Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Finally turbo for 5th gen.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Glory Glory Man United

Any luck on those Files ??? whats the word ?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:12 AM
aka The Doom Ship

While we wait for the results I would like to ask one question. Are they charging you for all these additional parts they have to replace at the last minute?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:18 AM

Hey 1swtmax its July how is your turbo working?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
While we wait for the results I would like to ask one question. Are they charging you for all these additional parts they have to replace at the last minute?
I would think so, cant be free for them to throw in a walbro, or say an AFPR if they realize his car needs it.

I dont know if they are making a special kit for his car, or if they have a kit they are using on his car. If they have a kit it should already have all the parts and there shouldnt be (or not many) parts needed at the last minute (especially a walbro).

but should turn out pretty good. lots of fuel and if they spent some good time on the dyno, we should see something very impressive...
Old 07-25-2008, 11:11 AM

Still waiting for files and numbers, I hope all went well..
Old 07-26-2008, 11:13 AM

^^^^Were all waiting patiently.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:48 PM

its like were sitting on the edge of the seat waiting for the results...
Old 07-26-2008, 01:46 PM

Well its the same song, different verse O wait a minute its the same verse. Well all I can say for now its going to the dyno on Thur (31st). But I will tell you guys that the kit only put down on my car for some reason 355whp and 365 touque. But thats for now Thur. will bring different results.

So lets go let the bashing begin.

And I`m not going to get into alot of b/s. I know I thought more but thats the way it is.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:14 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Only 355whp?! That's awesome results! Especially for the first tune. I would be happy with that but I'm guessin you want somethin in the 400 range.

Originally Posted by 1swtmax
Well its the same song, different verse O wait a minute its the same verse. Well all I can say for now its going to the dyno on Thur (31st). But I will tell you guys that the kit only put down on my car for some reason 355whp and 365 touque. But thats for now Thur. will bring different results.

And I`m not going to get into alot of b/s. I know I thought more but thats the way it is.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:41 PM
VQ30 DE T

Those are still good numbers.
What dyno did they use dynamics/ dynojet/ mustang etc.?
Either way you have a torque monster
Old 07-27-2008, 12:53 AM
dot dot dot ...

Was that on a DJ or ...?
Old 07-27-2008, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by accordingtou
Those are still good numbers.
What dyno did they use dynamics/ dynojet/ mustang etc.?
Either way you have a torque monster
Yea I agree they are good numbers but I was expecting more cause of the Altima kit whas 374 whp. But its good. Thurs I should get the 400 I was looking for. He dynoed on both the dynamics and also the dynojet with the same results. He said its fast as shyt. Spinning through the first two and part of the way through 3rd. I quess now its time for better tires.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How does a DD and DJ dyno the same?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Banned

because the guy lied to him
and the person listening to the person lieing was nieve...
Old 07-28-2008, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by niceguy
How does a DD and DJ dyno the same?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:41 AM

a dd can easily be set up to read dj numbers. many many people have done this and it works
Old 07-29-2008, 09:04 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by sunstream453
a dd can easily be set up to read dj numbers. many many people have done this and it works
'Set-up'.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Torgus
because the guy lied to him
and the person listening to the person lieing was nieve...
Seems like it. Im confused....does the dyno day keep getting pushed back or these #'s are coming from dynos so Im lost.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Godson
Seems like it. Im confused....does the dyno day keep getting pushed back or these #'s are coming from dynos so Im lost.
the numbers are from an altimas dyno with the same kit on the same engine basically, from the same company...so in theory the results should be the same...

this guy has yet to post numbers or say that they dynoed it, unless i'm mistaken...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:25 PM
dot dot dot ...

I will tell you guys that the kit only put down on my car for some reason 355whp and 365 touque. But thats for now Thur. will bring different results.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:39 PM

Hence my confusion.....so its already dynoed but not producing his expected numbers, but why no runfiles for these runs already made???
Old 07-29-2008, 03:26 PM

i think he has dyno'd and semi-tuned, but it sounds like they havent buttoned everything up and done a ful tune yet

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
'Set-up'.
like turboxs's (UTEC) dyno does and it sounds like what happens here. i hope this doesnt end up like the vq30 kit that was set up terribly and came with an undersized turbo and no room to go to the right size. with the right turbo it should easily be able to make 400+. maybe going twin scroll with quick-spool valve type setup is the answer for people that want a great kit once this is released.

maybe 1swtmax should find out what turbo is being used...
Old 07-29-2008, 03:36 PM

Hence my confusion.....so its already dynoed but not producing his expected numbers, but why no runfiles for these runs already made???
Are you for real? It went to the dyno and only produced 355whp and 365 torque. Its going back to the dyno on Thur. (31st) with some more things added, at that time I will show those runfiles. Because that will actually be what my car is putting down.

I hope that clears things up for you.

I plan on letting everyone know what Thurs. brings and then tell you what I did to get that 400whp mark.

Last edited by 1swtmax; 07-29-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Along with the price for everything.

Are you for real? It went to the dyno and only produced 355whp and 365 torque. Its going back to the dyno on Thur. (31st) with some more things added, at that time I will show those runfiles. Because that will actually be what my car is putting down.

I plan on letting everyone know what Thurs. brings and then tell you what I did to get that 400whp mark.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:07 PM

IDk why its so hard to believe It went to the dyno, ok....was just curious as to why no runfiles for what are still impressive numbers,thats all? You mention with some more things added,like what? I dont get your edge over this, certainly them e-mailing you the runfiles of were its at now isnt that absurd, plus I would think its would be of some interest to show the progression of the dyno #'s, where X changed cause Y was done....ya know what I mean?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM

its seems hard to bit hard to believe as the kit is advertised as producing about 375hp to the wheel. 355 is short of those goals. Circumstances are a bit different but its the same motor as the alti's. So with that in mind its all up to the tuner to produce the numbers they advertised.

I wish they took some pics to show you how they routed what, and if anything looks off/out of place. a shop can be used to working on a 3.5 but working on one in a maxima versus an altima can make a bit of a difference.

Also depending on the mileage on the motor before the boost went on, compression could be a bit lower than expected. There are a lot of factors that could explain why he's a bit short on power but the shop should have eliminated most of the obvious potential threats (exhaust leaks, vac leak, too lean/rich, small diameter DP piping etc)
Old 07-29-2008, 08:00 PM

Well yea, I agree they are falling short of the "as advertised" numbers but was just curious as to why no Files on it,even in its incomplete state. Even knowing it has more to go, am I the only one interested in how that graph looks as it stands?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:02 PM

not sure I'd hope they would have kept them for comparison reasons but hopefully he asks them to save and email them when they do a run this thursday. seeing the graph can help to identify what could be wrong or if its just a smooth power band and thats the most that turbo can spit out
Old 07-29-2008, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by MDeezy
not sure I'd hope they would have kept them for comparison reasons but hopefully he asks them to save and email them when they do a run this thursday. seeing the graph can help to identify what could be wrong or if its just a smooth power band and thats the most that turbo can spit out
lol yea true, but I would certainly ask for copies to emailed to me at any dyno stage, especially considering he cant be thre for the actual dyno. Anyhoo, hoping to see the numbers by weeks end...would like to see this work out.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by sunstream453

like turboxs's (UTEC) dyno does and it sounds like what happens here. i hope this doesnt end up like the vq30 kit that was set up terribly and came with an undersized turbo and no room to go to the right size. with the right turbo it should easily be able to make 400+. maybe going twin scroll with quick-spool valve type setup is the answer for people that want a great kit once this is released.

maybe 1swtmax should find out what turbo is being used...
I was referring to the actual dyno machine set-up.

In any case, most dynos can be set up to read however they/you want it to, that is why i like runfiles, so you can see the set up for yourself.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:30 AM

excited for outcome.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:19 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

http://www.speedforceracing.com/prod...aximaturbo.php
Old 07-30-2008, 11:22 AM

Am i the only one that hears compressor surge in the video
Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

^^ Nope...
Old 07-30-2008, 01:35 PM

That's not compressor surge. It's the bov fluttering from not being under a load. My bov sounds the same way when parked or if I accelerate and get of the gas still in vacuum.

This video shows compressor surge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCj6Spwl1CU

Last edited by nwell2k3; 07-30-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:48 PM

pretty disappointed. i expected it to be good. looking at everything on there, the only thing worth buying is the piping. poor parts selection is certainly holding it back. how bout they offer a real engine management and not some BS controller? they oughta be getting a utec harness adapter made for this. with an upgraded turbo and better management it could be promising.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by nwell2k3
That's not compressor surge. It's the bov fluttering from not being under a load. My bov sounds the same way when parked or if I accelerate and get of the gas still in vacuum.
Thats what I was thinking. I remember awhile back seeing a vid of a SC 4th gen(maybe you) racing a sprayed Mustang and when the were holding rpms from like 40mph it sounded like that too....the same flutter.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:23 PM

Thats what I was thinking. I remember awhile back seeing a vid of a SC 4th gen(maybe you) racing a sprayed Mustang and when the were holding rpms from like 40mph it sounded like that too....the same flutter.
That was meximax and a s/c has to vent in that way and sounds different. I have both and can tell you thats compressor surge.

Originally Posted by nwell2k3

This video shows compressor surge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCj6Spwl1CU
S/C and turbo are different but that is surge not the bov. IIRC their kit uses a tial . Not very good at venting low boost at all.

Last edited by kzoosho; 07-30-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by kzoosho
That was meximax and a s/c has to vent in that way and sounds different. I have both and can tell you thats compressor surge.

S/C and turbo are different but that is surge not the bov. IIRC their kit uses a tial . Not very good at venting low boost at all.
Yea Im sure your right then, I dont have much s/c experiance and my only turbo experiances are on motorcycles so Im inclined to say your better equiped to make that call, just knew it sounded similiar and was wondering. Yea, meximax was his name, good call.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:30 PM

I saw that video. Most (not all) but, most surging is caused by adding a very large turbo to a small displacement engine. Or if you have improper boost controll settings (which I had). So what you get is an instabillty in flow which causes your turbo to stall. Then you get the worst surge that causes your turbo to spin backwards. Both can damage your bearings but the later has a better chance at damaging your bearings. The video I posted shows it..

Quick Reply: Finally turbo for 5th gen.