Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Finally turbo for 5th gen.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by 1swtmax
You were just dying to bust my ***** about that weren`t you Hey by the way did you ever find that 3 cluster gauge pod that you asked me about on cardomain.

nope never did and no i wasn't just dieing to man i just had to drop it in there.

i mean there is nothing wrong with the kit and the numbers i just knew the kit would make the power off of low boost
Old 01-06-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by 02turbomax
nope never did and no i wasn't just dieing to man i just had to drop it in there.

i mean there is nothing wrong with the kit and the numbers i just knew the kit would make the power off of low boost
Yea it just doesn`t make sense to me. I really thought it would make more, but I`m still happy with the results.

You took the Altima kit and made it work for your car. What is yours putting down?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 PM

Yea it just doesn`t make sense to me. I really thought it would make more, but I`m still happy with the results.

You took the Altima kit and made it work for your car. What is yours putting down?
motors lol. just kidding
Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 PM

yea 400 is damn good

actually i was just running that tune that they sent me and i blew the motor and rebuilt it so im getting a three new tunes 10 psi 93 octane
15psi 93 octane and 20 psi race fuel so hoping to hit 600-800 whp
Old 01-07-2009, 04:16 PM

yea 400 is damn good

actually i was just running that tune that they sent me and i blew the motor and rebuilt it so im getting a three new tunes 10 psi 93 octane
Holly shet, and how do you plan on putting all that power to the ground. (very carefully)

And how did you blow the motor, its a very safe kit or did you go do something that you shouldn`t of like jack the boost up or something
Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 PM

yea 400 is damn good

Definitely keep us updated on your new tunes. My goal is 600whp with the SFR kit and a 100 shot direct-port for the track.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Boosted Panda

Definately going to continue to watch this thread. would be nice to see you guys get over the 500whp.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:04 PM

1swtmax, is your 6-speed HLSD?
Also, what size was the exhaust they had to upgrade to finally get all the power?

That's a sweet set up. I've been looking at that kit for a while but somehow missed this thread till now. I'm strongly considering doing this later this year using my hotshot headers as turbo manifolds instead of the stock manifolds.

I may hit you up later with some specific questions about the kit if that's ok.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Derrick2k2SE
1swtmax, is your 6-speed HLSD?
Also, what size was the exhaust they had to upgrade to finally get all the power?

That's a sweet set up. I've been looking at that kit for a while but somehow missed this thread till now. I'm strongly considering doing this later this year using my hotshot headers as turbo manifolds instead of the stock manifolds.

I may hit you up later with some specific questions about the kit if that's ok.
Yea it is a 6 speed with the HLSD. The exhaust, its 3" stainless the whole way. And sure, get a hold of me when your ready.

Matter of fact my car goes in the shop on Monday for the new tranny. To everyone out there don`t use the Stillen short throw shifter. It apparently trashed my tranny. I was told that, that short throw shifter is junk because it doesn`t really come the whole way out of gear before it starts to shift, which is really hard (and the destorying) on the sinkronizors. Just my luck. And I know someone is going to say that I`m full of it, well that is what happened to my car. So if anyone wants a Stillen short throw shifter for a 03 manual trans. you will have to go to my local land fill to get it.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:14 PM

Holly shet, and how do you plan on putting all that power to the ground. (very carefully)

And how did you blow the motor, its a very safe kit or did you go do something that you shouldn`t of like jack the boost up or something
i blew my motor becuase my oil return line was on the exhuast after the transmission shop did some work on it and it burned a hole and you know no oil causes problems

and for some reason with my auto and my nankang ns2, the tires dont break lose unless i use the stall and or the parking break (burn outs are great)

Last edited by 02turbomax; 01-08-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by dazalfolks
Definitely keep us updated on your new tunes. My goal is 600whp with the SFR kit and a 100 shot direct-port for the track.
man anything is possible with the 3.5

not a problem im actually leaving her down untill i can do the heads but will keep everyone up dated
Old 01-11-2009, 12:02 PM

Wow! Have things come a long way since I had my 5th gen.

Nice numbers
Old 01-15-2009, 12:15 PM

Well the new tranny is in and along with the new motor mounts and sub frame mounts everything seems really tight.

Come on spring!!

Just waiting on the front bumper to get repainted and I`m done. Can`t wait to hit some shows this spring.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 AM

Good job. Got any pics???????
Old 01-22-2009, 09:47 AM
SLOW

I don't know if you figured this out already but Toyo R888s are not drag radials. They are an R compound road race tire. I know some guys that use them on RWD cars with big power and they work pretty well on the street, but still not as good as a drag radial for launching at the track because the sidewall is very stiff on them. Also you don't want to expose those tires (or any R compound or DR) to temperatures under about 35 degrees or it will make the rubber much less sticky. I see you live in PA so that is a consideration for you.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
I don't know if you figured this out already but Toyo R888s are not drag radials. They are an R compound road race tire. I know some guys that use them on RWD cars with big power and they work pretty well on the street, but still not as good as a drag radial for launching at the track because the sidewall is very stiff on them. Also you don't want to expose those tires (or any R compound or DR) to temperatures under about 35 degrees or it will make the rubber much less sticky. I see you live in PA so that is a consideration for you.
Thanks, I was looking at the Toyo R888 because of the 100 tread rating compared what I have now at a 280 rated tire. I need more grip and I did mess that up by calling them a drag radial ooops. I reseached them a little further and I`m still not sure yet, I mean I will still need something for the rain if it would rain or something. As far as the cold weather, no problem, car sits. It stays inside the garage from middle fall till middle spring. Its just right now I`m running Toyo T1R and it spins 1st, 2nd, and most of 3rd. Thats why I was looking at a softer tire like the R888s. Any input?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by sciff5
Looks like a great kit. Just wanted to point that out to anyone curious about the quality of it. They even have a flex section in the hotside to give it a little give and keep the hotside from cracking.

Top quality componets too. We are VERY lucky guys that a company has decided to invest a lot of time and research on what will turn out to be prob very low production and return for them. Their Intake manifold is priced fairly as well, if not on the low side, hate to say it but its true.

Would like to know some stats about the IM. Looks like those runners are pretty short. Should be fine for FI but as said before this will prob be more of a race manifold. It increase area under the curve hopefully but will still shift the powerband up a little higher. What are you guys doing for tuning?

EDIT: Re-read the write up on the kits and saw how you are addressing tuning. You guys are getting rid of the MAF though, I'm assuming just running off the MAP and IAT like speed density. How do you keep it from pulling codes though, I know really nothing about the electronics/pcm of the Vq35?

Thanks for the compliments.We are still using the MAF.It is on the charge pipe right before the throttlebody.CNC bung is welded to the pipe.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 PM

The BFG Dr's will be better for you then the R888's, in my opinion.We built this crazy widebody 750WHP BMW and it has 325 BFG Dr's on the back and this thing hooks up.This car is cary fast.The owner like to drive it on race fuel and 28-30 psi of boost daily!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by nwell2k3
What brand radiator is on this car?

It is a Koyo for a 350Z we modified for the Altima and Maxima.We will be offering these very soon.There will be a few other goodies for you guys too
Old 01-23-2009, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedForceRacing
There will be a few other goodies for you guys too
Keep us posted, I'm interested and only 5 hours away.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Banned

As far as tires go, consider the falken azenis 615 as an option.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:31 PM

Looks like I`m going to go with slicks on my old factory rims (just the front 2 lol) cause I can haul them with me from track to track without needing a second vehicle. And for the street I believe I`m going to go with Nitto Invo 255/35/19 or 245s. Anyone used these before. I just got everything back together. New tranny install, new urathane bushings, front bumper repainted, and the Umnitza predator orion V2 (angel eyes) installed. Looks cool as chet.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:36 AM

A little bit of an old thread, but definitely some good information. I'm looking to turbo mine and this seems to be the only kit produced for it now. I just think that ~$6k W/O labor is quite pricey.

1swtmax, if you don't mine me asking, how much did this kit run you with install? If you want to go with more boost later, can you do that with the engine management it has or do they send you more maps? How does that work? Do you think it would have been cheaper to piece everything together and do a UTEC or something? Really looking for some answers. Thanks man, enjoy the car!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:16 PM

As far as price I have about $7500 w/o labor cause the car also got a 3" stainless steel exhaust. Labor I didn`t pay for cause it being a test car for the kit. I know the engine will not handle more boost than 10psi which I can control with the Greddy profec mounted by the gear shifter. As far as the rest of your questions dunno. I can tell you I don`t have the knowledge or the patients to mess around with cars. Construction is my trade. So I would tell you to call Tim from Speedforceracing. He can help you with any questions you might have.

But I will comment. The car runs just perfect. It is really fast. Can`t wait to get to the track.

Hope that helps you, but honestly I would call Tim he can diffently help you with your questions.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:46 PM

VQ30DET ; the turbo setup for this is fine for nissan maxima VQ30DE .

http://www.turbocare.co.nz/nissan-vq...turbo-upgrade/

Last edited by samuraipsy; 11-11-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:12 AM

fair enough to remove my post

, any turbo can easily fit any car , only have to lower compression if running high boost. dont know why my post got removed "cleaned up" but reality is bigger the displacement of engine (eg torque ) the bigger the turbo you can have without lag. thats why diggers have shuge turbos. so for 5.5 gens if its 30 go garret 28 if its a 35 go garret 30 , . super charger and small turbs is probably best set up .