Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Emanage Ultimate Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
Hit me up on AIM. kevlo911

lets see if we can figure somethin out
Dont use aim,...going to try and mess with it again tinight. Sux that the car is at my buddies house and not mine.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Kevlo for President

Yea I would mess with teh tps stuff and see if the car runs anybetter. Try turning it on w/o tps tapped and try to adjust the lag time and stuff. Then try to tap the TPS wire and see how it goes. Do this with a NEW emu file
Old 08-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
Yea I would mess with teh tps stuff and see if the car runs anybetter. Try turning it on w/o tps tapped and try to adjust the lag time and stuff. Then try to tap the TPS wire and see how it goes. Do this with a NEW emu file
Figured out why the EU was seeing really low TPS readings. I used a mulitmeter to check the voltage at the TPS, it read right around 5volts.
Checked at the pin on the OEM harness, got around .2v and a tad bit higher.
Ran a wire tapped to the TPS and tapped onto the OEM wire before it plugged into the my patch cable and then plugged up the EU, and started seeing higher TPS voltage, around 2-3V. So tomorrow Im going to back back and solder a wire right at the TPS and run it into the cabin through the firewall and solder it onto the OEM harness right before the connector to the ECU.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Kevlo for President

I think the OEM wire is shielded, so you might wanna check that too
Old 08-22-2008, 07:46 AM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Figured out why the EU was seeing really low TPS readings. I used a mulitmeter to check the voltage at the TPS, it read right around 5volts.
Checked at the pin on the OEM harness, got around .2v and a tad bit higher.
Ran a wire tapped to the TPS and tapped onto the OEM wire before it plugged into the my patch cable and then plugged up the EU, and started seeing higher TPS voltage, around 2-3V. So tomorrow Im going to back back and solder a wire right at the TPS and run it into the cabin through the firewall and solder it onto the OEM harness right before the connector to the ECU.
Somehow I missed that your TPS was wonky. Tapping the TPS normally with the EU should definitely work, so if you've got almost no voltage there then you've got a ground out/short out/signal loss somewhere on that line before the tap. And as Kev said, check the shielding too.

But just FYI, leaving the intercept in place and using the analog in/out map you don't have to run in open loop. All you do is match the settings In to Out on that map and the TPS will function as normal. If you want to force open loop you do that by artificially increasing the output TPS voltage at the rpm range you want, but it doesn't mean you'll be in open loop at all rpms, it all depends how you set up the analog in/out map.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Proud of his GroceryGetter!!!!

OK so an update. Went to the shop today, cleaned the maf and still stuck at 2500 rpm. took the maf off and still 2500 rpm, but what I did notice is that the emanage isnt reading the maf voltage or the engine rpm speeds when i try and datalog. What color wires are used for those 2 things. I tried to use dandys guide but couldnt find the rpm signal color wire. Any ideas guys?
Old 08-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by MaxInProgress
OK so an update. Went to the shop today, cleaned the maf and still stuck at 2500 rpm. took the maf off and still 2500 rpm, but what I did notice is that the emanage isnt reading the maf voltage or the engine rpm speeds when i try and datalog. What color wires are used for those 2 things. I tried to use dandys guide but couldnt find the rpm signal color wire. Any ideas guys?
RPM wire is white with a green stripe,
Pin 5

Old 08-25-2008, 09:22 PM

Thanks will check again and report back.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:47 PM
3.5 in the works

The tacho rpm signal isn't in my guide because there's no need to bother with it, use the crank lines so you can see ignition timing, and the rpm will be picked up off that.

Do you mean the rpm is reading zero and the MAF voltage also, or do you mean they're both not shown on the datalogger? You need to turn them on to see them, how to use the datalogger is described in the guide also. But if they're zero reading then you have a wiring problem. For example, like I said before, mixing up the MAF in and out will cause what you're seeing.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 AM

the thing is before my old emanage got stolen from my car everything was working properly, when the emanage was stolen and i got the new one now the maf in and out shows.14 and doesnt change and the rpm's stay at 0. Nothing got done to the wires but i did notice that a purple wire with red stripes around it is out now and im not sure where that was. other than that nothing has reallly changed in the wires. when it was stolen they just unplugged it and tok the unit along with the laptop.