic Blockin.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:38 AM

I was going to start the post of by telling most of MAXIMA.ORG to go FUKK them selves but then i thought i would be no better then them. So let me just say thank you to all my hatter friends out there that made me want to do this project even more and more..Its kinda funny know that i put it out there that I've done the swap none of the people that were negative about the whole thing being done have posted in this thread .. Well those are the ones that can go fukk them selves...:

I am the one that have started threads like (QUESTION ABOUT THE VQ30DET MOTOR) and many more in the past and every time they just got shut down by know it alls.....But for you guys out there that have been giving my swap nothing but positive feedback thank you very much......But for guys like NEALOC17 & JCY98MAXSE that tried to talk down to me and had nothing positive to say about this swap you guys surely are silent now. LMAO....

Now about the swap . My engine bay looks like sh7t right know do to the fact that this is the second setup . The reason why this is my second setup is because my car was stripped b4 they stole all my parts turbo, wastegate, fmic, everything that u can think of that had to do with boost was taken the only thing that was left was the motor thank god... The engine bay did not look nothing like that b4 it was nice and clean and every thing was nice a neat..As you can see from the receipt i had this motor in my car from last year... This is why i never posted about the swap and why most people from NY don't post about what the have under there hood .... The car ran fine the first time around .... Now it was giving me a Lil problem but know it is fixed .It was missing in the video that TJ toke one of the coil pack wires was disconnected.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:46 AM

Contrary to what some people might think the car is running on a stock maxima ecu wire harness. and the maff that came with the motor witch is the same as the maxima maff.... Some one said that it wouldn't be Worth it if this swap couldn't be done if it couldn't be done 4 less the 2k. That it would make more since to just to get custom pistons and rods 4 the stock vq30de. If these people ever got to see inside on of these motors like i have they wouldn't be saying that remember its a turbocharged motor lol.... This is funny cuz i have thousands of dollars in this project and i would say that it coast me about $1500 to actually get the motor in the car the rest was in upgrades, turbo,piping,clutch,etc u guys should get the point $1000 for the motor and $500 in fabrication but don't get things twisted guys its not a cheap project there was alot more then just getting it in the car.... and u lose alot of your goodies lol i cat tell you what i mean by that those who know me know what I'm talking about...

I will answer some questions not all so don't get mad if i dint answer yours its not personal i just not going to give the next person an easy way out you cant be mad at me for that.....
I will post dyno numbers and boost in a week or so the car is on stock ecu right now so i don't expect to get much out of it but I'm working on a custom EMS right now coming very soon so i can get the full feel of this motor..

To my great friend NELOC187 since you were the one that gave me the most sarcastic feedback during this swap I'm going to target you

Don't worry though i know that you are going and some of your maxima bend over buddies are pushing you to be the first maxima 2 hit 10's don't worry about it i will let you have that glory I'm not shooting for that i m shooting for the most horse power on just boost alone know juice ... and not blow up like Hal no disrespect to him i just want to make the power and keep it for a while that's my goal so don't get scared,,

P.S you better hurry up thought i might get Bord quick and just take that dream right from under you...........LMAO
Old 04-20-2007, 04:52 AM

LEt me say thankS to my dude TJ MAX for posting the pics for me and keeping the threads alive good lookin dog

YOU CAN IF YOU WANT BUT JUST KNOW THAT

TRAFFIK BLOCKIN

DID IT FIRST
Old 04-20-2007, 05:42 AM

Hats off to you Scoop... Nice swap, but it was done before on a black 97'. VQ power or some other site had a write up on the whole swap.

But still, very nice work my friend!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ghase
Hats off to you Scoop... Nice swap, but it was done before on a black 97'. VQ power or some other site had a write up on the whole swap.

But still, very nice work my friend!!!!!!!

if im not mistakin my friend it was just the heads but if for some reason i missed that witch i dont think i did hats of to them and im glade to follow in there foot steps
Old 04-20-2007, 06:00 AM

http://www.dynomagic.com/images/othe...nifold%202.jpg

was it this one if not can you find out were u seen this swap done i would reall like to see it cuz i searched up and down and asked questions everywere and got nothing so its kinda crazy that you seen it done b4 not to say that its not true but alot of people told me that it couldnt be done and i hasnt been done .... so if u can find that for my that would be a good look
Old 04-20-2007, 06:05 AM

hell yeah scoop, cant wait to see this beast. I'm done posting things I do to my car, and people saying this and that. Im just posting a dyno, and they can figure out the rest for themselves lol.....hopefully I'll see this thing next weekend.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by bkmaxima
I was going to start the post of by telling most of MAXIMA.ORG to go FUKK them selves but then i thought i would be no better then them. So let me just say thank you to all my hatter friends out there that made me want to do this project even more and more..Its kinda funny know that i put it out there that I've done the swap none of the people that were negative about the whole thing being done have posted in this thread .. Well those are the ones that can go fukk them selves...:
Thanks for being positive about it. It's best now to forget the haters and simply move on with "I told you so."
Old 04-20-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm needing a caw

I don't suppose we'll get an explaination on how he dealt with actually installing the RWD blocked motor into the maxima would we? ie.. diff engine mount locations (if that was the case).

I thought Tilley had a VQ30DET some years ago and look into this? And ran basicly all VQ30DET internals in a FWD block? But ran custom manifolds

edit. Unless someone can give my a logical anwer preferably in english, then go ahead and pass on replying to this. Grats.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:28 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

LISTEN UP. I'm going to lock this thread for 24 hours. When it is reopened tomorrow, everyone WILL behave in a civilized, productive matter, or you will no longer be welcomed on these forums. After this post, I want no more bickering or mention of past arguments in this thread. Get along or get out. You will not get a warning. Walk away and come back in 24 hours.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:00 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Thread is reopened. Start the bickering again and it will be locked for good. Start e-thugin again and it will be locked for good. I consider "if you want to meet somewhere and talk about this" to be e-thuging, just in case someone doesn't understand what that means. Keep the "on the down low son, we be out for a hizzle shizzle blah blah blah crap" to yourselves. If your not sure, then don't post it. Let's move on and have a productive post. That is all.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I don't suppose we'll get an explaination on how he dealt with actually installing the RWD blocked motor into the maxima would we? ie.. diff engine mount locations (if that was the case).

I thought Tilley had a VQ30DET some years ago and look into this? And ran basicly all VQ30DET internals in a FWD block? But ran custom manifolds

edit. Unless someone can give my a logical anwer preferably in english, then go ahead and pass on replying to this. Grats.

I thought the same thing when this thread came out, but I never cared to post about it. I think i have pictures somewhere.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:28 PM
4th gen <3

Originally Posted by mtrai760
. "on the down low son, we be out for a hizzle shizzle blah blah blah crap"

On a serious note, I am very interested in some more information on this swap. Have anything to add about the mounting points? Timing chain cover? Is it still running rich?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
I just did a quick search and this is the only thing I came up with that might explain why you are so pissed off at me?

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?searchid=568873

one sarcastic post is all it takes to get you that riled up that you want to "meet me at maxus 07" etc? I think you need to take a step back and realize how ridiculous that is.

In all seriousness, I'm sure I made that post based on the fact that your first post made it sound like you didn't know what you were getting into - THAT is why I made a sarcastic post. Honestly, I don't know the first damn thing about putting a DET into a maxima and I think it is sweet that you completed it. Obviously I was wrong when I ASSumed that you couldn't handle what you were talking about in that post. I was dead fcking wrong with that assumption and I don't have a problem admitting that. It's happened before and it'll surely happen again.

I do want to clarify though - I was NEVER saying that what you wanted to do could not be done. I know a guy putting a VQ into an airplane and I know a guy who has a VG powered RWD civic - ANYTHING can be done by someone who has the desire and the know-how. Never have I uttered the words "it's impossible". Anything is possible, some things just require more skills and ability than certain people possess.

All Im going to say is let bygone be bygones and move on....
Old 04-23-2007, 11:06 AM
SLOW

All Im going to say is let bygone be bygones and move on....

Sounds good to me bro. Grats on the successful swap.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by boostlogic

On a serious note, I am very interested in some more information on this swap. Have anything to add about the mounting points? Timing chain cover? Is it still running rich?

Everything was custome made...as far as timing chain cover its the same one that came on the motor if thats what you are asking ,,, it just has one less hole on it do to the fact that it was not used for mouting in the rwd setup aposed to the way its used in our cars same way that that stock vq30de is.... the car is no longer running rich... for some strange reason i was dumping a crazy amout of fuel ... i was idlein at 10.0 a/f crazy as hell now im at about 15.4 or something like that havent really tuched the car much this weekend.....i plane on getting my ems put together by this weekend but i will try to dyno it b4 any after the install.. dont know what else you guyz want to know but i will answer questions if you ask ......... But please dont get mad if i dont answer some im just not going to put it all out there
Old 04-23-2007, 11:15 AM
SLOW

Did you do any custom engine mount fabrication for one or more of the engine mounts? That is the biggest thing I would wonder about.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Did you do any custom engine mount fabrication for one or more of the engine mounts? That is the biggest thing I would wonder about.

We all know that i had to do some form of engine mount fab work do to the fact the place for the mounts on the det block are in totaly diffrent places... i rather not say how they were built but i did have to fabricate the mounts ... sorry if that doesnt answer your question but im im the process of making these for anyone that wants to do this swap not sure how thats going to work out so i cant put full detail out there ... hope you guyz understand but u can keep the questions comin
Old 04-23-2007, 11:35 AM
SLOW

We all know that i had to do some form of engine mount fab work do to the fact the place for the mounts on the det block are in totaly diffrent places... i rather not say how they were built but i did have to fabricate the mounts ... sorry if that doesnt answer your question but im im the process of making these for anyone that wants to do this swap not sure how thats going to work out so i cant put full detail out there ... hope you guyz understand but u can keep the questions comin

That's cool I wasn't expecting you to post up exactly what had to be done, just if it had to be done. I've never seen a DET out of a car, only in a couple RWD cars so I don't know what the mount setup looks like.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

Ok, can we be speculative and hypothetical now? LOL, What is this car capable of, i'll even take theoretical terms. Handle A LOT more boost? A lot more power at medium boost levels? As bkmaxima would say "come on boost gurus" lol.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:03 AM
brotherhood of tq

it sounds like he is planning on selling a kit of some sorts so then i understand why he is being hush hush about it.

dont these motors put out around 280/280 oem?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Kevlo for President

Originally Posted by liqidvenom

Yup
Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
it sounds like he is planning on selling a kit of some sorts so then i understand why he is being hush hush about it.

we have a winnnnaahhhh
Old 04-24-2007, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
Yup

o damn...

i read the thread but now what would be the benefits from using the DET instead of the 3.5, then goin turbo? it seems like its a ton of work between making new mounts, etc. but maybe im wrong about the DETty?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm needing a caw

Keep the topic on point.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:40 PM

Nice job.
Does the hood close and clear? Looks like the intake manifold sits kinda high... it could be the pics.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:07 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Man, I'm just glad the maxima community constantly overcomes when barely any one caters to our cars manufacturer wise anymore. Congrats on the setup.

Quick Reply: PICS: 4th Gen with JDM Nissan Gloria VQ30DET