Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

J30 metal pulley as the idler, plastic fenco on the tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

J30 metal pulley as the idler, plastic fenco on the tensioner

This is the way to do it, I'm using the fenner plastic pulley on the tensioner, allows more belt clearance this way and the J30 timing belt idler is heavy ****ing duty and belongs on the drive side (idler) instead of that fenner , or you can get an asp but I still think this set-up is better. The tensioner adjustment rod needs alot of modification and there is some shimming required, and the J30 idler requires some grinding and a little drilling as well, and yes I know my belt is misaligned, my bracket already needed extensive modifying just to get where it is and it needs a little more still, once I work that out I'm going to go ahead and put the blue racing belt on there. Don't mind the rubber shards in pic 2, that's from a separate incident.

Last edited by KRRZ350; 06-08-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by KRRZ350

This is the way to do it, I'm using the fenner plastic pulley on the tensioner, allows more belt clearance this way and the J30 timing belt idler is heavy ****ing duty and belongs on the drive side (idler) instead of that fenner , or you can get an asp but I still think this set-up is better. The tensioner adjustment rod needs alot of modification and there is some shimming required, and the J30 idler requires some grinding and a little drilling as well, and yes I know my belt is misaligned, my bracket already needed extensive modifying just to get where it is and it needs a little more still, once I work that out I'm going to go ahead and put the blue racing belt on there. Don't mind the rubber shards in pic 2, that's from a separate incident.
Kudos for doing something different, but the underlined sentence doesn't invoke too much confidence/appeal in your approach IMO. No offense, but why are you're trying to re invent the wheel when there are other proven parts that can be utilized... Your approach does not seem ".....the way to do it" IMO.
Besides, there's nothing wrong with Stillen's original design/parts. Years later and tons of boost, STILL no problems.